BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 79 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 78 79
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who says he's out? We see him at every practice coaching the 2021's and working with our 2022's.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
That is laughable and what's more funny is the poor poor parents who don't know it's all done after this year! The 22 and 23 coaches have agreed to try and hold on but TD is out! How can their 21 team be the best when Mesa is clearly the best followed by HHH and Freedom? And their 22 and 23 teams don't have a shot against Freedom and Brotherly Love.....PROPAGANDA MACHINE!

This is actually funny, Sons will be back at the top again at their 3 age groups. Dirty Jerseys, hahahaha

Everyone is impressed that the Rising Sons beat : LI Bluefish,Dirty Jerseys,Team United, Team 201 and the predators.
That is awesome.

Our teams won 3/4 at Blue Hen 2016 and you know what you can only beat the teams that are there. Decent competition and 3/4 aint bad. What has HHH done you still haven't answered the original question.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He's a lunatic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sons will be the second to third best Philly 2022 team for 2017.
They're pretty solid.
Best FO in Philly.
Top 2 goalie in Philly.
A solid group of Poles.
Middies and Attack are solid, not spectacular.
Like it or not, Sons are strong at this level.
Not saying they're gonna win the Philly Daddy Ball Championships but they should be more competitive than they've been in the past.
2022 Rankings, IMO:
Freedom
Sons
Rough Riders
HHH
Mesa

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How's HHH at 2022?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thing about Daddy Ball is that it really comes down to favoritism and bias. The worse case scenario is the Daddy that puts Johnny at attack when everyone on the sidelines knows that Johnny doesn't has the skill set to play the position. However there are plenty of sons in Philly whose sons are just lights out as well.

The bias and favoritism doesn't stop there though. My kid plays for a very good club in Phllly with a long history of success; however, there is a ton of bias and favoritism and there are no Daddys coaching the team. The whole offense is focused on two kids and that is it. All the other players are filling out the required 10 players to play the game. While my kid isn't the best player on the team he obviously made the team and is certainly skilled enough to contribute. The irony of this kind of bias is that kids grow and develop at such different rates.

Whether it is daddy ball or coaching favoritism there will always be bias

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guessing not that great. They were sharing a couple of Freedom boys that were doing both and the majority of them went back to Freedom and are not doing HHH this year. I think one player continues to do both.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount Brotherly Love at 2022. My daughter plays on their girls team and I have watched their practices. They made some major changes and the practices are excellent. Say what you will and I know there was alot of chatter awhile ago about Frank doing it fo the money

Frank Urso is the Head Coach and not only has he been at every practice he is staying after and working with individual kids. He has brought in 5-6 of his high school boys to help, his defensive coordinator, his goalie coach, and they have a good core. They seem to be sharing some players with other clubs but the kids have been committed. Two boys from Dukes National team left and are playing for Frank including a stud goalie and middie, the best pole in Philly if not the country, stud attackman. They will need time but the core is there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having HS or College kids help out is the absolute worst thing that can happen to a program.
Many on here who've been through this know what I'm sayin'.
If you want professional coaches, they need to be paid, like a professional.
*most* Daddies and zero HS kids can not teach the game or coach a kid like a pro.
Sideline observer: the two best goalies are at Freedom and Sons. Bar none. HHH has a pair of good ones too.
BL rules the 23s, not even in the discussion w the 22s...
As far as the guy doing it for the money, who cares. If he wants to make a buck, let him. Nobody forces anyone into these programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd really like to see some age based restrictions out there.
My 13 year old 8th grader has quite a few 15 year olds on his team. Almost all are at least 14.
Just doesn't seem right or fair.
Guess I'll just reclass him, right?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "guy doing it for the money"
Might want to google Frank Urso
Too funny

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wouldn't discount Brotherly Love at 2022. My daughter plays on their girls team and I have watched their practices. They made some major changes and the practices are excellent. Say what you will and I know there was alot of chatter awhile ago about Frank doing it fo the money

Frank Urso is the Head Coach and not only has he been at every practice he is staying after and working with individual kids. He has brought in 5-6 of his high school boys to help, his defensive coordinator, his goalie coach, and they have a good core. They seem to be sharing some players with other clubs but the kids have been committed. Two boys from Dukes National team left and are playing for Frank including a stud goalie and middie, the best pole in Philly if not the country, stud attackman. They will need time but the core is there.
Have you seen the Sons 2022 poles? I'd be hard pressed to think anyone has a defense like theirs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd really like to see some age based restrictions out there.
My 13 year old 8th grader has quite a few 15 year olds on his team. Almost all are at least 14.
Just doesn't seem right or fair.
Guess I'll just reclass him, right?

A 15 year old in 8th grade is not right for anyone especially the young man whose academic progress has been stunted by a lacrosse crazed decision. What team are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone know who the "Chiefs" are?
They're listed as participants in the NXT Spring League for 2022AA.
I know Sons used to enter their teams in tourneys as "Chiefs" if they had to do a composite team of some sort.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have you seen the Sons 2022 poles? I'd be hard pressed to think anyone has a defense like theirs.

We put 12 goals on that D last year won 12-2 in a tournament. May be good D in Philly in Maryland different story.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We put 12 goals on that D last year won 12-2 in a tournament. May be good D in Philly in Maryland different story.
Big upgrades

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You mean in MD where the 2022s are all 14-15 year olds?
We are aware, broski.
I'd take any Philly age based team and know they'd give most teams a great game. Once we go to grade based, well, ya know, our boys can't hang w your men.
Just think, next year they can drive themselves to practice. As 8th graders. That must be nice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please....Philly teams have just as many holdbacks. Sons are full of holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only good 2023 in Maryland right now is Crabs, The rest not so much not sure what happened but considering the area I would have expected better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not only does MD hold them back, they reclass them too.
Seriously.
I've never seen a team from MD NOT a complete head taller across the board.
It's pretty bad MD daddy.
You know it.
Nothing can be done except to bash it on an anon message board to make you feel insecure about little johnny and how bad he'd be if he was playing a year up, where he would be if he were in Philly...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't believe im gonna do this but in the interest of defending PA lacrosse I have to defend the Sons. PA doesn't do holdbacks like MD and LI do. Yes there may be two on the Sons 21 team and I think another for HHH but that is it. Mesa & Freedom have none and either does RoughRiders. Dukes has 2 I think. This is nothing compared to Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't believe im gonna do this but in the interest of defending PA lacrosse I have to defend the Sons. PA doesn't do holdbacks like MD and LI do. Yes there may be two on the Sons 21 team and I think another for HHH but that is it. Mesa & Freedom have none and either does RoughRiders. Dukes has 2 I think. This is nothing compared to Crabs!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the best programs for development of a player?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the best programs for development of a player?

The teams that carry multiple teams for grade do not anything for the "B" team players (Freedom White, Mesa Blue, Roughrider Select).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the year round programs are the best for development. Most of the improvement is realized through clinics and practices. Games not so much. There is nothing wrong with your kid playing on the B Team. Some of the best players out there both boys and girls started on B Teams.
I am a big believer in, look at what makes the kid good. Is he just simply bigger than everyone else and running over people. Are his stick skills better because he had a stick stuck in his hand at 2. Is there a foundation for sustainable success?

In middle school, can't tell you how many kids that were studs at 4,5,6 grade have now been surpassed. To me the things you look for are age agppropriate quickness and speed, IQ, vision, hustle/heart. All of those things can be developed on B Teams.

It really only makes a difference around 9th grade as not too many college coaches are going to be on the sideline watching a B game. Look at Rutgers and all the skill guys they have, most of them were off the radar guys and under recruited. Rob Pannell, Dylan Molloy, and the list goes on of kids that hit their stride Freshman year of college but developed out of the spotlight. How many really highly touted kids really delivered when they got to college.

Personally I think Matt Rambo has underdelivered in college considering his pedigree and look at the kid that was ranked #1 in his class, Jordan Evans that went to Syracuse and donned #22 to cite him as a disappointment is an understatement.

Keep on "developing" with reps from QUALITY coaches and see where that takes you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the year round programs are the best for development. Most of the improvement is realized through clinics and practices. Games not so much. There is nothing wrong with your kid playing on the B Team. Some of the best players out there both boys and girls started on B Teams.
I am a big believer in, look at what makes the kid good. Is he just simply bigger than everyone else and running over people. Are his stick skills better because he had a stick stuck in his hand at 2. Is there a foundation for sustainable success?

In middle school, can't tell you how many kids that were studs at 4,5,6 grade have now been surpassed. To me the things you look for are age agppropriate quickness and speed, IQ, vision, hustle/heart. All of those things can be developed on B Teams.

It really only makes a difference around 9th grade as not too many college coaches are going to be on the sideline watching a B game. Look at Rutgers and all the skill guys they have, most of them were off the radar guys and under recruited. Rob Pannell, Dylan Molloy, and the list goes on of kids that hit their stride Freshman year of college but developed out of the spotlight. How many really highly touted kids really delivered when they got to college.

Personally I think Matt Rambo has underdelivered in college considering his pedigree and look at the kid that was ranked #1 in his class, Jordan Evans that went to Syracuse and donned #22 to cite him as a disappointment is an understatement.

Keep on "developing" with reps from QUALITY coaches and see where that takes you.
Great post, and keep in mind that quality of the instruction. Is there feedback? My biggest chagrin is watching kids do things wrong with out correction. I would say most coaches i've watched over the years have set up great drills and have gotten kids a ton of reps but haven't stopped to correct the little things. Therefore coaches holding kids accountable about all the little things is what I would look out for. You can shoot a ball 1000 times, and if your doing it wrong you can get REALLY GOOD and shooting REALLY BAD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I will reclass my snowflake after 8th grade.
Why?
Going from public to private school: adjusting to the academic workload.
Age: he's a July birthday which makes him the youngest in his class or on his team. I've talked to many educators and they all say the same thing: it can't hurt but only helps them academically.
Sports: yep, I'll say it, little Johnny is ok now as a young 22. He should be even better as a 23, where he should be. Size matters in this sport.
His desire: he want to do this and I feel keeping him in school an extra year before HS isn't a bad thing. I know I could've used an extra year to mature.
Why am I posting this here? Because I love this site and this is where we should all come for life advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great post. Love the honesty. We did it for same exact reasons... best thing we ever did. He is also a July bday. Played up (U13 at 11, U15 as a 12 yr old etc) until it came time to get in front of recruiters. He is committed at a top D1 school and is on a mission to add speed and size and play a few other sports. In addition, he is joining other academic clubs etc.. and on top of it all he will graduate at 18 yrs vs 17yrs. Certainly ok with that.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I never considred doing this but you both make good points. I can tell you that I reflect on my life and there is little doubt that more maturity that only comes with age and life experiences would have done me good. The extra year would have helped academically, athletically, and perspetive. How many of us really knew what we wanted to do straight out of high school. I for one think a year off before going to college is a good idea as long as it doesn't turn into 5 years. Postgrad year? Also a good idea, a couple of top end recruits are doing that right now. Bubba the #1 ranked recruit in the country that just bumped Matt Moore is reclassing righ now with a PG year. Manown going to Duke is doing a PG year as well.
Should we start college when we are 18 or does 20 perhaps offer a better foundation. Are they cheating, no? Boys mature and develop more slowly and if it allows you to do better in the classroom and field while ultimately preparing you for the game of life....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes!!! Spot on.. my first year of college I had a 2.0 and spent the next 3 years clawing out a hole left by one immature mistake after another. PG also good option for some boys...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freedom Play Day this Sunday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly Freedom Play Day this Sunday!
Predictions?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

2022 Sons will surprise some people...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Really - we are predicting outcomes of a fall play day. People need to get out of their parent's basement...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Got my own entertainment center, homecooked meals, laundry service and best of all free rent....why should I ever leave.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see this is the problem with this. Fall lacrosse is not about wins and losses at all. Its not that way at any level, even college. These are opportunities to see where new players fit and try new things. If we start declaring people "champions" of fall play days we shortchange everything.
Stupid Rising Sons parent obvi! And I think he replied to his own post!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You see this is the problem with this. Fall lacrosse is not about wins and losses at all. Its not that way at any level, even college. These are opportunities to see where new players fit and try new things. If we start declaring people "champions" of fall play days we shortchange everything.
Stupid Rising Sons parent obvi! And I think he replied to his own post!!
pretty sure there are no champions in any events this fall

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed most do not have a championship and are simple 3 and done or 4 and done. Fall ball is off season evaluation and tinkering time not win the t-shirt time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only good 2023 in Maryland right now is Crabs, The rest not so much not sure what happened but considering the area I would have expected better

BLC 2023 and Hawks 2023 teams are both very good .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 Sons
2022 Freedom
2023 Brotherly Love
2024 Brotherly Love

Not a great day for lacrosse today, how did it end up?

Like Reply Quote
Page 12 of 79 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard