BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,586
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 50 51
Re: Boys 2020- 9th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I agree. And blame the college coaches for accepting them

Yup! Disgusting abuse of power coming out of the mouths of those claiming to "grow the game" FYI: you just shamed the game. And then brag about it on social media? Are you freaking kidding? News Flash: those kids will not be the early recruits, but you just promoted early recruiting????

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the two Brentwood stars, 91 kid and old leg girl, speed training together. I guess you could say daddy coach only coaches who he wants to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw the two Brentwood stars, 91 kid and old leg girl, speed training together. I guess you could say daddy coach only coaches who he wants to.

You my friend are deranged. now you resort to making stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yup! Disgusting abuse of power coming out of the mouths of those claiming to "grow the game" FYI: you just shamed the game. And then brag about it on social media? Are you freaking kidding? News Flash: those kids will not be the early recruits, but you just promoted early recruiting????

What are you talking about. Take your meds. Truth is there are many average 2020 already committed so your probably wrong! When has that org spoke badly about early recruiting ? Answer : never Kids went to a college campus watched a football game and played some lacrosse. Hmm sounds like someone's boy isn't getting recruited as hard as daddy wishes. Relax and enjoy YOUR boy and not worry about everyone else. That's the problem , everyone is worried what everyone else's son is doing instead of focusing on their own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What are you talking about. Take your meds. Truth is there are many average 2020 already committed so your probably wrong! When has that org spoke badly about early recruiting ? Answer : never Kids went to a college campus watched a football game and played some lacrosse. Hmm sounds like someone's boy isn't getting recruited as hard as daddy wishes. Relax and enjoy YOUR boy and not worry about everyone else. That's the problem , everyone is worried what everyone else's son is doing instead of focusing on their own.

Not worried about my son, he's doing just fine in the recruiting process. The problem is that these very average 2021 kids took spots at an invitation only prospect day. These kids brought the level down. There are plenty of kids in the 2020 and 2019 age group who could have actually benefitted from the visit. Check twitter, you will see that this organizations leaders have made comments against early recruiting, then send 2021 kids to prospect camp. Funny, they have also aloud the reclassing of some very good 2020 kids who will now bump loyal 2021 kids from their teams. Hypocrites, cheaters, bad for the sport.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Everyone knows what 91 COACH is a PATHETIC EXAMPLE for the SPORT of LACROSSE .... #PATHETIC91COACH#EGOMANIAC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not worried about my son, he's doing just fine in the recruiting process. The problem is that these very average 2021 kids took spots at an invitation only prospect day. These kids brought the level down. There are plenty of kids in the 2020 and 2019 age group who could have actually benefitted from the visit. Check twitter, you will see that this organizations leaders have made comments against early recruiting, then send 2021 kids to prospect camp. Funny, they have also aloud the reclassing of some very good 2020 kids who will now bump loyal 2021 kids from their teams. Hypocrites, cheaters, bad for the sport.

Great post. Very true. Blow it up on Instagram and now more kids at the tryouts and charge more $$$$. You really think Michigan is looking at 13 yr olds ? When there are Sophs and Frosh trying to make a team ? Embarrassing. You wanna visit and go to a football game fine , the connections are everywhere . But cmon be real. A lot of other kids out there better that don't have the "luxury " of being on ninetyone

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 91 players were from 2021 team not the 2020 team. If these players like you say are good not great (personally haven't seen or know any 21's) isn't that kinda the way Michigan program is at right now? No one committed anywhere they went to visit a school watched a game and played a few hours of lax. The connections people are complaining about are why some clubs are valued more than others. If kids are good enough they are found regardless.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
isn't there a 2021 site for this nonsense!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would say the main complaint should be the fact that this was promoted as an invite only event capping at 40 2020 players that the school was interested in seeing first hand. It ended up being 66 players (2021's unfortunately included) playing on 3 teams with very little actual time on the field to be seen. Great weekend but as we have seen in the recruiting game over and over again, not as billed! It would be refreshing to see a program actually stick to their plan and not fold to certain travel teams.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the 2020s that were there were no what I would consider top tier.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some of the 2020s that were there were no what I would consider top tier.

Top kids noticed at elite tournaments and showcases from Laxachusettes, Tomahawks, Sweetlax, Leg, Crush, FCA. These are many of the same kids that have been on the circuit of college visits and are considered top recruits, narrowing down there choices. Sorry if your kid either wasn't able to attend, or didn't belong there because he was the wrong age group. This was one of the highest level prospect camps my son has attended, and he's been to a few.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you say so - it must be true. I was there and other than the dog and pony show it was a waste of time. What other D1 program has 2021s at a prospect day? The kings of early recruiting don't even do that...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Express Terps one of the coaches sons (not the St. A's coach) has just reemerged as a '21. Pathetic.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hearing Express Terps one of the coaches sons (not the St. A's coach) has just reemerged as a '21. Pathetic.

Same for Crush

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where will they play this fall and in the summer? Both good players. I'm guessing they play with the 20's and the 21's. Schedules will have to be shuffled around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I know for $hit Sure that if i repeated a grade in Middle or HS my friends would have torn me a new a$$. they would probably tear my son a new one if he repeated now. Different world, I no like it but to each his own.. all i can do is write about it in a song.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

Yes, Crush, pitiful

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
McA ?

Yes, Crush, pitiful

Why you ask? Too short . Same fate awaits head coaches kids if you look at parents. You can only hold a kid back so many times before you realize they ain't growing and becoming the 6 foot plus beast that colleges are looking for! Good news is there are always sports like wrestling where it doesn't matter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse people not football. Size is not a factor. In fact many of the best attackman are small as are many top midfielders, while I do not think size matters at attck perhaps it does more in the midfield. The top attack in the world are McArdle Jordan wolf Rob Pannell Joey Sankey Will Manny, Steele Stanwick. the list goes on and on Attacking a kid is weak. That boy as well as the express player will both be more than fine ! Because of the trend and success of smaller attackman it will effect the defensive positioning as well .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Very interesting point never realized how many elite attackman are smaller. Add Matt Kavanaugh Dylan Donoghue to that list as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is lacrosse people not football. Size is not a factor. In fact many of the best attackman are small as are many top midfielders, while I do not think size matters at attck perhaps it does more in the midfield. The top attack in the world are McArdle Jordan wolf Rob Pannell Joey Sankey Will Manny, Steele Stanwick. the list goes on and on Attacking a kid is weak. That boy as well as the express player will both be more than fine ! Because of the trend and success of smaller attackman it will effect the defensive positioning as well .

So your saying now is that colleges are looking for small defenders ? U name a few big name attack men that are short. I'm sure there's a bigger list of ones that are 6'1" +

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep telling yourself size is not a matter. So you named a few undersized attack men with amazing skill. Not many young men can do what those few can ever do. Plan B is take the kids who are big with very good skill . Don't try and justify lack of size. When the option is there , always go bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not saying size doesn't matter just saying of all sports lacrosse is one where it isn't everything That said of you aren't over 6'0 the skill set has to be better. especially with the way unfortunately contact is slowly beginning to be taken away from the sport. Just a healthy discussion supplied with facts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If size doesn't matter, why do you suppose parents are holding back the boys? As other kids grew around these boys, they don't look as good. I agree that there are some exceptional players who are small, but is exactly that, an exception. Smaller kids need to work twice as hard to prove they belong on the field. These parents have no faith in their kids ability and that is the sad part! Sucks to peak as a 7th grader!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh did you happen notice the best attackman (best Lacrosse player) in D1 last year? Molloy, He's 6'2" 235. The next best attackman is Rambo from MD 6'1" 220, Best Rookie attack? Kid from Loyola 6'3" 215, And so on and so on. These guys are match up nightmares for the best Defensemen in the country. Cannot be left one on one. Always doubled. The trend is definitely not to go small. Just the opposite. Can the smaller guys compete, sure. But trend is definitely towards the bigger man.

Keep telling yourself size is not a matter. So you named a few undersized attack men with amazing skill. Not many young men can do what those few can ever do. Plan B is take the kids who are big with very good skill . Don't try and justify lack of size. When the option is there , always go bigger

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd take a fast undersized kid with stick skills and a high IQ over a big meathead any day of the week.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think either examples out shine the other, IMHO... but both are good examples that a good lacrosse player come in many sizes.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two players that sparked this from crush and express are both midfielders so it doesn't apply to them but to keep w convo for every Dylan Molloy there is a much better track record for smaller smarter more skilled attackman That's why Molloy is the exception most and I say most of the most successful attackman the past 5/6 years have been smaller ones. Even a smaller sample size. Top three attackman NCAA lacrosse this year. Molloy Kavanaugh, Donoghue. (2 of which 5'8 ) great topic for conversation because there is NO answer. Success has and will continue to be had by both types

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'd take a fast undersized kid with stick skills and a high IQ over a big meathead any day of the week.

So you are fast to call the small kid fast , great stick skill , high IQ but the big athlete is a meathead ?? I will sound like you .... I would rather take the big , tall , lean , fast and powerful , high IQ , great stick skill player then a small pipsqueek any day.
Size does matter !! ( don't get excited now !!!)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except if the big meat head is a 6'3" 225 Lb. physical specimen and freak athlete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Uhhh did you happen notice the best attackman (best Lacrosse player) in D1 last year? Molloy, He's 6'2" 235. The next best attackman is Rambo from MD 6'1" 220, Best Rookie attack? Kid from Loyola 6'3" 215, And so on and so on. These guys are match up nightmares for the best Defensemen in the country. Cannot be left one on one. Always doubled. The trend is definitely not to go small. Just the opposite. Can the smaller guys compete, sure. But trend is definitely towards the bigger man.

100 percent correct, like it or not (there are always a couple of exceptions) regardless of the sport if you have a bigger man who is a standout athlete, coaches will ALWAYS go with the physical size and strength, its just the way it is. likely the primary reason Crush midfielder was held back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The two players that sparked this from crush and express are both midfielders so it doesn't apply to them but to keep w convo for every Dylan Molloy there is a much better track record for smaller smarter more skilled attackman That's why Molloy is the exception most and I say most of the most successful attackman the past 5/6 years have been smaller ones. Even a smaller sample size. Top three attackman NCAA lacrosse this year. Molloy Kavanaugh, Donoghue. (2 of which 5'8 ) great topic for conversation because there is NO answer. Success has and will continue to be had by both types

I guess you didn't notice the kid from UNC. Cloutier, basically dismantled MD. 6'0" 215. Number 1 attack Molloy 6'2" 235, #2 Cloutier 6'0" 215, #3 Rambo 6'1 220, #4 Spencer 6'3" 200... Big guys are winning awards and Championships. Oh and Lyle Thompson also a 6 footer. Sorry.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess you didn't notice the kid from UNC. Cloutier, basically dismantled MD. 6'0" 215. Number 1 attack Molloy 6'2" 235, #2 Cloutier 6'0" 215, #3 Rambo 6'1 220, #4 Spencer 6'3" 200... Big guys are winning awards and Championships. Oh and Lyle Thompson also a 6 footer. Sorry.
Cloutier the box lacrosse player from Canada?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Except if the big meat head is a 6'3" 225 Lb. physical specimen and freak athlete.

LOL. Lets be honest with ourselves. If you're 6'3" 225 and a FREAK athlete you're taking a full ride for a money sport (i.e. football). Lacrosse is a nice letter and something to do in the spring.

Size matters, sure. Sure does speed, agility, IQ and skill. For every Malloy there is a Sankey. You honestly think coaches or parents are holding their kids back because of their size? No. Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. HS will equalize it all ...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LOL. Lets be honest with ourselves. If you're 6'3" 225 and a FREAK athlete you're taking a full ride for a money sport (i.e. football). Lacrosse is a nice letter and something to do in the spring.

Size matters, sure. Sure does speed, agility, IQ and skill. For every Malloy there is a Sankey. You honestly think coaches or parents are holding their kids back because of their size? No. Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. HS will equalize it all ...
? You answered your own question with "no" but made the case for "yes", this is why we hold back - Simply leveraging the system to gain an advantage and play down vs. up. In other words, make me look good vs. weaker more developed players. Sounds to me like the narrative holdbacks use? No? Yes!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you are fast to call the small kid fast , great stick skill , high IQ but the big athlete is a meathead ?? I will sound like you .... I would rather take the big , tall , lean , fast and powerful , high IQ , great stick skill player then a small pipsqueek any day.
Size does matter !! ( don't get excited now !!!)

Just by your description of a smaller player, I am fast to call you a MEATHEAD, yep, a true MEATHEAD. Pipsqueek, really?One thing may at times be true, size does matter and the size of your IQ is way way low, as are your social skills. Now don't you go getting excited!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Brains always beats brawn. If you have both - more power to you. That combination is rare.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Rambo and Cloutier both under 6'0 and while Spencer is 6'3 he weighs 185 Listen Lacrosse is great because big or small players can be the best

Page 3 of 51 1 2 3 4 5 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard