BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 22 of 97 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse is another team that get better when they added older kids. A lot of 2002 birthdates.

Originally Posted by Anonymous
I thought the best players from Greenwich and CT. played for Eclipse?

They do in the 2021s. And by the way, that 2021 eclipse team is going to be even better this year with a few nice adds. And not holdbacks.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Eclipse is another team that get better when they added older kids. A lot of 2002 birthdates.

They do in the 2021s. And by the way, that 2021 eclipse team is going to be even better this year with a few nice adds. And not holdbacks.

LI Express North 2021 doesn't have any holdbacks that I'm aware of.
Does everyone else cheat? Where's the resident blowhard?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There are absolutely reclassified kids. Maybe 3-5. They were Express 2020 last year and through the miracle of summer break and private school they are now 2021s. Abracadabra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a team roster for LIE north 2021, but I'm pretty sure you are misinformed. None this past summer and I don't think the team added 3-5 new players (all holdbacks). How are you so certain?

There are absolutely reclassified kids. Maybe 3-5. They were Express 2020 last year and through the miracle of summer break and private school they are now 2021s. Abracadabra.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Eclipse 2021 also added a number of held back 2020s. Hold backs are definitely a problem at many CT & Westchester clubs when kids hit eighth grade. Do any clubs in the area take a stance against hold backs? Could be a good way to differentiate yourself against other CT & Westchester clubs.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reclass kids on 2020 express north?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any reclass kids on 2020 express north?
of course there are, were already last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Holdbacks probably but no reclass kids last year

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't have a team roster for LIE north 2021, but I'm pretty sure you are misinformed. None this past summer and I don't think the team added 3-5 new players (all holdbacks). How are you so certain?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I see kids who were on 2020 last year and then this year are trying out for 2021 I'm only guessing they've reclassified ....

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No hold backs for PT 2021 just the best players from Greenwhich who are older than their NY counterparts.

Is this a joke? Plenty of hold backs on that team.

Exactly. Who is anyone kidding.
Daniello should move his PT program to the Brunswick campus. Most of the holdbacks are from there, and perhaps then they would show up for the practices and clinics,instead of not making the trek to northern Westchester.

PT really picked 3d clean. Will it be any different or just further north?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

When I see kids who were on 2020 last year and then this year are trying out for 2021 I'm only guessing they've reclassified .... [/quote]

Misinformed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does everyone else cheat? Where's the resident blowhard?[/quote]

There are absolutely reclassified kids. Maybe 3-5. They were Express 2020 last year and through the miracle of summer break and private school they are now 2021s. Abracadabra. [/quote]

I don't have a team roster for LIE north 2021, but I'm pretty sure you are misinformed. None this past summer and I don't think the team added 3-5 new players (all holdbacks). How are you so certain?[/quote] When I see kids who were on 2020 last year and then this year are trying out for 2021 I'm only guessing they've reclassified .... [/quote]

Misinformed. [/quote]

So holdbacks attended tryouts? And your conclusion is the LIE 2021 has a roster full of holdbacks. I know the parent group well after 3 seasons and I'm pretty sure there are no kids that should be playing in 2020. In fact, many kids are very young for 2021. Please climb down off your soap box and take your agenda with you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. All team have them. I you think not you are delisional. It is what it is just let the kids play and enjoy.
Some people sound like they are being robbed of something.n

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who cares. All team have them. I you think not you are delisional. It is what it is just let the kids play and enjoy.

Agreed that no one is being robbed of anything and very true that it is what it is. That's life. But philosophically I think something is broken if this is where the state of the game is.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agreed that no one is being robbed of anything and very true that it is what it is. That's life. But philosophically I think something is broken if this is where the state of the game is.

All teams do not have holdbacks. Of course the system can be changed so that we use an age based system. How can anyone defend the holdback?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sorry you are just wrong or unaware.
ALL clubs have them some more than others
Its just the way it is. People have to deal with reality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Express North is providing there 2021s with Gillette razors this year in addition to gloves.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I heard that Express North is providing there 2021s with Gillette razors this year in addition to gloves.

Seriously, I think you have LIE North confused with PT 2021.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether you kept your kid back a year in pre-school or he was reclassified when switching to private school or in some cases both, it's naive not to think all these teams dont have "holdbacks"! Pt 2021 does...maybe half the team at this point. I know Exress does as well...maybe not as many as PT...Eclipse even more than PT.

Club teams are based on graduation year not birth year, for these teams to even try to be competitive with Long Island teams they need BIG post puberty kids that graduate in 2021....and yes, some may be two years older!

It is what it is!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only truth is Eclipse and Primetime have the best 2021 players in the area. For anyone to say they are full of holdbacks shows they are envious of the success of both programs. I personally know Express North did not have one hold backs on the team last season. This area is full of great coaches on a bunch of teams and everyone's main concern should be is my son getting better being on the team that he was on.

I do think Schreiber, Daniello, Hanford should get together and have a tournament in the spring for this area. They should be trying to get these kids playing at the level of the top teams on Long Island and in Baltimore.

God Bless to all on 9/11

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The only truth is Eclipse and Primetime have the best 2021 players in the area. For anyone to say they are full of holdbacks shows they are envious of the success of both programs. I personally know Express North did not have one hold backs on the team last season. This area is full of great coaches on a bunch of teams and everyone's main concern should be is my son getting better being on the team that he was on.

I do think Schreiber, Daniello, Hanford should get together and have a tournament in the spring for this area. They should be trying to get these kids playing at the level of the top teams on Long Island and in Baltimore.

God Bless to all on 9/11

Why do you equate people calling out programs for encouraging and promoting the holdback phenomenon and envy? Are you an LIE North parent who knows there were no holdbacks last year? How do you feel about parents holding their kids back a year to be able to better compete against your son? These programs are exploiting children and the parents are buying in. Very sad.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God Bless to all on 9/11

Why do you equate people calling out programs for encouraging and promoting the holdback phenomenon and envy? Are you an LIE North parent who knows there were no holdbacks last year? How do you feel about parents holding their kids back a year to be able to better compete against your son? These programs are exploiting children and the parents are buying in. Very sad.

Agreed. Why are those who call it out as a problem get such vitriolic responses? If your kid is not a holdback but is on a team loaded with them good for you but don't convince yourself that your own son has risen to the ranks of an elite player because he is being propped up by a team of older kids. And if you held your kid back and it works out and he gets recruited, good for you too. But don't call the rest of us losers because 1) we wouldn't play chicken with our kid's life and 2) believe there is inherently something wrong with a system that allows this to happen in the first place. Yes, maybe your son will be a D1 recruit if you reclass him but don't for a second forget that he's been pimped out to get there. And how come the programs never talk about the reclassed kids that did not find the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not a holdback or classified, he's a young 13 year old on a mostly older 2021 team. He's a bit big for his age but not overly so, he has struggled this year because of the huge disparity in height and weight but he knows it will even out eventually and in HS if he's good enough he will be playing with and against boys 2 and three years older. His focus now is his speed and stick work so when puberty finally does kick in he will once again be a strong dominant player.

It would be great if club teams were based on birth year...but they're not so we just make the best of it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is not a holdback or classified, he's a young 13 year old on a mostly older 2021 team. He's a bit big for his age but not overly so, he has struggled this year because of the huge disparity in height and weight but he knows it will even out eventually and in HS if he's good enough he will be playing with and against boys 2 and three years older. His focus now is his speed and stick work so when puberty finally does kick in he will once again be a strong dominant player.

It would be great if club teams were based on birth year...but they're not so we just make the best of it.

Similar situation for my son as well. Frustrating for the kid.

Not inclined to hold back because he does well in school and that is ultimately what will count most. However it would be really nice if the boy could enjoy the sport at which he works so hard and loves so much.

It's like yearning for that supermodel that would never give you the time of day.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God Bless to all on 9/11

The irony for Daniello, who, on the one hand is passionate about John Jay lacrosse, coaching both 8th grade youth and assistant on JJ Varsity, by going all-in with reclassified players on PT starting in 8th/9th grades, he's been forced to cut many JJ players who had been with PT for 3 or 4 years. Rightfully so, since many couldn't compete anymore against the older competition. The problem going forward is those B level players are now scattered on various B teams, and those 1 or 2 who are still with PT are resented as prima donnas. (Which, as an outsider, was already evident this year, and will get worse going forward because of the parents) I know some on this site have issues with the Yorktown Ballers program because of conflict of interests, but putting that aside , Yorktown will continue to clean John Jay's clock for the foreseeable future just because their A & B players bond as a team even during the summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God Bless to all on 9/11

The irony for Daniello, who, on the one hand is passionate about John Jay lacrosse, coaching both 8th grade youth and assistant on JJ Varsity, by going all-in with reclassified players on PT starting in 8th/9th grades, he's been forced to cut many JJ players who had been with PT for 3 or 4 years. Rightfully so, since many couldn't compete anymore against the older competition. The problem going forward is those B level players are now scattered on various B teams, and those 1 or 2 who are still with PT are resented as prima donnas. (Which, as an outsider, was already evident this year, and will get worse going forward because of the parents) I know some on this site have issues with the Yorktown Ballers program because of conflict of interests, but putting that aside , Yorktown will continue to clean John Jay's clock for the foreseeable future just because their A & B players bond as a team even during the summer.

Sounds like "as an outsider" you aren't aware that many of the best Yorktown kids now play for Primetime which kills your theory! Although Yorktown may still "clean their clock" for other reasons!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God Bless to all on 9/11

Sounds like "as an outsider" you aren't aware that many of the best Yorktown kids now play for Primetime which kills your theory! Although Yorktown may still "clean their clock" for other reasons!

Maybe your perception of who "the best Yorktown kids..." is wrong. I can't think of one of Yorktown's best that plays for PT, not one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LSM for PT 2021 is a Yorktowner and is the best player on his PT & Yorktown team.
Absolute stud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

God Bless to all on 9/11

Maybe your perception of who "the best Yorktown kids..." is wrong. I can't think of one of Yorktown's best that plays for PT, not one.

you are clueless!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The LSM for PT 2021 is a Yorktowner and is the best player on his PT & Yorktown team.
Absolute stud.

One little kid?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute stud.

I hear PT also has three of the best 2026 Yorktown players. You guys are hilarious.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolute stud.

I hear PT also has three of the best 2026 Yorktown players. You guys are hilarious.

I heard they are so good they are playing up to 2021!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nah, PT just added a bunch of older CT kids to the
2021 team, no room for those awesome 1st graders.
Maybe the Yorktowners will have to ride
the bench or were they cut? The holdback culture
really has become pathetic.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder would you still have a problem if I held my kid back and he was still smaller than average?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback issue bleeds into alot.

But there are 2 forces that may work to help curb it: 1 is CONNY town travel league putting age restrictions in place and other is WSYL age restrictions if changed to Sept 1st.

The most notorious abusers of dropping a grade to kick [lacrosse] are the rich competitive types in Greenwich, New Canaan, Rye. These are the kids on PT and Eclipse and Brunswick rosters. Maybe when CONNY makes them play against kids their own age they will have to endure not being able to cheat a system anymore. Let's see all the holdback 7th graders kick butt when forced to play against 8th graders.

And if they dream of playing in Denver for WSYL, clubs have to change rosters because Billy the holdback who was born in August of 2003 can't be used on a 2022 roster despite the claim he is a 7th grader.

The culture of holdback won't stop but these are 2 good checks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Private schools reclassify kids....it's a money thing having nothing to do with lacrosse or sports in general. It also happens to benefit the wealthy parents who feel the pathetic need to put their kid in Brunswick just to have him dominate on the lax field!

You can't blame Prime Time or Eclipse....blame all these college coaches that start poaching these boys at such an early age, blame all these 7/8th grade showcases that are really just money grabs, blame the Dad's that will do anything it takes....including spending $30-$40k a year in order to better his kids chance at playing in college.

A lot of pressure on these boys, why can't they just play, have fun, love the game and wherever they end up they end up!

There's no pot of gold at the end of the lacrosse rainbow, you play for the love of the game! That's what makes it so great!Yy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The holdback issue bleeds into alot.

But there are 2 forces that may work to help curb it: 1 is CONNY town travel league putting age restrictions in place and other is WSYL age restrictions if changed to Sept 1st.

The most notorious abusers of dropping a grade to kick [lacrosse] are the rich competitive types in Greenwich, New Canaan, Rye. These are the kids on PT and Eclipse and Brunswick rosters. Maybe when CONNY makes them play against kids their own age they will have to endure not being able to cheat a system anymore. Let's see all the holdback 7th graders kick butt when forced to play against 8th graders.

And if they dream of playing in Denver for WSYL, clubs have to change rosters because Billy the holdback who was born in August of 2003 can't be used on a 2022 roster despite the claim he is a 7th grader.

The culture of holdback won't stop but these are 2 good checks.

I would expect some roster adjustments before WSYL by Primetime. They may carry some extra kids who won't play much just to bolster roster for WSYL. Force everyone to play age appropriate, the sports become an embarrassment. Adults preying on minors for $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it true the best player on Eclipse 2021 went to Primetime? If true Daniello owns this area.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he was the 5th attack man

Like Reply Quote
Page 22 of 97 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 96 97
Quick Reply