BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Gladiators Tryouts - September 29th, 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Gladiators Tryouts - September 2012

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Gladiators Tryouts - September 29th, 2012
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great package for the 2017 team. Saw them play at Hershey - quality team. Do they have a 2018 team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have a 2017 and 2019 program. They will be having tryouts on September 29th at Stonybrook.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen gladiator 2017 play at several tourneys and they are a good team. It seems on and off the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We have played against them and they play at the highest level. Well run program with excellent coaching. Their 2017 package is excellent compared to some of the other programs. They are having open tryouts on September 29th according to their website.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are present Gladiator players required to tryout or are they looking to fill a few open roster spots?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Roster spots.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I heard they are looking for (4) middies and (1) defensemen....those are the roster spots

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i HEAR GOALIE AND ATTACK AS WELL.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What roster spots is the 2019 looking to fill?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
many

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All of them! They lost 75% of the team to one of the dads going off to build his own team...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What team is the new team and what town are going with him?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
All of them! They lost 75% of the team to one of the dads going off to build his own team...

Thats the 2019 team, right??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
does anyone know where the 2017 team practices?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AS far as we know the 2017 team practices in the Smithtown area.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Gladiators have only 2017 and 2019 teams? No 2016?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once and for all, the 2010 Gladiator team broke up because of poor coaching not because of any other dads. I heard all the other parents say they were happy how well the boys play together but weren't getting the proper coaching. My son was on the team and everyone left because we disagreed with the head coach. I wont bash him because it isn't in my nature, but I would not recommend playing for him. That being said, my guess would be that they now need to fill all roster spots on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Once and for all, the 2010 Gladiator team broke up because of poor coaching not because of any other dads. I heard all the other parents say they were happy how well the boys play together but weren't getting the proper coaching. My son was on the team and everyone left because we disagreed with the head coach. I wont bash him because it isn't in my nature, but I would not recommend playing for him. That being said, my guess would be that they now need to fill all roster spots on the team.

I guess you meant 2019, not 2010?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. 2019.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. 2019.

Word is they are looking for new head coach too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very funny.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have 2 solid goalies already. Doubt they are looking to carry 3.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea what the 2017 Team is looking for? Have a few kids interested but they want to stay together. Any input would be appreciated.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any idea what the 2017 Team is looking for? Have a few kids interested but they want to stay together. Any input would be appreciated.

"they want to stay together"? This is travel lacrosse not PAL!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

looking at all positions

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Open tryouts on Saturday September 29th at Stonybrook University.All present 2017 Gladiators are required to try out. They are looking at kids in all positions. That is correct, this is a travel team and not PAL, thanks for pointing that out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? So many teams are formed by groups of kids and common coach from a town. Every organization has several teams formed this way. There are no fully open tryouts. Isn't this how Gladiators started.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well ok, there are three kids that happen to be very good players who come from the same town who play different positions. They would like to try out for the same travel team and if they all make it play on the same team. I think its universally accepted that it is not pal, so no youre not smarter than every one else. Dont be in such a rush to be clever, cause youre not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Are you serious? So many teams are formed by groups of kids and common coach from a town. Every organization has several teams formed this way. There are no fully open tryouts. Isn't this how Gladiators started.

Exactly how they started. Most of the kids are Smithtown kids, with some Ward Melville kids in there as well. I believe the Head coach used to be the Smithtown PAL coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well ok, there are three kids that happen to be very good players who come from the same town who play different positions. They would like to try out for the same travel team and if they all make it play on the same team. I think its universally accepted that it is not pal, so no youre not smarter than every one else. Dont be in such a rush to be clever, cause youre not.

Just a little clever;)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does a team that won 5 tournaments have open tryouts? Yes, they lost a few kids, but doesn't it make sense to replace those that were lost? It obviously wasn't just those kids that left that made them succesful. What about the rest of the team that worked hard all your? Those kids get tossed to the side after looking at some new prospects for 1-2 hours at a tryout.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last thing any team needs is three friends who only look to pass to each other!

Whatever team they make, hopefully the coach is paying enough attention to bust-up that clique and rotate them in at different times. If he doesn't, then my advice is for the parents to point out to all three boys that their teammates will quickly recognize if they only look for each other ... and then they'll never see the ball unless it is coming from one of their buddies.

I've experienced this on another club team, and it ruined the chemistry and the team suffered as a result.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does a team that won 5 tournaments have open tryouts? Yes, they lost a few kids, but doesn't it make sense to replace those that were lost? It obviously wasn't just those kids that left that made them succesful. What about the rest of the team that worked hard all your? Those kids get tossed to the side after looking at some new prospects for 1-2 hours at a tryout.

IDK, ask 91 and Express the same question.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The last thing any team needs is three friends who only look to pass to each other!

Whatever team they make, hopefully the coach is paying enough attention to bust-up that clique and rotate them in at different times. If he doesn't, then my advice is for the parents to point out to all three boys that their teammates will quickly recognize if they only look for each other ... and then they'll never see the ball unless it is coming from one of their buddies.

I've experienced this on another club team, and it ruined the chemistry and the team suffered as a result.

umm if you had actually read the post you would see the kids all play different positions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha -- do midfield and attack pass to each other in this game? I heard that happens from time to time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ha -- do midfield and attack pass to each other in this game? I heard that happens from time to time.

not on 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It happens to be a goalie, a pole and an attackman. I guess well have to worry about the goalie just passing to his friend on defense.........

So I guess you are assuming that your coaches are not capable of coaching three kids from the same town? The whole Gladiators team is made up of Smithtown and Ward Melville kids. If adding three kids from the same town is a concern, maybe you should look at hiring different coaches who will be able to control these ballhogs........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2017 Gladiators will be having tryouts on Saturday at 2 pm at Stonybrook rain or shine. Please either show up 1/2 an hour before the 2 pm tryout or pre register on the website to make it easier for everyone involved. We will have many independent evaluators to make this tryout run smoothly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The team is not just smithtown and ward melville kids. They added a defenseman from Hills and one of there goalies from this past season was from Northport

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard