BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 102 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Heard that kid is a legit DELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.
Good kid from a good family, well deserved.

Thanks dad. maybe you should instill in your son to play out his commitment to his team instead of jumping ship before the season ends. Hope he enjoys being the back up to JS's kid
The kid that you're so capriciously writing off as a backup and commitment breaker is quite possibly the best 2023 faceoff kid in the country. And yes, he truly is a great kid from a very grounded family. Anyone who says that they wouldn't jump at a chance to be the marquee player at your position on arguably the best team in the country at your age level is lying.

And NO, I am absolutely not his father/uncle/mom/sister/whatever. I'm somebody who has seen him play quite a few times and been around a ton of youth lacrosse.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; .
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Blue fish is having tryouts again for 2023, anyone know how good this team is or what positions there looking for.

tryout for the Outlaws, they are looking for Middies, and Defense.

How do you know what area they are looking for players at? Nothing is posted on the site except for "Open Tryouts" Do you happen to know what team they need players for?

I have an idea.. contact Pat Brennan directly. OR you can listen to what is said here, a terrible plan.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that kid is a legitDELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.

Thanks dad. maybe you should instill in your son to play out his commitment to his team instead of jumping ship before the season ends. Hope he enjoys being the back up to JS's kid
The kid that you're so capriciously writing off as a backup and commitment breaker is quite possibly the best 2023 faceoff kid in the country. And yes, he truly is a great kid from a very grounded family. Anyone who says that they wouldn't jump at a chance to be the marquee player at your position on arguably the best team in the country at your age level is lying.

And NO, I am absolutely not his father/uncle/mom/sister/whatever. I'm somebody who has seen him play quite a few times and been around a ton of youth lacrosse.

The Badgers DELETED is really a 7th grader. Anothet BS move. Play your kids at the grade/age they should be at.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Somehow I get the feeling that your kid is at risk.. What's your kids name, fool?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that kid is a legit DELETED, played for outlaws and then had the opportunity to play with 91.

The Badgers DELETED is really a 7th grader. Anothet BS move. Play your kids at the grade/age they should be at.
Think you quoted the wrong post.

Last edited by CJ Orlando; . Reason: Nice way to call out a kid!! Why not name yours?
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue fish is having tryouts again for 2023, anyone know how good this team is or what positions there looking for.

Last year was their first year. This year I heard a few players who are unhappy with their clubs are going over to BLue Fish and they are solid players so I predict this year they will do much better. The players who were there last year look much improved so they are doing something right.

How many teams does bluefish have at 2023 age group?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how was recons supplement tryouts?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Last year was their first year. This year I heard a few players who are unhappy with their clubs are going over to BLue Fish and they are solid players so I predict this year they will do much better. The players who were there last year look much improved so they are doing something right.

I think it was hit or miss w/ BF coaches last year, which is to be expected in their first year I guess. Seemed there was turmoil on the 2024 team, and the coaches for the 2021 team were "OK". Their other teams seemed to do well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

tryout for the Outlaws, they are looking for Middies, and Defense.

How do you know what area they are looking for players at? Nothing is posted on the site except for "Open Tryouts" Do you happen to know what team they need players for?

Just got an email that they are looking for Middies and Defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I think it was hit or miss w/ BF coaches last year, which is to be expected in their first year I guess. Seemed there was turmoil on the 2024 team, and the coaches for the 2021 team were "OK". Their other teams seemed to do well.

The Bluefish 2023 team lost about 90% of their games. I know it isn't all about wins and losses, but I don't think that qualifies doing well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Bluefish 2023 team lost about 90% of their games. I know it isn't all about wins and losses, but I don't think that qualifies doing well.

Let me restate: I think all of the HS age teams did well. I think all of the lower aged teams struggled, and they look to be having issues filling the 2021 and down teams based upon the supplemental tryouts E-Mail I just got from BOC!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Let me restate: I think all of the HS age teams did well. I think all of the lower aged teams struggled, and they look to be having issues filling the 2021 and down teams based upon the supplemental tryouts E-Mail I just got from BOC!

Bluefish had one team(2019) that competed well last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

Every knows AJ doesn't have say in who makes that team. The badgers practice is he only one where you'll see Mrs AJ carrying AJ balls out on the field.

WOW!!! Too funny. Get some balls AJ

AJ is just not kind of guy. "Keep the peace". He never does the right thing and is controlled by external voices in his ear. The team suffers as a result and will continue to suffer as a result. Cutting those boys after they have been on that team for years only to improve at best, marginally, was just a horrible display of the payback for loyalty. His own kid takes the spoy of better players. If he had any sort of moral backbone, his kid would be playing on a C team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

Every knows AJ doesn't have say in who makes that team. The badgers practice is he only one where you'll see Mrs AJ carrying AJ balls out on the field.

AJ is just not kind of guy. "Keep the peace". He never does the right thing and is controlled by external voices in his ear. The team suffers as a result and will continue to suffer as a result. Cutting those boys after they have been on that team for years only to improve at best, marginally, was just a horrible display of the payback for loyalty. His own kid takes the spoy of better players. If he had any sort of moral backbone, his kid would be playing on a C team.

This is travel lacrosse, guy. There's no loyalty. Kids get cut when they can't keep up with the rest of the team. Doesn't matter how long they were there. Being one of 20 kids that can throw and catch at 8 doesn't secure a kid a spot for life. That's not how it works. The forces of competition should dictate rosters.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm
This is travel lacrosse, guy. There's no loyalty. Kids get cut when they can't keep up with the rest of the team. Doesn't matter how long they were there. Being one of 20 kids that can throw and catch at 8 doesn't secure a kid a spot for life. That's not how it works. The forces of competition should dictate rosters.

That's right...,the forces of competition SHOULD dictate rosters. Too bad the reality of the situation is that they don't.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how was recons supplement tryouts?

I heard Recon is doing 2 teams this year for 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a B and a C team!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a B and a C team!

The A team is north and east of them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They picked up some good players this year who were tired of the big club BS. And directors are standup guys. I think they will be a team to watch! as the cut throat mentality continues at other clubs more will come !!! They could surprise everyone in a few years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They picked up some good players this year who were tired of the big club BS. And directors are standup guys. I think they will be a team to watch! as the cut throat mentality continues at other clubs more will come !!! They could surprise everyone in a few years.

Recon is doing the same. They'll get better each year. The big clubs have lost a lot of players because the big club owners lie to the parents and play bait and switch too often.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True dat! The lies deceit and politics is starting to get old. We don't need anymore helmets on the wall or free tshirts at this level -- most are already in the garbage! Kids want to settle in and grow with a team. There will always be minor movements for various reasons - but people are sick of the major roster changes and a dreaded tryout season waiting to see where the ax lands next. So many clubs are offering a healthier environment fortunately for all of us!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True dat! The lies deceit and politics is starting to get old. We don't need anymore helmets on the wall or free tshirts at this level -- most are already in the garbage! Kids want to settle in and grow with a team. There will always be minor movements for various reasons - but people are sick of the major roster changes and a dreaded tryout season waiting to see where the ax lands next. So many clubs are offering a healthier environment fortunately for all of us!

And they're tired of their kids not getting a participation trophy after the season, too!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does your team practice? Once a week in fall, once a week in winter, then ramp it in spring. Is that the normal?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And they're tired of their kids not getting a participation trophy after the season, too!

Nah- plenty of those too. No room left on the shelf. Just want our kids to play hard, develop and skip all the BS.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the most popular fall tournaments & what teams will be going to these tournaments?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How often does your team practice? Once a week in fall, once a week in winter, then ramp it in spring. Is that the normal?

That's typically how most if the good programs do it. There should be at least 1 practice now a week leaving into the winter. Then a min of 2 practices a week during the spring and summer, gearing up for all the tournaments. At this age, they need to develop not only on an indv level, but as a team as well, and the only way to do that through practice.

Some programs do go overboard saying 50 practices, but in reality you should have 20-30 practices in a year with your team. if your not, i would ask questions, after all you are paying for it and they should want your kids to development, after all it helps there club name.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's typically how most if the good programs do it. There should be at least 1 practice now a week leaving into the winter. Then a min of 2 practices a week during the spring and summer, gearing up for all the tournaments. At this age, they need to develop not only on an indv level, but as a team as well, and the only way to do that through practice.
Some programs do go overboard saying 50 practices, but in reality you should have 20-30 practices in a year with your team. if your not, i would ask questions, after all you are paying for it and they should want your kids to development, after all it helps there club name.

20-30 practices for $2500 fee? You are better off going to clinics for the whole year. It's cheaper and your son gets more reps.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

20-30 practices for $2500 fee? You are better off going to clinics for the whole year. It's cheaper and your son gets more reps.

i agree, but who is paying $2500 except the "top 4" clubs. The average club on LI is around $1600. if i am paying $2500 or more, then i am expecting a lot more then just practices for that cost.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah a B and a C team!

The A team is north and east of them.

Who is that?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
C'mon - you get 2 helmets, 3 jerseys, and down payment on a new boat for the clubu director! What's not to like?!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to clinics all yr maybe cheaper. My son loves his teammates, made a whole bunch of new friends, and loves playing games and going to tournaments. I can't see taking that away from him to save a few hundred bucks over the course of the year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Practicing once a week in the fall and winter alone will get you 20-25 practices. Once a week in March and April is another 8 more. Then twice a week in May, June and Half of July is another 20 more. Getting in 50 practices is not going overboard. I think that's s reasonable/achievable number. Most of the boys play football in the fall, I imagine, so going twice a week is probably a bad idea. Fall tournaments are meaningless anyway. Last year I put my guy in some trainings in the winter to go along with his weekly practice. I saw a big difference. The most important thing is making sure your son wants to go. If he ever tells you he doesn't want to go to practice then you're probably burning him out. It happens pretty often and generally means dad wants it a lot more than the kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Going to clinics all yr maybe cheaper. My son loves his teammates, made a whole bunch of new friends, and loves playing games and going to tournaments. I can't see taking that away from him to save a few hundred bucks over the course of the year.

Wake up, if he is one of the 4 top clubs he'll be cut or so will his friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any good clinks over the winter?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sports Hub. Syosset rules.
Global Sports. Sharp shooter

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wake up, if he is one of the 4 top clubs he'll be cut or so will his friends.

Unless he's just better than your kid, Mr. Bitter.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Anyone been to one of these clinics?
If yes, any input?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Global Sports. Sharp shooter is for up to 5th grade

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here's a good clinic... bring your kid to a high school wall and have him do wall ball for an hour.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agree!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Serious question. Do you think it's better to do wall ball or pitch back? An please say why. My son does a pitch back but I wanted to see if he would get more out of the wall. Thanks

Page 20 of 102 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard