BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,559
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 58 of 86 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 85 86
Re: MadLax Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Trig was a wee bit irresponsible at a practice and 3 or 4 kids had to be taken to hospital for heat stroke. Trip was too busy making men out of the boys to bother given them water breaks.

OK Trig. Keep justifying it.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Trig was a wee bit irresponsible at a practice and 3 or 4 kids had to be taken to hospital for heat stroke. Trip was too busy making men out of the boys to bother given them water breaks.

I feel a little hypocritical trashing Trig for his over the top behavior. But after watching people trash the Madlax owner all these last 4 years over emails and mean talk. Its nice to let the wolves turn on a guy equally or worse then Cabel. This guy turned his words into real harm on a child, I mean three children.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Madlax holding supplemental tryouts for all of the BW refugees?

Why would players from BW consider going to Madlax? Reason players are at BW is because they wouldn't consider playing for Cabell or have already been thru the Madlax ringer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Madlax holding supplemental tryouts for all of the BW refugees?

Why would players from BW consider going to Madlax? Reason players are at BW is because they wouldn't consider playing for Cabell or have already been thru the Madlax ringer.

Maybe because Cabell has never tried to kill anyone???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So he didn't give a water break after the first kid went to the hospital? and not after second? Then there were 1 or 2 more and still no water? Or did they all go together? Was a life flight necessary?

This cannot be true. If it is, where are the police?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I feel a little hypocritical trashing Trig for his over the top behavior. But after watching people trash the Madlax owner all these last 4 years over emails and mean talk. Its nice to let the wolves turn on a guy equally or worse then Cabel. This guy turned his words into real harm on a child, I mean three children.

How is it trashing when it was the guy's OWN WORDS and ACTIONS? Not justifying anyone going to the hospital, but I have no idea how much (if any) blame Trig gets for this. Most clubs tell kids to bring their own water. It's one thing if Trig denied his kids water breaks or prevented them from drinking. But we don't know what happened.

I do know that the Deadspin email family was threatened, the owner insinuated that his former teammates were going to hurt him physically, etc.

Nobody is making up stories. That guy has done it to dozens of families. Amazing that you keep defending it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How is it trashing when it was the guy's OWN WORDS and ACTIONS? Not justifying anyone going to the hospital, but I have no idea how much (if any) blame Trig gets for this. Most clubs tell kids to bring their own water. It's one thing if Trig denied his kids water breaks or prevented them from drinking. But we don't know what happened.

I do know that the Deadspin email family was threatened, the owner insinuated that his former teammates were going to hurt him physically, etc.

Nobody is making up stories. That guy has done it to dozens of families. Amazing that you keep defending it.

I am not defending the email as a good thing. But it was a word fight with a pr$ck of a dad. And he never sent the kids after him in a game. Yes he said it, he was fighting mad at a adult but once again nothing happened in real life. Trig for 100% sure was coaching a group of kids and 3 of them had to leave for heat issues. I know this for a fact. He is known for his harsh treatment of his players. No one who has seen him practice is shocked he pushed kids to a point that 3 had to leave in ambulances. He is a nut job. Does Cabel yell yes but I have never heard him call a kid a [lacrosse] or you suck to the kids face. He just removes a kid from the game and says who did this wrong or do not do blank again. I have seen and heard Trig call kids names and tons of extra verbal jabs to go along with what the kid did wrong. I have talked to 10 or more BW parents who will back this fact up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am curious what the parents/kids on Blackwolf think of this development. I've read some damning things on other forums on how Trig handled the whole situation. I don't know the man personally, so who knows what the truth is other then he is out at SjC. Perhaps he focuses on BW, or perhaps he throws the towel and focuses on family (as some folks have said was the main reason he 'resigned').

From a pure lax standpoint (which many, many of you parents on this board view life through) you can't argue with his college placement record. He got kids into D1 programs. At what cost, who really knows. I know most kids wanted to play for BW simply because of the mystique ... I think that veneer has been lost.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he out at ST JOHNS? Or us that made up?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny to see the 1-2 crazy Madlax dads foaming at the mouth at the possibility that the BW guy takes the #1 "most hated" position away from the Madlax owner.

Sorry, but it doesn't sound like he's overtaking him any time soon.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the Madlax guy is a Trump supporter?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is he out at ST JOHNS? Or us that made up?

He was fired on 10/2.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the one BW practice?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the one BW practice?

No from a SJ high school practice. And for being crazy!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
For the one BW practice?

No. It was an on campus SJC practice. And once again, the practice is one of many reasons he was fired. The practice is just what brought everything out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Madlax 2020 and 2021 teams stack up regionally? Sons teams are going to be playing them this fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Those are 2 of the weaker years for Madlax. 2018,2019,2022,2024 are all top to really good. So if your clubs wins you can say you are above avg. for the region. If you beat the other years you can say you are top 10 for the region. Give or take.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How did Madlax do at the UMD playday?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not there.

That is not true I see a Picture of the complete team in uniform at UMD from this weekend. And it says what a great day at UMD playday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone here played in the Capital Box Lacrosse League or played with the Madlax North Stars team?

Son wants to play box, but plays for another club. I know North Stars is open to all, but I assume 99% of the kids are all Madlax kids? What is the quality of play and coaching?

The price is pretty steep -- wondering if it is worth it or not. He could simply be a free agent in the CBLL, which would be considerably cheaper ($195 vs. $1295). Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I saw there was favoritism for Madlax year-around players in the box league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hear a town team from new jersey beat them at umd. Not sure what town.s

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2021 lost to Leading Edge by 1 goal and lost to Manhasset by 2 goals at U. Md. play day. Both games were very close and could have gone either way. Manhasset beat Leading Edge by 4 or 5 goals. Was close but Manhasset scored a bunch at the end.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Translation: Madlax lost every game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does the Madlax 2020 and 2021 teams stack up regionally? Sons teams are going to be playing them this fall.

Madlax 2020 is the better of the DMV teams but has never beaten any of the Elite Hoco teams including NL2020 even with a national team this summer. Heard they lost a few top players to BW but gained a few from Episcopal's incoming freshman.
Madlax 2021 is not very good and gets owned by Bethesda (now DC Express).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Madlax 2020 is the better of the DMV teams but has never beaten any of the Elite Hoco teams including NL2020 even with a national team this summer. Heard they lost a few top players to BW but gained a few from Episcopal's incoming freshman.
Madlax 2021 is not very good and gets owned by Bethesda (now DC Express).

No, Madlax 2020 is one of the worst DMV teams. Next Level 2020 is the best in the DMV, followed by VLC 2020. Madlax was pretty marginal and then lost a ton of kids to BW, who should have a respectable 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many teams would you say play in the DMV please list them I would say 15 at the least. So you are trying to say Madlax 2020 is the worst of these 15 teams. This is just not true. Even if you rank them 7th of these 15 they would be avg. not the worst. So my point being your jaded view and hatred of the Madlax club is very clear in your ranking of the teams skill.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In the DMV region there are only 5 legit lax 2020 "travel" teams:
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

Madlax isn't the worst and until VLC or BW beats them I'd consider Madlax 2020 better until proven on the field.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has anyone here played in the Capital Box Lacrosse League or played with the Madlax North Stars team?

Son wants to play box, but plays for another club. I know North Stars is open to all, but I assume 99% of the kids are all Madlax kids? What is the quality of play and coaching?

The price is pretty steep -- wondering if it is worth it or not. He could simply be a free agent in the CBLL, which would be considerably cheaper ($195 vs. $1295). Thanks.

We don't play for Madlax, did the CBLL and didn't think it was worth it in the end. The rosters in the CBLL are huge, so playing time is very stretched for everyone. But yes, they have huge partisanship for the Madlax kids. The problem is the CBLL has a variety spectrum of abilities, so you have a lot of kids who really can't play. So that affects the ability to learn and play the box game when you some guys who can't catch and throw.

The North Stars thing is a huge amount of money. We didn't do it, but have Madlax friends who have. You get some cool swag, but it's basically a lot of money for some gear, practices and a couple tournaments. The Madlax teams haven't done very well because they go to serious box tournaments with teams who have kids who are very experienced in the game. Almost all the kids down here really don't have that much exposure and think it's the same game and it's not. So Madlax gets pounded.

I would have him play with his buddies wherever they are playing. We are going to stop playing indoor and just let him have fun playing basketball. I think it's too much lax to begin with from spring to fall.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

Madlax isn't the worst and until VLC or BW beats them I'd consider Madlax 2020 better until proven on the field.

How can you include a Baltimore based team like Crabs but not include FCA or Looneys who would beat every other team on your list?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In the DMV region there are only 5 legit lax 2020 "travel" teams:
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

Madlax isn't the worst and until VLC or BW beats them I'd consider Madlax 2020 better until proven on the field. [/quote

Man you just hurt a lot of peoples feelings with your list of DMV travel teams that are legit. I do agree with the list in that they are the only real choices for the DMV. But we will never be able to rank them tell the end of fall then the end of summer. Maybe we can have a thread started just to track the W/L records of these 6 teams that would help a ton with these rankings we all like to do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

I was referring to between NL, VLC, BW and Madlax. NL is the best. Personnel wise, both BW and VLC have better rosters, especially after Madlax lost several kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

I was referring to between NL, VLC, BW and Madlax. NL is the best. Personnel wise, both BW and VLC have better rosters, especially after Madlax lost several kids.

How could you know the roster of BW the kids on the team do not know the roster of any BW team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NL lose anyone to BW, Madlax or VLC or are they basically the same team as last summer? They got pretty good.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did NL lose anyone to BW, Madlax or VLC or are they basically the same team as last summer? They got pretty good.

NL lost one player to BW. Gained a pole from Crabs. All in all the same team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

How could you know the roster of BW the kids on the team do not know the roster of any BW team?

Because my son knows who is on the team. Definitely better than Madlax's team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2021 lost to Leading Edge by 1 goal and lost to Manhasset by 2 goals at U. Md. play day.

That is embarrassing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]In the DMV region there are only 5 legit lax 2020 "travel" teams:
NL
VLC
BW
Madlax
DC Express
Crabs

Madlax isn't the worst and until VLC or BW beats them I'd consider Madlax 2020 better until proven on the field. [/quote

Man you just hurt a lot of peoples feelings with your list of DMV travel teams that are legit. I do agree with the list in that they are the only real choices for the DMV. But we will never be able to rank them tell the end of fall then the end of summer. Maybe we can have a thread started just to track the W/L records of these 6 teams that would help a ton with these rankings we all like to do.

We can definately rank the teams as they haven't changed that much. I heard the same talk last year about Madlax/VLC and neither beat a top program including the Crabs/NL. Crabs and NL will be close(r) this year. All the other DMV teams are not Elite HOCO level and have never beaten either Crabs or NL. Most of the players on #2 thru #6 are players who couldn't make the Crabs/NL and or if they did were 2nd/3rd line players.
There just aren't any "new" unknown players in the DMV. They already play for their respective teams and are not leaving. The only new players could be from Episcopal on Madlax. Madlax and DC Express can also pull from other programs nationally for tournaments. I would expect DC Express(via LIE affiliation) to do this to have any chance to compete.

1. Crabs
2. NL
3. Madlax
4. BW
5. VLC
6. DC Express

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are an idiot. You're posting when you don't even know the kids on various teams. VLC and BW definitely above Madlax.

Crabs are not a DMV team.

DC Express well below the rest of these teams.

Like Reply Quote
Page 58 of 86 1 2 56 57 58 59 60 85 86
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard