BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 23 of 102 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Basketball is a great sport that works well with Lacrosse. An athlete that plays lacrosse will want to play other sports.
All sports have a chance for injury but to try and sell me on youth Football being a safe sport is ignorant. As a parents you make the decisions to do whats best for your boy. If Football is what you think is best so be it.

I have 4 boys ages 11 through 19 and have coached them in baseball, football, lacrosse and basketball. Over the 13 years, I've coached over one hundred kids. And in that time, I've seen plenty of injuries. Concussions, acl's, broken legs and arms and noses and orbital bones. Most have come from baseball, 2 concussions, a torn acl and broken arm from lax, broken nose from basketball and only one broken finger from football. My point is that all sports come with inherent rust, but to paint football with such broad strokes of danger is insane. I have a ton of experience on the topic. More than most of you. Take it for what it's worth.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are so full of crap. I love it when you say you haven't seen an injury in youth football. The prior post said it all. You must coach in the lingerie football league! [/quote]
You need to learn to read ALL of the words! I said 1 concussion, but no broken arms or legs. Show me where I said no injuries? And then show me any sport with no injuries, including lax!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basketball is a great sport that works well with Lacrosse. An athlete that plays lacrosse will want to play other sports.
All sports have a chance for injury but to try and sell me on youth Football being a safe sport is ignorant. As a parents you make the decisions to do whats best for your boy. If Football is what you think is best so be it.

I have 4 boys ages 11 through 19 and have coached them in baseball, football, lacrosse and basketball. Over the 13 years, I've coached over one hundred kids. And in that time, I've seen plenty of injuries. Concussions, acl's, broken legs and arms and noses and orbital bones. Most have come from baseball, 2 concussions, a torn acl and broken arm from lax, broken nose from basketball and only one broken finger from football. My point is that all sports come with inherent rust, but to paint football with such broad strokes of danger is insane. I have a ton of experience on the topic. More than most of you. Take it for what it's worth.

Thank you! Another sane, reasoned voice!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your perspective but I'll actually stick with the research studies by experts which support the claims that football is dangerous and has long last effects on the brain.

So when you read about cte do you think it's all made up or do you just think it's worth the risk so you can "toughen up" your kid

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for your perspective but I'll actually stick with the research studies by experts which support the claims that football is dangerous and has long last effects on the brain.

So when you read about cte do you think it's all made up or do you just think it's worth the risk so you can "toughen up" your kid

Interesting how you cite a preference for wrestling, yet recent NCAA studies show wrestling as the sport having the highest rate for SRCs; men's and women's hockey also were higher than football. You don't seem so well informed if you think wrestling is a better option than football as far as danger for brain injuries go . . .

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are all missing the point...

1) Yes, I am a new parent to the Outlaws team (formally with Express HB - so some of you will be able to guess who I am. Not that I am hiding).
2) We are not practicing to win / lose fall tournaments. Just practicing to get better.
3) The current coach took over very late last year and, by then, the parents were appropriately disgruntled so unlikely to change a formed opinion of the program.
4) 2x per week for a few weeks so the kids can become familiar with one another will not burn them out.

Whether we play in A or B brackets is the coaches decision. You providing your invaluable insight won't sway the discussion. Honestly, it makes you sound petty. I am sure that wasn't your intention but it is the impression everyone will have. Lucky you are able to post under "anonymous" so your identity is safe.

I have tried to stay positive but maybe there should be a new rule to the forum. If you post something negative, you must include your name. I guarantee there would be a significant improvement in the dialogue.

I don't see you posting under your name, your under anonymous.

Again, I think you have missed the point... I have not said anything disparaging so why does it matter. Besides the fact that I have identified myself as a parent with a child that used to be on Express and is now on Outlaws (not to mention my older son still plays for Express). The former comment would dwindle the number of people to 3 and the latter comment means there is only one person. Those who actually know people on both teams and are not just posting for the sake of getting a thrill will know who I am.

Your posts remind me of the prowess of "El Gato". Stop acting like a fool before your sons new team disowns you as quickly as the HB parents/coaches did.

OMG. Classic. Gatttttto. Only guy I know whos kid get cut and follows up with a Kiss A$$ post stroking his former coach/team. The very same team that cut his kid with no fair warning only to be slapped again by a HB parent posting stating they are glad he''s gone and then follow up with another post talking about the reasons why "his" new team practices once a week, like he has first hand coaches knowledge. If I were an Outlaw parent, I'd stand far away from "EL Gatto".

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think that the risks of cte come in the latter stages of the game, i.e., professional football players who are going up against the biggest, strongest and fastest to ever play the game. All while practicing/playing 5-6 days a week for up to 6 months per year. Not when 80-100 pound boys are playing and practicing 2-3 days a week for 3 months. That's like comparing driving your car to work with a driver racing in Taledega. Apples and oranges. But you keep telling yourself that, Mom. You can't bubble wrap him his whole life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey lady, thanks for not writing "thoughten up" again. That was painful last time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey lady, thanks for not writing "thoughten up" again. That was painful last time.

Did you wet your panties thinking of my blog?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so much needle di*k. I'm sure your wife loves it when you romance her wearing your high school football jersey with your gut hanging out and playing find the needle in the haystack.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not so much needle di*k. I'm sure your wife loves it when you romance her wearing your high school football jersey with your gut hanging out and playing find the needle in the haystack.

Oh please!!! Someone break out the ruler!!! Such class

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And who still actually uses the term needle d***?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One week from today, Tornados are going to start the season with a sweep! Thanks BM for the talent and the coaching!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
One week from today, Tornados are going to start the season with a sweep! Thanks BM for the talent and the coaching!

Where - the Nassau/Suffolk PAL super series?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legacy is the only club who would take BM. Still a B team and always will be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok I will bite. Whoever posted this is clearly looking to stir the pot. Doug is the head coach of that team. I doubt anyone on the team, unprovoked would come out and make this statement. Congrats you got a response. It's amazing how far adults have fallen, it's almost high school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You're kidding yourself if you don't think that post came from the egomaniac himself. Good luck to all playing, but remember, don't put too much stock in fall tourneys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

who are the tornados where do they practice?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where - the Nassau/Suffolk PAL super series?

I hope the Tornados are playing in the Blatant Fall Jam.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok I will bite. Whoever posted this is clearly looking to stir the pot. Doug is the head coach of that team. I doubt anyone on the team, unprovoked would come out and make this statement. Congrats you got a response. It's amazing how far adults have fallen, it's almost high school.

BM is telling everyone that he is the coach. I'd chech with Doug about that one.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What tournament? And what teams are in the 2023 division?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

BM is telling everyone that he is the coach. I'd chech with Doug about that one.

Doug will be gone by summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow, BM why are you so angry?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team may not sweep, but it's going to surprise a lot of people! We upgraded every position and have 12 practiced in already. We'll be ready

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pigs will also fly and every kid playing lax on Long Island will get a full ride to a D1 and all the money you guys spend on teams, clinics and lacrosse wispier will have paid off

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The team may not sweep, but it's going to surprise a lot of people! We upgraded every position and have 12 practiced in already. We'll be ready

Having a catch is not a real practice Bob.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Having a catch is not a real practice Bob.

2x a week for the last 6 weeks. What, your kid's team is not putting in the work and you're angry?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My sons team practices once a week. Twice during tournament time (real tournaments, not fall tournaments). That's plenty for me!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel bad for you that your on that team and have him as a coach (BM) for your son. A coach he is not, maniac yes to witness him attack two fathers for absolutely no reasoning in Maryland and had to be physically held back from a fist fight pretty much because he wanted more for his son, last time I checked lacrosse it is a team effort. I couldn't believe my eyes when it happened and even more embarrassed for the express organization. So believe the lies they have told you just to get kids on the team (some for free) I hear he will ruin everything just to try to beat the bandits and now his old team.

Was he fired, or did he quit Express?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is the Blatant Fall Jam a competative tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends. Last year it was. Igloo, Express A, Tornados, Wolfpack, Outlaws Select, etc... all played in the 2023 bracket.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What teams are you sweeping. Who is playing in tournament. Word is your still looking for teams to commit and it's Wednesday. Many top teams are staying home.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

We are very excited about the competitiveness of all of our brackets for the Fall Jam! Schedule will be out soon.

@blatantlacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What teams are you sweeping. Who is playing in tournament. Word is your still looking for teams to commit and it's Wednesday. Many top teams are staying home.

The 2023 bracket is full.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What organization are the Tornados from.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That didn't answer any question. Who are you playing to sweep. The bracket was not full yesterday because other teams were asked to play. What is full, 4 teams, 6 teams, 3 teams etc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What organization are the Tornados from.

Legacy. They were a solid B team last year. Picked up some talent at Attack, Mid and Defense and Honey Badger coach is there as well. And so I''m told are much better. Still probably a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That didn't answer any question. Who are you playing to sweep. The bracket was not full yesterday because other teams were asked to play. What is full, 4 teams, 6 teams, 3 teams etc.

This is one of the very few times I an laugh at someone talking to them self. You are having this conversation with an anonymous poster and you're speaking form a position of knowledge. Here are a few issues with this conversation:
1. You don't know who posted the original comment about sweeping.
2. You bit and got sucked in almost immediately.
3. Someone responded that 2023 is full and hook line and sinker you bit again.

Have you for a moment stopped to think people are messing with you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is one of the very few times I an laugh at someone talking to them self. You are having this conversation with an anonymous poster and you're speaking form a position of knowledge. Here are a few issues with this conversation:

Sorry anonymous poster I thought this forum was for discussion. Thanks for clearing it. up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry anonymous poster I thought this forum was for discussion. Thanks for clearing it. up.

Discussion absolutely, however if you're the original responder, you spoke with knowledge of the so why ask silly questions. You had it on good word they were looking for teams. Also I might add again that you don't know who you were confronting about the team but hey discuss away.

Page 23 of 102 1 2 21 22 23 24 25 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard