BACK OF THE CAGE
MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys 2024-8th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 12:39 PM
Boys 2027-5th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 12:30 PM
Long Island Express Lacrosse
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 10:29 AM
Boys 2025-7th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 10:00 AM
Girls 2021-11th Grade Fall 2019/Summer 2020
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 09:50 AM
Boys 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 07:39 AM
Girls 2025 Grads - Mid Atlantic Region
by Anonymous. 10/17/19 07:12 AM
Forum Statistics
Forums18
Topics1,807
Posts256,790
Members2,138
Most Online6,944
Yesterday at 10:34 PM
SUBSCRIBE


FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 24 of 75 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 74 75
Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186028
09/14/16 10:48 PM
09/14/16 10:48 PM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Private schools typically suggest and offer pre-1st. Unless it is a national conspiracy among private schools to drive up early high school college lacrosse commitments that was collaborated 20 or so years ago, I would contend there is no gaming of any system, other than maybe a system of inventing an extra school year worth of tuition for a great percentage of paying families. Many people on here probably could have used that extra year, and I would contend that the concept was thoughtfully developed by mostly good people, with education as the primary focus. To say that the government model of grades 1-12, unchanged for let's say 60-70 years, is the gold standard of excellence in education would be questionable at best.


Very well said.

BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186033
09/15/16 05:17 AM
09/15/16 05:17 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Private schools typically suggest and offer pre-1st. Unless it is a national conspiracy among private schools to drive up early high school college lacrosse commitments that was collaborated 20 or so years ago, I would contend there is no gaming of any system, other than maybe a system of inventing an extra school year worth of tuition for a great percentage of paying families. Many people on here probably could have used that extra year, and I would contend that the concept was thoughtfully developed by mostly good people, with education as the primary focus. To say that the government model of grades 1-12, unchanged for let's say 60-70 years, is the gold standard of excellence in education would be questionable at best.


Very well said.


Private schools are in the business of educating children. If your child needs extra time because they can't sit still, get through a day without crying or napping, it makes sense to do an extra year to let them mature. What does that have to do with their ability to play sports? Kids don't have to play sports with "their friends" on the grade. I personally believe hockey does it right. You make a team by birth year- regardless of your grade. If your team is good, you can play up against Majors if you are in the Minor division, but you never play down. Every once in awhile excellent players get a waiver from the governing body to skip a year and play with an older team. These players are usually the kids that go the furthest. This is the exact opposite from lacrosse. The soft mentality of playing down is ridiculous. Play your age or play up. If you are talented enough, you will stand out no matter where you are. If you are small, you can do a PG year and possibly still be small, but truly talented kids can overcome that short coming.... Look at some of the small college and MLL players. Personally, I was never concerned with my kids as they always played up and are all in HS now, so my stance isn't personally rooted. I just think the sport has been reduced to a "pampered kid" sport and there is less grit among the players. It's far easier to take the easy way out than work to stand out. It's what is wrong with society today- kids and their parents need immediate gratification- if you are not committed or being looked at by 8th or 9th grade, repeat a grade rather than work hard or have faith in your skills. I'm quite disappointed to see that holding back players is now becoming more popular in NY and NJ. I wonder what the new trend will be when the holdback advantage disappears and levels the field.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186035
09/15/16 07:12 AM
09/15/16 07:12 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



[quote=Anonymous]Another day, another FCA commit

WOW that team is loaded. When do they post the roster?

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186040
09/15/16 08:51 AM
09/15/16 08:51 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



9 commits from FCA/Crabs/Looneys. Care to guess what percentage of those are reclassed? Age based classification for youth lacrosse can't come soon enough. What a sham.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186043
09/15/16 09:02 AM
09/15/16 09:02 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Petro at Hopkins does not have a single MD commit. Probably because they all know Baltimore is a dump.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186045
09/15/16 09:29 AM
09/15/16 09:29 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



so you should not go to Yale because New Haven is a dump...You are a [lacrosse]

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186049
09/15/16 09:49 AM
09/15/16 09:49 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



You must be from Baltimore. 10 Commits from MD and not a single one to Hopkins? What is the reason Mr. Natty Bo?

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186053
09/15/16 10:03 AM
09/15/16 10:03 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Not reclass'd. Did pre-first. Nothing to see here. Youth age divisions would have no bearing on this outcome today, as they are not in youth lacrosse anymore. HS is HS, and recruiting is organized by graduation year, period. Talk to the government about taking a look at the public grade 1-12 system, but don't label the kids for getting the best education possible. Most of the kids on their teams, and the teams they compete against are all about a year older or younger on average. There is nothing nefarious going on here. Good kids, good players.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186054
09/15/16 10:10 AM
09/15/16 10:10 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Petro at Hopkins does not have a single MD commit. Probably because they all know Baltimore is a dump.
the girls are not attractive at hopkins. my sons wanted nothing to do with it.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186056
09/15/16 10:14 AM
09/15/16 10:14 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



King of Holdbacks doesn't have one from the land of Holdbacks.

Sponsored Links
Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186061
09/15/16 10:41 AM
09/15/16 10:41 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Private schools typically suggest and offer pre-1st. Unless it is a national conspiracy among private schools to drive up early high school college lacrosse commitments that was collaborated 20 or so years ago, I would contend there is no gaming of any system, other than maybe a system of inventing an extra school year worth of tuition for a great percentage of paying families. Many people on here probably could have used that extra year, and I would contend that the concept was thoughtfully developed by mostly good people, with education as the primary focus. To say that the government model of grades 1-12, unchanged for let's say 60-70 years, is the gold standard of excellence in education would be questionable at best.


Very well said.


Private schools are in the business of educating children. If your child needs extra time because they can't sit still, get through a day without crying or napping, it makes sense to do an extra year to let them mature. What does that have to do with their ability to play sports? Kids don't have to play sports with "their friends" on the grade. I personally believe hockey does it right. You make a team by birth year- regardless of your grade. If your team is good, you can play up against Majors if you are in the Minor division, but you never play down. Every once in awhile excellent players get a waiver from the governing body to skip a year and play with an older team. These players are usually the kids that go the furthest. This is the exact opposite from lacrosse. The soft mentality of playing down is ridiculous. Play your age or play up. If you are talented enough, you will stand out no matter where you are. If you are small, you can do a PG year and possibly still be small, but truly talented kids can overcome that short coming.... Look at some of the small college and MLL players. Personally, I was never concerned with my kids as they always played up and are all in HS now, so my stance isn't personally rooted. I just think the sport has been reduced to a "pampered kid" sport and there is less grit among the players. It's far easier to take the easy way out than work to stand out. It's what is wrong with society today- kids and their parents need immediate gratification- if you are not committed or being looked at by 8th or 9th grade, repeat a grade rather than work hard or have faith in your skills. I'm quite disappointed to see that holding back players is now becoming more popular in NY and NJ. I wonder what the new trend will be when the holdback advantage disappears and levels the field.


Beautifully said.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186062
09/15/16 10:42 AM
09/15/16 10:42 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Petro at Hopkins does not have a single MD commit. Probably because they all know Baltimore is a dump.
the girls are not attractive at hopkins. my sons wanted nothing to do with it.


But, as you say, the girls at Hopkins are not attractive, is this the main reason why your daughter is going there or is it because your wife went to Hopkins?

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: TommyM] #186063
09/15/16 10:47 AM
09/15/16 10:47 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Larry LarryMiller,
still waiting on who is the best 2020 player in the country who's on VLC.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186064
09/15/16 10:55 AM
09/15/16 10:55 AM
Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
NY
T
TommyM Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
TommyM  Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
T

Joined: Oct 2010
Posts: 1,050
NY
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Larry LarryMiller,
still waiting on who is the best 2020 player in the country who's on VLC.


I have no idea. I guess I could look it up but you could tell me.

Learning lacrosse but soccer is my game.

Re: Boys 2020 [Re: Anonymous] #186065
09/15/16 10:55 AM
09/15/16 10:55 AM

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A



Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Petro at Hopkins does not have a single MD commit. Probably because they all know Baltimore is a dump.
the girls are not attractive at hopkins. my sons wanted nothing to do with it.


But, as you say, the girls at Hopkins are not attractive, is this the main reason why your daughter is going there or is it because your wife went to Hopkins?


Oh my God, grow the f**k up.

Page 24 of 75 1 2 22 23 24 25 26 74 75



Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 7.7.1