BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2019
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2019
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
VLC or Madlax if you had the choice for 2019 player.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous

The DC Madlax team is one of the best in the country. Are they having tryouts? If so, go there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The DC Madlax team is one of the best in the country. Are they having tryouts? If so, go there.

Much as I hate to say it, Madlax 2019 has the makings of a great team, maybe even up to 2018 standards.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 is a very good team, but there have been better teams in this area. BW 2015, VLC 2015, VLC 2017.

Relative to the competition, Madlax 2019 is probably a better team than Madlax 2018.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax 2018 is a very good team, but there have been better teams in this area. BW 2015, VLC 2015, VLC 2017.

Relative to the competition, Madlax 2019 is probably a better team than Madlax 2018.

VLC 2015 was probably a step below Madlax 2018 and 2019. Others are at least 2 steps below. Crabs have had teams as talented as these, that's it.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

VLC 2015 was probably a step below Madlax 2018 and 2019. Others are at least 2 steps below. Crabs have had teams as talented as these, that's it.

LOL. That VLC 2015 team had something like 23 commits and guys like Rowlett, Lamb and O'Connor.

2019 is a deeper team than 2018. 2018 is all about the first 8 guys and then a big dropoff.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very hard to compare a team that graduated (VLC) to a rising junior and rising sophomore team (Madlax 2018 and 2019).
Tournaments won? Commits? Commits to Top 10 programs?

I don't know VLC, but the players you mention were HS studs. Rowlett has proven himself to be a great college player too. What tournaments did they win? Are commits to top 10 programs, mid tier or bottom 20? I am too lazy to do the reseach

Madlax 2018 has won a 6-7 top tournaments and 2019 has won more. Both teams have 5 or more players committed to Top 10 programs, with more to follow. Time will tell if those players rise to the level of a Rowlett or warm benches at Hopkins, MD Duke, UVA, UNC or the like. Personally, barring injury, I like their chances.

If not already, by the time they are done, the Madlax 2018 and 2019 teams will go down as the best teams in DMV history

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's very hard to compare a team that graduated (VLC) to a rising junior and rising sophomore team (Madlax 2018 and 2019).
Tournaments won? Commits? Commits to Top 10 programs?

I don't know VLC, but the players you mention were HS studs. Rowlett has proven himself to be a great college player too. What tournaments did they win? Are commits to top 10 programs, mid tier or bottom 20? I am too lazy to do the reseach

Madlax 2018 has won a 6-7 top tournaments and 2019 has won more. Both teams have 5 or more players committed to Top 10 programs, with more to follow. Time will tell if those players rise to the level of a Rowlett or warm benches at Hopkins, MD Duke, UVA, UNC or the like. Personally, barring injury, I like their chances.

If not already, by the time they are done, the Madlax 2018 and 2019 teams will go down as the best teams in DMV history

VLC 2015 is one of the most talented teams that has ever turned out of this area, period - commits to top programs and all studs. Rowlett is one of the best players in the country, and was all through HS as well. Madlax 2018 has 16 commits, half of which are top programs, but it is not an apples to apples comparison to compare Madlax to BW or VLC - Madlax has commits on the team from Texas, Canada, Florida, etc. through their partner programs and such since they pull from outside of the area and from a bunch of teams. BW and VLC pull from NoVa and MD, and field one team at each grade. If you can't churn out a bunch of studs when you're pulling from a massive pool like 3D, Madlax, Sweetlax, etc. does, then you have a serious problem. Pound for pound, VLC 2015 - for the area - is the winner. Madlax 2019 has the makings of possibly being equal or better than VLC 2015 with 6 commits to top programs already (not counting the partner players from TX and such).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My 2 cents: Can you provide details to 2015 VLC tourney record and commits to Top 10 programs to back up your opinions?

When debating "best ever" DMV teams, limit Madlax to the Capital teams, not National teams. The National teams are a big benefit to players in terms of exposure, but the player pool is 10x the DMV. Capital directly competes for players with BW and VLC.

Rankings based on tourney record: 2018 Madlax,2019 Madlax (with a good shot at the top spot),2015 VLC. Rankings based on overall number of commits: 2015 VLC, 2018 Madlax, 2019 Madlax. Rankings based on commits to Top 10 schools: 2019 Madlax, 2018 Madlax, 2015 VLC.

Overall commits is a bit misleading because the Madlax teams have 2-3 years of recruiting left.

As a pa

Rankings

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I get that DC express is not going to post the rosters on the website. Can anyone on here confirm they have 2018,2019 teams. And if so where can we see them play this fall. I wanted to take the wait and see approach with this new club. I have younger sons so I want to be on top of my choices. So not trying to bash this new club but can someone from the inside give me a update with where this club is? Do they have full roster? Do you think they will win games this Fall? How many players did they steal from the top clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ok I get that DC express is not going to post the rosters on the website. Can anyone on here confirm they have 2018,2019 teams. And if so where can we see them play this fall. I wanted to take the wait and see approach with this new club. I have younger sons so I want to be on top of my choices. So not trying to bash this new club but can someone from the inside give me a update with where this club is? Do they have full roster? Do you think they will win games this Fall? How many players did they steal from the top clubs?

I noticed they will be playing at the Fall Terrapin Classic. So is NL. That'll be a real test with the likes of LI Express, Ironhorse, Dukes and all of the other usual suspects.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is stupid. First, nobody has an exact transcript of how these three teams (or any team) did over the course of their club career.

Second, what slice it to "top 10 schools". Are you saying that if a kid goes D1 to a school he wants to attend, it is diminished because it is not a school you deemy worthy? What garbage.

My son played for Madlax 2015 and we got housed by VLC 2015 one summer. That team was legit. I'm sure these two Madlax teams you are talking about are great too.

Let's support all the kids in our area and hope they have great HS and college careers.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I noticed they will be playing at the Fall Terrapin Classic. So is NL. That'll be a real test with the likes of LI Express, Ironhorse, Dukes and all of the other usual suspects.

Is there one DC express parent on this board if not please some one find one. I just want a first hand report of how this club looks? 30 kid rosters or 17 kid rosters? Someone throw me a bone here.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is there one DC express parent on this board if not please some one find one. I just want a first hand report of how this club looks? 30 kid rosters or 17 kid rosters? Someone throw me a bone here.

If your son doesn't play for them, why would a grown adult care who is on a different club's roster, the number of kids, etc.

Total freak.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They aren't "kid's"....they are young men.

Secondly, why care about any competing teams roster..NFL, NHL, college, HS?

At some point (see above) wanting to see or take a interest in the competition is now OK by YOU, but everyone is a freak if it happens to be a 2019 club Lacrosse team?

Who died and crowned you king Sh@t roster cop!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

At some point (see above) wanting to see or take a interest in the competition is now OK by YOU, but everyone is a freak if it happens to be a 2019 club Lacrosse team?

You think seeing a NFL roster online is the same thing as asking every week to see the roster of a boys youth lacrosse team?

Why not ask your significant other if she/he thinks it's odd that you ask weekly about wanting to see the names of boys for a club that you aren't affiliated with?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think seeing a NFL roster online is the same thing as asking every week to see the roster of a boys youth lacrosse team?

Why not ask your significant other if she/he thinks it's odd that you ask weekly about wanting to see the names of boys for a club that you aren't affiliated with?

2019 is not a youth team, it's high school. I see nothing wrong with looking up rosters of teams. Most lacrosse parents are crazy. Those of us on this site during business hours are probably certifiable. I coached my kids through youth lacrosse and check both club and hs rosters on occasion to see how those boys are doing. You sound crazier than the guy who wants to see the DC Express roster

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is stupid. First, nobody has an exact transcript of how these three teams (or any team) did over the course of their club career.

Second, what slice it to "top 10 schools". Are you saying that if a kid goes D1 to a school he wants to attend, it is diminished because it is not a school you deemy worthy? What garbage.

My son played for Madlax 2015 and we got housed by VLC 2015 one summer. That team was legit. I'm sure these two Madlax teams you are talking about are great too.

Let's support all the kids in our area and hope they have great HS and college careers.

Sorry, but I don't put NJIT, Quinnipiac or Bryant on the same level as Hopkins, Duke or Notre Dame.

Call me a jerk.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry, but I don't put NJIT, Quinnipiac or Bryant on the same level as Hopkins, Duke or Notre Dame.

Call me a jerk.

The point is getting kids to the schools they want to go to, no matter what you think.

I have no idea where the VLC 2015 kids went to school, but I guess you do. I do know they sent 20+ kids to play college lax, so I think those parents were satisfied. I do know a Madlax 2018 kid is going to Bryant, so good to you know you think his choice is garbage.

God, you are a total a-hole.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me a jerk.

The point is getting kids to the schools they want to go to, no matter what you think.

I have no idea where the VLC 2015 kids went to school, but I guess you do. I do know they sent 20+ kids to play college lax, so I think those parents were satisfied. I do know a Madlax 2018 kid is going to Bryant, so good to you know you think his choice is garbage.

God, you are a total a-hole.

Nice use of language. Do you understand the context of the comments? Maybe Mom should wash your mouth out

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me a jerk.

So there's a universally accepted "top 10 list" and if you're not committed to one of these schools, it doesn't count?

To make it even stupider, you compare "Hopkins, Duke and Notre Dame" (which I presume is the top tier "name" commits for one of those Madlax teams) versus "NJIT Quinnipiac Bryant" (which I presume are some of the names on the VLC list).

The fact that you know some of the "lesser" commits on the VLC team is really creepy. But if you are going continue down that stupid path, you need to compare apples to apples.

I don't know the full list, but I know that team had kids go to UNC, Brown, UVA, Maryland.

Get over yourself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you are telling me not a single parent of a DC express kid is reading these posts? If so, can you give us a little info on how things are going over there? I do not need kids names just general info. Because they have not hired a person to update a website I am forced to ask on this site.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me a jerk.

So there's a universally accepted "top 10 list" and if you're not committed to one of these schools, it doesn't count?

To make it even stupider, you compare "Hopkins, Duke and Notre Dame" (which I presume is the top tier "name" commits for one of those Madlax teams) versus "NJIT Quinnipiac Bryant" (which I presume are some of the names on the VLC list).

The fact that you know some of the "lesser" commits on the VLC team is really creepy. But if you are going continue down that stupid path, you need to compare apples to apples.

I don't know the full list, but I know that team had kids go to UNC, Brown, UVA, Maryland.

Get over yourself.

why are you posting about a team that hasn't played in 2 yrs on a 2019 board?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Call me a jerk.

Get over yourself.

why are you posting about a team that hasn't played in 2 yrs on a 2019 board?

Because the guy was comparing that VLC team with Madlax 2018 and 2019.

Try to keep up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Madlax with #1 2019 and 2018 players according to Ty

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty gets paid from these clubs. I'm sure kids are great but don't be naive to how this guy makes money. And many of his so called lists haven't been good once these kids are in college. Many kids not on his lists become better players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ty gets paid from these clubs. I'm sure kids are great but don't be naive to how this guy makes money. And many of his so called lists haven't been good once these kids are in college. Many kids not on his lists become better players.

Prove he gets paid form the clubs? Please go back and check the Basketball and high school football top 100 lists. And compare how well they do 4 years after. And please tell me another site that gives you any kind of list for these same age groups. And if you find it please show me how far off they are from each other.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hate on these boards is outrageous. THESE ARE LOCAL BOYS!! Celebrate their success!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The hate on these boards is outrageous. THESE ARE LOCAL BOYS!! Celebrate their success!!

LOL, you're new around here aren't you? The parents that post here are the same ones college coaches say are the scourge of the sport.

Every once and awhile you'll get a nugget or two of information. Otherwise, it is a d*ck measuring contest between parents who think their kid or club is the next Rabil.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Prove he gets paid form the clubs? Please go back and check the Basketball and high school football top 100 lists. And compare how well they do 4 years after. And please tell me another site that gives you any kind of list for these same age groups. And if you find it please show me how far off they are from each other.

I have a 2019 not on the list but he has played with/against many of the kids that are on the list. The list looks pretty comprehensive to me and I have been to Jake Reed, Under Armour, plenty of tournament/showcases, etc. No doubt on the #1 player. Inside Lacrosse just did lists for each age group and they are different. I think RR is more accurate. TZ does not get paid by the teams. That is a petty cheap shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see DC express teams showing up in some tournament schedules this upcoming weekend. Does anyone want to predict how they will do. I can wait to see who is on there teams because its such a secret. I also see that Blackwolf is playing in a tournament this weekend we get to see who is on this secret team also.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your obsession with other clubs is disturbing. If you can handle giving the Madlax guy your money, why do you care about other clubs and their kids?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I see DC express teams showing up in some tournament schedules this upcoming weekend. Does anyone want to predict how they will do. I can wait to see who is on there teams because its such a secret. I also see that Blackwolf is playing in a tournament this weekend we get to see who is on this secret team also.

Me type on machine. Me know not how to make sentence. Me like my MadLax swag.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Your obsession with other clubs is disturbing. If you can handle giving the Madlax guy your money, why do you care about other clubs and their kids?

Your ability to never miss a chance to bash Madlax is a obsession.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the Big 4 Fall Champions League this Sunday?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who won the Big 4 Fall Champions League this Sunday?

This was not a "championship", but was a great recruiting tournament. Each team played 3 games. There had to be close to 100 coaches there. Check out the connectlax post on twitter with the sign-in sheet for coaches/schools.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ah that is what I thought most of these things are but by the title of the tournament I thought it might have brackets. So with that being said what teams went 3-0.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened at the end of the Madlax vs FCA game today at Crabfeast?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was wondering the same thing?? Saw some parent yelling at someone, (looked like his wife) while walking away from the field. Saw 4 college coaches starring at the entire incident, have no idea what it was about hopefully someone can fill us in. Congrats to the man who was screaming...probably just cost you son a chance of being recruited by any of those coaches...

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard