BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,813
Posts387,198
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
9 commits from FCA/Crabs/Looneys. Care to guess what percentage of those are reclassed? Age based classification for youth lacrosse can't come soon enough. What a sham.

I am interested to know if people complained about this when current and former players were committing? A small sample of a few from Bmore- Steele, Wells, Shack S were all 19 when they graduated from HS. Colin H turned 22 during the spring of his Jr year in college. He too was 19 when he graduated. Did these great players "game the system" to get a spot on a D1 roster? don't think so.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry LarryMiller,
still waiting on who is the best 2020 player in the country who's on VLC.

Cricket's from the original poster(s) who stated that because they were talking out of their @ss. VLC 2020 does certainly have a few really good ballers, but best in the country...NO.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry LarryMiller,

Cricket's from the original poster(s) who stated that because they were talking out of their @ss. VLC 2020 does certainly have a few really good ballers, but best in the country...NO.

If you read the thread, nobody from VLC said he is the best in the country (although he is one of the best).

More importantly, no minor's name should be stated, let alone on an anonymous forum.

You must be that freak who wants to know the roster of every team out there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Larry LarryMiller,

If you read the thread, nobody from VLC said he is the best in the country (although he is one of the best).

More importantly, no minor's name should be stated, let alone on an anonymous forum.

You must be that freak who wants to know the roster of every team out there.

Nah. My guess is that he is just a VLC basher. Small minority, given what a class act organization it is compared to those loons running the other major clubs in the DMV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I am the guy who would like to know the rosters of the other clubs in the area. Hey just a news flash I will see who is on each team in a month or so. So tell me again why the rosters are kept so private. I guess Blackwolf and DC express will be playing in burkas this year.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No I am the guy who would like to know the rosters of the other clubs in the area. Hey just a news flash I will see who is on each team in a month or so. So tell me again why the rosters are kept so private. I guess Blackwolf and DC express will be playing in burkas this year.
Well then I guess you know where the VLC roster is.... and probably have watched these kids recruiting videos on youtube as well.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well then I guess you know where the VLC roster is.... and probably have watched these kids recruiting videos on youtube as well.

I know critical thinking isn't big with the slack jawed mouth breathers on here, but getting your name out there and your "recruiting videos" actually watched and talked about is kinda the whole point!!

VLC is an outstanding club, but there isn't even a top 10 freshman on that team. Stop posting drivel Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So is that creepy or just watching lacrosse?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said you want to see names of teenage boys because you used to coach some of team (which rec team, btw?) Instead of stalking them online, why not just calling their parents and ask them directly?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You said you want to see names of teenage boys because you used to coach some of team (which rec team, btw?) Instead of stalking them online, why not just calling their parents and ask them directly?

So checking three or four websites for about 1 min each is creepy but calling parents you see one or two times a year on the phone from a list I had when I coached there son 2 to 5 years ago and asking them,Hey where is your son playing travel this fall is not creepy.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a VLC basher. As you said with Madlax in your zip code its hard to compete for that title. I was just looking for a response from a ridiculous statement that the best 2020 player in the country is on VLC. Not true. You sound more like a VLC homer trying to pump up a "B" level club. No need to hash it out on this forum. This years VLC games against top clubs speak for themselves and VLC's talent level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
9 commits from FCA/Crabs/Looneys. Care to guess what percentage of those are reclassed? Age based classification for youth lacrosse can't come soon enough. What a sham.

I am interested to know if people complained about this when current and former players were committing? A small sample of a few from Bmore- Steele, Wells, Shack S were all 19 when they graduated from HS. Colin H turned 22 during the spring of his Jr year in college. He too was 19 when he graduated. Did these great players "game the system" to get a spot on a D1 roster? don't think so.

I suspect it helped a little in HS as they entered HS age wise a sophomore and graduated age wise a Freshman in College.
But all of them played at the proper age in youth for LTRC, Tosontowne, Cockeysville or whoever they played with prior to Crabs. So no one was complaining about the their prefisrt/holdbacks or whatever they did. At age 10 they played against other 10 years olds not 9 year olds as the current prefirst players do. And if you follow these discussions it is about YOUTH LACROSSE not HS lacrosse. So what is your point??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not reclass'd. Did pre-first. Nothing to see here. Youth age divisions would have no bearing on this outcome today, as they are not in youth lacrosse anymore. HS is HS, and recruiting is organized by graduation year, period. Talk to the government about taking a look at the public grade 1-12 system, but don't label the kids for getting the best education possible. Most of the kids on their teams, and the teams they compete against are all about a year older or younger on average. There is nothing nefarious going on here. Good kids, good players.

Prefirst is holding your child back. maybe private schools have you convinced you otherwise..but it is holding your child back. Saying that I and anyone with any sense would say that is your right and you should always do what you think is right for your child.But that still doesnt give your child some special right to get an advantage other children the exact same age and birthday dont get in YOUTH sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm not a VLC basher. As you said with Madlax in your zip code its hard to compete for that title. I was just looking for a response from a ridiculous statement that the best 2020 player in the country is on VLC. Not true. You sound more like a VLC homer trying to pump up a "B" level club. No need to hash it out on this forum. This years VLC games against top clubs speak for themselves and VLC's talent level.

VLC is not a B level club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you do age based in rec or grade based in club, there will always be a 1-2 year age spread throughout the leagues. I think the point is that the argument is stupid, and lacrosse players don't care. It is a great fabricated issue for parents of average players to ramble on about to create a drama in their own minds.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you do age based in rec or grade based in club, there will always be a 1-2 year age spread throughout the leagues. I think the point is that the argument is stupid, and lacrosse players don't care. It is a great fabricated issue for parents of average players to ramble on about to create a drama in their own minds.

Myself and many others think the point of letting select children get an advantage other children do not get stupid. No one ever cared about the two year spread as every other year you were in the oldest group. I personally have heard several children talking to other children questioning them about being heldback. And these kids looked 12 years old. So many young players do care,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Myself and many others think the point of letting select children get an advantage other children do not get stupid. No one ever cared about the two year spread as every other year you were in the oldest group. I personally have heard several children talking to other children questioning them about being heldback. And these kids looked 12 years old. So many young players do care,

Several children is an understatement. Ask any on age 2020 what they think of the holdbacks. 8 times out of 10, they will make fun of them for having to reclass to look good.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If VLC isn't a B level club who have they beat? Don't think they beat even Madlax 2020 all season, who themselves didn't beat anyone of substance. What's your justification for VLC not being a B level team? What tournaments did they win this past year? How'd they do against Madlax, NL, Crabs or any of the HOCO elite teams? I guess VLC 2020 can give clubs a good game but until they can win, they're a B club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I agree VLC is not winning enough games to say they belong with the big boys. But They do get invited to play with the big boys. And for a NOVA guy that is what we should care about in this area. Let the northern teams in MD,NY,NJ,Philly worry about winning tournaments. We just need to put our best players on the best fields so they can be seen by the top colleges. They only way a NOVA team can win tournaments with the big boys is if we put all the top players on one team. And this has only happened on time in this area. And I hate to say it but the Madlax 2019 team is the prefect example of this. But all the other years the NOVA talent is spread out between the Big Three BW,Madlax and VLC

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is not an age. Why would you ask a 2020 kid what they think of a kid that did pre-first 10 years ago? Like I said, to create drama and to label kids that do pre-first. How about instead of kids that did pre-first being labeled holdbacks, we come up with a nickname for kids that don't do pre-first?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If VLC isn't a B level club who have they beat? Don't think they beat even Madlax 2020 all season, who themselves didn't beat anyone of substance. What's your justification for VLC not being a B level team? What tournaments did they win this past year? How'd they do against Madlax, NL, Crabs or any of the HOCO elite teams? I guess VLC 2020 can give clubs a good game but until they can win, they're a B club.

The VLC 2020 has very good talent and is much improved. But you miss the point. You can't call a club a "B" club based on one particular team (though you obviously only are familiar with one particular grade).

To look at a club, you have to look at multiple teams they field. Though tournament wins is one thing you can cite, a better barometer would be:

how well do they fare placing kids in college?
are their players impact players in HS?
do they play in high quality tournaments and events
do they have strong coaching?

In the DMV, BW, Madlax and VLC are in the top tier. All the rest are below them.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We're on the 2020 thread so I thought the idea was to mostly talk about the 2020 teams in Maryland/DMV. I keep hearing that VLC 2020 is very good, may or may not have the best 2020 player in the country, and has improved a lot. Fact is they're still a B team. I know they have good coaching and do have players that get college commits. I agree that BW, Madlax and VLC are in the top tier, in the DMV, but all 3 teams are B level teams at the 2020 level (or you could call it "A" by the HOCO league standards. None of the 2020 DMV teams are at the HOCO elite level.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You are 100% correct. And I have been killed on this board for bringing up the top 5 players from each team should pick one club and move. But I guess all these parents will just be happy watching all 3 DMV 2020 teams get crushed and the top DMV 2020 players will be the ones hurt from it. But everyone will be special and they will be the star on there team so this is what this group of parents want so I will let them be.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we just let the season play out and see where we are. Agree VLC has a lot of work to do to get to the elite level, but 2020 added some talent on the offensive side of the ball. Quaker Fest and Autumn Gold will be a good barometer heading into the summer season. If everyone is healthy they'll be in the mix.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its not entirely the fault of the top 5 DMV players migrating to one team. Fact is none of the top Maryland 2020's are playing on any of the big 3 DMV teams. The only option for 2020's would be Madlax and BW. BW will get a couple kids but not many because of the SJCHS connection. None of the top Maryland/DC 2020's want to play for Madlax, mostly due to CM. All play for others clubs like Crabs/NL/FCA. This isn't true for other Madlax teams like 2019/2018 who have a decent # of MD/DC players. Even with Madlax 2020 practicing at Landon, none of the top 2020's who go to Landon/Prep/Gonzaga are on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why don't we just let the season play out and see where we are. Agree VLC has a lot of work to do to get to the elite level, but 2020 added some talent on the offensive side of the ball. Quaker Fest and Autumn Gold will be a good barometer heading into the summer season. If everyone is healthy they'll be in the mix.

Is Autumn Gold considered an elite tournament?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Well if you think it is not Elite then VLC better win it.
Please list clubs attending?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just looked at last years schedule for this tournament. It had Den. Elite and the Crabs. But they also had 3D mid Atlantic on the schedule. But they website did have lots of colleges that do attend?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I just looked at last years schedule for this tournament. It had Den. Elite and the Crabs. But they also had 3D mid Atlantic on the schedule. But they website did have lots of colleges that do attend?
Edge Canada playing Nov 5 2020 Autumn Gold anyone else playing that day. Also Nov 6 NLF Frsoh Boys Latin.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA 2020 are you playing at Boys Latin School Nov 6?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they're playing at a tournament in college park. They probably didn't get the invite

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No they're playing at a tournament in college park. They probably didn't get the invite

That's the trade-off that weekend. UMD Terps or NLF Frosh.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There is nothing fabricated about Crabs fielding 16 year olds on an 8th grade lacrosse team. Sorry - that's weak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It is a ninth grade team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I love this kind of my son is better than yours attitude. Well he's a year or two older than the kid he is playing against. He should be able to mow over the kid he is playing against. If not he really needs to start playing baseball or another sport.
It's only a matter of time till a holdback or even better a double holdback takes out a on grade kid and hurts them bad. Then the lawsuits will fly. Because it's a known fact that teams are pushing this agenda.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not reclass'd. Did pre-first. Nothing to see here. Youth age divisions would have no bearing on this outcome today, as they are not in youth lacrosse anymore. HS is HS, and recruiting is organized by graduation year, period. Talk to the government about taking a look at the public grade 1-12 system, but don't label the kids for getting the best education possible. Most of the kids on their teams, and the teams they compete against are all about a year older or younger on average. There is nothing nefarious going on here. Good kids, good players.

Prefirst is holding your child back. maybe private schools have you convinced you otherwise..but it is holding your child back. Saying that I and anyone with any sense would say that is your right and you should always do what you think is right for your child.But that still doesnt give your child some special right to get an advantage other children the exact same age and birthday dont get in YOUTH sports.

The fact is that wether a kid is held back or not, they are playing according to the rules if they are playing with their graduation class. Please stop whining.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2020 is not an age. Why would you ask a 2020 kid what they think of a kid that did pre-first 10 years ago? Like I said, to create drama and to label kids that do pre-first. How about instead of kids that did pre-first being labeled holdbacks, we come up with a nickname for kids that don't do pre-first?

Real simple ... As it pertains to youth sports, kids that dont do prefirst are "on age" . is that the term you are looking for?.kids that do prefirst are held back from going to 1st grade. Holdback seems appropriate, maybe use "not on age"??. Where are you confused??? In any youth sport besides Lacrosse this issue doesnt come up nor is it an issue.

Reason is,Most youth sports are age base and no one cares what grade you are in. It is a level playing field in the eyes of the majority of parents and children.

Grade base is where you let select heldback kids get an advantage other exact same age and birthday kids dont get, majority of parents and children think it is not a level playing field in grade base youth sports. Pretty simple dont you think???

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many people think not doing pre-first and stealing a year of education from your child at the sake of following the government 1-12 system is a disgrace. We call them "rush-forwards". Rush-forwards are really diluting the talent in our age division. It's really not fair and someone should do something about it. Rushing forward had become an epidemic in youth sports.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many people think not doing pre-first and stealing a year of education from your child at the sake of following the government 1-12 system is a disgrace. We call them "rush-forwards". Rush-forwards are really diluting the talent in our age division. It's really not fair and someone should do something about it. Rushing forward had become an epidemic in youth sports.
lmao, awesome.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Agreed. These rush-forwarding apologists have gotten out of control. It's time to take our division back and stop allowing inferior talent to rush-forward.

Page 10 of 28 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard