BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32
Re: Boys 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
CAN YOU OR ANYONE ADVISE WHAT ARE SOME OF THE BETTER RECRUITING TOURNAMENTS THAT KIDS SHOULD ATTEND IF THEY ARE INTERESTED IN PLAYING COLLEGE BALL, ESPECIALLY FOR A D1 SCHOOL???

Turn off your cap lock!!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son was on Express 2021 B team last year and will be on Express B team this year as well because quite frankly he belongs on the B team. No one has told us or any other parents that we know that this will be an A team. Your C to C minus grade for last year is accurate. It started out a frustrating year with some kids on the team that weren't that good. I'm not insulting them but all the kids weren't at the same skill level. What we have been told is that if all the kids accept the offer to be on the team is we will be a competitive team, and that's all we're looking for. We were offered a spot on an "A" team with another team but to be honest we liked the coach , Karwoski. Good bunch of kids on the team and they came off smiling every time. Every kid on that team got better last year and it was evident that he cared for the kids. Is Express expensive? You bet your a$$ it is but we knew it going in and we know it this year as well. I think the problem is that kids and parents don't want to hear junior is not A team yet and they run for another team, very rarely do I hear that the ones who run are happy at their new team either.
Wow, how refreshing it is to hear from a parent who sees this as what it is. A great way to have your kid get better and play with other kids he likes. Thank you for restoring my faith in lax parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son played on A teams from 3rd grade through 7th grade. It became evident that he wasn't keeping up with the curve and last year sat more than he played on what was an exceptional team. This year coach was honest and said he would take him back but he wouldn't play and he felt that would hurt his development. He was honest and din't want him to be stunted in his development. I appreciated that and he now will be playing for a A/B team. A team that is a step below in terms of competitiveness but is very well coached. I think my son at first was upset that he couldn't tell his friends he was playing on an A team, but I am sure his development will now move forward given the fact that he can compete for more playing time.
A or B only matters in terms of egos. If your kid plays and is learning and growing and the competition is just right (no 10 goal wins or 10 goal losses), then he will have fun and he will grow and soon may be on an A team again but for the right reasons.
As a father who has been a bit blind, I now appreciate what that coach said and feel fortunate that my son isn't going back to that team to sit the bench just so we both can wear a "A" team sweatshirt. Once again Lax will be fun1 The way it was supposed to be!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This year, my son attended 3 tryouts and made all 3. My 1st question was will my son get better by playing on team 1,2 or 3?
I looked at who was coaching those teams, the cost of tuition and then added in the cost of the 3-5 away tournaments. Some serious cash being spent on this sport.
Speaking to each coach ( it's a lot easier to do than you would think ) and letting them know my concerns was very helpful. Each coach was more than willing to answer my questions.
As a family, we will choose the team WE think where he will get very good training , playing time and hopefully improve as a player.
So my main question to the coaches were ,will he improve if he is on your team and why do you think that.
One last note, where he plays is my business and not anyone else's.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
This year, my son attended 3 tryouts and made all 3. My 1st question was will my son get better by playing on team 1,2 or 3?
I looked at who was coaching those teams, the cost of tuition and then added in the cost of the 3-5 away tournaments. Some serious cash being spent on this sport.
Speaking to each coach ( it's a lot easier to do than you would think ) and letting them know my concerns was very helpful. Each coach was more than willing to answer my questions.
As a family, we will choose the team WE think where he will get very good training , playing time and hopefully improve as a player.
So my main question to the coaches were ,will he improve if he is on your team and why do you think that.
One last note, where he plays is my business and not anyone else's.

Your last sentence is kind of funny as you put all of your "business" on the thread..

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Wasn't he just basically laying it out there that he is not going to name team names if someone was wondering and was going to ask . . .?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got offers from Primetime, Express North, and tristate, any insights, thoughts comments on which direction to go?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son got offers from Primetime, Express North, and tristate, any insights, thoughts comments on which direction to go?

I know you are just looking for advice and thoughts about which club could be the best for you. But unfortunately, only you and your son can answer that question.

Things to think about...especially at this age
- Will my son get the practice time to sharpen skills?
- Will my son see the field a fair amount during games/tournaments?
- Will my son receive strong coaching?
- Will my son play against competition that will make him better?
etc, etc, etc

Recruiting is just around the corner (potentially already starting), don't worry about what club everyone else likes. Pick the one that you feel comfortable with.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
300 dollars on try outs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will the Jesters have a team this year?

Yes

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I know you are just looking for advice and thoughts about which club could be the best for you. But unfortunately, only you and your son can answer that question.

Things to think about...especially at this age
- Will my son get the practice time to sharpen skills?
- Will my son see the field a fair amount during games/tournaments?
- Will my son receive strong coaching?
- Will my son play against competition that will make him better?
etc, etc, etc

Recruiting is just around the corner (potentially already starting), don't worry about what club everyone else likes. Pick the one that you feel comfortable with.

Just wondering if people have had any good or bad experiences worth thinking about...they all sound great based on the elevator speech given at tryouts. And yes, close to $300 on tryout fees, wanted to make sure we had a home.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I hear you man, me one try out and then give to St Jude's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What do you and your son want from the program?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I feel he gets plenty of instruction throughout the year, attends a lot of clinics and trains regularly. That being said, would like to play on a team with top talent playing against the best programs in the country. Obviously want solid coaching and an organization that is run well with good communication.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is now going into his fourth year on Prime Time and he absolutely loves it. The coaching is great and the competition is always top notch. This year the schedule shifts to even more competitive recruiting events. Obviously, it all depends on what you and your son are looking for but we couldn't be happier with PT.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yes Long Island bengals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The Bengals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better fall tournaments for 2021 boys to go to? My son's team is looking to do 3 and I'm looking to see if the ones they choose will be worth it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What are the better fall tournaments for 2021 boys to go to? My son's team is looking to do 3 and I'm looking to see if the ones they choose will be worth it.

So if the all-knowing experts on here say a tournament is no good, you're not going to let your son play with his team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question cannot be answered in a worthwhile way. Tournaments , like teams vary. Some are geared towards top level comp, and some are better suited for b level. if you want to question the tourneys that your team is looking into look ast the sites and look at prior year registrations. then ask 1. do teams return (is it well run) and 2. Are the teams there competitive at my level

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So if the all-knowing experts on here say a tournament is no good, you're not going to let your son play with his team?

No, he will play with the team unless he has a conflict with Football. If his HS team is playing too, then he will have to decide which one to go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question cannot be answered in a worthwhile way. Tournaments , like teams vary. Some are geared towards top level comp, and some are better suited for b level. if you want to question the tourneys that your team is looking into look ast the sites and look at prior year registrations. then ask 1. do teams return (is it well run) and 2. Are the teams there competitive at my level
Thanks for the feedback. They have done the typical local fall tournaments, but are venturing off the Island for one or two this fall. Just wondering which ones are competitive and well run.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, he will play with the team unless he has a conflict with Football. If his HS team is playing too, then he will have to decide which one to go to.

Wait a minute.... Your 2021 kid is in HS??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but the JV team wants him to play in a fall tournament this year. He played this summer with them, and ran with the varsity for a few games too. I don't think he's ready for varsity, but did really well with the JV.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No, but the JV team wants him to play in a fall tournament this year. He played this summer with them, and ran with the varsity for a few games too. I don't think he's ready for varsity, but did really well with the JV.
please not another Bay Shore kid.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sorry I asked...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which school this is. Our school district does not allow 8th grade kids to play JV. Could it be franklin square?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I wonder which school this is. Our school district does not allow 8th grade kids to play JV. Could it be franklin square?

Nope take another guess

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
WEST ISLIP DOES NOT ALLOW 8th GRADERS TO PLAY VARSITY ONLY JV

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy is talking about summer and fall ball. Many districts will let or ask younger playets to fill out a roster bc the regulars are away or have conflicts

Enough with the 8th graders playing Varsity. Shame on the HS coach for entertaining that. In past 10 yrs I've seen 2 8th graders that can help the team. Gallasso and kid from Bay Shore. That's it. I'll take my 6'1 180lb senior over an 8th grader anyday. I don't care how crafty he is. They have more then enough time to be on varsity. Let the older kids have their time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the lacrosse juggernaut, Franklin Square?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There have been 2

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the lacrosse juggernaut, Franklin Square?

IROCs and gold chains ....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mount Sinai

Lol, I bet your right!! There is a new Sheriff in that town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah his 14 year old has dropped down to 2021.too small and getting beat up by the 2020's.is he still age or grade appropriate to play with the bandits or smash?lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sweet perm dad is back and ruffling feathers.
Must be slow at the salon.
Hair glistens and smells great though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As the new Sheriff slowly and strategically manipulates the coaches and takes over to his standards. Put your money on it alot of new faces appear in the district .

Mount Sinai

Lol, I bet your right!! There is a new Sheriff in that town.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both Igloo teams made many changes. Look for Avalanche to be a top three or four team now. Icon will drop out of the top four this year.

Page 3 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard