Rosters Spot Available w/ the LI Outlaws + Legacy Lacrosse Boys & Girls Teams -> Check the Forums/Tryouts Section for More Info!

BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2026-6th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:08 PM
Boys 2028-4th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:53 PM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:31 PM
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 09:12 PM
Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 08:50 PM
Looney's Boys Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 08:10 PM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/19/19 10:44 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,811
Posts256,959
Members2,139
Most Online6,944
Oct 16th, 2019
SUBSCRIBE

FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 51 of 272 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 271 272
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186380
09/18/16 07:26 AM
09/18/16 07:26 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.

you upgraded at attack? i thought you re classified a 7th grader back to 6th grade isn't that true?

and the rest of your statement is just based on what. you are a dad lol [/quote]

This years trend seems to be trading out true 2023 players in exchange for reclassified hold backs. More than just that one attackman. On some teams rumor is they didn't even bother to reclass -- they are 2022's playing down. Unfortunately the sport is heading in a dark direction and until age restrictions and photo IDs are issued like soccer and football-- this trend will continue to get worse. So touting wins this year will be a bit ridiculous.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186389
09/18/16 08:36 AM
09/18/16 08:36 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed. [/quote]

Obviously you are the goalies dad because that appraisal is a few notches above the others. A goalie can take a team from good to outstanding. He didn't do that with outlaws. Sorry to burst you bubble pops, enjoy your they year than come back and give a true assessment of the team.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186390
09/18/16 08:41 AM
09/18/16 08:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.

I'm not sure about all of that, but this is competitive lacrosse. Like it or not, teams are trying to put the most competitive team possible on the field. If you think your son deserves a spot on one of the top teams because he could throw and catch three years ago, welcome to reality. PAL is for the "every one gets a cookie" crowd, but travel, at any age (5 year olds to 17 year olds) is about the best kid at the position. That's how it should be. That's why we pay several thousand dollars a year, to play with the best possible kids for that team. That doesn't mean your son's development will be stifled because he's not on one of the top teams; on the contrary, he may excel play more minutes. But don't hate on a program for doing what they're supposed to do. [/quote]

People Pay to several thousand dollars to watch the best kids play and win a shirt? I thought people pay several thousand because they are getting great coaching to make their son better. If having the best player play during the games means they were trained by some PAL coach who bakes good cookies.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: TommyM] #186423
09/18/16 08:32 PM
09/18/16 08:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue fish is having tryouts again for 2023, anyone know how good this team is or what positions there looking for.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186431
09/18/16 10:03 PM
09/18/16 10:03 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What happened to the Express A team is they upgraded attack with 2 new kids, got one of the best goalies in the 2023 class, and added another great middy. A strong team just got quite a bit stronger. That is what happened. And the coaching group is solid, motivated, and committed.[/quote]

Ok Channy!! Find something useful to do beside trying to protect your brand

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186436
09/18/16 11:06 PM
09/18/16 11:06 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Blue fish is having tryouts again for 2023, anyone know how good this team is or what positions there looking for.

Seems like a couple of teams are still trying to out the rosters. Lots of teams out there now. Why not call express and see if they can have the 27th-30th kids?

Bluefish struggled last year. Don't know what kind of turnover or returnees they had

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186439
09/18/16 11:32 PM
09/18/16 11:32 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryout for the Outlaws, they are looking for Middies, and Defense.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186445
09/19/16 07:59 AM
09/19/16 07:59 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was their first year. This year I heard a few players who are unhappy with their clubs are going over to BLue Fish and they are solid players so I predict this year they will do much better. The players who were there last year look much improved so they are doing something right.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186449
09/19/16 08:18 AM
09/19/16 08:18 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm not sure about all of that, but this is competitive lacrosse. Like it or not, teams are trying to put the most competitive team possible on the field. If you think your son deserves a spot on one of the top teams because he could throw and catch three years ago, welcome to reality. PAL is for the "every one gets a cookie" crowd, but travel, at any age (5 year olds to 17 year olds) is about the best kid at the position. That's how it should be. That's why we pay several thousand dollars a year, to play with the best possible kids for that team. That doesn't mean your son's development will be stifled because he's not on one of the top teams; on the contrary, he may excel play more minutes. But don't hate on a program for doing what they're supposed to do.

People Pay to several thousand dollars to watch the best kids play and win a shirt? I thought people pay several thousand because they are getting great coaching to make their son better. If having the best player play during the games means they were trained by some PAL coach who bakes good cookies. [/quote]

Actually MOST of the parents that pay thousands for their kids to play travel.lacrosse do it because they are delusional that they are all going D1 on full scholarships.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186460
09/19/16 09:25 AM
09/19/16 09:25 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do you know what area they are looking for players at? Nothing is posted on the site except for "Open Tryouts" Do you happen to know what team they need players for?

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186461
09/19/16 09:30 AM
09/19/16 09:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard that kid is a legit DELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.
Good kid from a good family, well deserved.

Thanks dad. maybe you should instill in your son to play out his commitment to his team instead of jumping ship before the season ends. Hope he enjoys being the back up to JS's kid
The kid that you're so capriciously writing off as a backup and commitment breaker is quite possibly the best 2023 faceoff kid in the country. And yes, he truly is a great kid from a very grounded family. Anyone who says that they wouldn't jump at a chance to be the marquee player at your position on arguably the best team in the country at your age level is lying.

And NO, I am absolutely not his father/uncle/mom/sister/whatever. I'm somebody who has seen him play quite a few times and been around a ton of youth lacrosse.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 09/19/16 10:08 AM.
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186462
09/19/16 09:37 AM
09/19/16 09:37 AM
NY
T
TommyM Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

NY

How do you know what area they are looking for players at? Nothing is posted on the site except for "Open Tryouts" Do you happen to know what team they need players for?

I have an idea.. contact Pat Brennan directly. OR you can listen to what is said here, a terrible plan.

Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186463
09/19/16 09:40 AM
09/19/16 09:40 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard that kid is a legitDELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.

Thanks dad. maybe you should instill in your son to play out his commitment to his team instead of jumping ship before the season ends. Hope he enjoys being the back up to JS's kid
The kid that you're so capriciously writing off as a backup and commitment breaker is quite possibly the best 2023 faceoff kid in the country. And yes, he truly is a great kid from a very grounded family. Anyone who says that they wouldn't jump at a chance to be the marquee player at your position on arguably the best team in the country at your age level is lying.

And NO, I am absolutely not his father/uncle/mom/sister/whatever. I'm somebody who has seen him play quite a few times and been around a ton of youth lacrosse.

The Badgers DELETED is really a 7th grader. Anothet BS move. Play your kids at the grade/age they should be at.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 09/19/16 10:07 AM. Reason: Somehow I get the feeling that your kid is at risk.. What's your kids name, fool?
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186467
09/19/16 10:03 AM
09/19/16 10:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Heard that kid is a legit DELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.

The Badgers DELETED is really a 7th grader. Anothet BS move. Play your kids at the grade/age they should be at.
Think you quoted the wrong post.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; 09/19/16 10:07 AM. Reason: Nice way to call out a kid!! Why not name yours?
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017 [Re: Anonymous] #186470
09/19/16 10:30 AM
09/19/16 10:30 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was their first year. This year I heard a few players who are unhappy with their clubs are going over to BLue Fish and they are solid players so I predict this year they will do much better. The players who were there last year look much improved so they are doing something right.

How many teams does bluefish have at 2023 age group?

Page 51 of 272 1 2 49 50 51 52 53 271 272