BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all agree FCA and Looney's are the teams to beat (team 88+3 is hiding) .. Is there any evidence that any of the other elite teams made significate enough additions to hang with either team during this up and coming fall ball season? Let's assume every player on FCA, Looney's and Crabs all hold backs... Just want to get that redirection over with. Stay on topic.. I would Love to hear that some of teams that were very competitive but not quite there added some players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so much focus on age. What about focusing on size/weight? How is it fair for my son who is 5' and 80 pounds to be beat on by 200 pound defenseman that are 6' 4"? My son is considered a holdback as he did pre first - so age doesn't matter. This is a safety issue that is being forgotten with everyone worrying about what college your high schoolers might not get into before they reach sophomore year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
so much focus on age. What about focusing on size/weight? How is it fair for my son who is 5' and 80 pounds to be beat on by 200 pound defenseman that are 6' 4"? My son is considered a holdback as he did pre first - so age doesn't matter. This is a safety issue that is being forgotten with everyone worrying about what college your high schoolers might not get into before they reach sophomore year.

This is a joke i hope. You decided to sign your son up for a contact sport. My son is small also but that is why we quite football because he was not big enough. You can only push and check in lacrosse. There are many ways for a smaller player to succeed in this game. In football not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think we can all agree FCA and Looney's are the teams to beat (team 88+3 is hiding) .. Is there any evidence that any of the other elite teams made significate enough additions to hang with either team during this up and coming fall ball season? Let's assume every player on FCA, Looney's and Crabs all hold backs... Just want to get that redirection over with. Stay on topic.. I would Love to hear that some of teams that were very competitive but not quite there added some players.

Would seem to be the case. Crabs were the team to beat last season, they have probably slipped the most.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, Looneys, Crabs. What is the over under on the number of kids on their 2020 teams that are 16/will be 16 before they finish the 9th grade?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I think we can all agree FCA and Looney's are the teams to beat (team 88+3 is hiding) .. Is there any evidence that any of the other elite teams made significate enough additions to hang with either team during this up and coming fall ball season? Let's assume every player on FCA, Looney's and Crabs all hold backs... Just want to get that redirection over with. Stay on topic.. I would Love to hear that some of teams that were very competitive but not quite there added some players.

Would seem to be the case. Crabs were the team to beat last season, they have probably slipped the most.

[It will be interesting to see how the Crabs perform under their new coaching staff and with 8 new players. I've observed in the past that the Crabs teams, after immediately playing with RM, don't have the same killer instinct. Mix this with a new staff, and it will be a different team, no doubt. Is it possible they could be better?]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocker.. a loser with an below average player is on BOTC at 5am whining about hold backs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA, Looneys, Crabs. What is the over under on the number of kids on their 2020 teams that are 16/will be 16 before they finish the 9th grade?

For FCA, not many, 4 at the most. Not sure about the others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is the best post ever "not many 4 at the most" 4 kids on one team with permits and driving during freshman year. Only 4 that is the post of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In regards to RM and the 2020 team - there is a reason he is coaching the 8th grade team - its because it is the last year he can really take advantage of the slew of holdbacks he has in the line up.

Regardless - the Crabs program is being surpassed by FCA, Looney's etc. They have figured out the secret holdback sauce and are playing it just as well as the fat crab.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 Crabs team will be different in many ways. Style of play, coaching, scoring, defense. Still top 5 nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 team will be full of holdbacks just like every other crabs team. Yawn. New style of play? Let me guess - they are going to pioneer the Tufts/Brown up tempo style in "youth" lacrosse. How imaginative.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Shocker - a bigger loser is defending holdbacks at 8AM. Better get up earlier - gotta deliver the mail.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was online ordering my boys IVY league hoody while you were busy budgeting for a repeat of last years showcasing and money grabbing events. Enjoy brother. "Boom"!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Watch out for Madlax 2020 this fall.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why should we watch out for Madlax 2020 this fall? Heard they lost of couple of their best players to BW. So I guess when you say watch out you mean watch them only beat the lower level teams and get spanked by all the top teams they claim to be peers with. Even the relationship with Cannons didn't help Madlax 2020 nationals this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Did they gain that many good players after tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was online ordering my boys IVY league hoody while you were busy budgeting for a repeat of last years showcasing and money grabbing events. Enjoy brother. "Boom"!

If you are going to make something up, better to write something that is remotely believable.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You owe me a new keyboard. Spit out my drink! Must have a bunch of kids not listed on the roster waiting in the wings. Awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You owe me a new keyboard. Spit out my drink! Must have a bunch of kids not listed on the roster waiting in the wings. Awesome.

I was going to ask if they were crossing the street!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only way for Madlax 2020 to gain better players is to get them from outside of the DMV. All of the better local (MD/DC) 2020's are already playing with other clubs and didn't try out for Madlax 2020. Only way for them to get better is to air lift in talent from other states.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just stop talking about Madlax, VLC, etc? They both suck and this is the Maryland thread. Start a thread for crappy DC and VA teams please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can we just stop talking about Madlax, VLC, etc? They both suck and this is the Maryland thread. Start a thread for crappy DC and VA teams please.

You can shut up now.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We were told that last season, we watched out for them...they never showed up, anywhere...why would this fall be different?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 Crabs team will be different in many ways. Style of play, coaching, scoring, defense. Still top 5 nationally.

How does humble pie taste? They went into last season claiming to be the team to beat in 2020, and several teams did just that. Still top 5 in Baltimore, not so sure about nationally.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can shut up now.

Why should he shut up? I agree, I am really sick of hearing about Madlax/VLC and other Va and DC teams. Request a separate thread for your area and stay out of the Maryland thread. If you don't know, go look at a map, you will quickly (I hope) see that Va. and DC are not in Maryland. Larry, can you assist here, to give these people their own thread.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

You can shut up now.

Why should he shut up? I agree, I am really sick of hearing about Madlax/VLC and other Va and DC teams. Request a separate thread for your area and stay out of the Maryland thread. If you don't know, go look at a map, you will quickly (I hope) see that Va. and DC are not in Maryland. Larry, can you assist here, to give these people their own thread.

Hmm, let me ponder this for a minute or two. Do Va and DC want their own thread?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

You can shut up now.

Hmm, let me ponder this for a minute or two. Do Va and DC want their own thread?

Yes please.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone want to try a top 10 for the class of 2020?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes VA please

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Now here is my thought.. All of these areas are very close to one another.

I think that VA and DC belong in the Maryland Forum..

Also, I haven't heard from many Va or DC people saying that they wanted their own thread.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Also, I haven't heard from many Va or DC people saying that they wanted their own thread.

Rename it the Mid-Atlantic forum so no one can [lacrosse] at you.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

Rename it the Mid-Atlantic forum so no one can [lacrosse] at you.

That is a great idea, actually.. You are so smart!!! Thanks!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You can shut up now.

YES!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
crush looneys fca lie wcs blue edge sweetlax upstate nh tomahawks laxachusetts many will be at Boys Latin Nov 6 or NLF Long Island Nov 20th.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Frosh has Crush, Looney's, Crabs, LIE, Leading Edge, NH Tomahawks, Laxachusetts, Edge Canada, Big 4 HHH, Eclipse,Mesa Fresh and wait for it Madlax.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NLF Frosh has Crush, Looney's, Crabs, LIE, Leading Edge, NH Tomahawks, Laxachusetts, Edge Canada, Big 4 HHH, Eclipse,Mesa Fresh and wait for it Madlax.
Not sure what the big deal is, Madlax was better than 2 or 3 of these teams over the summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wonder why FCA didn't get an invite to NLF frosh? Is it because they took a bunch of their players and a coach?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure what the big deal is, Madlax was better than 2 or 3 of these teams over the summer.
well if they lost their better players and its a random three game event I hope they don't play crush looney's and LIE

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Crush
Looneys
FCA
LIE
Crabs
NH Tomahawks
Laxachusetts
WCS
Hawks
SweetLax NY

Page 11 of 28 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard