BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
FCA, Looneys, Crabs. What is the over under on the number of kids on their 2020 teams that are 16/will be 16 before they finish the 9th grade?
NLF Frosh has Crush, Looney's, Crabs, LIE, Leading Edge, NH Tomahawks, Laxachusetts, Edge Canada, Big 4 HHH, Eclipse,Mesa Fresh and wait for it Madlax.
Not sure what the big deal is, Madlax was better than 2 or 3 of these teams over the summer.
well if they lost their better players and its a random three game event I hope they don't play crush looney's and LIE
Ironically, those games are where most of the scouting will happen.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to try a top 10 for the class of 2020?

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

THANK YOU for not including 91 Force on that list.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Crush def attending NLF or is it 91MD ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New year, you never know.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fca
Crush
Lie
Crabs
Looneys
Top five

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE does not belong anywhere near the top 5. Have they ever beaten any HOCO team?

In order:

Crush
FCA
Looneys
Crabs
Hawks
Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
LIE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
LIE does not belong anywhere near the top 5. Have they ever beaten any HOCO team?

In order:

Crush
FCA
Looneys
Crabs
Hawks
Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
LIE

Hawks played crabs close last season, expect they will beat them this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs advantage diminishes once the kids on opposing teams have hit puberty. Holdbacks less of a factor as the kids get older. You can be certain that there will be quite a few on the 2021 team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Crabs advantage diminishes once the kids on opposing teams have hit puberty. Holdbacks less of a factor as the kids get older. You can be certain that there will be quite a few on the 2021 team.

Crabs 2021 is loaded with holdbacks. Just look at who the head coach of Crabs 2021 and you need to go no further. Ryan M just can't have enough holdbacks. Too bad it didn't work out for him this past season when he was coach of the 2020 team.
Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crabs 2021 is loaded with holdbacks. Just look at who the head coach of Crabs 2021 and you need to go no further. Ryan M just can't have enough holdbacks. Too bad it didn't work out for him this past season when he was coach of the 2020 team.
Pathetic.

Sad

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks on every club. FCA has more holdbacks than Crabs, actually. Madlax, too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any team associated with a Baltimore private school is stocked with reclassed kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks on every club. FCA has more holdbacks than Crabs, actually. Madlax, too.

However you define holdback, FCA does not have more holdbacks than Crabs. Crabs has at least triple the amount of holdbacks as FCA.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Keep dreaming

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

However you define holdback, FCA does not have more holdbacks than Crabs. Crabs has at least triple the amount of holdbacks as FCA.

Well I only robbed 2 banks and that guy robbed 6 so he should be in more trouble?????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ah no you are both bank robbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing new in Lacrosse or any other sport. It's been going on for decades. Why do you all continue to beat this dead horse. Jump on the wagon and re-class your own kid or just STFU already.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is nothing new in Lacrosse or any other sport. It's been going on for decades. Why do you all continue to beat this dead horse. Jump on the wagon and re-class your own kid or just STFU already.

Word

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

That is not true.. It doesn't happen in every other sport.. IMHO it is an excuse to cheat.. Definition:
"act dishonestly or unfairly in order to gain an advantage, especially in a game or examination." So maybe you shouldn't be telling people to STFU, it is you and people like you that feed this ridiculousness..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well I only robbed 2 banks and that guy robbed 6 so he should be in more trouble?????????>>>>>>>>>>>>>Ah no you are both bank robbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Good one!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a private school thing! They can afford it and they can justify it. To [lacrosse] with what everyone else thinks - I got mines!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good one!

Bank robbers whose kids are recruited by top colleges...oh well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

Obviously this poster has ZERO idea what they're talking about. Going for DECADES? Do you even know how long a decade is? We'll wait why you Google it.

Did you even play lacrosse? If so, you know for a damn fact this hasn't been going on for decades, as club lacrosse started fairly recently in the timeline of the sport. Furthermore the cancer of holdbacks/double holdbacks etc. all started in the MD club scene. Coaches/parents/administrators just didn't have the backbone to stop it and call [lacrosse].

If your son is a holdback/double, pre first whatever just have them play on age. Is that so damn hard to understand and compute? PLAY UP not DOWN. But ... but... it's within the rules!!! I am within my God given right to have my son play down. Congratulations. You're everything that is wrong with the sport and what it has become.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

Obviously this poster has ZERO idea what they're talking about. Going for DECADES? Do you even know how long a decade is? We'll wait why you Google it.

Did you even play lacrosse? If so, you know for a damn fact this hasn't been going on for decades, as club lacrosse started fairly recently in the timeline of the sport. Furthermore the cancer of holdbacks/double holdbacks etc. all started in the MD club scene. Coaches/parents/administrators just didn't have the backbone to stop it and call [lacrosse].

If your son is a holdback/double, pre first whatever just have them play on age. Is that so damn hard to understand and compute? PLAY UP not DOWN. But ... but... it's within the rules!!! I am within my God given right to have my son play down. Congratulations. You're everything that is wrong with the sport and what it has become.

This is now a high school graduation year forum, and it would not make sense to play up a graduation year at club once you are in high school. There are no "age" groups in high school lacrosse or high school club lacrosse, so how do you define playing "on age". Sounds like you may still be referencing youth sports. There are no age groups in HS sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

You are confused, but it's understandable, because you didn't get that extra year of school.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

You are confused, but it's understandable, because you didn't get that extra year of school.

Obviously. Wasn't struggling "academically" so there wasn't a need.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

Obviously. Wasn't struggling "academically" so there wasn't a need.

And let me guess....a starter at a Top Five D1 program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

This is now a high school graduation year forum, and it would not make sense to play up a graduation year at club once you are in high school. There are no "age" groups in high school lacrosse or high school club lacrosse, so how do you define playing "on age". Sounds like you may still be referencing youth sports. There are no age groups in HS sports.

More holdback nonsense. To the holdback crew it has never made sense to play up. Most people define on age as being in the grade you should be in if you started school at the appropriate age, based on local BoE guidelines and only did every grade once. This results in you typically playing against kids your own age...shocking, I know.

When they were in 8th grade they said "it's grade based, so age does not matter". Now they say "they're in HS so age does not matter"... more deflection. Kids get recruited from their clubs not their high schools. The 14 year old 9th grader is still at a big disadvantage to the 16 year old 9th grader when it comes to recruiting.

To the person who said jump on the wagon and reclass...if everyone did it that would pretty much negate all the advantages. We'd soon see 17 year old HS freshmen.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm fat and overweight (my wife is worse). I'm uneducated and never played a sport. Haven't broken a sweat in 20 years outside of walking to the end of the driveway in my robe to get the mail in the middle of the day.. We admittedly cheated the system and contributed to ruining the sport by holding back our 2019 (summer 00' bday) son..... Oh, hold on the doorbell is ringing ...I'm back...sorry UPS just delivered my boys IVY league hoody we ordered to celebrate his quiet commit... Bahahhahahahhahahhaha. Ahh my court Jesters..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

More holdback nonsense. To the holdback crew it has never made sense to play up. Most people define on age as being in the grade you should be in if you started school at the appropriate age, based on local BoE guidelines and only did every grade once. This results in you typically playing against kids your own age...shocking, I know.

When they were in 8th grade they said "it's grade based, so age does not matter". Now they say "they're in HS so age does not matter"... more deflection. Kids get recruited from their clubs not their high schools. The 14 year old 9th grader is still at a big disadvantage to the 16 year old 9th grader when it comes to recruiting.

To the person who said jump on the wagon and reclass...if everyone did it that would pretty much negate all the advantages. We'd soon see 17 year old HS freshmen.

Anyone basing their education or sports divisions on the BoE, the government, should go back and take that extra year of school. That system is what, about 70 years old! The teams that everyone complains about are about 75% private school kids, so to say the public school grade systems should be the gold standard for setting divisions is a meaningless argument. Aside from a small handful of parents that actually would have their kid repeat a grade for athletics, the age variance these days is based on the private school systems actually evolving, while the government keeps chugging along with a system that was in place before WWII. Private school kids on average are somewhere around a year older than public school kids in the same grade. What if private school parents starting getting on these forums to complain how the younger kids are diluting the talent in the elite divisions - we could really get some action on here!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Word

Anyone basing their education or sports divisions on the BoE, the government, should go back and take that extra year of school. That system is what, about 70 years old! The teams that everyone complains about are about 75% private school kids, so to say the public school grade systems should be the gold standard for setting divisions is a meaningless argument. Aside from a small handful of parents that actually would have their kid repeat a grade for athletics, the age variance these days is based on the private school systems actually evolving, while the government keeps chugging along with a system that was in place before WWII. Private school kids on average are somewhere around a year older than public school kids in the same grade. What if private school parents starting getting on these forums to complain how the younger kids are diluting the talent in the elite divisions - we could really get some action on here!

Merely providing a frame of reference for what people consider on age. If you're arguing that being a 16 yr old HS freshman is "normal" because he's in private school most would disagree.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

Dude whatever. 91 Force is stronger than ever! Stoked and loaded with studs!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

. Loaded with studs??? Don't you mean holdbacks and a few double holdbacks, because that is about all they have. They still have the two cheap shot players, you know, the ones everyone refers to as probably the dirtiest 2020's this past season, they still on BJ team? We all know how BJ operates but most of the players from this past season left, so what other team did he find to raid? Couldn't do Breakers again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

Didn't you forget to add "BOOM!" at the end of that sentence?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax with #1 players in 2018 and 2019 classes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax with #1 players in 2018 and 2019 classes!

Playing for the #1 a-hole in lax. Must be proud. That is why so many kids bolt that club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

I thought 2020 91 was renamed to Rock

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

I thought 2020 91 was renamed to Rock

doh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the youngest Ivy League committ ever. Our boys are part of a great class - the 2020s are a talented group and they are all lucky and get better by being able to play with one another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Congratulations to the youngest Ivy League committ ever. Our boys are part of a great class - the 2020s are a talented group and they are all lucky and get better by being able to play with one another.

I am very sure this young man is very smart. But how can a Ivy league school commit a kid so young. He has never passed a AP class yet. And how could he even know he will be ready for a Ivy league class schedule. Going to a Ivy league school is a hard choice to make for a Sr. and a 15 year old just said he is all in. And Ivy league schools do not give money for sports. What does this tell us about the NCAA and what they call Student Athletes. Unless this kid has skipped 2 grades in class there is no way he has shown he can do Ivy league school work.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I am very sure this young man is very smart. But how can a Ivy league school commit a kid so young. He has never passed a AP class yet. And how could he even know he will be ready for a Ivy league class schedule. Going to a Ivy league school is a hard choice to make for a Sr. and a 15 year old just said he is all in. And Ivy league schools do not give money for sports. What does this tell us about the NCAA and what they call Student Athletes. Unless this kid has skipped 2 grades in class there is no way he has shown he can do Ivy league school work.

Sheesh. Can't we just be happy for a kid who has talent, has worked hard, and has been presented with a great opportunity as a result? What happens from here is up to him.

I don't suspect that there's a lot of Princeton grads on this forum, I'm sure the school and the family can figure it out without our analysis.

Page 12 of 28 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard