BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 97 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Just heard from a PT parent that PT 2021 also got a 2020 AA Express North midfielder who reclassified.
And a 2020 PT Defenseman who also reclassified. 2021 is 9th grade, so it's not surprising and I'm sure there are a few more.

Um - no. 2021 is 8th grade!
yes as of now you are correct, but these were Summer tryouts for next year when the reclasses take effect. Our 2020 team went through it last year.

Anyone have some idea how many 2021 Primetime kids are now holdbacks/reclassed/overage? The adults in the room should be embarrassed. Exploiting kids for money, that's all it is. Funny thing is there doesn't seem to be a stigma attached to the kid who is "leftback". Maybe our overly politically correct society is to blame. Kids aren't shamed.

You are pathetic! Exploiting kids for money? Do you realize how many kids actually get money for college just for lacrosse?? Hardly anyone. AND...most private schools strongly encourage kids to repeat when going to their school for developmental purposes which has nothing to do with sports. Maybe you don't know how private schools work. Stop being jealous, if you kid isn't good enough to play with kids a year older then he probably just isn't good enough to get recruited or play at a high level, there are plenty of other teams for you. Go out and have fun. So tired of listening to all the whining about hold backs, re classed kids etc

A more moronic post I have not read. Disclaimer, my son is a 2019 who played varsity last year and is committed. Idiots like you are ruining the game of lacrosse. Why should kids be able to cheat by staying back a year in school? Why? No other sport permits cheating by playing younger kids but lacrosse is okay with it? I mean, the parents are okay with it. Kids must hate being heldback because Daddy wants to live vicariously through Little Johnny.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just heard from a PT parent that PT 2021 also got a 2020 AA Express North midfielder who reclassified.
And a 2020 PT Defenseman who also reclassified. 2021 is 9th grade, so it's not surprising and I'm sure there are a few more.

Um - no. 2021 is 8th grade!
yes as of now you are correct, but these were Summer tryouts for next year when the reclasses take effect. Our 2020 team went through it last year.

Anyone have some idea how many 2021 Primetime kids are now holdbacks/reclassed/overage? The adults in the room should be embarrassed. Exploiting kids for money, that's all it is. Funny thing is there doesn't seem to be a stigma attached to the kid who is "leftback". Maybe our overly politically correct society is to blame. Kids aren't shamed.

You are pathetic! Exploiting kids for money? Do you realize how many kids actually get money for college just for lacrosse?? Hardly anyone. AND...most private schools strongly encourage kids to repeat when going to their school for developmental purposes which has nothing to do with sports. Maybe you don't know how private schools work. Stop being jealous, if you kid isn't good enough to play with kids a year older then he probably just isn't good enough to get recruited or play at a high level, there are plenty of other teams for you. Go out and have fun. So tired of listening to all the whining about hold backs, re classed kids etc

George Carlin: "What kind of empty people need to validate themselves through the achievements of their children"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are pathetic! Exploiting kids for money? Do you realize how many kids actually get money for college just for lacrosse?? Hardly anyone. AND...most private schools strongly encourage kids to repeat when going to their school for developmental purposes which has nothing to do with sports. Maybe you don't know how private schools work. Stop being jealous, if you kid isn't good enough to play with kids a year older then he probably just isn't good enough to get recruited or play at a high level, there are plenty of other teams for you. Go out and have fun. So tired of listening to all the whining about hold backs, re classed kids etc [/quote]

George Carlin: "What kind of empty people need to validate themselves through the achievements of their children"[/quote]

Well said. This is all driven by the parents. Yeah, I get the days of riding your bike to practice on your own are gone. And so are the days of just playing in someone's backyard but we are at the point we parents are overly engaged. I hear stories of parents taking their kid to the field and standing over them while they practice. Parents who live right near the team's practice field don't drop their kid off. They sit and watch for 2 hours and have social time with the other nutty parents who can't leave and they chatter about the "weak players" on the team. So pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

George Carlin: "What kind of empty people need to validate themselves through the achievements of their children"[/quote]

Well said. This is all driven by the parents. Yeah, I get the days of riding your bike to practice on your own are gone. And so are the days of just playing in someone's backyard but we are at the point we parents are overly engaged. I hear stories of parents taking their kid to the field and standing over them while they practice. Parents who live right near the team's practice field don't drop their kid off. They sit and watch for 2 hours and have social time with the other nutty parents who can't leave and they chatter about the "weak players" on the team. So pathetic. [/quote]

Advice for parents: please don't tell me weekly how hard little Johnny worked on his game, please don't coach Little Johnny at water breaks during practice, please don't call out to players during games-cheer, do not instruct, try not to call out your sons name every time he touches the ball (its a team sport), try not to throw a sideline party when your son does something good and remain stoic the rest of the game (everyone notices and you really look like a jerk, team sport), congratulate the team on their effort after every game, please don't huddle up with your son for 30 minutes after each game at tournaments, let him spend time with teammates. Enjoy the games and cheer for the team, everyone will have a better experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please change the name of this thread to " Westchester Youth Lacrosse - complain about Cheats, holdbacks, etc" That is what almost every post discusses. How about we talk about Westchester Youth Lacrosse...please

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please change the name of this thread to " Westchester Youth Lacrosse - complain about Cheats, holdbacks, etc" That is what almost every post discusses. How about we talk about Westchester Youth Lacrosse...please
Hahaha, since this post,... nothing. I guess the reclassify epidemic really is stifling anything positive in Westchester lax. Should start talking about the best B teams then. (I actually think the Predators are the best team out there without the 'holdback' stigma hanging over them, but they don't seem to play in the big events)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree 19 and 20 preds are the best team by far in the west/ct area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Umm, ok. Don't know about the 20's but for '19s they played a B schedule (sorry, "single A") last summer and still went maybe .500 I would bet. Beating 3 knights as your only win one weekend at a second tier tourney makes a hard argument that the team can beat the best ct/west teams like ExpN, eclipse, PT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 Preds were 17-2-1 won two tourneys and went undefeated in a Baltimore showcase this summer. Didn't play the top top, but beat some LI teams, some NJ teams, and played a lot of the non-crush/Baltimore 2020 commits--3d San Diego, BBL, fl$, Iron Horse, GA Thunder. Did better than PT in the tourney's they both played in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
20 Preds were 17-2-1 won two tourneys and went undefeated in a Baltimore showcase this summer. Didn't play the top top, but beat some LI teams, some NJ teams, and played a lot of the non-crush/Baltimore 2020 commits--3d San Diego, BBL, fl$, Iron Horse, GA Thunder. Did better than PT in the tourney's they both played in.
I think everybody did better than PT in the tournaments they played in.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

19 Preds not close to North or PT...not at Eclipse level either

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard PT is picking up Trump if he loses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did Eclipse lose their big athletic 2019 middie to Express N?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There was a 2020 middie who left Eclipse for Express N, but do not think anyone from 2019.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What do the varsity programs do for winter lacrosse? I understand it can't be organized by varsity staff but I'm told some are informally organized to play in leagues together? Seems like a good idea.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, he is now playing for Express North, kid is a beast.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he a holdback? LOL

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he a holdback? LOL

Pretty sure no eclipse 2019 middies moved to PT......or to anywhere else actually.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is he a holdback? LOL

Pretty sure no eclipse 2019 middies moved to PT......or to anywhere else actually.

Not that you're aware of. Someone pointed him out to me at practice last Sunday. Big kid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am new to this thread and probably naive. Who determines if a team is AA or A, etc. and is there a set criteria? My son plays for CT Chargers 2023 blue. Chargers don't separate Blue and gold teams by Aa or A. You can watch the teams and tell quickly which one is the better(blue). Tnsk in advance for the advice.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
it really comes down to how the organization positions you in terms of tourneys and brackets - if the director places you in the best tourneys in the top brackets

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. This is all driven by the parents. Yeah, I get the days of riding your bike to practice on your own are gone. And so are the days of just playing in someone's backyard but we are at the point we parents are overly engaged. I hear stories of parents taking their kid to the field and standing over them while they practice. Parents who live right near the team's practice field don't drop their kid off. They sit and watch for 2 hours and have social time with the other nutty parents who can't leave and they chatter about the "weak players" on the team. So pathetic. [/quote]

My neighbor was offered money to have his son play lacrosse in his yard with this nut jobs son. This was because his son is a very good player but the kids are not friends, although same age, he said no. So now we are paying people to play with our kids because they are good lacrosse players. I will nominate this for Pathetic Parent of the Week award.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to the EX North program... They seem extremely unorganized with the information and team details. No reply to emails.
Did people have a good experience with them in the past?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber is a great coach, kids are clearly getting seen by colleges , but organizationally , he is the last to post his details etc, he gets it done, you just need patience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New to the EX North program... They seem extremely unorganized with the information and team details. No reply to emails.
Did people have a good experience with them in the past?

You take the good with the bad. You get some really good coaching, the indoor training could be greatly improved, communication gets a fail. Is your son with Ex North for the coaching and training or the opportunity for college exposure?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Schreiber is a great coach, kids are clearly getting seen by colleges , but organizationally , he is the last to post his details etc, he gets it done, you just need patience

While true, Express "South" on LI isnt much better - probably not helped by trying to figure out how many teams they can get into all the "elite" events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line is Schreiber gets it together in more than enough time and runs a great program

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While true, Express "South" on LI isnt much better - probably not helped by trying to figure out how many teams they can get into all the "elite" events.

Thats the problem. between 2 Li teams 2 north 1 CT and a DC team or 2 all in the same class you just cant get them all in to the elite tournaments. PT and Predators are both going to much better events this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
look at tri state x1 in purchase they basically just fill spots on the paren't companies B tourneys - they don't even try and get into the good tourneys I just don't see how that program will ever grow without the allure of top tourneys in top brackets - even the higher classes don't go to the show case tourneys

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predators will not be at any of the events for 2019 where PT, Express North or Express LI will be.

Express CT, DC are not the same level as North or LI - same as team (88+3) outside of LI, is not overly competitive nor do they play in the same events as Orange does. Every program has its top team or two. (88+3), Madlax, Laxachussetts, Express...

Thats the problem. between 2 Li teams 2 north 1 CT and a DC team or 2 all in the same class you just cant get them all in to the elite tournaments. PT and Predators are both going to much better events this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express L.I. program will always receive preferential treatment. The big profits must come from them with their bloated rosters so they will receive the choicest tournament slots and showcase invites. Its just good business. Plus, its where it all began.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me opinions about RevWestchester 2012 team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can anyone give me opinions about RevWestchester 2012 team?

Who? What year?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Express L.I. program will always receive preferential treatment. The big profits must come from them with their bloated rosters so they will receive the choicest tournament slots and showcase invites. Its just good business. Plus, its where it all began.

What are the best showcases to attend? Are the best showcases invite only? What programs get their kids into these showcases?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
bottom line is Schreiber gets it together in more than enough time and runs a great program

Not really a ringing endorsement. I don't want the person that I'm handing $5-6k to coach and teach my son to "get it together in time".

These programs should be highly organized, not carry 25 players on each team, develop the players and be very active in getting these kids recruited. That's the sales pitch I was told and we should hold them accountable.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I THINK SCHREIBER GETS IT DONE - just look at the amount of express north kids on the recruiting lists

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not really a ringing endorsement. I don't want the person that I'm handing $5-6k to coach and teach my son to "get it together in time".

These programs should be highly organized, not carry 25 players on each team, develop the players and be very active in getting these kids recruited. That's the sales pitch I was told and we should hold them accountable.

"Sales Pitch" Is exactly what it is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express on LI carries bloated rosters - 30+
Express North, both the 18s and 19s, are small rosters, barely 20 each. That is in fact the "sales pitch" - "your kid will play because we dont have 30 players."

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
prime time rosters can be 24 kids that seems high if your wanting to get exposure , I would rather pay extra and get the time

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express on LI carries bloated rosters - 30+
Express North, both the 18s and 19s, are small rosters, barely 20 each. That is in fact the "sales pitch" - "your kid will play because we dont have 30 players."

These are businesses, everything you are told is a sales pitch. Question is, do you get what you were sold? Are kids developing their skills? Are they having fun? College exposure?

Like Reply Quote
Page 24 of 97 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard