BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,193
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No class response by calling names. We are hoping you are not an Igloo parent. I guess you are frustrated about how it is all turning out.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
Correct. If people don't like it don't go. It sounds like a great event for older kids. The only thing is the Igloo players should be going for free if the team tuition is truly "all inclusive". To pay close to $4,000 in tuition then pay more for this clearly a money maker. Also most 2021 kids will be wasting money and time especially the Avalanche kids.

Then don't go. But if you want the chance to get in front of these coaches, then you would go without complaint. And according to NCAA rules registration has to be open to everyone...which it is.

Hey jackoff. You were about your money I'll worry about mine.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news for Outlaws. They have be on the bubble for years and will break through with even 2-3 upgrades.

You might be speaking the truth. Shocking on this site. I can't confirm this 100% but from what I hear (via Outlaw Select long time parent- who tends to tell it like it is" says the Team picked up 5 stellar upgrades. 2 starters from Igloo Black ice, 1 from Express wolves, 1 syosset, And 1 top Huntington hockey recruit who is no joke- 5'11, 160 already at 13. If that's true- that's a pretty huge grab for a NXT semifinal team. The majority of these replacements came on defense. They return the same fogo, goalie, midfield, almost all attack and then add these 5 supposedly. The Igloo kids they added are starters - I know one of them- and he's very talented. So- I guess we will confirm it once we hit the first fall tourney and play them.

I will say, my son and I caught the last few minutes of this Outlaws team play at NXT and were impressed the way they beat the Rising Sons. Outlaws were a semi finalist with Igloo, Mesa and **Blaze. Not too shabby. So it definitely does appear they are "close" as you say. Good for them.

I still think they will be a notch below Blaze and Black Ice. Maybe they will join Icon and Express, and those five will be the elite. Maybe Greyhounds turn it around and join them.

I think it's great to have a bunch of teams that are dominant representing LI like we just saw at NXT. ***Blaze proved The best team there. Case closed.

Outlaws also filled up 3 teams in 2021????? Is that correct - a select AA team, a Gold A team and a Black B team. Filled. That's impressive.
And legacy, express- still scrambling to fill up the second teams?

Guess PB was smart to do a board of directors - all active varsity coaches of high schools within the surrounding areas. I usually knock what that toker does. Perhaps 125 college commitments since 2013 speaks for itself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good news for Outlaws. They have be on the bubble for years and will break through with even 2-3 upgrades.

You might be speaking the truth. Shocking on this site. I can't confirm this 100% but from what I hear (via Outlaw Select long time parent- who tends to tell it like it is" says the Team picked up 5 stellar upgrades. 2 starters from Igloo Black ice, 1 from Express wolves, 1 syosset, And 1 top Huntington hockey recruit who is no joke- 5'11, 160 already at 13. If that's true- that's a pretty huge grab for a NXT semifinal team. The majority of these replacements came on defense. They return the same fogo, goalie, midfield, almost all attack and then add these 5 supposedly. The Igloo kids they added are starters - I know one of them- and he's very talented. So- I guess we will confirm it once we hit the first fall tourney and play them.

I will say, my son and I caught the last few minutes of this Outlaws team play at NXT and were impressed the way they beat the Rising Sons. Outlaws were a semi finalist with Igloo, Mesa and **Blaze. Not too shabby. So it definitely does appear they are "close" as you say. Good for them.

I still think they will be a notch below Blaze and Black Ice. Maybe they will join Icon and Express, and those five will be the elite. Maybe Greyhounds turn it around and join them.

I think it's great to have a bunch of teams that are dominant representing LI like we just saw at NXT. ***Blaze proved The best team there. Case closed.

Outlaws also filled up 3 teams in 2021????? Is that correct - a select AA team, a Gold A team and a Black B team. Filled. That's impressive.
And legacy, express- still scrambling to fill up the second teams?

Guess PB was smart to do a board of directors - all active varsity coaches of high schools within the surrounding areas. I usually knock what that toker does. Perhaps 125 college commitments since 2013 speaks for itself.

Yes that is correct. Outlaws have filled 3 teams this year for 2021 and 2022. The Black teams seems to have some talented kids who came over from over programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear the kid is 6'16" and 270. They fly him in fir games from Lincoln. Crushed by Jefferson, hit by Jefferson, pounced by Jefferson...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My Father is a television repairman, I can fix it

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is OUR time, Mr. Hand.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice little scrimmage happening Next Sunday the 16th, 4 teams involved. True Blue, Outlaws, Ambush, and Express North. Farmingdale College. Just an FYI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Teams should do this more often rather than pay a lot of money for these tournaments where teams are at the fields all day to play the same teams with hours of breaks in between games. The only down fall is that teams tend to back out at the last second for various reasons when they don't have a large deposit on the line. I assume it is the Outlaws Gold team playing. Nice fun way to start the season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree with the above however too many clubs are afraid of damaging their brand and won't play certain teams. Or they will play once and if they get beat never play the, again voluntarily.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like outlaws select got the 2021 leftovers. Lost to fl$ and the greyhounds today.great job outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looks like outlaws select got the 2021 leftovers. Lost to fl$ and the greyhounds today.great job outlaws
How can they lose to fl$? That doesn't make sense if they picked up all of these great players!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How can they lose to fl$? That doesn't make sense if they picked up all of these great players!

didn't some leave other teams to go there?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lets focus on Express and how it did not workout for a particular 2020 coach/parent so he is now on the sidelines for the 2021 Express team ,that is just terrible and now he is trying to put his kid on first line and take away from kids who deserve it and are right age .... PATHETIC !!!!!! JS

Amen that someone has called this out quickly! In just a short time it has become apparent that's exactly what's happening here ... It's already become a topic of conversation among both kids and parents, and will quickly become a distraction for a team with so many terrific things going for it. The extra hands on the sidelines are just not worth it, and the team will suffer in performance and morale in the long run. All kids should earn PT based on their own merit. Dad should move across the field and join the rest of the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From the Looks of F.L.G Suffolk ,Theres a complete total money grab , the intentions which is good was to get the east end players to expand the program with good talent and there is nothing wrong with that ! ,the only problem was they didn't really have a good turn out and took anyone who showed . They grabbed whatever they could and the proof no matter what showed by the looks of the final scores yesterday . Good luck keeping this team together. WOW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
As long as they have a quality coach and are developing who cares.
From the Looks of F.L.G Suffolk ,Theres a complete total money grab , the intentions which is good was to get the east end players to expand the program with good talent and there is nothing wrong with that ! ,the only problem was they didn't really have a good turn out and took anyone who showed . They grabbed whatever they could and the proof no matter what showed by the looks of the final scores yesterday . Good luck keeping this team together. WOW.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He played daddy ball on the 2020 Express and now watch him do it on the 2021 team , our kids on 2021 should not be put in this position because it did not work out for his son , go play your own age group ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Developing ? 8th grade ?
That's all good if that's what everyone on the team signed up for ! otherwise people come for various different reasons But the ones who sign up because their allstar is prince the almighty competitor .. they will be the unhappy parent once they realize some players are their to develop and could care less about competing .
It happens all the time .

As long as they have a quality coach and are developing who cares.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2021 killed it at the playday last weekend. Not surprising that every is quiet about it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I heard Madlax 2021 killed it at the playday last weekend. Not surprising that every is quiet about it.

Well tell us who did they play? being they killed it fill us in

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
On Sunday they beat Leading Edge by one goal and lost to Manhasset by several. Not sure who told you they did well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who the heck is Madlax 2021?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes developing in 8th grade. Do you tbink 8th grade players aredone developing. Even those studs who will commit this year have a ton of developing to do. Many, if most will not play at a college level.
Secondly,Those who want to play competitive and top level should not be looking at a new team at this point. If they went to a new team it is probably bc the could not land a spot on a top team for
Recruiting. If those kids and their parents are pissed at the other boys on their team they should
Lookd in the mirror. Are they as good as they think?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice little scrimmage happening Next Sunday the 16th, 4 teams involved. True Blue, Outlaws, Ambush, and Express North. Farmingdale College. Just an FYI.

The scrimmage was a very positive experience. The cost was ref money and the kids got three very competitive games. Scores? Who knows, I saw kids playing hard and having fun. Any chance these clubs can organize another event like this? Hello coaches... lets do it again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The scrimmage was a very positive experience. The cost was ref money and the kids got three very competitive games. Scores? Who knows, I saw kids playing hard and having fun. Any chance these clubs can organize another event like this? Hello coaches... lets do it again.

$10 a boy - can't beat that! I couldn't be there, but heard from another father that it was a great experience also. I know that my son's team is looking to do this every other week until weather goes south, so hopefully that works out.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

$10 a boy - can't beat that! I couldn't be there, but heard from another father that it was a great experience also. I know that my son's team is looking to do this every other week until weather goes south, so hopefully that works out.

That sounds awesome, keep posting about the scrimmages. Wish my kids team would do this.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That sounds awesome, keep posting about the scrimmages. Wish my kids team would do this.
It was great for all of the teams involved. They all had fun, the refs kept control, but let the boys play, and everyone got better. Some games were closer than others, but it was really a great experience for the boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain to me how a 2021 can be fifteen years old. Orange crush team was full of 01s and 02s. Does that make 2022 02s and 03s

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
its called DOUBLE HOLDBACK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is what is wrong with this sport. Get the ages correct

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Someone explain to me how a 2021 can be fifteen years old. Orange crush team was full of 01s and 02s. Does that make 2022 02s and 03s

Start school a year late and then holdback......

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not sure which 2021 team you're talking about, but Crush is a 2020 team - they should all be (late) 01s and 02s.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Start school a year late and then holdback......
Funny, I was speaking to a parent about this on the sideline Sunday. We both agreed that we would rather our boys play up than hold them back. My Son is an October 2003 birthday so if we were outside of NY, he would be a 2022. He will get much more playing against 15 and 16 year old now, so he will be ready to play in HS next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it's ridiculous and sad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And it's ridiculous and sad

No it is double ridiculous and double sad!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is your son a defender because I don't believe an attack and middie being outweighed by 50 pounds lets the player improve at this age. The gap will narrow but right now its not fair for the real aged kid unless he is freakishly big for his age.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Unless he gets hurt by some 15 year old, 6'2", 160 lbs defender....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to world of youth lacrosse. It's a shame US Lacrosse has no teeth and can't put a stop to this holdback nonsense. The Maryland clubs that draw from the Baltimore private schools are the kings of this scam. Crabs, FCA and Looneys being the biggest offenders. Crabs 2020 roster had a 16 year old on their 8th grade team. wth?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Welcome to world of youth lacrosse. It's a shame US Lacrosse has no teeth and can't put a stop to this holdback nonsense. The Maryland clubs that draw from the Baltimore private schools are the kings of this scam. Crabs, FCA and Looneys being the biggest offenders. Crabs 2020 roster had a 16 year old on their 8th grade team. wth?

Agree 100%. My son is a summer of 03 birthday and plays for a top LI club that more than holds their own. His team of 13 year olds routinely plays other 2021 teams with kids sometimes 1 to 2 years older who are also 2021. The difference between a 13 year old and a 15 year old is can not be understated. When my kid is 15, if he lines up against a 19 year old so be it. At least he will have almost grown to adult height at that point. But right now he is a 13 year olds like most other LI eight graders. LI has kids who are 15 who are in their junior year in high school.........other states have 15 year old eight graders. Youth lacrosse needs to be aged based. In high school, grade is acceptable, but not until then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My son played against Looneys last spring @ Blue Hen, and there were literally 7+ boys out starting for them on the opening faceoff that were over 6' Saw pretty much the same thing with all of the teams in that tourney for the 2021 bracket, and that also included a lot of PA teams.

Page 5 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard