BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,687
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 33 of 220 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
There are plenty of us dumb parents throwing cash around for all the club directors to cash in on. Why can't they all just get along?

These directors are not even concerned with eachother. The only people concerned are you tools making up all this crap about them. They have all been doing this for a while and I have never scene any drama on the field between them. All there programs are doing well and all you people to is insight I'll feelings and rumors about all of them. It makes no sense.

Not concerned with one another. You have got to be kidding. Does the kool aid your drinking taste good? CR has made comments in public about SS that are appalling.

CR will be happy, word in my daughters school is the YJ's who were selected for 2017 black decided to stay. Guess we will have to wait until the $$ are deposited and roster is posted to know for sure.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are plenty of us dumb parents throwing cash around for all the club directors to cash in on. Why can't they all just get along?

These directors are not even concerned with eachother. The only people concerned are you tools making up all this crap about them. They have all been doing this for a while and I have never scene any drama on the field between them. All there programs are doing well and all you people to is insight I'll feelings and rumors about all of them. It makes no sense.

You could not be more wrong, if we are all tools, that would make you a power tool. There have been many, many on field or at tournament scenes as well as nasty back channel crap going on, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can see the logic from both camps here, and could care less at this point, but to say they are not concerned about the other is way off.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
With a third team added and more to come, SS now becomes $$

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious- anyone know of any girls recruited to play college (any division) who DID NOT play club lacrosse over the last 5 years? Please no negative responses, thanks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am not mistaken YJ has grown leaps and bounds in the past 4 years even with the existence of TG. Don't really see TG cutting into anything YJ is doing. I heard YJ branching out into another part of the state too!! Hum I guess they are not so worried about all the speculation and drama you people make up.

As for the ill feelings can we just say SOUTHBAY. Maybe that will ring a bell for SS. Seems to me that's where all the drama begins.

Awesome. YJ is expanding and doing great. Then there is no need for YJ members to come on a TG thread defending CR. It is entertaining to read their posts in a car accident kinda way however.
75% of the girls playing YJ are going to be sadly dissappointed, the reality is that for the most part the B,C &D teams are there to subsidize the the chosen ones,plain and simple - there are no more cuts, if you can pay you can play

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Curious- anyone know of any girls recruited to play college (any division) who DID NOT play club lacrosse over the last 5 years? Please no negative responses, thanks.

Alyssa Leonard, Bay Shore, Northwestern, was a softball player through 10th grade and didn't play lacrosse until 11th, so never played club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If I am not mistaken YJ has grown leaps and bounds in the past 4 years even with the existence of TG. Don't really see TG cutting into anything YJ is doing. I heard YJ branching out into another part of the state too!! Hum I guess they are not so worried about all the speculation and drama you people make up.

As for the ill feelings can we just say SOUTHBAY. Maybe that will ring a bell for SS. Seems to me that's where all the drama begins.

Awesome. YJ is expanding and doing great. Then there is no need for YJ members to come on a TG thread defending CR. It is entertaining to read their posts in a car accident kinda way however.
75% of the girls playing YJ are going to be sadly dissappointed, the reality is that for the most part the B,C &D teams are there to subsidize the the chosen ones,plain and simple - there are no more cuts, if you can pay you can play

100 % of your clubs members will be disappointed having to deal with you ,let me guess you will not even mention what club you are affiliated with.Funny thing is I have spoken to many parents who have kids on the so called lower level teams and they were all happy, maybe because it gives them a place to play and get better.If it were up to you I guess these lesser skilled players should not even be playing travel, what a snob.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You could not be more wrong, if we are all tools, that would make you a power tool. There have been many, many on field or at tournament scenes as well as nasty back channel crap going on, you have no idea what you are talking about. I can see the logic from both camps here, and could care less at this point, but to say they are not concerned about the other is way off.

Bet ya can't name one on field display between CR SS and DG. Let's gooooo mouth. I actually observed SS and CR speaking at U-15 and UA with no issues. The only drama is in your mind.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WOW a Yellow Jacket parent called s top guns parent a snob, Now thats funny

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

100 % of your clubs members will be disappointed having to deal with you ,let me guess you will not even mention what club you are affiliated with.Funny thing is I have spoken to many parents who have kids on the so called lower level teams and they were all happy, maybe because it gives them a place to play and get better.If it were up to you I guess these lesser skilled players should not even be playing travel, what a snob.

That's where your dead wrong looks like over 75% or more found a nice college to play for in all recruiting years for YJ. Lots of happy kids

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
YJ has not grown leaps and bounds. Funny that you have 2 blue teams and 2 gold teams but still somehow do not consider the second blue team as the gold team and the 2 gold teams as the original red and green team. CR just gave it different names so parents would pay to be on a gold team vs a C team and a D team. New colors does not mean YJ has grown leaps and bounds. Just parents willing to pay to be on a mediocre team. Truly nothing against the girls that play. Girls should be able to have a place to play, but don't let CR fool you into thinking it is nothing else than a red and green team. It's her way of making money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hope everyone remembered to send their checks in! They're due Monday!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Practice and tournaments are supposed tba on September 10. I'll send my check when I know where they plan to play. How can you pay if you don't even know the tournaments you will attend?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Practice and tournaments are supposed tba on September 10. I'll send my check when I know where they plan to play. How can you pay if you don't even know the tournaments you will attend?
Read the fine print : "In Club We Trust!"

BOTC agrees that now that we have helped to raise the bar on tryout fee disclosures, the community can go farther in disclosing the full year program details including the number of planned tournaments. Now, that said, some tournaments are cancelled from year to year, so you might not get precision in the tournament listing, but progress can be made here for sure.

Please note that this is NOT a Top Guns exclusive issue; just one that has come up in this thread's content.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it says on the site that FALL tournament & FALL practice schedule would be announced on the 10th! Summer will be announced on January 1st!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let's see how long they wait before they realize checks are NOT coming..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

September 10 has come and gone, no news on tournys. They won't post anything until deposits are made.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

September 10 has come and gone, no news on tournys. They won't post anything until deposits are made.

Half of reading is comprehension. The Sept 10th date was fall tournaments. These are over and above, optional, nothing to do with fees, etc.... The Summer dates look to be released Jan 1st according to the website. Don't send your checks in, I know many girls looking for spots to open up or waiting for a spot to move up on teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We must have the same source, I heard all the players were not sending in checks this year, there will be no teams and the club is going to fold.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Half of reading is comprehension. The Sept 10th date was fall tournaments. These are over and above, optional, nothing to do with fees, etc.... The Summer dates look to be released Jan 1st according to the website. Don't send your checks in, I know many girls looking for spots to open up or waiting for a spot to move up on teams.

You comprehend correctly. So, where are those listed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Don't worry, you won't be missed!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When are rosters usually posted, don't say when all the money clears, just would like to see teammates and number of girls.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like my daughter to participate in the Hofstra 7 v 7 tourny, will coaches be setting up anything? Will we hear after deposits are made and team rosters are official?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would like my daughter to participate in the Hofstra 7 v 7 tourny, will coaches be setting up anything? Will we hear after deposits are made and team rosters are official?

Depends on who you are, I hear some of the teams are playing but you had to be one of the lucky ones to be hand selected by the parent coach who got the new rosters.Of course this is only speculation because my daughter was not in this elite selected group ,but this is what I have been told.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi, in years past rosters come out mid fall or so. These fall tournaments have nothing to do with the organization. Small pockets and groups form their own teams and go. The summer rosters are 24 kids, way to big for the fall winter format. Don't wait around to be included, go do your own thing, get a group on your own and enter. The only team central activity the club does is set up indoor winter leaugue play which if you are new to the club, wait for an email. It is put together by the club but that's really the only involvement they have until spring practices.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Depends on who you are, I hear some of the teams are playing but you had to be one of the lucky ones to be hand selected by the parent coach who got the new rosters.Of course this is only speculation because my daughter was not in this elite selected group ,but this is what I have been told.

What about the girls who are on SS's team? The coaches are SS and someone in college...we did get the mass email but not an individual email to play.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fyi, in years past rosters come out mid fall or so. These fall tournaments have nothing to do with the organization. Small pockets and groups form their own teams and go. The summer rosters are 24 kids, way to big for the fall winter format. Don't wait around to be included, go do your own thing, get a group on your own and enter. The only team central activity the club does is set up indoor winter leaugue play which if you are new to the club, wait for an email. It is put together by the club but that's really the only involvement they have until spring practices.

While I understand that it seems in my daughters age group a parent has somehow gotten the roster for 2013 and called all the girls on it minus a few including my own.The players are being told it is a TG team thing which seems wrong to me, I have heard of things like this ripping teams apart.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

While I understand that it seems in my daughters age group a parent has somehow gotten the roster for 2013 and called all the girls on it minus a few including my own.The players are being told it is a TG team thing which seems wrong to me, I have heard of things like this ripping teams apart.

Go back to yj site and look at how nasty it got when 75 percent of a team went down to a MD tourament with the rest uninvited. All the ugly was played out on this website (jy thread), and they weren't even playing under a yj name. It would be very, very wrong for any TG "parent put together" team to enter as a TG team without inviting everyone on the roster. This would cause many hurt feelings and very much divide a team. I would imagine the directors at TG would not allow a partial parent team to enter anything using the TG team name. What I have seen and done is teams or small groups from a travel team form, enter under a different name, usually play up in age group. This still causes many hurt feeling for the uninvited, but at least it has nothing to do with the club name, as it shouldn't.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are nuts and you filling this thread with some outrageous rumors. My daughter has been with TG since the beginning. Like any other business it progresses and develops over the years. I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and Shannon Smith. A lot of the garbage on this thread is people not knowing what they're talking about. Example 2013 group are no longer a team they are done with the program and will be off to college next year. Please cool the jets and lets all have fun and a good time in the 2012/13 season.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are nuts and you filling this thread with some outrageous rumors. My daughter has been with TG since the beginning. Like any other business it progresses and develops over the years. I have nothing but good things to say about Bill and Shannon Smith. A lot of the garbage on this thread is people not knowing what they're talking about. Example 2013 group are no longer a team they are done with the program and will be off to college next year. Please cool the jets and lets all have fun and a good time in the 2012/13 season.

No offense but maybe some of the nonsense happens because people misunderstand others, I took what they were saying as the roster for the 2013 season not 2013 graduation year team.Even so seems unlikely the brain trust would release the roster of a team to a parent without the rosters being posted yet. If true would be a big mistake on all parts ,the Smiths,the parent etc.No faster way to create hard feelings for you and your child ,have your kid be a ball hog or invite 2/3 of the team to special tournaments and practices leaving a few out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A previous poster made a great point. Until checks are cashed rosters will not be released. Checks were due by today. With the holiday and weekend mail being slow, let's assume the evaluators/organizers give it until Friday to receive first payment. Will they email/call those who they did not receive checks from?? Or do they accept the fact that the YJ players who were selected as the chosen just went to the tryout to see Shannon Smith and get a feel of the competition? Since they waited 8 days after tryouts to send out emails to those who made the team anything is possible. And yes- there are quite a few suckups who were given rosters, not hard to figure out. They sit together at every game and critisize those outside of their group, and encourage their daughters to only pass to each other. My daughter is a black team player, the only thing we were told is we will have the same coach so I doubt anything will change. If the practice location were not so close by we would not return but the commute to other teams would not work out for us.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Go back to yj site and look at how nasty it got when 75 percent of a team went down to a MD tourament with the rest uninvited. All the ugly was played out on this website (jy thread), and they weren't even playing under a yj name. It would be very, very wrong for any TG "parent put together" team to enter as a TG team without inviting everyone on the roster. This would cause many hurt feelings and very much divide a team. I would imagine the directors at TG would not allow a partial parent team to enter anything using the TG team name. What I have seen and done is teams or small groups from a travel team form, enter under a different name, usually play up in age group. This still causes many hurt feeling for the uninvited, but at least it has nothing to do with the club name, as it shouldn't.

While I aggree with what you have said, I know of a team of 10 girls playing at Hofstra on Saturday who will call them selves TopGuns the parent coach who organized it only called the people he wanted, He didnt have an advanced copy of the roster, but his daugther has all the phone numbers of girls from last years teams phone and they all texted each other regarding who made what. the kids all know whos on what team. The bottom line is if you want your kid playing in these fall 7 v 7 tourneys you need to be proactive and find a team or make your own. the TG coaches are not going to be reaching out to you

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A previous poster made a great point. Until checks are cashed rosters will not be released. Checks were due by today. With the holiday and weekend mail being slow, let's assume the evaluators/organizers give it until Friday to receive first payment. Will they email/call those who they did not receive checks from?? Or do they accept the fact that the YJ players who were selected as the chosen just went to the tryout to see Shannon Smith and get a feel of the competition? Since they waited 8 days after tryouts to send out emails to those who made the team anything is possible. And yes- there are quite a few suckups who were given rosters, not hard to figure out. They sit together at every game and critisize those outside of their group, and encourage their daughters to only pass to each other. My daughter is a black team player, the only thing we were told is we will have the same coach so I doubt anything will change. If the practice location were not so close by we would not return but the commute to other teams would not work out for us.

I checked my copy of last years roster which I probably printed out the day it was posted and it is dated October 6 2011..doesnt mean anything but....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special tournaments are just that. 7v7 4v4 9v9. How are you supposed to ask the hole team to play, with 20 to 25 kids on teams during summer, playing time is already an issue. Sure some parents will get their panties bunched but what els can be done.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Special tournaments are just that. 7v7 4v4 9v9. How are you supposed to ask the hole team to play, with 20 to 25 kids on teams during summer, playing time is already an issue. Sure some parents will get their panties bunched but what els can be done.

That's exactly right, these tournament do not fit top gun team roster sizes. Do the right thing, invite whoever you want, don't call yourselves topguns, make up a name. Still time, call tournament director and change name. With SS basically running the hofstra tournament I have a very hard time believing she would allow any parent put together team to call themselves topguns, she may not be able to control what teams call themselves at other tournaments, but this tournament she should be able to stop this from happening.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously not that difficult, ask the whole team then divide into what ever size team and number of teams is appropriate.Have seen it many times and only ends up dividing a team when all are not asked. Usually organized by some parent who thinks their kid is better then they are and is above playing with the kids they consider inferior players.I have no problem with a parent coach who asks a few kids from their travel team to play in a tournament especially when combined with kids not on the travel team ie supplementing their town team with friends from travel etc..

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 Black is fielding a team for this weekend. They also played at Dowling this Sunday.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And who is supposed to coach all of these teams with your plan?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Seriously not that difficult, ask the whole team then divide into what ever size team and number of teams is appropriate.Have seen it many times and only ends up dividing a team when all are not asked. Usually organized by some parent who thinks their kid is better then they are and is above playing with the kids they consider inferior players.I have no problem with a parent coach who asks a few kids from their travel team to play in a tournament especially when combined with kids not on the travel team ie supplementing their town team with friends from travel etc..

What you said really doesn't make sense. A parent organizes a team to play in a 7v7 tournament, invites kids from their daughter's TG team. Probably the same parent that always steps-up and likely now dealing with putting down deposits, collecting money..... Somehow you think they should then have an obligation to organize for all the girls on the team who want to participate too...... Doesn't it make more sense for a second parent to step-up and arrange for a second team, one who atually will have a kid playing on the team?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Special tournaments are just that. 7v7 4v4 9v9. How are you supposed to ask the hole team to play, with 20 to 25 kids on teams during summer, playing time is already an issue. Sure some parents will get their panties bunched but what els can be done.

That's exactly right, these tournament do not fit top gun team roster sizes. Do the right thing, invite whoever you want, don't call yourselves topguns, make up a name. Still time, call tournament director and change name. With SS basically running the hofstra tournament I have a very hard time believing she would allow any parent put together team to call themselves topguns, she may not be able to control what teams call themselves at other tournaments, but this tournament she should be able to stop this from

In the end the parent that invites some or most of a team but not all will alienate the kids and parents he does not ask.You are asking for problems and the suck it up and put your own team in attitude only creates hard feelings.For all the infighting I hear happens on that other team seems we keep following in their footsteps.Not a good thing to do no matter what you call the team although I would suggest you call the team
TCO the chosen ones

Like Reply Quote
Page 33 of 220 1 2 31 32 33 34 35 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard