BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 79 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Where are the 2020 philly teams going this Fall?

How's the Mesa Fall Brawl line up looking?

I've heard the 3d IMG tourney in Delaware is drawing some good teams.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no 2020's worth anything will go to Fall Brawl. They will all be a showcase events.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with prospect days? Are they worth it, or really just a money grab?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone have experience with prospect days? Are they worth it, or really just a money grab?

Prospect days are great avenues for recruiting if you approach them properly. First and foremost, be realistic about your skill level and GRADES! Player must have appeal in either grades, talent, or both.

Make sure the coach knows you are interested by emailing and sending video. Confirm attendance at prospect day with email and expression of interest. At prospect day, introduce yourself(player) to coach and make sure he knows your number.

Play well.

Ask to speak with coach afterward.
At some point during this process, you will likely learn of their interest in you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

no 2020's worth anything will go to Fall Brawl. They will all be a showcase events.

What fall showcases are there?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor nxt parents\kids. All that money, traveling and hipe knighting for nothing. Like sheep lead over a cliff. Should have demanded better coaching/training. Instead all that money went to the van that plays loud music. Many other clubs in philly don't abandon the kids after eighth grade.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Poor nxt parents\kids. All that money, traveling and hipe knighting for nothing. Like sheep lead over a cliff. Should have demanded better coaching/training. Instead all that money went to the van that plays loud music. Many other clubs in philly don't abandon the kids after eighth grade.
For starters thats not true. Most elite clubs have tryouts every year. At least NXT keeps the team once they are Freshman. No more tryouts. ALL other clubs have tryouts every year. NXT doesn't allow for guest players, doesn't allow out of state "fly in" studs. All the others do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Pretty sure that NXT offers a one-time open try out to their high school teams in the 9th grade and has for a few years now. Just because your kid didn't make the cut doesn't mean the process is suddenly unfair.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Penn State has the best 2020 attackman committed. And they also have the weakest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Great talking points!! There were 23 kids on nxt roster for eighth grade. Five of those kids made the ninth grade team. Four of those for show, as there was way better talent on the field for tryouts. It is a fair question to ask, if only one of 23 kids was talented enough to make the team, is this a reflection of poor coaching/training for the money?
For starters thats not true. Most elite clubs have tryouts every year. At least NXT keeps the team once they are Freshman. No more tryouts. ALL other clubs have tryouts every year. NXT doesn't allow for guest players, doesn't allow out of state "fly in" studs. All the others do.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If the entire Rising Sons roster (+ some talented players from HHH, Mesa, etc..) had decided to try out for any one local club, some 2020's were going to be displaced.

The good news is if your kid is as great as you think he'll have no problem finding a home. There are plenty of clubs that would be happy to take a stud who slipped through the cracks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't believe you all have this much discussion on a Philly board.
The LI board is much better, just like on the LAX field, I guess.
Your teams are weak.
Your parents are weak.
Your kids are weak.
Your coaching is weak.
Get it together and rally one team with the best kids and come to the island or shut up already.
We own you. When your kids are at showcases w LI kids they get destroyed. Please get better Philly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are two good 2020 teams on Long Island the rest of the teams are not very good.
Across the board the parents are brutal. Not sure who are worse
Boston or LI.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly tried that....it was called Rising Sons 2021. Unfortunately due to daddy ball and cheating it imploded.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Philly tried that....it was called Rising Sons 2021. Unfortunately due to daddy ball and cheating it imploded.
haha. Back stronger than ever.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mr. Nurry, where there is smoke there's fire....."let the truth set you free". He doth protest too much.

Let's be clear here. BL did get caught cheating, it was made very clear by NXT already. And they started their program because their founder, and best player's father, was not asked to coach at Freedom and he became incredibly miffed at that. These are facts.
Brotherly Love is cheapest in the area for their age groups. But that is because tourneys at that age are for the most part cheaper to attend. Right now it is most appropriate to look at middle school and high school as the best metric for cost;

This post was brought to my attention.

In reading these threads, I can't assuage you from the conviction that Brotherly Love is cheating there way to tournament championships and dastardly pursuing wins while laying waste to the Philly youth lacrosse landscape. So I won't try; however, your representation of why I started the club is a gross misrepresentation.

This is how the events transpired. I took my oldest son to tryout for the 2023 Freedom Team, based upon my research I thought it was the best Philly based club. My son is a 2024 player and he made the 2023 team. His experience was excellent. Did they win every game, no. Did they win a single tournament, no. However, loved his two coaches, made new friends, had a blast, and got better. He eventually worked his way to a starting attack spot on the team, so no daddy ball either. The two coaches that Freedom had in place were excellent and he still talks fondly of them to this day and is excited when he sees them at games. After all, we are talking about a kid that is still in elementary school.

Despite the incredibly positive experience, this is why I started the club with another father.

1. It was a pain in the [lacrosse] driving all the way from Kennett to Downingtown and it literally took at least an hour one way during rush hour, anyone that has been on 202 at that time can vouch.

2. Kennett Community Teams were stacked at 2022, 2023, and 2024. I believe we could literally field a national caliber club from just one neighborhood, Hartefeld, and play with any team in the country.

3. Parents that disbursed throughout the various local club offerings asked me to start a club team because they thought 2K for a club team was a ridiculous amount of money.

4. I am an entrepeneur, it is in my DNA.

So there you have it. Freedom experience was fantastic, coaching was excellent, and if I had to do it all over again, would. The impetus came solely from the reasons above and nothing more. I was never asked to coach and after coaching 3 of my own kids at the rec level was looking forward to just lounging in my chair, toes in the grass, drinking a beer. I was spent. All of us that have coached football and lacrosse in particular know the feeling. End of the season there is just very little left in the tank. I was never "miffed" simply just glad to be there.

If you are going to state facts might want to get them straight before traversing the libel route.

Can't let it go... if you are so wrong about why I started Brotherly Love and blatantly fabricated the story it does cast some serious credibility on your ascertions that BL is a nefarious cheater and that NXT has reprimanded us. As one of the owners of the club I can tell you we have not been chided and I personally talked to their tournament director and validated our players oscillating from team to team as long as they played "down" was acceptable.

Step out of the shrouds of anonymity and let the truth set you free.
Jonathan Nurry
Brotherly Love, Co-Founder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1 attackman and 1 defenseman don't make a team TD.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha you think everything is td, your a goof go look at yourself in the mirror........I know thats what i'm talking about.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
“Some people have so little going on in their lives, they would rather discuss yours.” ~Unknown
:-)

quote=Anonymous]Mr. Nurry, where there is smoke there's fire....."let the truth set you free". He doth protest too much.

Let's be clear here. BL did get caught cheating, it was made very clear by NXT already. And they started their program because their founder, and best player's father, was not asked to coach at Freedom and he became incredibly miffed at that. These are facts.
Brotherly Love is cheapest in the area for their age groups. But that is because tourneys at that age are for the most part cheaper to attend. Right now it is most appropriate to look at middle school and high school as the best metric for cost;

This post was brought to my attention.

In reading these threads, I can't assuage you from the conviction that Brotherly Love is cheating there way to tournament championships and dastardly pursuing wins while laying waste to the Philly youth lacrosse landscape. So I won't try; however, your representation of why I started the club is a gross misrepresentation.

This is how the events transpired. I took my oldest son to tryout for the 2023 Freedom Team, based upon my research I thought it was the best Philly based club. My son is a 2024 player and he made the 2023 team. His experience was excellent. Did they win every game, no. Did they win a single tournament, no. However, loved his two coaches, made new friends, had a blast, and got better. He eventually worked his way to a starting attack spot on the team, so no daddy ball either. The two coaches that Freedom had in place were excellent and he still talks fondly of them to this day and is excited when he sees them at games. After all, we are talking about a kid that is still in elementary school.

Despite the incredibly positive experience, this is why I started the club with another father.

1. It was a pain in the [lacrosse] driving all the way from Kennett to Downingtown and it literally took at least an hour one way during rush hour, anyone that has been on 202 at that time can vouch.

2. Kennett Community Teams were stacked at 2022, 2023, and 2024. I believe we could literally field a national caliber club from just one neighborhood, Hartefeld, and play with any team in the country.

3. Parents that disbursed throughout the various local club offerings asked me to start a club team because they thought 2K for a club team was a ridiculous amount of money.

4. I am an entrepeneur, it is in my DNA.

So there you have it. Freedom experience was fantastic, coaching was excellent, and if I had to do it all over again, would. The impetus came solely from the reasons above and nothing more. I was never asked to coach and after coaching 3 of my own kids at the rec level was looking forward to just lounging in my chair, toes in the grass, drinking a beer. I was spent. All of us that have coached football and lacrosse in particular know the feeling. End of the season there is just very little left in the tank. I was never "miffed" simply just glad to be there.

If you are going to state facts might want to get them straight before traversing the libel route.

Can't let it go... if you are so wrong about why I started Brotherly Love and blatantly fabricated the story it does cast some serious credibility on your ascertions that BL is a nefarious cheater and that NXT has reprimanded us. As one of the owners of the club I can tell you we have not been chided and I personally talked to their tournament director and validated our players oscillating from team to team as long as they played "down" was acceptable.

Step out of the shrouds of anonymity and let the truth set you free.
Jonathan Nurry
Brotherly Love, Co-Founder
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard they found a bunch of 2020 evaluation sheets in the trashcan with doodle art all over them. Now at dinner tonight, I can explain to my stud kid why he fell through the cracks.
If the entire Rising Sons roster (+ some talented players from HHH, Mesa, etc..) had decided to try out for any one local club, some 2020's were going to be displaced.

The good news is if your kid is as great as you think he'll have no problem finding a home. There are plenty of clubs that would be happy to take a stud who slipped through the cracks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God forbid little Johnny face a setback in his young life....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
God forbid little Johnny face a setback in his young life....

Says the dad who has done everything in his power to make sure his kid made the team!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
haha you think everything is td, your a goof go look at yourself in the mirror........I know thats what i'm talking about.

What does this mean? "I know that's what i'm talking about" and what is td? is this some type of code?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
TD is short for Tad Doyle the founder of Rising sons. He is kinda like the jesus of philly lax some think he is the mesiah others think he is a lunatic. I am somewhere in the middle

Like Reply Quote
Re: BOTC Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Jesus that is a stretch

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's get some constructive conversation going here...
Who's gonna win Fall Brawl?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You can't "win" Fall Brawl. I believe its 3 games and done. They charge $800 to run 1 game. So my guess Mesa is the winner.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I dare somebody come on hear and say Sons. I dare you.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sons started the philly lax revolution. Before them it lousy clubs coached by college kids who didnt want to be there. After the 2020s got going people realized that kids wanted to be active year round and have better non dad coaches. Now there are better options than fever and pyla in the area. You call the sons cheaters, I call them revolutionaries.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The Sons started the philly lax revolution. Before them it lousy clubs coached by college kids who didnt want to be there. After the 2020s got going people realized that kids wanted to be active year round and have better non dad coaches. Now there are better options than fever and pyla in the area. You call the sons cheaters, I call them revolutionaries.
Agreed. We've played with a few clubs in philly and landed last year with the Sons. Head and shoulders above anything we've been to. People can say what they want but once you experience it your mind will change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ouch. This will certainly stoke the conversation. Nice work TD.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can someone explain to me what is the purpose of the Dukes National team? How can a team that practices once a month be better than a top team that practices year round?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whooooaaaaaa, "Jesus of Philly Lax"??? I am sincerely hoping you don't mean that! Lacrosse has been huge in Philly for decades, and even if you meant just youth lacrosse you can't even breathe [lacrosse] name in the same sentence as guys like Norm Treinish, Jeff Pettit, John Linehan, [lacrosse] Lange, Ralph Davies, Tony Resch, Chris Flynn, and maybe 25 other guys. These are the guys who played in college and brought lacrosse to our kids by starting the youth leagues which led to quality high school play and then now the club teams. Tad started a program 4 years ago that will last 1 more year. He had one great team that imploded after 1 year.
Sorry for the ranting but it appears no one on this site knows the history of lacrosse in Philadelphia. It is rich and should be required knowledge for every parent and kid in the area.
TD is short for Tad Doyle the founder of Rising sons. He is kinda like the jesus of philly lax some think he is the mesiah others think he is a lunatic. I am somewhere in the middle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What the [lacrosse] are you talking about? The evolution is simple;
Ashbee started youth lacrosse first with Abington right behind them. Then came SEPYLA and then CCLA. From there PYLA and Black Bear and a few others started. A few years later started Mesa, Freedom and some more and they got more competitive. Then came some more, Roughriders, HHH, Dukes Youth, and then Rising Sons. All were coached by fathers, even Rising Sons.
You are a moron and know nothing of the history of youth lacrosse in the area. What has hurt us so much in PA is the fathers who start programs who never played the game! This is not football, this is not baseball, lacrosse is a fraternity and all of us who played the game in college and who are watching you all run around like chickens with your heads cut off find it hysterical to think you are going to buy your way in.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love when Tad responds to his own messages as if he's a different person! Really going to suck when Rising Sons folds next year. They already folded their 24 and 25 teams and currently have only 3 teams left. Next year will have only 2 and TD will be watching his kid at Malvern.....the ship is sinking people!!!!

Agreed. We've played with a few clubs in philly and landed last year with the Sons. Head and shoulders above anything we've been to. People can say what they want but once you experience it your mind will change.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The 2020 Sons was a great team until half the kids were sent to the nxt money train and the other half sent on the train to nowhere. Why any parent/kid would waste their time or money on these two clubs is a complete mystery when after 8th grade its bye bye time. There are plenty of other great clubs in the philly area to choose from.

Like Reply Quote
Re Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid is at sons for the coaching. The coaching NOW, not at HS showcase time.
What many of you don't realize is the reshuffle when these kids enter the HS years.
It happened before sons, it's gonna happen now, it's gonna happen in the future.
IT DOES NOT MATTER WHERE SNOWFLAKE PLAYS TODAY.
Get the best coaching and then decide who you will play for when he's a rising freshman.
I love all the loyalty talk about after 8th grade. You can jump ship on a program and conversely, they can cut ties with you.
Buyer beware.

Like Reply Quote
Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who reshuffles at high school now?
Freedom? no
Mesa? no
HHH? no
Dukes? no

NXT had a terrible team at 2020. They went out and cut a deal to
get 12 kids from a very good team. Then acted like they where having an open tryout. Made a couple thousand and picked up a couple additional kids. May have even dropped from a talent
level from the 2020 Rising Sons team. My guess is that it will happen again next year. So if your kid is a "Snowflake" on the Rising Sons team he will have no problem getting in with NXT. If he is not one of the "Snowflakes" he will be out in the cold with the other NXT and Rising Sons outsiders.

Like Reply Quote
Re: Main Forum Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Heard that some parents aren't really happy with all of the selections of the NXT 2020 team. People have been overheard saying "this kid shouldn't have made it, _______ is better". Not a great way to start a season with a new team

Like Reply Quote
Page 9 of 79 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard