BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 4 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 6 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top Gun results at Lax Inception (Maryland) - interestingly, the Top Guns were not placed in any of the same brackets as the Yellow Jackets teams at the tournament.

2013 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 42GF, 28GA, Fourth

2014 Black : 3W-0L-0T, 48GF, 17GA, Still Playing
2014 Purple: 2W-0L-1T, 35GF, 11GA, Still Playing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Go Top Guns

2013 Black : 2W-1L-1T, 42GF, 28GA,

2014 Black : 4W-0L-0T, 68GF, 17GA,
2014 Purple: 3W-0L-1T, 45GF, 14GA,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Top Guns 2014 Black team put down scores of 16-6, 18-4 (over T3 Lacrosse), 14-7 and 20-0 (over Future Elite). Seriously with those scores? Wrong bracket placement?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The Top Guns 2014 Black team put down scores of 16-6, 18-4 (over T3 Lacrosse), 14-7 and 20-0 (over Future Elite). Seriously with those scores? Wrong bracket placement?

Really that’s all you got? What can one say, the team is good. Must be the coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really that’s all you got? What can one say, the team is good. Must be the coaching.

They were in the B bracket. The team might be good, but I am sure even the parents on that team were not happy with the competition. The teams were awful.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect...2016 won the championship in OT. Daughter on the team. Thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are right...2016 won. Was there and it was great!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You hit the nail on the head!!! Your YJ (not all, but some) parental philosophy is to think your daughter will earn such honors and play D1 lax and get a "full ride" even if thats not what she is meant to do. You will feel better about YOURSELF as you drive to the tournaments in your Escalade filled with your chardonnay and finger foods saying...My daughter plays for the YJ Fuscia colored team and she WILL go to Hopkins even if she wants to go to Dowling cause thats what I want. SAD really! Let the kids be kids and keep your personal regrets to yourself and stop broadcasting them onto your young impressionable girls. Enjoy the club you are a part of and watch these girls from different clubs hugging each other after the games as the parents finger point and bicker. Quite amusing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You BOTC for doing the research on the Top Guns program. The visceral thoughts that were flying from the Yellow Jacket consortium made it difficult to understand the true argument. Having a daughter in another program and looking for an alternative led me here. After reading all the posts and especially yours, coupled with some personal research the choice is clear. Look forward to hopefully joining Top Guns next year!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thank You BOTC for doing the research on the Top Guns program. The visceral thoughts that were flying from the Yellow Jacket consortium made it difficult to understand the true argument. Having a daughter in another program and looking for an alternative led me here. After reading all the posts and especially yours, coupled with some personal research the choice is clear. Look forward to hopefully joining Top Guns next year!!!

Bring on National Draw!

I predict a sweep in all age groups

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Same here! Anyone have any idea when the next tryouts for the 2011-2012 season are? Or when the tryouts were for this season, just to get a timeframe when the next tryouts will be held!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like YJ parents are a bit nervous about what is going on with Topguns.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj parents are nervous because some LI teams are coming close to beating them. YJ teams aren't as strong as they were in the past.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yj parents are nervous because some LI teams are coming close to beating them. YJ teams aren't as strong as they were in the past.

Really you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. The past 2 tourneys you played terrible teams in B or lower divisions. When you win in every age group this weekend at National Draw including beating every YJ age group then you can come on here and Brag. No whining about missing players or bad ref calls. Get to and win the finals in EVERY age group. Looking forward to the results on Saturday & Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really you guys are getting a little ahead of yourselves. The past 2 tourneys you played terrible teams in B or lower divisions. When you win in every age group this weekend at National Draw including beating every YJ age group then you can come on here and Brag. No whining about missing players or bad ref calls. Get to and win the finals in EVERY age group. Looking forward to the results on Saturday & Sunday.

Yeah Top Guns are totally different than YJ. There is no favoritism, oh wait, if you are from Babylon or West Babylon there might be a little....Um there are no parent coaches who let their kid play the whole game....oh wait yeah there is that....there are no screaming parents who are plain crazy....uh oh, wait yep there are a few that are certifiable. Wait, there must be some difference. Hmm. well if we get more players we can create multiple teams like 3 or 4 in every age group then we would be different! No Wait, we would be just like those darn YJ teams. Wow, this is tough.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey Top Guns parents were smarter than this; after all we went to Top Guns. Keep it clean and show respect. I will admit the girls are playing really good but these are our kids and after all it about the fun and a good clean game plus the BBQ. Enjoy and see you this weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are you talking about?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topdogs???? who mentioned topdogs? Yj have close games with all LI teams now. YJ girls are leaving for other clubs, most are not happy there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
topdogs???? who mentioned topdogs? Yj have close games with all LI teams now. YJ girls are leaving for other clubs, most are not happy there.

Another blanket statement! How do you know? Have you spoken with over 300 kids to see if they are happy? I don't hear too much complaining!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Another blanket statement! How do you know? Have you spoken with over 300 kids to see if they are happy? I don't hear too much complaining!

Thanks for the input Carole!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

Thanks for the input Carole!
BOTC is in constant contact with the Yellow Jackets organization and we can tell you that aside from being a key advertising partner, the organization does not post. So, care to guess again?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
funny thing is that there are many girls across all of these clubs that have friends on clubs other than their own. These crazy parents (losers trying to relive the success they never had through their children) that drum up all of this ill will. Sad. Let them play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah right.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yeah right

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke, the 2017 Top Guns got their butts kicked by a regular town team, Middle Country, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
and YJ had something to do with that , I'm sure

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yellowjackets make up schedule?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow you people are just way over the top why doesn't everyone just enjoy their teams and enjoy good lacrosse and the games well... they will speak for themselves and yes I am a Top Gun parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What a joke, the 2017 Top Guns got their butts kicked by a regular town team, Middle Country, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha.

When did Middle Country play Top Gun??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wow you people are just way over the top why doesn't everyone just enjoy their teams and enjoy good lacrosse and the games well... they will speak for themselves and yes I am a Top Gun parent

Agreed!!! It’s getting out of hand. Please let’s enjoy the game.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few weeks ago in a tournament.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
a few weeks ago in a tournament.

Any given day any team can usually beat a team or be beaten. Sometimes town teams can be stronger than even a club team because these girls have been playing together for years. You have to remember that top guns is a new organization and these girls have not been playing together for very long. I say competition is great. The next time these teams meet maybe the reverse will happen!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am a top guns PLAYER, and i think this rivalry between parents is ridiculous. All that matters is what team your happy on. I your happy on Yellow Jackets, so be it. If your happy on Top Guns, so be it. Some of my best friends play on Yellow Jackets, and most players look at it as friendly competition. Why is there need for arguments like this? A 2017 team? they are in 6th grade. I'm not even an adult and i understand this is outrageous. Instead of arguing, why can't everyone just enjoy the game? as a player, and i speak for all tournament players when it comes to this, why can't we just play, leave it on the field, and that's it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ parent mentality is different than all others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am a top guns PLAYER, and i think this rivalry between parents is ridiculous. All that matters is what team your happy on. I your happy on Yellow Jackets, so be it. If your happy on Top Guns, so be it. Some of my best friends play on Yellow Jackets, and most players look at it as friendly competition. Why is there need for arguments like this? A 2017 team? they are in 6th grade. I'm not even an adult and i understand this is outrageous. Instead of arguing, why can't everyone just enjoy the game? as a player, and i speak for all tournament players when it comes to this, why can't we just play, leave it on the field, and that's it?

Actually a top gun player started talking trash talk the other day towards a yellow jacket player that she is actually friendly with. Right out of the blue. So if you think rivalry is just between parents or is just one sided yj against top gun, then you are wrong. It does happen. Trust me girls can be very nasty to each other. Probably worse than boys!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually a top gun player started talking trash talk the other day towards a yellow jacket player that she is actually friendly with. Right out of the blue. So if you think rivalry is just between parents or is just one sided yj against top gun, then you are wrong. It does happen. Trust me girls can be very nasty to each other. Probably worse than boys!!
If you ever went on Back of the Net you would see the same thing. If you take what is said seriously on this type of forum then you need to chill out a little.

Last edited by CageSage; . Reason: Format of the Quotes Corrected
Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
top guns getting a lot of run from YJ parents and players, must be something to that. are you scared of something?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ15 blue beat your TG15 black... What happened? not even a goal

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any teams need a player or guest player? A 2014 middie is looking for a team. Any suggestions?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Any teams need a player or guest player? A 2014 middie is looking for a team. Any suggestions?
Please be sure to post the details on our Tryouts Board.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 220 1 2 3 4 5 6 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard