BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,175
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rating: 1
Page 191 of 220 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 219 220
Re: Long Island Top Guns
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IS this a Hofstra thread or a TG thread?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hofstra lost 4 girls from their 2016 roster. All four were underclassmen. Two from long island. 1 from Maryland and 1 from Delaware. We know one went to Stony Brook. As for the other 3, it's anyone's guess. Doesn't mean they left for greener pastures or were driven off the team by their coach. Girls leave programs constantly for one reason or another. As for any of them being considered studs is a stretch.

They left because they weren't playing. They weren't playing because they were not good enough.
the girl that went to Stony played in every game as a defender, you cant be serious?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IS this a Hofstra thread or a TG thread?

Both, now be quiet and pay attention

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Powderfinger
Hofstra lost 4 girls from their 2016 roster. All four were underclassmen. Two from long island. 1 from Maryland and 1 from Delaware. We know one went to Stony Brook. As for the other 3, it's anyone's guess. Doesn't mean they left for greener pastures or were driven off the team by their coach. Girls leave programs constantly for one reason or another. As for any of them being considered studs is a stretch.

They left because they weren't playing. They weren't playing because they were not good enough.

You know nothing, Jon Snow.

Jon Snow, hysterical!! Lol!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, only a matter of time before the entire sports program at Hofstra goes Div. 3. The admin only cares about saving money, and that has been largely at the expense of their athletic program. Why do you think they hired SS. She was being interviewed for the graduate assistant position, and they decided they could get her really cheap, so they offered her the head coaching job. They even got her cheap in her 10 year deal.

You seem to have a lot of insight into the finances of a private universities athletic budget. Do you work at the university or what? Private universities usually do not disclose their budgets or pay for their employees like a public university does. How do you know how much Coach Smith makes?

I have been involved in the private funding of Hofstra for many years. Alum and now have access to administration connections made as a donator. Being a former football player there it is very disappointing that the athletic program has gone the way it has. That being said I am not a Fan of her being the head coach of the team because I felt/feel she lacked the maturity to do so. Would/will she be a great coach? Yes, just not at Hofstra, she will be great at her next position when she learns from her mistakes. It is no fault of her own, as she would of been a fool not to take the position offered. At 23 years old when she took the position, and even now she lacks the maturity to fulfil her obligation by knowing when not to react emotionally. She needs to transition her playing emotional response or at least learn to not say anything until she calms down, and look at each situation as a whole and learn how to guide her team using each setback, never letting them off the hook, but turn it into a learning situation. She has trouble using athletics to teach real world skills to our student athletes. All the great Coaches in any sport coached more than their sports, the coached life lessons and these life lessons are the ones that turn out championships teams. Those type of coaches have a draw to their personalities that athletes want to be a part of. She has a way to go. She will eventually get there, but like I said it will be at her next coaching position down the road a ways.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares, only a matter of time before the entire sports program at Hofstra goes Div. 3. The admin only cares about saving money, and that has been largely at the expense of their athletic program. Why do you think they hired SS. She was being interviewed for the graduate assistant position, and they decided they could get her really cheap, so they offered her the head coaching job. They even got her cheap in her 10 year deal.

You seem to have a lot of insight into the finances of a private universities athletic budget. Do you work at the university or what? Private universities usually do not disclose their budgets or pay for their employees like a public university does. How do you know how much Coach Smith makes?

I have been involved in the private funding of Hofstra for many years. Alum and now have access to administration connections made as a donator. Being a former football player there it is very disappointing that the athletic program has gone the way it has. That being said I am not a Fan of her being the head coach of the team because I felt/feel she lacked the maturity to do so. Would/will she be a great coach? Yes, just not at Hofstra, she will be great at her next position when she learns from her mistakes. It is no fault of her own, as she would of been a fool not to take the position offered. At 23 years old when she took the position, and even now she lacks the maturity to fulfil her obligation by knowing when not to react emotionally. She needs to transition her playing emotional response or at least learn to not say anything until she calms down, and look at each situation as a whole and learn how to guide her team using each setback, never letting them off the hook, but turn it into a learning situation. She has trouble using athletics to teach real world skills to our student athletes. All the great Coaches in any sport coached more than their sports, the coached life lessons and these life lessons are the ones that turn out championships teams. Those type of coaches have a draw to their personalities that athletes want to be a part of. She has a way to go. She will eventually get there, but like I said it will be at her next coaching position down the road a ways.

Well said. I believe she needs to distance herself from her father in a lot of her decision making.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well said. I believe she needs to distance herself from her father in a lot of her decision making.

I can't help but think that someone here once said not every great player makes a great coach. I agree with taking the daddy ear piece out, and it's also important to remember her ego has been so pumped up that it must be challenging for her to accept she has to learn to stop blaming these kids for her lack of winning. Maybe the new (ear) assistants will help get the team on track to a successful season

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thank you. Good insight. I would like to add that I think she is already on the path of learning more about being a successful D1 coach. From the info I was told, she has changed her fall training plan and seems to be more interested in team chemistry than before. There is of course the physical fitness part that is tough (as it should be) but there has also been a few non-lax events thrown in. She seems to have learned from the past, due to lots of injuries last fall, and made the necessary changes. Hopefully she'll become that great coach while she's at Hofstra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't help but think that someone here once said not every great player makes a great coach. I agree with taking the daddy ear piece out, and it's also important to remember her ego has been so pumped up that it must be challenging for her to accept she has to learn to stop blaming these kids for her lack of winning. Maybe the new (ear) assistants will help get the team on track to a successful season

Agreed. The players really, really like the new assistants. They have brought a new perspective and voice to the staff, and I think Shannon is learning to listen to them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, perhaps Hofstra will benefit from the new assistants mentioned above but Top Guns seems to falling by the wayside, unfortunately.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is TG falling by the wayside? So many other LI programs do so poorly, charge so much more, and are never mentioned here because they are nonfactors. Choosing a team is a choice. Please give the alternative team choice that is better than TG other than YJ or perhaps Liberty. There is none better overall as a program, not including some programs that have one or two strong age groups, but are not competitive at most other age groups.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, perhaps Hofstra will benefit from the new assistants mentioned above but Top Guns seems to falling by the wayside, unfortunately.

One of the new assistant coaches at Hofstra is the new coach of my daughter's Top Gun team so it seems Top Guns is also benefitting and not "falling by the wayside".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is TG falling by the wayside? So many other LI programs do so poorly, charge so much more, and are never mentioned here because they are nonfactors. Choosing a team is a choice. Please give the alternative team choice that is better than TG other than YJ or perhaps Liberty. There is none better overall as a program, not including some programs that have one or two strong age groups, but are not competitive at most other age groups.

I agree. TG has a very good history as far as getting girls to college. A lot of people get sucked into the YJ factor...win at all costs, even though it has almost zero bearing on where the kids will go to college to play. There is a lot to be said for clubs who value other factors, in addition to winning, like TG does. The narrow-minded people in our midst are the ones who choose programs like YJ. They are the ones who are easily influenced, blindly believing whatever the queen bee spews. In MD, Heros is the equivalent to YJ. A bunch of loudmouth a-holes cheering on their little super star who will get a 25% scholarship, just like a classier club gets their kids. Their narrow-mindedness is comical.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Great players can make great coaches if they have had the upbringing to do so. SS was a gifted athlete who was ahead of her time athletically. If you look now there are many players who can do what she did, but the bar now is so much higher, thanks to players like Shannon. Unfortunate to say, she couldn't remain relevant on the National Team for long, with much of the young blood behind her.

She definitely needs to distance herself from her father professionally, and Hofstra is helping her do that. He has embarrassed her on numerous occasions with both his actions and things he has said and done that have come back to the school in the form of complaints from the biggest athletic donors. His actions with the club program the run have shone her in a negative light snd she's been called to the AD's office on more than one occasion to answer concerns. He is not supposed to be around current Rostered Hofstra players and students without SS's supervision. That includes girls they use at their clinics and events. This was a condition put in place after what I would call a misunderstanding of youth vs. an old school guy. I respect what he did following 9/11 and his past is a big reason why he hasn't been distanced more as a condition of her employment.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is TG falling by the wayside? So many other LI programs do so poorly, charge so much more, and are never mentioned here because they are nonfactors. Choosing a team is a choice. Please give the alternative team choice that is better than TG other than YJ or perhaps Liberty. There is none better overall as a program, not including some programs that have one or two strong age groups, but are not competitive at most other age groups.

I agree. TG has a very good history as far as getting girls to college. A lot of people get sucked into the YJ factor...win at all costs, even though it has almost zero bearing on where the kids will go to college to play. There is a lot to be said for clubs who value other factors, in addition to winning, like TG does. The narrow-minded people in our midst are the ones who choose programs like YJ. They are the ones who are easily influenced, blindly believing whatever the queen bee spews. In MD, Heros is the equivalent to YJ. A bunch of loudmouth a-holes cheering on their little super star who will get a 25% scholarship, just like a classier club gets their kids. Their narrow-mindedness is comical.[/
Only difference between YJ and TG is one wins and the other doesn't. They both are all about the money. What other factors does TG value? Team bonding? They don't do anything together outside of lacrosse. Community service? TG doesn't do anything that doesn't make them money. How about customer relations? You can't approach SS or BS without them going on the defensive before you even speak. I've watched both of them walk past families in their program and completely ignore them when a simple"hey how ya doing" would go a long way.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you give an example of what TG values you were referring to? TG was once a top program now they are trying to remain in the 2nd tier with Liberty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you give an example of what TG values you were referring to? TG was once a top program now they are trying to remain in the 2nd tier with Liberty.

YJ may have some better teams at the older grades, with the exception of the 2016 TG team that just graduated who was better than YJA by far. The younger ages are up for grabs. TG 2023 beats YJA. Will be interesting to see how the 2024 teams do this year. YJ 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, did not do well at elite tournaments this past summer, in some cases loosing all their games. Liberty could be good this year as well. Igloo too, and a couple of the Leg teams. would love to see these teams play each other more often. CR sends these younger teams to MD for beat downs when they can't even beat , or wold have a great game with several LI clubs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Why is TG falling by the wayside? So many other LI programs do so poorly, charge so much more, and are never mentioned here because they are nonfactors. Choosing a team is a choice. Please give the alternative team choice that is better than TG other than YJ or perhaps Liberty. There is none better overall as a program, not including some programs that have one or two strong age groups, but are not competitive at most other age groups.

I agree. TG has a very good history as far as getting girls to college. A lot of people get sucked into the YJ factor...win at all costs, even though it has almost zero bearing on where the kids will go to college to play. There is a lot to be said for clubs who value other factors, in addition to winning, like TG does. The narrow-minded people in our midst are the ones who choose programs like YJ. They are the ones who are easily influenced, blindly believing whatever the queen bee spews. In MD, Heros is the equivalent to YJ. A bunch of loudmouth a-holes cheering on their little super star who will get a 25% scholarship, just like a classier club gets their kids. Their narrow-mindedness is comical.[/
Only difference between YJ and TG is one wins and the other doesn't. They both are all about the money. What other factors does TG value? Team bonding? They don't do anything together outside of lacrosse. Community service? TG doesn't do anything that doesn't make them money. How about customer relations? You can't approach SS or BS without them going on the defensive before you even speak. I've watched both of them walk past families in their program and completely ignore them when a simple"hey how ya doing" would go a long way.

I think everyone's experiences are different. We have been with TG for many years and have never had any issues approaching BS or SS. As has been said many times before: you have many choices of places to play and should play for the club that is best for your daughter and your family. I bet you can find people who have had great experiences and awful experiences at every club. There is never a way to make everyone happy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

YJ may have some better teams at the older grades, with the exception of the 2016 TG team that just graduated who was better than YJA by far. The younger ages are up for grabs. TG 2023 beats YJA. Will be interesting to see how the 2024 teams do this year. YJ 2025, 2024, 2023, 2022, did not do well at elite tournaments this past summer, in some cases loosing all their games. Liberty could be good this year as well. Igloo too, and a couple of the Leg teams. would love to see these teams play each other more often. CR sends these younger teams to MD for beat downs when they can't even beat , or wold have a great game with several LI clubs

Sorry but you just show your complete ignorance when you speak . Your 2016 TG team was not successful in any respect .Consistently list to YJ Defo ( only time they did beat them was after most YJ players were committed and put out a mixed team). Look at any of the accolades , US lax AA, UA AA, Inside lacrosse ranking of incoming freshmen , it's not even close . YJ 2016 Defo was easily best team in the country during the recruiting years . Going back to rewrite history just makes you look ignorant so it's easy to ignore everything you say after .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry but you just show your complete ignorance when you speak . Your 2016 TG team was not successful in any respect .Consistently list to YJ Defo ( only time they did beat them was after most YJ players were committed and put out a mixed team). Look at any of the accolades , US lax AA, UA AA, Inside lacrosse ranking of incoming freshmen , it's not even close . YJ 2016 Defo was easily best team in the country during the recruiting years . Going back to rewrite history just makes you look ignorant so it's easy to ignore everything you say after .

Ok, my comments about 2016 were here-say, but the ones about the younger grades are spot on!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ok, my comments about 2016 were here-say, but the ones about the younger grades are spot on!

In a 1-2 years the parents at the younger ages will realize that it's a mirage at TG as the play in B level tournaments against none of the top teams in the age group, at that point CR will reel in the best players with the promise of top level competition at A level tournaments and the recruiting potential that will be available to them at those tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In a 1-2 years the parents at the younger ages will realize that it's a mirage at TG as the play in B level tournaments against none of the top teams in the age group, at that point CR will reel in the best players with the promise of top level competition at A level tournaments and the recruiting potential that will be available to them at those tournaments

Some valid points, but there is a some significant trouble with some younger teams. Lack of talent, favoritism, poor coaches, coaches who don't show up. Many top girls are leaving because they are not interested in going to Maryland to get blown out. That is not helping anyone get better! There are several up and coming programs on LI attracting some of the better girls. Will be interesting to watch. Great for LI girls to have quality options other than the same old same old

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are these up and coming programs hiding? TG handled all of the "new" programs easily last summer. Would love to see how these new programs would do in Maryland. They are fine for girls who want to play and not leave Long Island, but no one is leaving TG black team to play for a startup team. It's sort of sad that some of these teams are offering free tryouts to even field a team or round out roster spots. Last year's start-ups have started to water down girls lacrosse like boys lacrosse.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are these up and coming programs hiding? TG handled all of the "new" programs easily last summer. Would love to see how these new programs would do in Maryland. They are fine for girls who want to play and not leave Long Island, but no one is leaving TG black team to play for a startup team. It's sort of sad that some of these teams are offering free tryouts to even field a team or round out roster spots. Last year's start-ups have started to water down girls lacrosse like boys lacrosse.

If 2020 TG black actually went to real tournaments you would see that one of these startups that has their old coach would beat them easily . Say what you want but who did that TG team play .All their top players left.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where are these up and coming programs hiding? TG handled all of the "new" programs easily last summer. Would love to see how these new programs would do in Maryland. They are fine for girls who want to play and not leave Long Island, but no one is leaving TG black team to play for a startup team. It's sort of sad that some of these teams are offering free tryouts to even field a team or round out roster spots. Last year's start-ups have started to water down girls lacrosse like boys lacrosse.

If 2020 TG black actually went to real tournaments you would see that one of these startups that has their old coach would beat them easily . Say what you want but who did that TG team play .All their top players left

The old coach avoided tournaments he knew 2020 black were in, beat them easily think again

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are you measuring Success? every single one of the girls on TG 2016 who wanted to play college lacrosse is... I would say that's pretty successful.
A lot of those accolades you cite, are very subjective as well. the Under Armour team selection has had volumes written about how unfair it is... and honestly you can say the same about some of the others as well..There's a TG girl on the cover of Inside lacrosse this month, right after The YJ girl the month before..
Defo's team was great, but the TG 2016 team was also

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ my mistake, its the same magazine, the cover it the YJ Player and the article on the Number 1 recruiting class has the TG girl..
six of one, half a dozen of the other

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How are you measuring Success? every single one of the girls on TG 2016 who wanted to play college lacrosse is... I would say that's pretty successful.
A lot of those accolades you cite, are very subjective as well. the Under Armour team selection has had volumes written about how unfair it is... and honestly you can say the same about some of the others as well..There's a TG girl on the cover of Inside lacrosse this month, right after The YJ girl the month before..
Defo's team was great, but the TG 2016 team was also

You are just rewriting history , did that great team ever beat M&D or YJ Defo without 2015 kids . The wins and losses are not subjective .In the recruiting years 9-10 grade there was no question as to who was the best team . Saying the accolades that they have gotten are subjective is absolutely true but those accolades are not even remotely close . Again it really does not matter as they are now teammates and was in response to person stating TG was far better .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You people are absolutely nuts, Cray-Cray. Relax and let the girls play! You sound like a bunch of washed up losers. The people that come on here are usually the ones who's daughters are not elite, just hanging onto the brand. unbelievable!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To YJ, WINNING IS EVERYTHING, in girls club lacrosse. They HAVE to be considered the best by their standards, and their standard is WIN EVERY GAME AT AND COST! It doesn't matter if they're considered a bunch of asses by everyone they, as long as THEY WIN AND ARE THE BEST, at girls club lacrosse. Just a bunch of immaturevidiots.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
To YJ, WINNING IS EVERYTHING, in girls club lacrosse. They HAVE to be considered the best by their standards, and their standard is WIN EVERY GAME AT AND COST! It doesn't matter if they're considered a bunch of asses by everyone they, as long as THEY WIN AND ARE THE BEST, at girls club lacrosse. Just a bunch of immaturevidiots.

Big problem there for YJ. There younger teams suck and lose most games, can barely get by other LI teams, and in some cases can't!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny you bunch of losers think winning is a bad thing . It's club lacrosse at the highest levels and yes you are supposed to try and win . Then of course you have the losers who make nonsense up that people hate the YJ parents etc but obviously the college coaches don't . Next level of loser sttack is they only care about winning at all costs and they only play certain kids and those kids are thugs blah blah . Sorry they just get the best players on Long Island and the college coaches know this .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too funny you bunch of losers think winning is a bad thing . It's club lacrosse at the highest levels and yes you are supposed to try and win . Then of course you have the losers who make nonsense up that people hate the YJ parents etc but obviously the college coaches don't . Next level of loser sttack is they only care about winning at all costs and they only play certain kids and those kids are thugs blah blah . Sorry they just get the best players on Long Island and the college coaches know this .

Problem is thug ball YJ backfired for teams such as 2023 A. Lack of talent, beaten by TG. Parent coaches. Disgruntled parents . B team better than A team, but B team players not interested to play for lousy A team coaches= big problems!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Too funny you bunch of losers think winning is a bad thing . It's club lacrosse at the highest levels and yes you are supposed to try and win . Then of course you have the losers who make nonsense up that people hate the YJ parents etc but obviously the college coaches don't . Next level of loser sttack is they only care about winning at all costs and they only play certain kids and those kids are thugs blah blah . Sorry they just get the best players on Long Island and the college coaches know this .

Problem is thug ball YJ backfired for teams such as 2023 A. Lack of talent, beaten by TG. Parent coaches. Disgruntled parents . B team better than A team, but B team players not interested to play for lousy A team coaches= big problems!

B team parents would take the promotion to A team in a heartbeat. We'll see you complainers on Sunday in Farmingdale

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some A team kids have already been seen at other clubs tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is CR has seen this before in diaper age lacrosse and will get the best TG kids to come over when they realize they have no interest in playing for Hofstra .By the time they are in pull ups YJ will be the dominant team on LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Where are these up and coming programs hiding? TG handled all of the "new" programs easily last summer. Would love to see how these new programs would do in Maryland. They are fine for girls who want to play and not leave Long Island, but no one is leaving TG black team to play for a startup team. It's sort of sad that some of these teams are offering free tryouts to even field a team or round out roster spots. Last year's start-ups have started to water down girls lacrosse like boys lacrosse.

If 2020 TG black actually went to real tournaments you would see that one of these startups that has their old coach would beat them easily . Say what you want but who did that TG team play .All their top players left

The old coach avoided tournaments he knew 2020 black were in, beat them easily think again

Yeah that makes sense he avoided TG black but went to tournaments with YJ, M&D etc. Maybe he avoided going to nonsense B level tournaments so he never got to play TG black.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^ my mistake, its the same magazine, the cover it the YJ Player and the article on the Number 1 recruiting class has the TG girl..
six of one, half a dozen of the other

Actually not really the same at all but it does illustrate the accolades of that Defo team as compared to the TG team that age. Sorry but when the wins and losses against each other is clearly on YJ side, tournaments won clearly on YJ side, Common opponents beaten clearly on YJ side, subjective accolades clearly on Defo side . Your trying to use a magazine that clearly has YJ ahead in talent as an example of the teams being equal is just not reality.That said good luck to all the LI kids hopefully they all enjoy their college experiences.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Problem is CR has seen this before in diaper age lacrosse and will get the best TG kids to come over when they realize they have no interest in playing for Hofstra .By the time they are in pull ups YJ will be the dominant team on LI.

Won't happen unless A team coaches are replaced. They are not winning and the girls they favor are not good. Team is headed downhill and girls are leaving.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yeah that makes sense he avoided TG black but went to tournaments with YJ, M&D etc. Maybe he avoided going to nonsense B level tournaments so he never got to play TG black.

Yawn.. truth is no one cares about that startup, Program will continue to struggle to pick off the rest of the low low level B player throwaways from all the other programs. all those tossaways and their delusional parents that swear they're going to the promise land. It kinda sucks that those kids are sold a dream and are stuck there as no top program wants them. but I'm sure you're going to tell us that some of the girls are getting looked at by colleges.. Please let us know when they have committed. Truth is you and the rest have been bullwinkled no one is looking, much less even talking or interested in the talent or lack of there.

Like Reply Quote
Page 191 of 220 1 2 189 190 191 192 193 219 220
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard