BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 79 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 78 79
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
nxt has had mediocre teams for years. They win hands down when it comes to social media though. Nobody does tweets, likes and selfies better

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not surprising. nxt has had mediocre teams for years. tryouts were preordained. Parents shouldn't be happy. Look on the bright side though. Nobody does tweets, likes and selfies better than nxt. Great for little johnny exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard that some parents aren't really happy with all of the selections of the NXT 2020 team. People have been overheard saying "this kid shouldn't have made it, _______ is better". Not a great way to start a season with a new team
Doubt it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do reshuffle, especially this year. Freedom has the least amount of turnover. Most eventually leave Freedom to play for HHH or Mesa (back in the day) Starting with 2020 they've been able to keep their kids and add new ones. Mesa is totally rebuilding and will probably end up with a bunch of Sons kids. No loyalty on Mesa part. HHH is always having tryouts and kept a 35+ man roster last year. Dukes is irrelevant anymore but are always trying to load and unload kids
Who reshuffles at high school now?
Freedom? no
Mesa? no
HHH? no
Dukes? no

NXT had a terrible team at 2020. They went out and cut a deal to
get 12 kids from a very good team. Then acted like they where having an open tryout. Made a couple thousand and picked up a couple additional kids. May have even dropped from a talent
level from the 2020 Rising Sons team. My guess is that it will happen again next year. So if your kid is a "Snowflake" on the Rising Sons team he will have no problem getting in with NXT. If he is not one of the "Snowflakes" he will be out in the cold with the other NXT and Rising Sons outsiders.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that some parents aren't really happy with all of the selections of the NXT 2020 team. People have been overheard saying "this kid shouldn't have made it, _______ is better". Not a great way to start a season with a new team
Doubt it.

I would find it very easy to believe, there is even someone on here saying that the level of the Sons old team may have dropped.
This is a quote from another post
"May have even dropped from a talent
level from the 2020 Rising Sons team"

I would bet money that whoever posted that has said it out loud too. And with the NXT policy of having every single team member receiving the same exact amount of minutes, and I am not saying that is a bad thing, I bet there are some people who are not impressed that their kid has to split time with a player that they feel is inferior. Doesn't say much about the people that are saying these things about their new "teammates"

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Doubt it.

I would find it very easy to believe, there is even someone on here saying that the level of the Sons old team may have dropped.
This is a quote from another post
"May have even dropped from a talent
level from the 2020 Rising Sons team"

I would bet money that whoever posted that has said it out loud too. And with the NXT policy of having every single team member receiving the same exact amount of minutes, and I am not saying that is a bad thing, I bet there are some people who are not impressed that their kid has to split time with a player that they feel is inferior. Doesn't say much about the people that are saying these things about their new "teammates"
That is not our policy at NXT.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They do reshuffle, especially this year. Freedom has the least amount of turnover. Most eventually leave Freedom to play for HHH or Mesa (back in the day) Starting with 2020 they've been able to keep their kids and add new ones. Mesa is totally rebuilding and will probably end up with a bunch of Sons kids. No loyalty on Mesa part. HHH is always having tryouts and kept a 35+ man roster last year. Dukes is irrelevant anymore but are always trying to load and unload kids
Freedom? no
Mesa? no
HHH? no
Dukes? no

get 12 kids from a very good team. Then acted like they where having an open tryout. Made a couple thousand and picked up a couple additional kids. May have even dropped from a talent
level from the 2020 Rising Sons team. My guess is that it will happen again next year. So if your kid is a "Snowflake" on the Rising Sons team he will have no problem getting in with NXT. If he is not one of the "Snowflakes" he will be out in the cold with the other NXT and Rising Sons outsiders.

What is a snowflake?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom? no
Mesa? no
HHH? no
Dukes? no

What is a snowflake?

Someone very special and unique, the joke being that in most areas there is no such thing.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Freedom? no
Mesa? no
HHH? no
Dukes? no

TD's on social media promoting his 2021's? He lost every kid two years ago how can he even think he has a good team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just shows you what a mess other programs are. You leave RS, you can see they are imploding and you go back? What does that say for MESA, HHH and where ever else those kids went....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It just shows you what a mess other programs are. You leave RS, you can see they are imploding and you go back? What does that say for MESA, HHH and where ever else those kids went....
Who went back? I believe its all new.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The kids that went to Mesa have stayed there, except for 1. And, that team did better than the Rising Sons 2021 team ever did. Mesa was and still is the team to beat at 2021. TD can talk that team up all they want, after this year they won't exist and no one will ever remember them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember you are talking about the kids and their current team they play for. Whatever your jealousy is with RS, and the director, take it off line , be more constructive with the conversation or at least man up and don't be anonymous with your bad mouthing of all that is lacrosse in this area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank God that means their parents stayed too. /The kids that went to Mesa have stayed there, except for 1. And, that team did better than the Rising Sons 2021 team ever did. Mesa was and still is the team to beat at 2021. TD can talk that team up all they want, after this year they won't exist and no one will ever remember them

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were HHH tryouts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How were HHH tryouts?
Very light, too many clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is it that at nxt run tournaments the nxt teams are put in the weakest groupings and still can't win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because their teams stink. There are only 4 -5 good teams in philly. Mesa, HHH Freedom Sons and I think brotherly love has one good team.
Why is it that at nxt run tournaments the nxt teams are put in the weakest groupings and still can't win?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm from outside Philly, can anyone tell me what happened with Dukes?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like Dukes can't put together teams in Philly anymore and are now doing "National" and "Virginia" teams.

What happened?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dukes is toast. Mesa, NXT, Freedom, HHH have a better model. For all the hatred spewing over TD, Ebe (and Gonzo bros) take the cake as dirtbags

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems like Dukes can't put together teams in Philly anymore and are now doing "National" and "Virginia" teams.

What happened?
They don't practice, therefore they don't train. Parents want more for their kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They parted ways with HHH which was their feeder program now they both are average clubs at best. HHH now can't beat anyone take a look at their scores in tourney machine don't even make it out of pool play. Dukes they are dying a slow death. Both were once great lost their moral compass and lured by $

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2022 national I saw this past summer and they dismantled everyone. They were real good. Why was that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is talk of a local Philly U13 team forming to compete in Denver July 2017. Does anyone have any info about it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with a U13 Philly team being formed to compete in Denver 2017 Championships?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maryland and New [lacrosse] kids seem to feed Dukes national teams now. How does that work? To

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dukes 2022 national I saw this past summer and they dismantled everyone. They were real good. Why was that?
Listen its really really easy to go out and put together the best kids on the East Coast and win games. However, that doesn't constitute a great program. Kids left that team because there wasn't any training or coaching. Big names, big promises no delivery. Just like many programs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Listen its really really easy to go out and put together the best kids on the East Coast and win games. However, that doesn't constitute a great program. Kids left that team because there wasn't any training or coaching. Big names, big promises no delivery. Just like many programs.

They dismantled teams in B tournaments. What were their best wins? Any wins against the Long Island big 4? Beat any team that made the HoCo playoffs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They dismantled teams in B tournaments. What were their best wins? Any wins against the Long Island big 4? Beat any team that made the HoCo playoffs?

Dukes Nationals is a joke. Of course you're going to win. You have some of the greatest talent on the East Coast.
The team isn't great because of coaching or a system. It's great because of the kids and the training those kids got from years 1-13.
The team is less than a year old and has practiced maybe 10 times. Total. You really think the coaching had anything to do with the success? Cool kits, custom helmets and gloves, an opportunity to play more lacrosse. That's the appeal for the kids.
It's an all star team that hasn't played anyone in any real tournament because all their players are playing on their "real" teams in said real tourneys.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is anyone familiar with a U13 Philly team being formed to compete in Denver 2017 Championships?

I'd love to hear about this...Public tryout or the dads get together at the Inter-AC social at Merion CC and hash out the roster?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hasn't that always been the Dukes model? Grab the best kids, don't practice just go play. They tried starting a new model with Dukes South, but couldn't have chooses a worse person to run it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the guys who sent teams to the world games doing a team they all should have age eligible kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Are the guys who sent teams to the world games doing a team they all should have age eligible kids.

That's why Wsyl is a joke. They are all pickup teams and not the teams that work together all year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hasn't that always been the Dukes model? Grab the best kids, don't practice just go play. They tried starting a new model with Dukes South, but couldn't have chooses a worse person to run it.

Hey Dukes, Napoleon Dynamite called, he want's his artwork back.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Duke's 2022 is ok, my son's team beat them 9-1 this summer. However, our team went 0-6 in the 2022 AA HOCO Spring league, so that may give you an idea of where they are on the spectrum of 'top teams', or at least how they compare to teams from the Baltimore/DC area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that dukes or dukes nationals? They are two different animals.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it was the Nationals, as Gonzo was the coach and he said there were a few kids from API Diamondbacks and other Baltimore area Teams. They were good, we were their only loss, so I think they finished 3rd (they beat Kooper's LC) in the consolation game.

I saw they have a National's Team evaluation this weekend, are there benefits to joining them vs a normal club Team? Or just more exposure for your kids if his team isn't one of the top club teams?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I believe it was the Nationals, as Gonzo was the coach and he said there were a few kids from API Diamondbacks and other Baltimore area Teams. They were good, we were their only loss, so I think they finished 3rd (they beat Kooper's LC) in the consolation game.

I saw they have a National's Team evaluation this weekend, are there benefits to joining them vs a normal club Team? Or just more exposure for your kids if his team isn't one of the top club teams?

Exposure? he kids are 12-13 for cripes sake!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Exposure? he kids are 12-13 for cripes sake!!

It's great if your kid wants more lacrosse and you have lots of time and money and don't mind traveling a ton.

Like Reply Quote
Page 10 of 79 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard