BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,271
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58
Re: Early Recruiting
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Did you ever think some kids go D3 because of the academics these schools supply. For some, it's not all about lacrosse like you moron.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
total jaggoff. theres no way that's serious, minor league.....my [lacrosse]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Limestone is D2. Got news for you- all of college lacrosse is minor league as you say. What does a Hopkins-Maryland game draw ? 9,000 in great weather. D3 football St.John's College-St.Thomas in Minnesota out draws that every year. Other than a few big D1 schools who play in football stadiums, majority play on the equivalent of high school fields with fewer fans than my kid's HS team draws. Even the MLL ain't " major league" despite what their name states. Oh, and Tufts still beats UMass-Lowell.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
So I guess my younger child can get ready for the "all in" guys kid to be his summer coach in a few years after he finishes his illustrious playing career.

No chance tool time, no chance.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not to stir the pot but i know a bunch of kids who went to stony brook, maryland, syracuse and another kid who went to stevens. the only one who left college with a meaningful JOB after graduation was the stevens kid. Choose wisely, lacrosse only pays the bills for a few.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
total jaggoff. theres no way that's serious, minor league.....my [lacrosse]

Hey d bag, are you trying to tell us that your [lacrosse] is minor league? Go no further, you have all of us convinced. Just like D3 is right there with you, minor league.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You have NO IDEA what you're talking about! Did you ever think some kids go D3 because of the academics these schools supply. For some, it's not all about lacrosse like you moron.

Well peckerhead, you need to pay better attention. We were discussing the level of play and which division is stronger in lacrosse. Academics is another topic completely but you need to stop trying to mix them together.
If you want to mix them, I would rather see a kid go to an Ivy that maybe has a weaker lax program than to go to Salisbury University, which has a weak academic standing but a strong lax D3 program. Not that complicated when you pay attention.
So see, I do have AN IDEA what I am talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think many of you are angry because you already know deep down that your kid does not have what it takes to be great at lacrosse. For all of us who know otherwise, we also know that training by a passionate and accomplished player, whether HS or college, will greatly enhance our sons ambitions to be great. It is money well spent. I am not well off, but I tried to scrape the money together to have my son trained. It really paid off, and I truly believe it was an integral part of his success. Now he trains, and is giving his knowledge and enthusiasm to the next wave! You people need to stop crying, you sound pathetic!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any of you morons that think a top D3 like Tufts, Amherst, RIT, Salisbury, etc cant hang with mid to lower D1 programs youve obviously never seen them play. Furthermore a degree from one of those schools is like gold, as compared to a degree from one of these mediocre lax schools. Get a clue, there is no life after 4 years of college lacrosse no matter what division you play, its all about academics and setting your kid up for the real world. I cannot believe how stupid some of you are........Id be ecstatic to say my kid got into one of those top D3 schools

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So Salisbury, Tufts, RIT, Limestone couldn't beat a NJIT, Umass-Lowell, Cleveland State or even a Wagner ? You are not very informed my friend.

No matter how you say it, how you put it, Salisbury, Tufts, RIT and Limestone are still D3, the minor league of college men's lacrosse. Like it or not, that's what it is and will forever be.

Who cares?

I'd rather have my kid play at Williams than Denver, Amherst than Maryland. Wouldn't you?

1000 percent agree

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money on individual training. Much easier to make your son great by holding him back a year or two in school.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Save your money on individual training. Much easier to make your son great by holding him back a year or two in school.

And HGH. Some Adderall can't hurt either.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
make sure its a D1 player minimum. D2 or D3 kids don't know how to play.

Tufts, Salisbury, etc can beat most of the D1 schools, those boys can play!! They go to college for academics, not full time gym classes.

If you think going to Salisbury is for strong academics, you are way off the mark. That school is very week in the academic area. Probably the weakest Md. state school in the Md. University system.

I went to Salisbury and played for Berkman, and I made over 1 million dollars last year. The point being is that I played the game I love, and then found a career I love becaused I followed passion. I have friends who went IVY, Virginia, NC, and don't even make enough to buy a home for their family. The ones who suffered were their parents who wasted their money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whoa, now we have salary stating on BOTC! What's next junk size? Get a life folks, Bama playing the Rebels.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tufts, Salisbury, etc can beat most of the D1 schools, those boys can play!! They go to college for academics, not full time gym classes.

If you think going to Salisbury is for strong academics, you are way off the mark. That school is very week in the academic area. Probably the weakest Md. state school in the Md. University system.

I went to Salisbury and played for Berkman, and I made over 1 million dollars last year. The point being is that I played the game I love, and then found a career I love becaused I followed passion. I have friends who went IVY, Virginia, NC, and don't even make enough to buy a home for their family. The ones who suffered were their parents who wasted their money.

Never realized that Grindr paid so well. Congrats!

Stop tooting your horn.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tool. Guess what? There are guys that didn't go to college who make millions. You missed the point. If I'm paging through a stack of resumes of kids right out of college I'm interviewing the ones that went to Brown, Virginia, UNC. The Salisbury one is going in the garbage. Where you went to college is no guarantee of success. But it sure is going to help if you went to a better one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Tool. Guess what? There are guys that didn't go to college who make millions. You missed the point. If I'm paging through a stack of resumes of kids right out of college I'm interviewing the ones that went to Brown, Virginia, UNC. The Salisbury one is going in the garbage. Where you went to college is no guarantee of success. But it sure is going to help if you went to a better one.

I take it you went to Virginia or UNC? Although good schools, they are certainly not tops! Let's talk Harvard, Priceton, UPenn. I think that's what you meant. The way your talking UNC and Virgina hit the circular file as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

News flash******* nobody is going to apply for a job with you who went to Brown.
You missed the other posts point.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I take it you went to Virginia or UNC? Although good schools, they are certainly not tops! Let's talk Harvard, Priceton, UPenn. I think that's what you meant. The way your talking UNC and Virgina hit the circular file as well

(LOL at this Penn guy.)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for 98% of most kids the ivies aren't realistic, so why so much talk on here like the kids are all world players or ivy league caliber.

lets talk about the 98% that go to the Fairfields, Mercys and the SUNY's That's way more realistic for almost everyone on here

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
for 98% of most kids the ivies aren't realistic, so why so much talk on here like the kids are all world players or ivy league caliber.

lets talk about the 98% that go to the Fairfields, Mercys and the SUNY's That's way more realistic for almost everyone on here

No way, don't waste time on them. Most will be homeless or in prison by 30 anyway.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No way, don't waste time on them. Most will be homeless or in prison by 30 anyway.

Says the beer guzzling dad with a blue tarp on his roof and is behind on his mortgage payments but his kid plays travel lacrosse. The dad that doesn't know any of his kids grades or teachers but he does know his kid won 5 ground balls and had two goals in his last lax game. Must be a long island thing

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are putting Fairfield in same sentence with Mercey and SUNY. Ridiculous

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why not? if you want to imply that Fairfield admission standard is tough like it used to be you are nuts. they essentially go by zip code . that's the only number that matters now. far different than yrs ago....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Obviously someone hasn't visited colleges recently. Tip #1- always look for a school that is adding new fields, new dorms, and improving every year. Tip #2- go visit when school is IN SESSION, this allows both parent and prospect to get a better feel of the campus and other students. Talk to a few team members out of ear shot from the coach, ask questions and don't ever walk away saying "I should have asked". There are some great D2 hidden jewels out there, look at them!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the beer guzzling dad with a blue tarp on his roof and is behind on his mortgage payments but his kid plays travel lacrosse. The dad that doesn't know any of his kids grades or teachers but he does know his kid won 5 ground balls and had two goals in his last lax game. Must be a long island thing

Lmao. And I'm from LI

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Fairfield, Providence, Loyola, St. Joe's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lighten up zippy. It was a joke. You're too serious. That's why nobody likes you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
why not? if you want to imply that Fairfield admission standard is tough like it used to be you are nuts. they essentially go by zip code . that's the only number that matters now. far different than yrs ago....

You're a boob. The only numbers that matter is percentage of graduating seniors being employed or attending grad school. Many good schools have made it difficult to attend due to tuition, room and board etc. it's not just Fairfield. My son had some excellent D3 offers from top academic schools. We had to pass on them because they were need based only financial aid. Only families who could afford the tuition or were living close to the poverty line could attend. Most of the middle class would not be able to afford it. Especially if you have multiple kids.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I resent that! I do know that my son made a A in PE , rest of grades are meaningless. And it was 6 ground balls for your information!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's more like 80%-90%, but I think your general point stands.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Undergraduate enrollment at the Ivies is less than 100k combined, Harvard's acceptance rate is 5.9%, I think the OP is correct.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Undergraduate enrollment at the Ivies is less than 100k combined, Harvard's acceptance rate is 5.9%, I think the OP is correct.

I mean more that you have to have an SAT of at least ~1300ish (around the 85th percentile) in order to be recruited to the Ivies in a sport like lacrosse. Harvard's overall acceptance rate has zero bearing on recruited athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're a boob. The only numbers that matter is percentage of graduating seniors being employed or attending grad school. Many good schools have made it difficult to attend due to tuition, room and board etc. it's not just Fairfield. My son had some excellent D3 offers from top academic schools. We had to pass on them because they were need based only financial aid. Only families who could afford the tuition or were living close to the poverty line could attend. Most of the middle class would not be able to afford it. Especially if you have multiple kids.

That just not true. Top Nescac schools will find money for high caliber players. How do you think they are so good???

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That just not true. Top Nescac schools will find money for high caliber players. How do you think they are so good???

Some but not all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It cost my nephew 25k to go to a NESCAC school. They do find money for you. They found " need based " money. My brother makes 250k his wife about 125k. According to every chart and forms I've seen they don't fit the criteria. He was a very good not great high school player and had a good not great college career. Those schools are all very good. Some would argue that it's also the best conference in Division 3.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

SUNY Binghamton, absolutely.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nephew plays lacrosse at Mercy. Chose it over Post. Handsome new school that offered very generous package, athletes all very close knit. Incredible business, PA and speech therapy program. Niece is not an athlete but planning on attending next year. Both guaranteed internships in the city over the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Binghamton grads are always welcome at my firm. They work hard, are very fast learners and don't need a lot of hand holding. Our success rate with Bing U grads is very high. Why? I'm really not certain but that's been our experience.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Binghamton grads are always welcome at my firm. They work hard, are very fast learners and don't need a lot of hand holding. Our success rate with Bing U grads is very high. Why? I'm really not certain but that's been our experience.

Bing and SB are very unique SUNY schools that have lacrosse. I am not sure id compare them to Fairfield or Mercy.

Now if you are talking more local schools what about Sacred Heart Manhattan Adelphi or St Joes at D3

Like Reply Quote
Page 26 of 58 1 2 24 25 26 27 28 57 58
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard