Rate Thread
Page 11 of 25 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 24 25
Re: For the Love of the Game Lacrosse
Anonymous #18637 09/15/12 10:51 PM
L
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
L
Sorry to hear that your experience was not a good one with fl$. We have experienced not making teams, gossiping parents, fixed tryouts and unbelievable politics, but NOT with fl$. They do promote good values to the kids and I agree that fl$ should have called the kids that did NOT make the team and the kids who did make the team could've gotten an email, that is constructive feedback... but if you don't like the program, then no need to tryout or go back to that team. There are teams we will NEVER tryout for and that is our prerogative. The families on our team are wonderful and we are a close bunch.... we make the team a great one, the club just brought us together and the coaches train the kids. We don't win all the time, but we have a [lacrosse] of a time watching the kids play lacrosse and spending time together. We the parents set the values, not the club.

Like Reply Quote
BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Laxanity #18638 09/15/12 11:28 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I would have to agree...

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #18715 09/17/12 11:45 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New fl$ Easton Helmet $200 (i.e. fl$ raised the price $200 from the prior year)

Mandatory fl$ Headwrapz for $50.....

Helmet is recalled by Easton....then as a consolation prize they give out Easton heads (unstrung) and shafts that not one kid used or wanted. Priceless!

Like Reply Quote
Laxanity #19004 09/20/12 06:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Totally agree and as for this poster calling the girls teams walk-on that may be true for a couple of players they have trouble attracting talent because of the price point but the core group is solid and has alot of lax talent. We don't claim to be YJ's and you know what we are ok with it. We have also a close bunch, great kids everyone gets along and we love watching the kids play. What is the matter with everyone these days? Why does everyone feel that they need to rip everyone apart all the time? Do you see any fl$ parents on here complaining about the program, that it was terrible, that they never would go back? I don't feel ripped off. My daughter loves fl$, her friends, her coaches and so do I. Why does lacrosse always have to be about being D1 level. I know my kids is not and it's fine. If we like our club then you should not care so much. Everyone on here sounds like a bunch of parents that have kids that were cut and I feel sorry for the kids but anyone who is part of lax knows you have your kid try out for more than one team. It is what it is. Enjoy your winter lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19036 09/21/12 08:14 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Totally agree and as for this poster calling the girls teams walk-on that may be true for a couple of players they have trouble attracting talent because of the price point but the core group is solid and has alot of lax talent. We don't claim to be YJ's and you know what we are ok with it. We have also a close bunch, great kids everyone gets along and we love watching the kids play. What is the matter with everyone these days? Why does everyone feel that they need to rip everyone apart all the time? Do you see any fl$ parents on here complaining about the program, that it was terrible, that they never would go back? I don't feel ripped off. My daughter loves fl$, her friends, her coaches and so do I. Why does lacrosse always have to be about being D1 level. I know my kids is not and it's fine. If we like our club then you should not care so much. Everyone on here sounds like a bunch of parents that have kids that were cut and I feel sorry for the kids but anyone who is part of lax knows you have your kid try out for more than one team. It is what it is. Enjoy your winter lacrosse.

Read this whole thread and you will find fl$ parents who are not happy. You will also find out real quickly how many of their girls left from last year. They may not be on BOTC, but they are already on other teams.

In your case you seem like you are happy because your daughter is not a top player but you can afford to pay their ridiculous prices and have her on team. Good for you.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #19048 09/21/12 10:02 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year's fl$ helmet is actually a Custom Pro7 Cascade Helmet. $155 Dollars per helmet....All Navy with chrome Carolina blue mask

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19063 09/21/12 11:36 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares about a helmet !!!! Who is coaching the teams. I will pay for coaching not a helmet.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19097 09/21/12 03:09 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The helmet information was in response to the person posting false information.

fl$ posts a listing of every coach on their website www.[lacrosse]:

Bob Jahelka Director
Mike Winkoff Director
Corey Winkoff Director
Shane Sweeney fl$ Lite-Boys 2022 Coach
Tony Barone fl$ Lite - Boys 2022 Coach
Mark Rizzo fl$ Lite- Boys 2021 Coach
Stu Fast fl$ Lite - Boys 2020 Coach
Greg Rhodes fl$ Lite- Boys 2020 Coach
Chris Leahy Boys 2019 Team- Coach
Tom Holman Boys 2019 Team- Coach
Will Kogel Boys 2019 Team-Coach
Matt Paolano Boys 2018 Team-Coach
James Kern Boys 2018 Team- Coach
Robert Coscia Boys 2017 Team- Coach
Eric Dunne Boys 2017 Team-Coach
Brian Soper Boys 2016 Team & U15- Coach
Justin O'Connell Boys 2016 Team- Coach
Karl Hedstrom Boys 2015 Team- Coach
Brian Tower Boys 2015 Team- Coach
Mike Hungerford Boys 2014 Team- Coach
John Nessler Boys 2014 Team- Coach
Katie McGinty Girls 2014 Team- Coach
Jenna Spenard Girls 2014 Team- Coach
Kristie Leggio fl$ Girls Director & Girls 2015 Team- Coach
Jessica Wiegand Girls 2015 Team- Coach
Christina LaPenta Girls 2016 Team- Coach
Casey McGrath Girls 2017 Team- Coach
Ashley Babst Girls 2017 Team- Coach
Morgan Chiarenza Girls 2018 Team- Coach
Kerri McGinty fl$ Girls Director & Girls 2018 Team- Coach
Jackie Sileo Girls 2019 Team - Coach
Nicole Sileo Girls 2019 Team- Coach
Christine Collins fl$ Lite Girls Director
Ashley Janelli fl$ Lite- Girls 2020 Coach
Kait Brosco fl$ Lite- Girls 2020 Coach
Samantha Losco fl$ Lite- Girls 2021 Coach
Katelyn Piegare fl$ Lite- Girls 2021 Coach

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19192 09/22/12 07:47 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read this whole thread and you will find fl$ parents who are not happy. You will also find out real quickly how many of their girls left from last year. They may not be on BOTC, but they are already on other teams.

In your case you seem like you are happy because your daughter is not a top player but you can afford to pay their ridiculous prices and have her on team. Good for you.

The 2015 team is not competitive. Actually they were the one who were cut from other teams!

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19387 09/24/12 10:59 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear Poster: I always read this forum and I am very aware of every post. I don't see that many have left. I personally know only one girl that left the program last year for another team. If they are older girls in high school that is not what I am talking about. You don't have to be a YJ to be a top player in lacrosse. Most of the YJs are a certain type of agressive player that excels in that fast paced forum. I have alot of YJ friends that are great people with great kids. My point was just that I know that intense kind of play is not for my kid. Your so uninformed its ridiculous. The 1,700 that we used to pay gave us an unbelievable Under Armour package, adult professional coaches, a full week of camp. If it is a couple of extra hundred over, who cares I don't. You do. Don't worry about what fl$ parents pay and clearly your kid is not on any team right now cause you seem mezmerized with the team they didn't make. Don't be such a nasty poster. You might get one back.

Like Reply Quote
Sponsored Links
Anonymous #19388 09/24/12 11:08 AM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bye the way, I did just take a moment to skim back through and there seems to be alot of boy parents that have a problem with the management and the price. A couple of nasty girl comments. The girls program is very new and moving on to better things. Usually, the only people who post on forums like this tend to be people who are angry and upset with something. If people are happy, they don't bother. Most of my friends on the team don't bother with these boards. There is too much negative engery. Just like college review forum, only the unhappy students post there. Please come to our tents this summer, have something eat and something cold to drink. Talk to our parents and see how happy we are. Don't base your opnions on two or three posts.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19405 09/24/12 12:51 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year's fl$ helmet is actually a Custom Pro7 Cascade Helmet. $155 Dollars per helmet....All Navy with chrome Carolina blue mask

That's great but the info about fl$ raising the price by $200 for the 2012 season and getting a helmet that was recalled was totally accurate.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19450 09/24/12 05:07 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
New fl$ Easton Helmet $200 (i.e. fl$ raised the price $200 from the prior year)

Mandatory fl$ Headwrapz for $50.....

Helmet is recalled by Easton....then as a consolation prize they give out Easton heads (unstrung) and shafts that not one kid used or wanted. Priceless!

Not their fault the helmets were recalled. My son liked the shaft.

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #19451 09/24/12 05:17 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's great but the info about fl$ raising the price by $200 for the 2012 season and getting a helmet that was recalled was totally accurate.

So they were plus $50 even with the helmet

Like Reply Quote
Anonymous #20019 10/01/12 02:38 PM
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Inside Lacrosse Top 25 Young Gun Sophomore list just came out. Three fl$ boys!! Congrats!

Interesting too - No Express Orange Sophs.

Like Reply Quote
Page 11 of 25 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 24 25
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Link Copied to Clipboard