10/04/16 03:25 PM
10/04/16 03:25 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid is playing at a d2 school. Yes. Oh my god. D2. She wants to be a nurse. Got an outstanding offer for both lax and academics. She's happy I'm happy. Case closed. Keep beating your chests you morons

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188148
10/04/16 06:04 PM
10/04/16 06:04 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's awesome, congrats

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: TommyM] #188168
10/04/16 08:40 PM
10/04/16 08:40 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

D2 here as well, very generous athletic/academic money and we get to see every game as they will all be played within 4 hours of our area. Excellent new program and vibrant, safe campus. Had D1 offers but rosters were huge and some of the colleges were very run down. Listen to your child! It may not be what YOU want but YOU don't have the same instinct your child does, trust in what you raised. I know several girls from club ball who barely played in high school or club but psycho Dads were obsessed with saying the kind d is "playing D1" but what they don't mention is its a flight or 8 hour drive away- for a 10% scholarship.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188176
10/04/16 09:26 PM
10/04/16 09:26 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid turned down princeton because it would have been too long a drive for us. Pls let us know what D1 school offers you turned down, because of roster size. thanks

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188183
10/04/16 11:03 PM
10/04/16 11:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
D2 here as well, very generous athletic/academic money and we get to see every game as they will all be played within 4 hours of our area. Excellent new program and vibrant, safe campus. Had D1 offers but rosters were huge and some of the colleges were very run down. Listen to your child! It may not be what YOU want but YOU don't have the same instinct your child does, trust in what you raised. I know several girls from club ball who barely played in high school or club but psycho Dads were obsessed with saying the kind d is "playing D1" but what they don't mention is its a flight or 8 hour drive away- for a 10% scholarship.

I love this post!! 9 times out of 10 it's the parents bragging rights that get in the way. Some very nice d2 schools out there

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188195
10/05/16 08:15 AM
10/05/16 08:15 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My kid turned down princeton because it would have been too long a drive for us. Pls let us know what D1 school offers you turned down, because of roster size. thanks

That's got to be one of the dumbest things that I ever heard

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188199
10/05/16 08:38 AM
10/05/16 08:38 AM
A
America's Game Offline
Back of THE CAGE
America's Game  Offline
Back of THE CAGE
A

Are you unable to read the sarcasm?

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: America's Game] #188206
10/05/16 09:03 AM
10/05/16 09:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by America's Game

Thank you

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188211
10/05/16 09:35 AM
10/05/16 09:35 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by America's Game

Thank you

Arguing with idiots is like playing chess with a pigeon. No matter how good you are, the bird is going to S#!$ on the board and strut around like it won anyway.

I feel your pain. And we shall wait together to find out what great D1 schools were turned down for these amazing D2 opportunities. That plane ride to Stanford or Northwestern is soooo overrated.

Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188317
10/05/16 11:31 PM
10/05/16 11:31 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're missing the point. Committing to a D1 school and never seeing the field isn't for everyone. If the education, playing time, money and comfort is there in. D2 school for an athlete it's a wonderful thing. Travel is a consideration for some folks who don't have the money to fly to games and stay in hotels. Many families have other school age children, maybe one income homes or have disabled spouse or special needs kids that can't travel. So yea, sometimes D2 schools are a better fit, No sarcasm here, enjoy watching your child play wherever they decide because life throws you curveballs every now and then and you never know how long you have left. Peace.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188325
10/06/16 06:50 AM
10/06/16 06:50 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're missing the point. Committing to a D1 school and never seeing the field isn't for everyone. If the education, playing time, money and comfort is there in. D2 school for an athlete it's a wonderful thing. Travel is a consideration for some folks who don't have the money to fly to games and stay in hotels. Many families have other school age children, maybe one income homes or have disabled spouse or special needs kids that can't travel. So yea, sometimes D2 schools are a better fit, No sarcasm here, enjoy watching your child play wherever they decide because life throws you curveballs every now and then and you never know how long you have left. Peace.

This post is spot on! The people who post sarcastic comments are so ignorant. I for one am a small
Business owner with 4 kids under 16. My sophomore just commited to an excellent academic d2 school within a 3 hr drive of my home. That's what worked for us. She had 2 offers from good d1 lax schools. But they were not as good once you factored in the travel time expenses and th possibility of. Not playing as much.

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188335
10/06/16 08:06 AM
10/06/16 08:06 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love this post!! 9 times out of 10 it's the parents bragging rights that get in the way. Some very nice d2 schools out there

100% agree. Some parents would rather their kids play at the 110th D1 school which plays absolutely awful lacrosse just to say they play D1. Bad academics and bad lacrosse but it is D1!

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188336
10/06/16 08:09 AM
10/06/16 08:09 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Glad to see more realistic conversation about low D1 and D2's instead of every person on here talking about how lacrosse is getting their kid into NC or an IVY

Reply Quote
Re: Girls High School Lax [Re: Anonymous] #188369
10/06/16 10:37 AM
10/06/16 10:37 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This post is spot on! The people who post sarcastic comments are so ignorant. I for one am a small
Business owner with 4 kids under 16. My sophomore just commited to an excellent academic d2 school within a 3 hr drive of my home. That's what worked for us. She had 2 offers from good d1 lax schools. But they were not as good once you factored in the travel time expenses and th possibility of. Not playing as much.

Its just my opinion, but i would sacrifice me being able to see my kid play live, for her to be at a better school. We've heard on the forum alot about kids having good d1 offers, curious to hear which schools. I do agree with going to a D2 school instead of a D1 school and not getting on the field. With that said its none of my business or anyone else what decisions people make.

Reply Quote
Page 2 of 381 1 2 3 4 380 381
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification