BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Re: Boys 2019- 10th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
If that logic of smaller numbers is true. Not saying it is not, then why the larger numbers at some of the other programs

What program had more than 50 kids at a 2017 or 2018 tryout?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

That year really wasn't that good to begin with. Now with GC kids who left what really type of team will they have?3

I was asking about a different program, but I agree about FL$.

Last year they didn't have a 2019 team. Were these GC kids you like to talk about on the 2018/2019 team last year? They can have one decent 2019 team this year without the GC kids.

Don't know about the 2018 or 2019, but my son was on the 2017 team and, while not Turtles-level, was quite respectable. By my count, there are at least 10 DI commitments and 6 top-20 DIII (may have missed one or two in the past few months). That leaves five (or so) kids that (at this point) are uncommitted out of 21. The average SAT for the schools which these kids are committed to is just over 1350 (on a two-test basis): 94th percentile.

And the 2018 team is very solid as well. they compete with any of the A teams on LI.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FL$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

That year really wasn't that good to begin with. Now with GC kids who left what really type of team will they have?3

I was asking about a different program, but I agree about FL$.

Last year they didn't have a 2019 team. Were these GC kids you like to talk about on the 2018/2019 team last year? They can have one decent 2019 team this year without the GC kids.

Don't know about the 2018 or 2019, but my son was on the 2017 team and, while not Turtles-level, was quite respectable. By my count, there are at least 10 DI commitments and 6 top-20 DIII (may have missed one or two in the past few months). That leaves five (or so) kids that (at this point) are uncommitted out of 21. The average SAT for the schools which these kids are committed to is just over 1350 (on a two-test basis): 94th percentile.

And the 2018 team is very solid as well. they compete with any of the A teams on LI.

How many D1 commits on the 2018 team? 1? 2? I think the best player went elsewhere to get committed to a top IVY.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the 2018 team is very solid as well. they compete with any of the A teams on LI. [/quote]

How many D1 commits on the 2018 team? 1? 2? I think the best player went elsewhere to get committed to a top IVY. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any 2019 teams fold this year?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

I was asking about a different program, but I agree about fl$.

The 2018 team is ok. Compete with any of the A teams on LI? What is your definition of compete?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How is Schwalje as a coach for this year?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And the 2018 team is very solid as well. they compete with any of the A teams on LI.[/quote]

The 2018 team is ok. Compete with any of the A teams on LI? What is your definition of compete? [/quote]

Compete- play competitive games!! That is what they did and will continue to do. 2018 is about recruiting and you need to play good teams in competitive games. That's it!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2018 team is ok. Compete with any of the A teams on LI? What is your definition of compete? [/quote]

Compete- play competitive games!! That is what they did and will continue to do. 2018 is about recruiting and you need to play good teams in competitive games. That's it!! [/quote]

How many D1 commits do they have? 1?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2018 team is ok. Compete with any of the A teams on LI? What is your definition of compete?

Compete- play competitive games!! That is what they did and will continue to do. 2018 is about recruiting and you need to play good teams in competitive games. That's it!! [/quote]

How many D1 commits do they have? 1? [/quote]

so having a commit to Monmouth or Cleveland state is how you judge a team? Maybe waiting for test scores for ivies or necac??

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Compete- play competitive games!! That is what they did and will continue to do. 2018 is about recruiting and you need to play good teams in competitive games. That's it!!

How many D1 commits do they have? 1? [/quote]

so having a commit to Monmouth or Cleveland state is how you judge a team? Maybe waiting for test scores for ivies or necac??

[/quote]

Ugh, most of the Ivies are pretty full. Hope you didn't turn down too many offers. Good luck...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
fl$ ... The program is just not competitive. Most of the teams (especially the 2019s) cannot compete with the top programs in the northeast. They are entered in low-profile tournaments to avoid being exposed. Time has passed them by. All you need to do is look at the limited number of D1 (or any division) commitments of the 2017s, 2018s, 2019s, the numbers don't lie. Without the kids from that one town mentioned, they will be even more painful to watch.

Yes, many of us thoroughly enjoy watching this organization flounder.....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What organization is floundering?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What organization is floundering?

Why would you enjoy seeing the organization flounder? Is it because it hurts the kids? Seriously?? Get a hobby dude! You are a real loser.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ivies are not full and even if they are it means nothing since this class hasn't taken an SAT yet. You will see all the de commuting happening and many spots will open up for the elite student athletes.

How many D1 commits do they have? 1?

[/quote]

Ugh, most of the Ivies are pretty full. Hope you didn't turn down too many offers. Good luck... [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with D1 commits. Is that what you base an organization on. That's sad. How about an organization developing kids so that they get into a good college regardless of what division they are in. Plus why give a verbal when your in 10th grade? Oh so you the parent can tell your friends that your kid gave a verbal. Get a life.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's with D1 commits. Is that what you base an organization on. That's sad. How about an organization developing kids so that they get into a good college regardless of what division they are in. Plus why give a verbal when your in 10th grade? Oh so you the parent can tell your friends that your kid gave a verbal. Get a life.

Ok, I guess having multiple D1 commits on one team only means you have multiple kids that have shown they are among the best kids in their respective grade. If yours is turning down those D1 offers in hopes of something better, more power to him. Either way, your envy shines through...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, I guess having multiple D1 commits on one team only means you have multiple kids that have shown they are among the best kids in their respective grade. If yours is turning down those D1 offers in hopes of something better, more power to him. Either way, your envy shines through...

Seems you missed the point that the other post was making, so OK . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes, It is that simple, the most competitive programs have the most D1 Commits. If you are a decent high school player from Long Island or Maryland, you can get picked up by a D3 with good grades and no club team. You don't need an outrageously expensive, sub-par program to help 'develop your kid'

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I would think you give a verbal in 10th grade because that is what you want. Many kids know what they want to do, if the school offers their major, is desirable and has a lacrosse program they are comfortable with, why not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,I think you missed it. the first part of the original post is a the poster making a point based upon his/her opinion on how programs should be developing and preparing kids - fine. The second part of the post devolves to the typical hate spewing intended to insult parents of kids who have made early D1 verbals. It has no value and will not change anything, including the recruiting status of his own child. Stop rooting for kids to fail and hating on what others have. It doesn't make your kid any better as a player or you any better as a parent. Whether or not ER is good or bad for the game is incidental until the rules change. But just stop pretending all of this ER bashing is anything else but jealousy. And if you are fortunate enough to take advantage of it, I would recommend that you do. Then I bet the perspective changes - pretty quickly.
Stop the hate (and envy...)! quote=Anonymous]

Seems you missed the point that the other post was making, so OK . . . [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No,I think you missed it. the first part of the original post is a the poster making a point based upon his/her opinion on how programs should be developing and preparing kids - fine. The second part of the post devolves to the typical hate spewing intended to insult parents of kids who have made early D1 verbals. It has no value and will not change anything, including the recruiting status of his own child. Stop rooting for kids to fail and hating on what others have. It doesn't make your kid any better as a player or you any better as a parent. Whether or not ER is good or bad for the game is incidental until the rules change. But just stop pretending all of this ER bashing is anything else but jealousy. And if you are fortunate enough to take advantage of it, I would recommend that you do. Then I bet the perspective changes - pretty quickly.
Stop the hate (and envy...)! quote=Anonymous]

Seems you missed the point that the other post was making, so OK . . .
[/quote]

Great post above, right on target. Mine was the original post responding to the post regarding a certain Club's status in the 2018 and 2019 grades. The clubs, and HS teams, are usually judged on how "good" they are based on the number of D1 commits, like it or not. A club is also judged by consumers by the number of kids they commit. The teams from that other particular club only have one or two commits combined from those grade years. In fact, a couple of kids left, and went elsewhere to get a commitment. That's just a fact. Other clubs on LI other than the big two, have multiple commits in those grades. So, if your son's goal is to play lacrosse in college, at the highest levels, he would be better served at other clubs given their track records and the track record of the club in question. This is not an opinion, it is just based on numbers, which don't lie.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like TZ's team floundering ...They didn't have a 2019 team last year but I hope those kids stay together its a little late to find another team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like TZ's team floundering ...They didn't have a 2019 team last year but I hope those kids stay together its a little late to find another team.

The 2019 TZ team is a great group that isn't floundering and will prob stick together now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legitimate question...What is the purpose of the club team? Is it to improve player ability? Player to have fun or get player committed/recruited? I have my thoughts on this subject, would like to hear some other feedback and feelings on the club game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Legitimate question...What is the purpose of the club team? Is it to improve player ability? Player to have fun or get player committed/recruited? I have my thoughts on this subject, would like to hear some other feedback and feelings on the club game.

In a vacuum you want all three. But placement of AAA AA and A along with the business of the game can really deplete the fun factor. Conversely the division of the levels AAA AA and A really do heighten and even separate the focus on Recruiting.

I have yet to truly see teaching over the expectation to just do. even at clinics it all reps and not how to

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If one organization recruits all the best players they should have alot of D1 commits. My kid has been in contact with 10 to 15 D1 schools and he doesn't play travel. Played in the past but never for one of the big programs. So I would disagree with what you said.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then how was your son seen?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
High school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just to give some advice to others. If your son is a good lax player and works hard and you are a realistic parent then all you have to do is get your son in the right position for him. There are plenty of things out there for your kid to do to get noticed. It's not all about the top organizations getting your kid in a D1 program. Don't get me wrong it does help. Do what is right for your kid. Make some contacts on and off the field with lax guys and people will be more then happy to give you ideas. Funny thing is that I have not dumped alot of money on travel and I can write to you and say how proud I am of all of his hard work that he did to get to varsity as a freshman, start and is being looked at by D1 schools. But if he chooses to go to a D3 school that's fine with me. Proud no matter where he goes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If one organization recruits all the best players they should have alot of D1 commits. My kid has been in contact with 10 to 15 D1 schools and he doesn't play travel. Played in the past but never for one of the big programs. So I would disagree with what you said.

Unfortunately, most HS programs do NOT get the kind of exposure you're talking about. If your son is at strong program and played Varsity as a Freshman, that's great. If he's at an average program and receiving that kind of exposure, consider yourself extremely lucky. Lastly, if your son is that good, then he's that 1/10 of 1% of kids. Congrats, an example of "if he's that good they'll find him". For the rest of us, who's kid's had to really work to get some exposure, your method will not work. Mine is a D1 commit, played varsity as a freshman, and had to do many events to get recruited. Without the support of his club, would have never gotten into the top showcases, where was an all-star. His HS Coach didn't even know what those events were, let alone have any ability to secure an invite! Without the club piece he still wouldn't be committed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunate for our program we have hs coaches that care. They have been around and would be happy to help out the kids. In my son's case the hard work payed off. More hs coaches should do the same for the kids. It's a top hs program that he plays for that has always been successful. Very proud parents of all that he has worked for. Just to put it out there he only played in one recruiting tournament and is getting calls and emails from D1 schools. Keep your kids confidence up and encourage him to go get that spot on varsity if that's one of his goals. You can get looks from D1 without having to do travel is all that I'm trying to say. Don't give all of these travel teams that much credit.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fortunate for our program we have hs coaches that care. They have been around and would be happy to help out the kids. In my son's case the hard work payed off. More hs coaches should do the same for the kids. It's a top hs program that he plays for that has always been successful. Very proud parents of all that he has worked for. Just to put it out there he only played in one recruiting tournament and is getting calls and emails from D1 schools. Keep your kids confidence up and encourage him to go get that spot on varsity if that's one of his goals. You can get looks from D1 without having to do travel is all that I'm trying to say. Don't give all of these travel teams that much credit.

If your son did "one" event and got 15 D1 teams interested, that's unheard of, he must be the next Rabil.
Again, your advise is great for a kid at a top HS program, with a Coach that's on the ball and interested in getting his players recruited. Without that support, it is very difficult to get recruited at the D1 level. That's why the club piece is so important. No, I'm not affiliated with any Club, just letting folks know the other side of the story.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your another one of those non believer's. I said 10 to 15 D1 coaches. 43 total emails were sent to him if you really want to know. Maybe you need me to show you the emails. Oh I deleted them by mistake. Unheard of but no you can say you heard od it. What the heck would I lie to anybody about that. I'm as proud as can be of my son. You don't need travel to get looked at by D1 school and that my friend is a fact. 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is good they will find him trust me.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

sounds like a WI parent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great for your son.

There are roughly 215 HS Sophomores (2019) committed top play DI Lacrosse.
It looks like 99% of them play club lacrosse.

BTW. it's not all about recruiting. It is also about developing as a player, making friends and starting to developing a network.

Playing against the best competition is an important component of player development. The reality is, most HS programs are not very competitive and most HS games are played at a very slow pace.

Go watch the top 91 team play Mad Lax National or Laxachusetts. Check the 91 or Express Rosters, you will find the rosters loaded with kids from Massapequa, Syosset, Manhasset, Ward Melville, St. Anthony's, Chaminade and other top programs.

Advising against playing club lacrosse is foolish.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nor saying you shouldn't play travel but that you don't have play travel to get looks from D1 schools. I'm just sick of people saying how many D1 recruits does this organization have or that organization has. Who really cares. Are the kids having fun and are they going to pick a college that suits them is all I care about.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nor saying you shouldn't play travel but that you don't have play travel to get looks from D1 schools. I'm just sick of people saying how many D1 recruits does this organization have or that organization has. Who really cares. Are the kids having fun and are they going to pick a college that suits them is all I care about.

Eastchester middie from Express North committed to High Point. Congrats. I didn't know they played lacrosse in Eastchester?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your another one of those non believer's. I said 10 to 15 D1 coaches. 43 total emails were sent to him if you really want to know. Maybe you need me to show you the emails. Oh I deleted them by mistake. Unheard of but no you can say you heard od it. What the heck would I lie to anybody about that. I'm as proud as can be of my son. You don't need travel to get looked at by D1 school and that my friend is a fact. 2

Ok Daddy. Why so angry? You should be happy. Obviously your son "IS" the next Rabil. One tournament and 43 emails from 43 D1 schools, congrats.
Again, not the typical experience of the average D1 commit. Most need to do many events with club and attend showcases on an individual basis. That is why the club piece is so important. To come on here and give people advise to contrary is just silly. Again, your son is the exception by a wide margin. Not the rule. If you look at the top 100 commits in every grade 95+ percent are travel club players. So by that measure, I would say almost all top recruits needed travel lacrosse. But hey, yours didn't. Be happy, you saved all that money and got the scholarship.

Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard