BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 91 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 90 91
Re: Boys 2024 5th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The "Best" hidden 2024 Goalie, the phenom D1 [lacrosse] midfielders, nauseating ranking between touting WP vs. Taz, of all the years I have my boys playing on the 2024 board takes the cake. There is no other year message board that is this amusing. I have to guess that most 2024s are only children or the only boy. Or parents (can't just blame Dads anymore) are unrealistic or trying to live through there kids.

Even if you really felt your 5th grade child was the "best" goalie on Long Island what balls does it take to post that? Did it look good when you clicked "view post"?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The "Best" hidden 2024 Goalie, the phenom D1 [lacrosse] midfielders, nauseating ranking between touting WP vs. Taz, of all the years I have my boys playing on the 2024 board takes the cake. There is no other year message board that is this amusing. I have to guess that most 2024s are only children or the only boy. Or parents (can't just blame Dads anymore) are unrealistic or trying to live through there kids.

Even if you really felt your 5th grade child was the "best" goalie on Long Island what balls does it take to post that? Did it look good when you clicked "view post"?

Don't feed the troll, if he had a set of B@#LLS, he would of said what PAL team. /discussion

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Lawn Gnome Lacrosse" Lax in 1/4 scale. Lacrosse unlimited is selling the shorts...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have seen it play out time and time again...its not just size although size does play into it...once you start getting into the middle school years when it picks up...the better players have the combination and balance of a variety of factors including skill, athleticism (speed/size/agiligy), IQ and aggressiveness/touchness (intangibles)...when they get to middle and high school...all the kides, at least on the better teams, are all insanely good....they tend to have the unique mix above all to varying degrees...I have learned and watched that all things being equal the determining factor between a top 5% player and the top 1-3%s players (the ones going to the traditional powerhouses, etc.) are the intangibles (being aggressive to goal, toughness, competitiveness to win, etc.)...after that everything else kicks in....now there are some exceptions where a shorter/smaller person comes in but again this is only a few (maybe a team has 1 oddly smaller attackman or a middie)...this can change year to year (intangible and physical attributes)once kids hit puberty...I laugh when these 5ft 9 dads think there 4th grade kid who is a middle is the best in the world...he is gonna be quite surprised when they put the bigger kid who plays LSM on him...oh no! what is poor pappa gonna do know????? boo hoo

This is a great post and so true!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw Syracuse announced their freshman recruiting class. 16 players! You think travel playing time is bad with 22 kids. Good luck with 3x that amount. Everyone on this board gets nuts about their kid playing in college. Focus on using the lax to get him into the best academic school possible. College lax goes by fast, especially with a roster of 60+

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What fall tournaments are teams doing?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws will do Blatant
Igloo usually hides in the fall but I'm sure they will do a tourney

All clubs will wash each others back so all tourneys will be filled and everyone will make money, except the parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Outlaws will do Blatant
Igloo usually hides in the fall but I'm sure they will do a tourney

All clubs will wash each others back so all tourneys will be filled and everyone will make money, except the parents.

What tournaments are in MD?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of invitationals are happening this season. 2 best teams on LI get invited down to MD to play their 2 or 3 best teams. Then the MD teams come to LI for the same set up. It keeps the top teams sharp.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Could not agree more on the trash talking. However the point that was trying to get across, is that as the boys get older other teams will start to get better.There wont be only 1 or two teams that dominate.Other teams will become more competitive.It happens in every age group.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Until then... Like sand thru the hour glass. ...

Travel LAX is competitive and there are winners and losers. A lot of posts about everyone catching up and evening out. Good luck with your wait and you will see approach.
Get measured and develop.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
huh? Are you quoting a soap opera? Nobody said anything about waiting .Its happening. At every grad.year around 5th grade, more teams become more competitive.there will be more then two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Igloo going to show up in the fall this year? Lots of turnover with those guys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is playing at the Blatant Fall Jam on 10/22/2106?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's typically more town teams

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Check out The Blatant Fall Jam in the Tourney section, It lists some of the teams playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Igloo going to show up in the fall this year? Lots of turnover with those guys.

How do you know?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy, igloo and outlaws

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care so much, was your son one of the kids that were cut or didn't make the team?
Or give the organization a call their number is listed on their site

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Legacy, igloo and outlaws

No the town teams play in the Blatant Town Cup Tourney. Fall Jam is usually travel

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why do you care so much, was your son one of the kids that were cut or didn't make the team?
I just called them...they are sorry you son didn't make it. Maybe next year for little Johnny

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just called them...they are sorry you son didn't make it. Maybe next year for little Johnny

Igloo? Most of the good kids LEFT Igloo for other A teams. They filled those spots with kids from B teams. Decent kids but not a A team. They will play in B brackets or easy tournaments, watch. They may win, but it will be B team competition, not A.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Igloo? Most of the good kids LEFT Igloo for other A teams. They filled those spots with kids from B teams. Decent kids but not a A team. They will play in B brackets or easy tournaments, watch. They may win, but it will be B team competition, not A.

There are only two A teams in this grade and neither took an igloo kid. Who does your kid play for? Probably a B team like mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are only two A teams in this grade and neither took an igloo kid. Who does your kid play for? Probably a B team like mine.

Please keep this nonsense going. It's entertainment while I table my morning deuce. Get a life!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Realistically, the entire grade level is weak. To only have enough quality players to make 2 highly competitive teams is a shame. Look at 2023 and 2022. There are WAY more top level teams. Even for Big Orange to only have one team speaks volumes of how down a year it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Please keep this nonsense going. It's entertainment while I table my morning deuce. Get a life!!!

best post of the year -

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Realistically, the entire grade level is weak. To only have enough quality players to make 2 highly competitive teams is a shame. Look at 2023 and 2022. There are WAY more top level teams. Even for Big Orange to only have one team speaks volumes of how down a year it is.

You're an idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot

In most cases, yes, but not on this one. My son is on one of them. The age group is mediocre. Can you explain to me how it isn't??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot

In most cases, yes, but not on this one. My son is on one of them. The age group is mediocre. Can you explain to me how it isn't??

But you are acting like that 2nd tier of teams is mediocre, when they are actually solid. Express 2x, Outlaws, Igloo, are all solid teams and there are some really solid town teams at this age too. Commack, BBP, ESM, RVC, etc. Sure Taz and WP are the cream of the crop but there are plenty of of good teams at this age. There has been some really competitive games the last few years between teams not named WP and Taz. Call them B teams if you like but it's good solid lacrosse for a bunch of 10 year olds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WP > Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Non WP or Taz stir the pot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
24 > WP & Taz

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
dog=cat

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're an idiot

But you are acting like that 2nd tier of teams is mediocre, when they are actually solid. Express 2x, Outlaws, Igloo, are all solid teams and there are some really solid town teams at this age too. Commack, BBP, ESM, RVC, etc. Sure Taz and WP are the cream of the crop but there are plenty of of good teams at this age. There has been some really competitive games the last few years between teams not named WP and Taz. Call them B teams if you like but it's good solid lacrosse for a bunch of 10 year olds.

Agree. WP has the BBP and Commack kids playing on the team. Taz is also made up of some solid PAL kids also. Impressive 10 yr old lax all around

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where is express A playing this year?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I heard that most of the good players left the team..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

Not true at all, unless you are a mommy from Manhasset and thought your little crew were the top kids. All of their key starters are back and they upgraded every position through tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all, unless you are a mommy from Manhasset and thought your little crew were the top kids. All of their key starters are back and they upgraded every position through tryouts.

One of the top kids went to Taz and was not replaced but they will see where they stand on the 10th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Taz added 1 top express and 3 WP?

One of the top kids went to Taz and was not replaced but they will see where they stand on the 10th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not one of the top kids, and he was replaced. This Express team will take home some tee shirts this year.

Page 7 of 91 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 90 91

Link Copied to Clipboard