BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
Girls 2025 - 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Girls 2025 - 4th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How are the Liberty?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How are the Liberty?

No one knows. First year for this age group and tryouts haven't happened yet.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I attended 2025 tryouts for two teams on Saturday & Tuesday. Both had impressive setups with flags, tents, and general aurora of professional organizations who are trying to justify their lofty fees, but one did a much better job in my opinion evaluating players and essentially selling themselves.

The program that identifies itself with letters ran creative age appropriate drills which were interactive and fun for the girls and allowed everyone to get multiple touches to show their strengths and developmental opportunities. They took teaching moments where appropriate and overall I was impressed with the level of energy at the event.

The Team that identifies itself with numbers ran more standard drills and scrimmages which were plagued with girls being partnered with players of varying skills levels and the common theme at every level or program of girls only passing to the friends/town teammates. The college aged (maybe HS?) “coaches” were sitting on the ground talking amongst themselves in a circle rather than participating in the workouts/evaluations. Not here to bash this particular team at all, as my daughter attended some of their events this past year and I was always impressed with their approach and attention to the kids. It was also very hot that day so who knows.

That all said based on simple math and economics no one is being turned away from either program, but it was an interesting observation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well dont be fooled by the tryout. Many kids/parents were not at all happy with as you called it the 'letters program" and left this past year. The 2023 team was stuck with spring practices all during the same times as their PAL games. (Sunday Mornings), and when asked to please rectify the issue, the parents were told sorry this is when the practices are going to be and we cant change them. Never once was one of those 6-8 practices run with more than 5 kids. They only cared about filling their practice quota and justifying their fees. I wont get into any other issues there, but I learned my lesson the hard way when I realized it was really for the love of the 'green' not the game! The tryouts are the pinnacle there, trust me.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Spallina really really show up at all practices and tournaments..I'm hearing mixed reviews? We have a 2025 child

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Spallina really really show up at all practices and tournaments..I'm hearing mixed reviews? We have a 2025 child

No. 1 or 2 practices but he was coaching his sons team at other end of the field. Only shows up to one game of one tournament. Very little coaching taking place. Different coaches at different practices and tournaments. Goalie and spallina's daughter allowed to Show up when convenient. YJ came 2nd to their 91 team so they were no shows to a lot of practices and tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No. 1 or 2 practices but he was coaching his sons team at other end of the field. Only shows up to one game of one tournament. Very little coaching taking place. Different coaches at different practices and tournaments. Goalie and spallina's daughter allowed to Show up when convenient. YJ came 2nd to their 91 team so they were no shows to a lot of practices and tourneys.

Spallina isn't going to have any interest in this team until the talent improves. He's not going to bother with kids who can't catch - which is half the team. He ran the first practice and saw what he needed to see.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any update on the Liberty 2025 team ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the evaluators may have a difficult time finding the diamonds in the rough for their '25 YJ team last night. SO MANY girls and such a small space. Seemed to me they were content to just keep the two teams they have and collect fees from those coming over from other teams or simply trying to make the team for the first time. Fingers crossed but... like I said, crowded and small venue... Any other thoughts from anyone on the tryout?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think the evaluators may have a difficult time finding the diamonds in the rough for their '25 YJ team last night. SO MANY girls and such a small space. Seemed to me they were content to just keep the two teams they have and collect fees from those coming over from other teams or simply trying to make the team for the first time. Fingers crossed but... like I said, crowded and small venue... Any other thoughts from anyone on the tryout?

Fingers crossed? Why?
Why get into that mess...look for alternative programs that will teach and not play the politic game

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fingers crossed? Why?
Why get into that mess...look for alternative programs that will teach and not play the politic game

Diamonds in 4th grade? I have news for you some of those standouts will be left in the dust by the time they hit 7th grade. Go find a program with the best possible coaching and development opportunities. If in a few years if you have talent the top teams will find her and make room.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tried out and made igloo and liked the coaching but then they bait and switched and were combing 25/26 and practicing in western nassau not in Syosset. would've liked to have been there, maybe in the future. THAT is why fingers are crossed she makes the team so has a place to play this spring/summer. Any other suggestions are welcome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tried out and made igloo and liked the coaching but then they bait and switched and were combing 25/26 and practicing in western nassau not in Syosset. would've liked to have been there, maybe in the future. THAT is why fingers are crossed she makes the team so has a place to play this spring/summer. Any other suggestions are welcome.

They will make as many teams as possible based on the number that accept. She will definitely make a team. Whether it's money we'll spend will be another story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fingers crossed? Why?

Diamonds in 4th grade? I have news for you some of those standouts will be left in the dust by the time they hit 7th grade. Go find a program with the best possible coaching and development opportunities. If in a few years if you have talent the top teams will find her and make room.

Not true at all. Very little movement between teams even on YJ's. Also, 85% of the girls on the top team will stay there till 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having sons go through the process I agree with the above statement.

My daughter is a pretty good player... fine if she only makes yj B, hope for A, other teams held tryouts in summer so the is the last ship at port for this season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Doubt that. Half the Spallina team needs to be replaced. Steep talent drop off after the first half of the girls. Must not have been much to pick from last year moving the starting age to 3rd grade.

Fingers crossed? Why?

Not true at all. Very little movement between teams even on YJ's. Also, 85% of the girls on the top team will stay there till 2025.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fingers crossed? Why?

Sorry I disagree and is why some YJ teams are struggling. Reset coming and should have happened sooner.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2025 have good coaches A and B and will be taught the game I am sure. My friends daughter played with one of the coaches last year and was very happy!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Coaches?
What were the teams like last year?
these are the important questions......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who are the Coaches?
What were the teams like last year?
these are the important questions......

2023 B team beat the A team consistently. You never know. And don't count on JS doing much. He's spread too thin. Maybe in 4 years when his boys are committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Fingers crossed? Why?

Been through the the full tour a couple times and you have you numbers mixed up. About 85% of the first year players will not make it through to the end on the A team. If they change 4-5 players each year, which they definitely do, that's more than 15% change, every year! Your number doesn't even hold up for one year. Like I said, been down the road several times, you may see 4 to 8 kids standing from the original group by the time all is said and done. Someone mentioned in an earlier post that many of your superstar 4-5 graders disappear in a few years, very true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark my words. You're going to see a lot of movement of the Spallina team. He wasn't at tryouts last year and this year he was. That tells me at least that he wasn't pleased with the team he was handed by the Queen Bee.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mark my words. You're going to see a lot of movement of the Spallina team. He wasn't at tryouts last year and this year he was. That tells me at least that he wasn't pleased with the team he was handed by the Queen Bee.

That's a pretty big assumption. Maybe he was just busy that day and knew there wouldn't be many THIRD grade girls with parents silly enough to start travel lacrosse, so anybody could pick the team for him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stony brook is his top priority
Lizards is second
Crush is third
Bandits are 4th
His daughter and the goalie from YJ play for 2025 91 boys. That's his 5th priority.
YJ 2025 is a distant 6th

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, 7 kids moved down!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, 7 kids moved down!

The roster size was trimmed down to 22. I also noticed a girl moved from B to A after the rosters were posted, then later back down to B. I bet there is a story there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

wow, 7 kids moved down!

The roster size was trimmed down to 22. I also noticed a girl moved from B to A after the rosters were posted, then later back down to B. I bet there is a story there.

FOURTH GRADE GIRLS, PEOPLE. Get a fuc&@ing grip.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ says the dad who tried to get his kid moved to A and failed.

9 kids moved down from Spallina team. 1 kid moved up from Janelli. 7 new kids. A few didn't return.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I expressed concern on a previous post, but my daughter "made" the B team. now fingers crossed again and hope for a good experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
from observations last year, janelli is tremendous coach who focuses on teaching the game and takes no-nonsense approach, and never lost sight that the girls are still very young. B team will be coached up much more than A team who will be lucky to see spallina twice during the season and will be coached by one of his players or his wife

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says the players dad that should just sign his name because everyone knows

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
everyone knows what?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sycophant....that's what he is. "oooh coach...I cant believe what they said"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says the players dad that should just sign his name because everyone knows

What does this even mean? The guy likes his kids coach. No crime in that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Top girls stayed, new potential added on 2025.
Janelli picked up some good players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A girl from our town is on the B team and she is excellent. CR pulled her over with the A girls for a few minutes, but she was quickly dismissed back to the larger pool. Her parents certainly aren't in the Friends & Family circle so maybe that's why, or maybe it's just hard to evaluate a nine year old in a short window when looking at 60+ kids.

Anyway if Mr. Janelli is as good as advertised, and has a few more girls like this one, that's going to be a solid team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A girl from our town is on the B team and she is excellent. CR pulled her over with the A girls for a few minutes, but she was quickly dismissed back to the larger pool. Her parents certainly aren't in the Friends & Family circle so maybe that's why, or maybe it's just hard to evaluate a nine year old in a short window when looking at 60+ kids.

Anyway if Mr. Janelli is as good as advertised, and has a few more girls like this one, that's going to be a solid team.

At 9 years old what does excellent look like? Is it actually being able to catch and throw and maybe run with the ball? Forget about A and B and hope for the best possible coaching and development.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Daughter is there on 2025 Janelli , she and I can not wait!
Only PROBLEM VERY BIG TEAM!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on please I agree some programs have improved the YJ is a completely different level. The BbP coach peer pressuring his players to play Leg a Sea is comical. Yj is tops by a very large margin. As far as Js team at YJ I personally would take his track record And venture to say they'll be very good. Think there are many great players on the island so why not have more quality programs

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard