BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Yeah his 14 year old has dropped down to 2021.too small and getting beat up by the 2020's.is he still age or grade appropriate to play with the bandits or smash?lol

Wrong person

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

You are wrong to say shame on the coaches, for Bay Shore it works and is necessary. Bay Shore makes a habit of 8th graders playing up and each kid makes the most of it, all playing at the next level. They fit the pieces needed and then some like this years crop, Playing with those 6'1" kids and against them. Just remember Some schools don't have that luxury and are lucky to have them. You may say the are lucky to play varsity I say the school is lucky to hve a ki that can play.

Did Galasso even play a full season in 8th grade or just got pulled up right before playoffs. Lukavic is a better example.

But to say let the older kids have their time is rediculous. Play the better player. You want kids to wait there is always Chaminade and St. Anthony's.

Now if you have only seen 2 then you ain't as much of a follower. Maybe, just maybe you just didn't know they were in 8th grade. Oneill Lukavic Gallasso are 3 for sure but there are more.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will Icon drop, they yes they lost their top player, but picked up a few big kids who are solid players who never played travel. They have a very good group of talented players and a very good staff, will be very surprised if the do drop off. The same attack group who are very talented, same def again who are very strong and the same middies (other than the one who left) but picked up a few good big kid ones, and same goalies. They made 3-4 changes that will help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many more. some people just are humble and dont feel the need to throw a parade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
there are many more. some people just are humble and dont feel the need to throw a parade

Interested in the many more.
How many from the years played in 8th.

How many in 2017's played in 8th
2018's
2019's

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why will Icon drop, they yes they lost their top player, but picked up a few big kids who are solid players who never played travel. They have a very good group of talented players and a very good staff, will be very surprised if the do drop off. The same attack group who are very talented, same def again who are very strong and the same middies (other than the one who left) but picked up a few good big kid ones, and same goalies. They made 3-4 changes that will help.

I agree 100% the team will be absolutely fine. While it's fair to admit we actually lost two top middies, we do have depth, the team added some new kids with size, and the rest of the squad is in tact and will be sprouting! Should be an exciting year!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the lacrosse juggernaut, Franklin Square?

I wonder which school this is. Our school district does not allow 8th grade kids to play JV. Could it be franklin square?

IROCs and gold chains ....
LI version of Prestige WorldWide

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

Agreed. My son is a young 8th grader, and is big enough to play varsity. Just too much pressure for a 13 year old to have to run with 18 and in some cases 19 year old players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I agree 100% the team will be absolutely fine. While it's fair to admit we actually lost two top middies, we do have depth, the team added some new kids with size, and the rest of the squad is in tact and will be sprouting! Should be an exciting year!
Good coaching, and well run team. If I lived near them I would love to have my son try out for that team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good coaching, and well run team. If I lived near them I would love to have my son try out for that team.

If? You can always move. Where is your commitment to your son being the best lacrosse player on Long Island. What kind of example are you setting...that it is OK to accept reality!?!? What a shame....horrible parenting

(and before anyone jumps on this....i'm only kidding. slow day in the office and just trying to give a laugh out there to anyone in the same kind of day)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If? You can always move. Where is your commitment to your son being the best lacrosse player on Long Island. What kind of example are you setting...that it is OK to accept reality!?!? What a shame....horrible parenting

(and before anyone jumps on this....i'm only kidding. slow day in the office and just trying to give a laugh out there to anyone in the same kind of day)
LMAO. Selling my home in Dix Hills to move to RVC and double my taxes so my kid can play DI Ball!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It appears Both Igloo teams and both 91 teams will be much stronger this year. Express made some nice changes and should have a better defense. It should be a fun year. The gap has closed and many will challenge for that top spot. Maybe all the top Long Island teams will stay on Long Island and play each other before summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite 80 Fall event? Do you think all those coaches are coming to watch 8th graders?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are being paid alot-that is why they are there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It will be we represented by Igloo kids. You can be sure of that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone have any thoughts on the Elite 80 Fall event? Do you think all those coaches are coming to watch 8th graders?

YES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo put it together they should get more kids. I'm sure it will be well attended with a good number of the top kids in each class there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Igloo put it together they should get more kids. I'm sure it will be well attended with a good number of the top kids in each class there.

Waste of time, not a recruiting event, and way too expensive! Also, its open to all, so not elite.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Guess your son did not get asked. It is not open to all. Look at the coach's who will be there how much of a waste of time will it be to get some instruction from those guys and get the player in front of them. If you don't think for a moment these colleges coach's are not taking notes of kids in 8th grade but now you don't get. Not saying I agree with at all, but it is what it is. This will be a good thing from the way I see it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
"Guess your son did not get asked" U are a looser. You have to replace your small ego and try and use ur son to make you feel like a big shot. This site was made for people just like you. You most likely live in your parents basement.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Already has waitlist for 2021 midfielders and attack

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wait list ? I thought it was recommendations from your club coach ? Open to all I guess at $380 for the day ?? Are they kidding

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework, the site says 4 attackmen, 6 middies, 2 LSM, 2 Fogos, 4 Defensemen, and 2 Goalies per team. 80 Players max per grade. So play time and exposure will be extremely high. 13 D1 head coaches; coaching and instructing and getting to know your son. My son has gone to other showcases, and I can tell you that no one has a list of coaches like this. So instead of complaining here, don't go; that is your choice, but to say it isn't worth it, is like saying to a one of these to D1 Head coaches hey your not worth 64 dollars a hour. Many of you may pay more for a private lesson. So do your homework before you bash.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This shows that you don't understand the rules... According to the NCAA it has to be open to the public. Do your homework before you bash. You have to know that with this cast of coaches this is going to be well worth it. By the way if your son attends and for some reason talking directly to the Duke coach, or Notre Dame Coach inspires him, because it only takes one moment like that to turn on a light bulb; isn't it worth it..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]"Guess your son did not get asked" U are a looser. You have to replace your small ego and try and use ur son to make you feel like a big shot. This site was made for people just like you. You most likely live in your parents basement.

For good or for bad, there are enough lax parents on LI that don't have to watch how they spend their money . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for Igloo. These coaches will remember the Igloo name. I'm sure it'll be a First Class operation, one that these coaches will remember when recruiting over the next several years.
Plant the seed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a son who is too young for this event. The recruiting process, if he's even up for it and if he has the skill/ability of course, is a few years away but I am curious about how this works.

Would you mind elaborating on what makes this event different from a typical recruiting event? I'm assuming b/c it's Igloo, price is one factor as that club leads the way on costs but aside from that, is the structure of the event significantly different from other more typical recruiting events?

Finally, you mention prospect days but only if the coach has expressed interest. What is the difference b/w a recruiting event and a 'prospect' day. And, as importantly, how does the coach express interest unless your son has already attended recruiting events and prospect days? It seems a little circular to me.

The clubs give the impression that they are the key to getting your son recruited. This is probably the biggest reason we all (or at least most of us) drive ourselves crazy in August trying to get our boys onto these 'AA' teams. Are clubs not as critical as we are led to believe?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
clubs mainly pick kids to win. So size may trump skill and IQ. especially at this age. Sometimes a better all around player will do better at a prospect day then at a TOP tournament where his skill and IQ does not get overshadowed by pure size.

Many times early recruits get committed on the size and you read Raw or once he develops some skills watch out. Many of these kids just cant get on the field in college. Just look up 2013 & 2014 commits and you wont find them on the same college team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good for Igloo. These coaches will remember the Igloo name. I'm sure it'll be a First Class operation, one that these coaches will remember when recruiting over the next several years.
Plant the seed.

Let me guess? Your son plays for Igloo and will be attending the event.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do your homework, the site says 4 attackmen, 6 middies, 2 LSM, 2 Fogos, 4 Defensemen, and 2 Goalies per team. 80 Players max per grade. So play time and exposure will be extremely high. 13 D1 head coaches; coaching and instructing and getting to know your son. My son has gone to other showcases, and I can tell you that no one has a list of coaches like this. So instead of complaining here, don't go; that is your choice, but to say it isn't worth it, is like saying to a one of these to D1 Head coaches hey your not worth 64 dollars a hour. Many of you may pay more for a private lesson. So do your homework before you bash.
Of course there will be a wait list. Do you thing that Igloo will not let one of their own make it over a non Igloo player. So that means 12 attack, 18 Middies, 4 LSM, 2 FOGOS, 12 Defense and 4 goalie spots are already taken. So basically 3 teams of Igloo kids, and one team for everyone else. They have every right to do this, and it is a great PR stunt for them, but set your sites realistically. And no, my son hasn't gotten an invite even though he was recommended by his coaches.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Igloo Players have first come invitation. After that it will be until each grade has 80 players just as someone said earlier. It was described by others above on team make up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All Igloo Players have first come invitation. After that it will be until each grade has 80 players just as someone said earlier. It was described by others above on team make up.

Anyone could sign up, it's not elite....sorry, just another money grad with no recruiting benefit, similar to the event last July in Virginia with 2 tryouts here on LI. If it smells like a fish........

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I only put this here because my son is 2021 and a face off kid. The NCAA Playing Rules Oversight Panel on Tuesday approved a tweak to the faceoff procedure in men’s lacrosse for officials to follow starting with the 2017 season.

The new rule modifies the officiating mechanic used during faceoffs. During the faceoff procedure, game officials will center the ball five inches from the middle of the head of each faceoff player’s stick. The rules proposal, made this summer by the NCAA Men’s Lacrosse Committee, aims to make the officiating mechanic clear and consistent for each faceoff and to enhance the fairness of the faceoff play.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will be a wrinkle this summer. Most tourneys play NFHS rules (or modified NFHS) so this wont affect the FOGOs. But, some play college rules for some reason and this would be in effect. Junior may have to bounce back and forth between rules each week

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is not anyone can try out. It goes to Igloo only first. Then the leftover spots will be offered to others until it reaches 4 teams of 20. Division 1 Coaches running the drills and explaining what they look for when recruiting. I am Not an Igloo coach and Though my Son made Igloo after tryouts. We Picked a different team. It was explained to me when He made the team. Hope this clears it up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then don't go. But if you want the chance to get in front of these coaches, then you would go without complaint. And according to NCAA rules registration has to be open to everyone...which it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. If people don't like it don't go. It sounds like a great event for older kids. The only thing is the Igloo players should be going for free if the team tuition is truly "all inclusive". To pay close to $4,000 in tuition then pay more for this clearly a money maker. Also most 2021 kids will be wasting money and time especially the Avalanche kids.

Then don't go. But if you want the chance to get in front of these coaches, then you would go without complaint. And according to NCAA rules registration has to be open to everyone...which it is.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We were at the Igloo tryouts also and AA was very clear and upfront about this process. As ,like yourself, we chose a different team , but did get an invite and will happily attend.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Correct. If people don't like it don't go. It sounds like a great event for older kids. The only thing is the Igloo players should be going for free if the team tuition is truly "all inclusive". To pay close to $4,000 in tuition then pay more for this clearly a money maker. Also most 2021 kids will be wasting money and time especially the Avalanche kids.

Hey jackoff. You were about your money I'll worry about mine.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That will be a wrinkle this summer. Most tourneys play NFHS rules (or modified NFHS) so this wont affect the FOGOs. But, some play college rules for some reason and this would be in effect. Junior may have to bounce back and forth between rules each week

This "rule change" represents no actual change. Do you really think the refs are going out there with a ruler? My son plays in college and says it's essentially the same.

Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard