BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,617
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Our lacrosse teams are better.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Crabs fielding teams with 16 year old 8th graders certainly provides a bit of an advantage over their competition. Sham of an organization.

The 2020 9th grade players are 15 right now, maybe two of them turn 16 during Fall.. The 2021 8th grade team has no 16 year olds! Completely in line with all other private school players across the board, lots of great competition up here at the elite level, great kids, great teams, will be really enjoyable season. Thank you for your insight.

Sorry bud, most 9th graders are 14 with a few turning 15 in the fall/winter of this year. Crabs has gamed the system for the past 3 years and continues on that path. It is the business model of Ryan McClernan and it will never change.
As for 16 year olds, Crabs has at least 4 on their 2020 team. Just stop making sh*t up about the age of Crabs 2020 players, there are way too many of us that know the facts and the ages.

Funny...they've been into this for so long that they don't even know what the proper age for a 2020 is supposed to be...SMH.

So who exactly gets to decide what the proper age actually is in Maryland? We have more than our share of private schools and plenty of great public schools. Maybe there is no "true and correct age" because we have kids who cover the spectrum. I agree that a kid who is two years older is no doubt out of touch with his teammates. But it's a straight up waste of time and energy to argue about a kid being 3 days or weeks older than 9/1 of any year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your lacrosse teams are older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed and readily noted above. When a high school is permitted to 1) offer scholarships for athletics and 2) hold children back for athletics and 3) do not have to,adhere to geographic boundaries , they are bound to be ,pore concentrated in terms of every athletic team. So in addition to paying club fees, you are okay with paying additional funds to be on a better high school team, generally with better coaching, then that is great. The original poster had inferred that private schools are better than public - in terms of athletics, would agree for the reasons above but there are D1 athletes that come out of public who chose to not choose a school for athletic reasons.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]As a parent that has had children in both, there is no comparison. It's silly to argue that there is. Sitting in a class with 10 kids instead of 30 where teachers can create their own curriculum and not teach to some test are two different experiences. The private schools are light years ahead of public schools in preparing the kids for college. I went to public school and took AP classes and still never had to do homework. College was a huge adjustment. Not that way for the private school kids. Most of them say college is easy compared to HS

Newsflash...public school
Kids taking AP and gt courses say the same thing!

Would agree they are different experiences but you are making the assumption that larger classes are inferior in some way. For a child that does not need more individualized attention, does not have behavioral issues or a learning difficulty, class size is generally irrelevant. If your child needs extra attention or has difficulty adjusting to classes of 12-30 then private may be better but which child will be better prepared for a university lecture class where they need to self manage and adjust? The world is not going to adapt to your child's every need and be in a setting that is groomed - others feel that this individualized attention is important to high schoolers. Again, a matter of choice but private school is not intrinsically better than public school. Also, where are your statistics and references for a statement that private schools are light years ahead of public in terms of preparing kids for college- that is your personal opinion based on your personal experience and not based in fact at all or reflective of what is happening in the better school districts.

You get what you pay for, plain and simple. Our public education is matched and being beat in 3rd world countries.

Which would mean that several of our local private schools are below 3rd world in terms of academics but at least they have small classes and good sports teams. you get what you pay for is not always the case but that is the only thing some folks in the Baltimore region know and repeat over and over.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that has had children in both, there is no comparison. It's silly to argue that there is. Sitting in a class with 10 kids instead of 30 where teachers can create their own curriculum and not teach to some test are two different experiences. The private schools are light years ahead of public schools in preparing the kids for college. I went to public school and took AP classes and still never had to do homework. College was a huge adjustment. Not that way for the private school kids. Most of them say college is easy compared to HS.

Give them a break. They are public school dads. They don't know any better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Our lacrosse teams are better.

And they were better younger as well. The spread just got wider that's all. No comparison. Competition and coaching levels at privates and order of magnitude better. Better players, coaches and comp = better finished product.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they were better younger as well. The spread just got wider that's all. No comparison. Competition and coaching levels at privates and order of magnitude better. Better players, coaches and comp = better finished product.

$100k better, doubtful. Salisbury and Stevenson here we come!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This I must cosign. They play the game the correct way. The best public school in Va still play a Football/Lacrosse game. The best public school game still only has 4 passes before a shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As a parent that has had children in both, there is no comparison. It's silly to argue that there is. Sitting in a class with 10 kids instead of 30 where teachers can create their own curriculum and not teach to some test are two different experiences. The private schools are light years ahead of public schools in preparing the kids for college. I went to public school and took AP classes and still never had to do homework. College was a huge adjustment. Not that way for the private school kids. Most of them say college is easy compared to HS.

Better, just because you say it is? Maybe at schools ouside LA, NY, DC , but come on, this is Bawlmer, can't find those schools on any lists of top privates. I think your perpspecitve may be a little skewed living in charm city but skewed perspective seems to be a pattern with this bunch.

Many studies on this over the years - real data folks, not just anonymous blowhards spouting off - a little googling will get you there. Check out a popular book called The Public School Advantage that analyzes this in detail.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Better, just because you say it is? Maybe at schools ouside LA, NY, DC , but come on, this is Bawlmer, can't find those schools on any lists of top privates. I think your perpspecitve may be a little skewed living in charm city but skewed perspective seems to be a pattern with this bunch.

Many studies on this over the years - real data folks, not just anonymous blowhards spouting off - a little googling will get you there. Check out a popular book called The Public School Advantage that analyzes this in detail.

One question. Are you from Maryland? If so, what county?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high ranking public schools in Maryland are all in Montgomery County. Baltimore County has 1 or 2 high schools that rank above avg and the rest are average at best. You need to stop massaging the stats to try and prove your ill advised argument.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The high ranking public schools in Maryland are all in Montgomery County. Baltimore County has 1 or 2 high schools that rank above avg and the rest are average at best. You need to stop massaging the stats to try and prove your ill advised argument.

8 of the top 25 are Howard County.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

An ill-advised argument is one not supported by facts, for example - "private schools are better because they are" - which is all we've really heard. I have merely pointed out that there are many sources of information that refute that, that's not massaging, it's saying "look, there, go see for yourself".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One question. Are you from Maryland? If so, what county?

That's two questions. A county that provides me with a front row seat to all of this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep checking in to this 2020 forum hoping that the topic has changed.. so painfully boring and irrelevant. I guess it could be worse. You could continue off topic and have chosen this forum to debate which Presidential canadate is less of a train wreck or even worse..you could continue to beat the holdback dead horse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I keep checking in to this 2020 forum hoping that the topic has changed.. so painfully boring and irrelevant. I guess it could be worse. You could continue off topic and have chosen this forum to debate which Presidential canadate is less of a train wreck or even worse..you could continue to beat the holdback dead horse.

Spoken like a true holdback parent. So painfully boring and irrelevant, yet you keep coming back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

8 of the top 25 are Howard County.

So doing the math, at least 10 of the 25 are in Baltimore or Howard County. Sounds pretty good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

getting a little uncomfortable because you can no longer discuss this point as no facts support your paying 100k for high school except for the glossies given to you at orientation? . How come private school parents who pay for their children to go to a school that supposedly builds character etc. are always the ones getting nasty when anyone disagrees with them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

getting a little uncomfortable because you can no longer discuss this point as no facts support your paying 100k for high school except for the glossies given to you at orientation? . How come private school parents who pay for their children to go to a school that supposedly builds character etc. are always the ones getting nasty when anyone disagrees with them.

You are way too full of yourself. I believe you are employed by a public school system. What capacity, I have no idea, but you are employed by them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are way too full of yourself. I believe you are employed by a public school system. What capacity, I have no idea, but you are employed by them.

I won't get into any of this other nonsense but I send my son to private school so he never has to be taught by a public school union employee. If you believe that is better for your children, more power to you. The county run schools in Maryland are terrible, regardless of the county in my opinion. I'll gladly sacrifice the bigger house, better car, bigger vacation place, etc. for my kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I won't get into any of this other nonsense but I send my son to private school so he never has to be taught by a public school union employee. If you believe that is better for your children, more power to you. The county run schools in Maryland are terrible, regardless of the county in my opinion. I'll gladly sacrifice the bigger house, better car, bigger vacation place, etc. for my kids.

Maryland has the best public High Schools in the country, per U.S. News. Public schools also have standards for their teachers - like licensing and certification requirements, and pay them more than the privates do so they can attract better talent.

Sending your kids to private school is your prerogative but don't say it's because MD schools are so "terrible", because they're not.

Not employed by any local, county, state or federal agency but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maryland has the best public High Schools in the country, per U.S. News. Public schools also have standards for their teachers - like licensing and certification requirements, and pay them more than the privates do so they can attract better talent.

Sending your kids to private school is your prerogative but don't say it's because MD schools are so "terrible", because they're not.

Not employed by any local, county, state or federal agency but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

You can't make general statements about Maryland schools. Baltimore city schools and the ones close to the city are pretty terrible and many of the ones that are not terrible are overcrowded. Howard county and Hereford zone schools are awesome. You have to look at the individual school to really tell. Most of the private schools are near many of bad public schools and that is no coincidence.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can't make general statements about Maryland schools. Baltimore city schools and the ones close to the city are pretty terrible and many of the ones that are not terrible are overcrowded. Howard county and Hereford zone schools are awesome. You have to look at the individual school to really tell. Most of the private schools are near many of bad public schools and that is no coincidence.

I completely agree, was just responding to the general statement in the previous post.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If you believe what the liberal US News tells you then you are an idiot. I'm not from here and the public schools in other states would make you eat your words. The reason the liberals love MD schools is because they are run by a huge bureaucracy at the county level. Most other states have towns or townships who run their school districts and the local control is much better than the county clowns administering 400,000 to 900,000 population school districts. Keep fooling yourself. There is a reason that there are so many private schools here...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop arguing with public school parents. The government is always going to prey on the weak. At the end of the day, they are our neighbors, and they deserve our sympathy and support.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Show me a place where the town runs the school district.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop arguing with public school parents. The government is always going to prey on the weak. At the end of the day, they are our neighbors, and they deserve our sympathy and support.

Amusing and again supporting the fact that the one conversation you can have is one where all agree with you. It is like the holdback justification all over again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Guess you would rather your child be taught by an uncertified generalist who may or may not have any credentials or perhaps the friend of the headmaster?

Good for you giving up so much so you can say your kids go to private school. What a good parent. Hope they stay in Baltimore so that investment might pay off for you. Sounds like the best decision for your family.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All school districts in NY and NJ are run by the town. Which is why they have the best public schools in the country top to bottom. As well as the highest taxes laugh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All school districts in NY and NJ are run by the town. Which is why they have the best public schools in the country top to bottom. As well as the highest taxes laugh.

Are these two states run by Democrats or Republicans ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that have to do with the lacrosse forum? Do you understand how Google works?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that have to do with the lacrosse forum? Do you understand how Google works?

I knew the answer and the guy is clearly a Rep. So I wanted him to say the Dems are running those stats with the good schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FYI 32 of the 48 2020 Commits are not from NLF Teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So 16 kids are from NLF teams. The NLF is what 12 teams or less. So we can say the USA 32 NLF 12. I think this says the NLF is pretty darn good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FYI 32 of the 48 2020 Commits are not from NLF Teams.

So 16 kids are from NLF teams. The NLF is what 12 teams or less. So we can say the USA 32 NLF 12. I think this says the NLF is pretty darn good.

Anybody know the breakdown by state? By Team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

MD-15, NY-14 ,FL-5, PA-4, NJ-2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now put club please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now put club please

google recruiting rundown 2020

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Now put club please

FCA-6, Crush 6, Sweet lax FL 4, Looneys-4, Crabs 4, Sons 3, Express 3, Sweetlax NY 3

Page 17 of 28 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard