BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,680
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33
Re: Girls 2020 - 9th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do not know why kids on going on college tours, meanwhile they haven't even begun school. Parents have to realize that college is not only about lacrosse. When your kid doesn't have the smartest brain but gets recruited to one of the "Top" colleges for Lacrosse, they are going to check grades and when they see your grades in the pit they are not going to want you anymore. Lacrosse only has a little bit of money, because it is not one of the "biggest" sports yet; like basketball, track and field, soccer.... I just think some of you guys should realize that education should always be first then sports second. I don't think you'd want to be a dumb lacrosse player.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Not bitter at all , just tired of know it all blabber mouths like yourself . Now tell us all the schools that are recruiting your daughter prior to her being out of diapers , you know you want to.

I believe you seem to think you know it all. You really have a problem. You should probably listen more and talk less.

Not the poster but parents of would be commits lecturing everyone else to keep quiet is a joke!!!!!!!! You are the parents that can't keep you mouths shut and have been torturing us all for years. My kid did this, she just did that, she got called up, mvp of camp, she made the xyz team, she's in newsday blah blah blah look in the mirror dad because you make it impossible to root for your very talented daughter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about the academics, i don't know why kids play sports at all.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not bitter at all , just tired of know it all blabber mouths like yourself . Now tell us all the schools that are recruiting your daughter prior to her being out of diapers , you know you want to.

I believe you seem to think you know it all. You really have a problem. You should probably listen more and talk less.

Not the poster but parents of would be commits lecturing everyone else to keep quiet is a joke!!!!!!!! You are the parents that can't keep you mouths shut and have been torturing us all for years. My kid did this, she just did that, she got called up, mvp of camp, she made the xyz team, she's in newsday blah blah blah look in the mirror dad because you make it impossible to root for your very talented daughter

I think you are imputing something that is not there. Wasn't telling everyone else to keep quiet. Just the jerk on this site. I don't think you can state what my kid has done because unlike what your accusation suggests, I haven't mentioned anything that she has done, nor do I intend to.

And from what i see, a lot of people root for my daughter because she is a nice kid and a good teammate. I'm sure you would root for her too if you knew her.

"And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road."

And this whole thing was exactly about how to get into great schools. Maybe you haven't had kids go through the college application process before? I've had 4 go through it. Three w no sports and 1 with. It isn't fair, but the sports help a lot. My original point, to which the DB got all caught up about UNC w, was that it doesn't have to be an either or choice. And for those than can make both work, it's a big leg up in getting into good schools. If it's a choice of just one, academics is clearly what to focus on.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its all about the academics, i don't know why kids play sports at all.

Or play the piano, or participate in theater or the choir. Yeah, you've got it all figured out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think you are imputing something that is not there. Wasn't telling everyone else to keep quiet. Just the jerk on this site. I don't think you can state what my kid has done because unlike what your accusation suggests, I haven't mentioned anything that she has done, nor do I intend to.

And from what i see, a lot of people root for my daughter because she is a nice kid and a good teammate. I'm sure you would root for her too if you knew her.

"And that's why I say my kid will probably go to the same or better college as their's but doesn't have to waste study time playing a game that is a dead end road."

And this whole thing was exactly about how to get into great schools. Maybe you haven't had kids go through the college application process before? I've had 4 go through it. Three w no sports and 1 with. It isn't fair, but the sports help a lot. My original point, to which the DB got all caught up about UNC w, was that it doesn't have to be an either or choice. And for those than can make both work, it's a big leg up in getting into good schools. If it's a choice of just one, academics is clearly what to focus on.

Give it a rest already ,stop preaching as if you know everything. The other guy was correct, if a kid wants to go to UNC, Harvard ,Maryland, UC Berkley , D1, D2,D3 who are you to say why they chose that school and if that school is a good mix of academics ,athletics etc. for them. I am the third poster to tell you that you are the one who seems to believe only your opinion is correct.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give it a rest already ,stop preaching as if you know everything. The other guy was correct, if a kid wants to go to UNC, Harvard ,Maryland, UC Berkley , D1, D2,D3 who are you to say why they chose that school and if that school is a good mix of academics ,athletics etc. for them. I am the third poster to tell you that you are the one who seems to believe only your opinion is correct.

oh you r probably the same guy but who cares. Wasn't the point. They can do whatever they want. Just sick of everyone saying that girls who care about lacrosse and work hard to be good at it are sacrificing their academics and taking gut majors. It's BS. Lots of them are doing both.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Facts show coaches like certain majors. Deal with it. Doesn't make you a bad person for taking the deal, but facts show many kids and schools dumb down majors to keep grades up and allow for lacrosse to be their fulltime job.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

oh you r probably the same guy but who cares. Wasn't the point. They can do whatever they want. Just sick of everyone saying that girls who care about lacrosse and work hard to be good at it are sacrificing their academics and taking gut majors. It's BS. Lots of them are doing both.

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope . [/quote]

I'd say read it again moron. But your reading comprehension ain't so great I guess it won't matter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You are the one who was saying that exact thing you dope .

I'd say read it again moron. But your reading comprehension ain't so great I guess it won't matter.

[/quote]
Reader poll: per the above exchange- is this a pair of dopey morons or a pair of moronic dopes going at it?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reader poll: per the above exchange- is this a pair of dopey morons or a pair of moronic dopes going at it?

Carnac says " What happens after your wife has too much to drink"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on in 2020 world? Thread is pretty quiet, has this group completely fizzled and died out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's going on in 2020 world? Thread is pretty quiet, has this group completely fizzled and died out?

Getting to the age where the marginal kid has dropped out, others have made choices to concentrate on academics or another sport, other families are saving wherever they can with the reality of college a few years away and everyone realizing that the only ones who cares about where a girl verbals is her parents and her club director. Only the core girls are left and they were always the quiet ones

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Getting to the age where the marginal kid has dropped out, others have made choices to concentrate on academics or another sport, other families are saving wherever they can with the reality of college a few years away and everyone realizing that the only ones who cares about where a girl verbals is her parents and her club director. Only the core girls are left and they were always the quiet ones

It has to be more than "core" girls left.. as almost all the clubs that have had tryouts already have a majority of their girls returning. Are some of these programs just milking the situation with the decline of talent in this age group and selling the parents dreams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It has to be more than "core" girls left.. as almost all the clubs that have had tryouts already have a majority of their girls returning. Are some of these programs just milking the situation with the decline of talent in this age group and selling the parents dreams?

Have you watched games outside of the top 20? Not much talent there so anyone that wants to play in college surely can especially with all the new schools being added. If you like the game keep playing but you are right about marginal PAL girls still playing the game. They are everywhere. Most teams have a few horses and then a bunch of complimentary players

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "complimentary" players keep the lights on for the directors though..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uum, maybe some are just doing this for the fun of it and the parents have money. What dream is there to sell?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ramked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ramked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance

50% of total cost. All Athletic money. The kid may qualify for more academically, but that should not be a part of the offer. Big ten schools will guarantee the agreed upon amount for all 4 years in the NLI

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone who has gone through the process before please tell me what is a good scholarship offer for a top 5% player who goes to a school ranked 15-30 in lax. Thank you in advance
Typical offer from our experience is 20-50%. In our case, the offer was on everything - meaning all-in costs. Have seen offers range as high as 60%, but that is unusual. 25-35% is think is most typical, obviously depends on where they have you ranked and the position of need. Hope that helps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uum, maybe some are just doing this for the fun of it and the parents have money. What dream is there to sell?

seriously ? want to bet the ranch that vast majority of parents, and daughters, really play because they think they can play in college and that travel lax is the way to do that?
The families w/ money play the travel thing for same reason--college lax awaits their daughter if they play travel.
becoming very rare for those that play "just for fun".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

seriously ? want to bet the ranch that vast majority of parents, and daughters, really play because they think they can play in college and that travel lax is the way to do that?
The families w/ money play the travel thing for same reason--college lax awaits their daughter if they play travel.
becoming very rare for those that play "just for fun".

"Selling the Dream"....That is what feeds the travel lax monster machine....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's the parents that will send their kid anywhere just to say their kid plays in college. Those are the problem parents. Get those priorities straight

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

50% of total cost. All Athletic money. The kid may qualify for more academically, but that should not be a part of the offer. Big ten schools will guarantee the agreed upon amount for all 4 years in the NLI

Anyone claiming "full ride" is combining academic money whom anyone can get, provided they have grades. Athletic money is key.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone claiming "full ride" is combining academic money whom anyone can get, provided they have grades. Athletic money is key.

Hmmmmm.50% is too high. At least by itself. Then there is 'Financial aid' not athletic money but requested by the AD. That can happen unless you earn a lot of money.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hmmmmm.50% is too high. At least by itself. Then there is 'Financial aid' not athletic money but requested by the AD. That can happen unless you earn a lot of money.

50% Is not too high if you are ranked in the top 20. I know of top 20 kids getting up to 65% Athletic money. But... the coaches try to get creative combining things. 25 50% Athletic is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Again you people with the Ivies and top 20 kids nationally give us a break. Everybody on here thinks their kid is a Shannon.

These rosters have 30+ girls and the numbers 5-25 are all the same

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Top 5% of what - team, league, county, Island, state, country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got 25% of 'total cost to attend' athletic money, plus a nice chunk of academic money. Both added together didn't cover the full cost, but it put a huge dent in it. If you divide 12 scholarships by 30-ish girls you'll quickly see that most probably get between 25%-35%. But here's something the coaches can do: They know that the girls who are getting more academic money can be given less athletic money and the girls who can't get as much academic money will need more athletic money. So, I'm guessing that when it's all said and done, most girls probably get close to equal total amounts, athletic+academic. My kid had a high GPA so she qualified for lots of academic money. And, I know girls who weren't as good academically who (probably) got a little more than 25% athletic money. I think it probably all equals out in the end. Just my first-hand experience.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid got 25% of 'total cost to attend' athletic money, plus a nice chunk of academic money. Both added together didn't cover the full cost, but it put a huge dent in it. If you divide 12 scholarships by 30-ish girls you'll quickly see that most probably get between 25%-35%. But here's something the coaches can do: They know that the girls who are getting more academic money can be given less athletic money and the girls who can't get as much academic money will need more athletic money. So, I'm guessing that when it's all said and done, most girls probably get close to equal total amounts, athletic+academic. My kid had a high GPA so she qualified for lots of academic money. And, I know girls who weren't as good academically who (probably) got a little more than 25% athletic money. I think it probably all equals out in the end. Just my first-hand experience.

True. An exceptional player will get a little more athletically. A kid they hope to build the team around. Otherwise 25-50% is very good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard the#1 recruit from Bayprt got 75% . Money can always go up if you kill it on the college field and are a game changer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't forget there are lots of schools that don't fund the allocated amount of ncaa scholarships. Kind of like a team not spending up to the salary cap. This happens at more schools than you think

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams. [/q

You're spot on, committing and getting a big package are two very different things

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I know that was your experience, but i can't see 12 starters getting the same amount of money as the bottom 2/3s...i've heard kids taking roster spots with zero money on some teams. [/q

You're spot on, committing and getting a big package are two very different things

and for some it doesn't matter. One of the Tewaaraton finalists this year had no athletic money. Got into a great school and turned into a great player. The biggest advantage to being a good lax player is that it can be an immense help in getting into a better school. If that can be combined with good scholarship money, all the better.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

and for some it doesn't matter. One of the Tewaaraton finalists this year had no athletic money. Got into a great school and turned into a great player. The biggest advantage to being a good lax player is that it can be an immense help in getting into a better school. If that can be combined with good scholarship money, all the better.

But if you are using lax to get into your reach school, you don't have the grades so there is no academic money. Those kids need the athletic money even more. Good grades fix everything!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

But if you are using lax to get into your reach school, you don't have the grades so there is no academic money. Those kids need the athletic money even more. Good grades fix everything!!!!

Ivies, for example, don't give academic or athletic money, just need. But you are right, good grades makes it much easier for the schools to recruit the player.

But what people seem to keep missing is that kids with perfect grades and test scores get routinely rejected from the top schools. "using lax" to get into reach schools does not mean you don't have great grades. The acceptance rate at Stanford, Harvard, Northwestern etc ranges from 5-12 percent. Most applicants are very good students. And those acceptance rates include athletes, development kids etc. So lax, or some other skill that the school values, is a great way to get to great schools.

A kid w a 3.7 GPA and 1350 on SATs is a GREAT student. Will have ZERO shot of getting into the top schools. If they are good enough at lax, they r a slam dunk to get in. They are smart kids and will do very well once they get to college and will have many doors opened up for them after graduation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice job leg teal dad... thanks for not asking my kid to go primetime. Pretty sure you just took a pretty tight team and shattered it. Not sure how it affected blue but i'm sure people are not happy. You think she will get noticed playing with the blue girls... she will alright but not in a good way. She will be exposed!!! Go back to kissing [lacrosse] at hotel get togethers.

Page 3 of 33 1 2 3 4 5 32 33

Link Copied to Clipboard