BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
North of the Border Box Lacrosse - Opening September 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
North of the Border Box Lacrosse - September 2012

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: North of the Border Box Lacrosse - Opening September 2012
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
North of the Border Lacrosse - Registraton Link

Registration Fee - $280.00

Once you've submitted a registration form, please remit checks to:

North of the Border Box Lacrosse
P.O. Box 444
East Northport, NY 11731

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who are the coaches that will be teaching this clinic?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Mike Taylor and several current box lacrosse players will be running all lacrosse instructions. Check out the website to get more information.
Northoftheborderboxlacrosse.com
Originally Posted by Anonymous

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by LaxDad#14
Mike Taylor and several current box lacrosse players will be running all lacrosse instructions. Check out the website to get more information.
Northoftheborderboxlacrosse.com
North of the Border Box Lacrosse Coaches Roster

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Any questions can be answered via the following e-mail address : info@northoftheborderboxlax.com

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Remember that the North of the Border program opens this Saturday, September 15th. Register now to be part of this program.

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
The program times for the various age groups are now available - be sure to contact North of the Border to join your specific age group slot with a last minute registration.

12:00-1:00pm : 9th-11th
1:00-2:00pm : 2nd-3rd
2:00-3:00pm : 6th
3:00-4:00pm : 4th-5th
4:00-5:00pm : 7th-8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Cage,
Will they be sending confirmation emails out? I've had a bunch of boys sign up and we haven't heard from them in weeks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Confirmation emails will be going out this evening with all pertinent information. If you did not receive an auto-reply confirmation, please contact us at info@northoftheborderboxlax.com

Cage,
Will they be sending confirmation emails out? I've had a bunch of boys sign up and we haven't heard from them in weeks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Reminder : Today is opening day for the North of the Border Camps. Camps start at 12:00pm and will run weekly in one-hour sessions. Even if today is too tight on your schedule, you can still have your family's lacrosse players sign-up. Contact North of the Border for late registration!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Signed my son up for this. WOW! AWESOME! Coach Mike Taylor has found True Canadian Box lacrosse players that are coaching. My son said it was the BEST lacrosse he's ever played and can't wait for next week. he also said it's what he wants to play all the time. Canada here we come...LOL

Originally Posted by CageSage
North of the Border Lacrosse - Registraton Link

Registration Fee - $280.00

Once you've submitted a registration form, please remit checks to:

North of the Border Box Lacrosse
P.O. Box 444
East Northport, NY 11731

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PLEASE NOTE TIME CHANGE FOR 9TH - 11TH GRADE. THEIR TIME SLOT HAS BEEN MOVE TO 4:00-5:00PM

The program times for the various age groups are now available - be sure to contact North of the Border to join your specific age group slot with a last minute registration.

12:00-1:00pm : 9th-11th
1:00-2:00pm : 2nd-3rd
2:00-3:00pm : 6th
3:00-4:00pm : 4th-5th
4:00-5:00pm : 7th-8th

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Went to the session yesterday and OMG what an experience. My sons loved it and can not stop speaking about it. They cant wait til next week to keep learning about box lacrosse. The coaches were amazing and Kudos to them for thinking of this fantastic experience of bringing Candian Box Lacrosse here to Long Island. The kids are really going to learn alot of stick skills

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
I appreciated the instruction for my boy yesterday at this clinic. First thoughts are this is quite different of a program for the boys. Totally different drills from field lacrosse. It was also great seeing kids from all the different programs participating. At the end of the day, it's about the boys getting better... The kids have no problem getting along with each other. If only the parents would put aside their differences!!!!

Looking forward to next week!!

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Here is the interesting piece - anyone that still wants into this program can join despite missing the first week! Have your son take advantage of the still skills and tight space training afforded by Box Lacrosse. Contact the program for details - or better yet - show up at next Saturday's sessions! The team at North of the Border will make you student-athlete feel completely welcomed!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Remember that the North of the Border program opens this Saturday, September 15th. Register now to be part of this program.

What a great program! My son loved it! can't wait for next week.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Single mom here...not too knowledgeable of lacrosse in general. I have to say the directors Mike Taylor and Phil Polo made me feel really comfortable by being do approachable. I listened to other parents in the bleachers and was really happy with what I was hearing. Only great things. I did hear a few ehs to know that the coaching staff was Canadian...my son can hardly wait till next week and I will be asking for private lessons as well since I can't do the job myself. Well spent money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
North of the Border Box Lacrosse WILL BE ACCEPTING NEW REGISTRATIONS ON SATURDAY. Space is limited, contact them for availability. Visit the website for more information and to view the schedule.
www.NorthoftheBorderBoxLacrosse.com

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree, great experience for the boys. Play is SUPER fast and they are using their skills full time. It is also challenging running the full "field"

Single mom here...not too knowledgeable of lacrosse in general. I have to say the directors Mike Taylor and Phil Polo made me feel really comfortable by being do approachable. I listened to other parents in the bleachers and was really happy with what I was hearing. Only great things. I did hear a few ehs to know that the coaching staff was Canadian...my son can hardly wait till next week and I will be asking for private lessons as well since I can't do the job myself. Well spent money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great program so far ... hopefully the scrimmages will be starting this week (week 3). Even if there aren't two goalies, setting up on offense and defense, running plays and taking shots (even if at an empty 4 x 4 net) is the best way to improve.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please dont add too many more!! you have a good amount now! too many kids= less reps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
if hey add anymore kids im asking for a refund! to me, when you have too many kids its a waste of time! they end up having too much down time!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
thats for sure!!!!!!!!i hope they closed registration, otherwise there are too many kids and it is simply not worth it! Don't ruin it at any age group!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed the first week was great the second week not so great, more kids not enough reps and more standing around. Taylor is running from rink to rink trying to tell the so called Canadians what to do. Looks like more kids every week = more money for the two directors. Hope this doesn't turn into a BS 91 clinic where they just want numbers to make more money. Shut registration down so the kids who signed up get what they were promised.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if they're doing another session after this one ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
AGREED! everyone at the clinic was saying the same thing! they are letting more kids come in and people are pissed because they paid in full! please close registration!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If all they do are drills, then adding additional players is going to be a negative for those already in the program.

That said, the 7th-8th grade group seemed fine to me. Lots of touches, plenty of running. Room for more? I think so. Is that ideal? Maybe not, but 4 or 5 more would not have much of an impact.

And if they start scrimmages, another line would probably be welcome. The boys have to cover a lot of room with just 5 players on a side, and having to play offense and defense will be exhausting (good!). Adding a few more boys in that context can only make it better, and might even be necessary. I believe the target roster in box is 12 players ... 24 total for scrimmages. Not sure if they have maxed out at 24 in the 7th-8th grade sessions.

In any event, my son loves it, and if they form teams or have some sort of winter league, he's in! The best way for that to happen is for more kids to give it a try.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YES THEY ARE, they told me yesterday another session to follow

Does anyone know if they're doing another session after this one ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i beg to differ, once again too many kids = less coaches to player ratio! they should close registration! there are alot of kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think registration is closed. A friend tried to get her son in and was told they were full.

i beg to differ, once again too many kids = less coaches to player ratio! they should close registration! there are alot of kids!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
At this time availability is as follows for North of the Border Box Lacrosse:
2/3 - 4 spots available
4/5 - CLOSED
6 -CLOSED
7/8 - 2 spots available
9-11 - 1 spot available

If you are interested PLEASE contact them before showing up. Contact: info@northoftheborderboxlax.com

IF any of the posts are from parents of boys currently enrolled in North of the Border please contact them with any questions or concerns.

For those of you questioning the "Canadians" these coaches are athletes who are from Canada and who grew up playing box lacrosse and still do in addition to playing lacrosse at the college level. Mike Taylor is also Canadian and prior to playing here in the US played in Canada and on the Canadian National Team, his resume and character speak for themselves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please!!!!!!NO MORE KIDS!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They're running a business, and there is plenty of room. 2-3 more boys will have no effect at all on anyone in any of these age groups. Does it really matter if the kids touch the ball 105 times vs. 110? There's 2-3 coaches on the field at all times, for like 17 kids. Nobody is standing around.

I'd be more concerned if there aren't enough boys to run full field games.

And my son picked up on the Canadian accents right away. He was "thanking the organ-I-zayshun" all the way home (anyone who ever watched an NHL interview will recognize that). These guys are the real deal.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
please, no more kids!!!!!!!!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT Box Lax today!! What a great way to play this game. Fast paced, exciting! Can't wait for next week....eh

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
GREAT Box Lax today!! What a great way to play this game. Fast paced, exciting! Can't wait for next week....eh

Agreed! Great program. Boys are loving it!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments must be for the older groups. my son wanted to play indoor lacrosse, so we signed him up for this clinic. they really dont do alot with his group, alot of horsing around and not too serious. we thought they would be running alot and doing alot of drills! my son also plays soccer and when we bring him to an extra clinic outside of his travel team, they work really hard! as they should, this is what you are paying for!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
These comments must be for the older groups. my son wanted to play indoor lacrosse, so we signed him up for this clinic. they really dont do alot with his group, alot of horsing around and not too serious. we thought they would be running alot and doing alot of drills! my son also plays soccer and when we bring him to an extra clinic outside of his travel team, they work really hard! as they should, this is what you are paying for!

Definately not the older group - session was cancelled last week due to circumstances beyond their control. Careful, could be self serving postings by people connected to the program.

Like Reply Quote
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard