BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 13 of 44 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The schedule is out for Fall Fest. There are some pretty interesting early in the tournament. Bragging rights should be established very quickly.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The schedule is out for Fall Fest. There are some pretty interesting early in the tournament. Bragging rights should be established very quickly.

Only problem with your theory is that you never get full rosters in the fall as so many girls play other sports. Anyone can win in the fall. Will see what happens come spring/summer when attendance is mandatory.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Only problem with your theory is that you never get full rosters in the fall as so many girls play other sports. Anyone can win in the fall. Will see what happens come spring/summer when attendance is mandatory.

What is Fall Fest?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you share a link to the schedule?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the attitude has changed in terms of what takes precedent i.e. rec vs. club. It seems to have swung in favor of club as we are paying big money for 7-8 tournies a year. This wasn't necessarily the case 2-3 years ago. I would suspect most girls will be at the fall events rather than other sports. Just my two cents worth.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

College coaches aren't watching 2021's this fall. They will in the summer, but not this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you share a link to the schedule?

go to tourneymachine.com

Fall Fest and Mid-Atlantic schedules are posted there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

College coaches aren't watching 2021's this fall. They will in the summer, but not this fall.

This is already incorrect, directors have already been contacted for 2021's by coaches and the fall run hasn't even started to gain steam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

Sorry, us MD parents have no idea who Express it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, us MD parents have no idea who Express it.

And us LI parents have no idea (and don't care) what he or she is talking about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express still have a girls program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is incorrect. There is a showcase tournament 10/23 and the oldest grad year there will be 2021. They will also be on the 2022 sidelines, so don't kid yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is incorrect. There is a showcase tournament 10/23 and the oldest grad year there will be 2021. They will also be on the 2022 sidelines, so don't kid yourself.

If you are talking about Prime Time Young Guns, there will not be any college coaches there. I don't know who is feeding you this information, but you are misinformed. College coaches are not allowed to recruit in October, so pretty curious how they are going to end up on the sidelines on 10/23. Maybe you should take a look at the recruiting calendar before you believe what your club director is telling you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are only 3 weekends this Fall that coaches can watch games, 11/5-6, 11/12-13 and 11/19-20.

This means that there are no coaches at Young Guns or Fall Fest.

There will be some at Chesapeake and Mid-Atlantic, but they aren't there for the 2021s. As I said earlier, that will start this summer. I know club directors blow smoke up folks asses, but colleges are just starting to got commits from 2020s. You think they have the time to watch 2021s too when they are still filling out 2019 and starting 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm going to guess you are from Redshirts. Ole George telling lies to parents again? Do you really think that 2022s are being recruited already? The first M&D 2020 girl committed yesterday. You think coaches have time to watch 7th graders this fall? Directors prey on the ignorance of consumers!!! Educate yourself on the process and who your daughter is playing for. It will save you heartache and money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you are talking about Prime Time Young Guns, there will not be any college coaches there. I don't know who is feeding you this information, but you are misinformed. College coaches are not allowed to recruit in October, so pretty curious how they are going to end up on the sidelines on 10/23. Maybe you should take a look at the recruiting calendar before you believe what your club director is telling you.

2021 recruiting has already begun, it will only be for the blue chip girls, next year will be the top half of recruiting class and the following year will be the back half and the bulk of the hang back colleges. But make no mistake it has begun for a select few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe you should read the recruiting calendar a little better...

(c) September 1 through November 30, 2016 [except for (1) through (3) below]:
(1) November 7-10:
(2) November 4-6, 11-13 and 18-20 (5 p.m. Friday through Sunday):
(3) November 23-25:

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(1) November 7-10:
(3) November 23-25:

Contact period and evaluation period are two different things. Evaluation periods are when coaches can come watch girls play. The only evaluation periods are under (2) above. The rest are contact periods. So I state again. There will be no college coaches at Young Guns or Lax Fest.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

2021 recruiting has already begun, it will only be for the blue chip girls, next year will be the top half of recruiting class and the following year will be the back half and the bulk of the hang back colleges. But make no mistake it has begun for a select few.

Wow! Such pride! Such expertise! We stand in awe of you, your knowledge, and your daughter!

ILD LOVES recruiting time!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"But make no mistake it has begun for a select few."

LOL. This was my favorite line. Very dire, dark, and dramatic. I love it!!!

I think this has to be that ILD guy. His kid is a hard worker. Works harder than anybody else. Her and her whole team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If ILD is who I think he is, this will mean something to him: Welcome to API, sir, the blackhole of club lax. Where's your payment?"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're funny. Please tell us what tournament these coaches were watching the 2021's play? It hasn't happened. Sure there are girls visiting schools on their own, that doesn't mean they are being "recruited". Get over yourself

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If it's DELETED, his daughter is a good player but not Blue Chip. He was right in the hip pocket of the most venomous sideline poisoner I've ever seen. She is the Queen Snake and Md United will soon see her in full force if her kid doesn't get credit for every goal, get credit for every assist and get credit for every save, ground ball, turnover and draw. She thinks her kid is getting a full, 100% scholarship to the U of Md. He claimed that the assistant club director and some of the coaches didn't know anything about women's (girls) lacrosse because they never played women's lacrosse (they're men and they played other field sports in college). But, in his lacrosse days, he didn't ever play women's lacrosse either. Kind of makes his grievance moot, eh?

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: No Identifying players
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. ILD is not API, not MD United etc. His daughter plays on the greatest youth lacrosse team ever assembled. Take a guess!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"But make no mistake it has begun for a select few."

LOL. This was my favorite line. Very dire, dark, and dramatic. I love it!!!

I think this has to be that ILD guy. His kid is a hard worker. Works harder than anybody else. Her and her whole team.

Ha ha ha...He's warning us to "make no mistake". I guess he's suggesting to us less-than-smart lax parents that his is one of the "select few". Ah...no she isn't. EA-6B

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. ILD is not API, not MD United etc. His daughter plays on the greatest youth lacrosse team ever assembled. Take a guess!!!

ULAX? They're pretty great.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're obviously referring to M&D, but I don't recall ever seeing an M&D parent on here bragging about anything. Which in actuality they could easily do. You seem to be the one obsessed with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Obviously referring to M&D"

Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you, ILD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ding, ding, ding...we have a winner!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me ILD all you want. I'm not an M&D parent though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The post about 2021 under way is correct. I know more than several girls that have been contacted by coaches through back channels already. They got looked at through tournaments, camps, clinics....and are under watch at upcoming tournaments. I am sure you will see coaches at Chesapeake, Mid Atlantic and Primetime. Believe whatever makes you feel comfortable I guess. Maybe you would be better to save your money this Fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

William Shakespeare on lacrosse:

"The lady (or the dude in this case) doth protest too much, methinks."

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't spell "I LieD" without ILD.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can't spell "I LieD" without ILD.

He can't be from Integrity, there is no one left. I am hearing they are not even playing in the spring league this year. The weak fell quick.

Back to ILD, I have my eyes on the other green team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

(1) November 7-10:
(3) November 23-25:

Contact period and evaluation period are two different things. Evaluation periods are when coaches can come watch girls play. The only evaluation periods are under (2) above. The rest are contact periods. So I state again. There will be no college coaches at Young Guns or Lax Fest.

During Contact Periods both evaluations and contact are allowed
Evaluation Periods are evaluation only, no contact allowed

Of course, this doesn't necessarily mean there will be coaches there, just that they are allowed to be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

If you are talking about Prime Time Young Guns, there will not be any college coaches there. I don't know who is feeding you this information, but you are misinformed. College coaches are not allowed to recruit in October, so pretty curious how they are going to end up on the sidelines on 10/23. Maybe you should take a look at the recruiting calendar before you believe what your club director is telling you.[/quote

(1) November 7-10:
(3) November 23-25:

And I will state, again, that you are the one who misinformed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I concur. The girls are playing at this age for a shot at being recruited. Fall tournaments are much more important than recreational league games because of the number of colleges coaches attending these events.

If you are talking about Prime Time Young Guns, there will not be any college coaches there. I don't know who is feeding you this information, but you are misinformed. College coaches are not allowed to recruit in October, so pretty curious how they are going to end up on the sidelines on 10/23. Maybe you should take a look at the recruiting calendar before you believe what your club director is telling you.[/quote

(1) November 7-10:
(3) November 23-25:

And I will state, again, that you are the one who misinformed.

I will state that you need to review Bylaw 13.17.6 of the compliance guidelines. It specifically states that evaluations are not allowed during contact periods.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I will state that you need to review Bylaw 13.17.6 of the compliance guidelines. It specifically states that evaluations are not allowed during contact periods.

13.02.4.1 Contact Period. A contact period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to make in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts and evaluations.

13.02.4.2 Evaluation Period. An evaluation period is that period of time when it is permissible for authorized athletics department staff members to be involved in off-campus activities designed to assess the academic qualifications and playing ability of prospective student-athletes. No in-person, off-campus recruiting contacts shall be made with the prospective student-athlete during an evaluation period.

Page 13 of 44 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard