BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 34 of 66 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 65 66
Re: Looney's Boys Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Laughable that anyone on here cares about club lacrosse.

No college coach cares what club team you play on, or what h.s team you play on.

They just care if you are an athlete, have a lax IQ and don't have jerk parents.

Apparently most kids are failing that last criteria..

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Laughable that anyone on here cares about club lacrosse.

No college coach cares what club team you play on, or what h.s team you play on.

They just care if you are an athlete, have a lax IQ and don't have jerk parents.

Apparently most kids are failing that last criteria..

This is the dumbest post of all time. Please look at the commit list on sites like Ty Xanders you will see the club team listed next to the kids name. There is a very very very clear list of top clubs. The off brand clubs are listed for kids in the 2016 and 2017 class but 99% of all the 2018 to 2020 kids are from the top 25 club teams. You sir are a fool. Colleges watch .1% of the Public high school games. And if you can be a stud at a prospect day or showcase you can get lucky and play for a crap club team. But if you want to bank on being great at a showcase go ahead and take that risk. If you think the colleges do not call the top 25 clubs and ask who is your best LSM,attac,middie at 2019 you are very very wrong

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coached at the college level for the past decade plus, I'm not saying club ball isn't important in the development of a player, but it's really not an accurate portrait of the player. And I'm not risking my job on some club coach's opinion that I don't know. No self-respecting coach reads a thing ty zanders writes other than to laugh at it. And any coach that blindly calls a club coach and recruits down a list is not long for the coaching biz. They will probably be running a club or tournament soon. I agree, give me an athlete, give me someone that understands field spacing and movement and give me a nice kid from a good family. You can have the rest. I'd also prefer to see how a kid plays for his h.s team. Give me 2 full h/s game tapes- one with your "best performance" and one against your toughest competition. Even better if that's the same tape.
I'll go back to lurking.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Having coached at the college level for the past decade plus, I'm not saying club ball isn't important in the development of a player, but it's really not an accurate portrait of the player. And I'm not risking my job on some club coach's opinion that I don't know. No self-respecting coach reads a thing ty zanders writes other than to laugh at it. And any coach that blindly calls a club coach and recruits down a list is not long for the coaching biz. They will probably be running a club or tournament soon. I agree, give me an athlete, give me someone that understands field spacing and movement and give me a nice kid from a good family. You can have the rest. I'd also prefer to see how a kid plays for his h.s team. Give me 2 full h/s game tapes- one with your "best performance" and one against your toughest competition. Even better if that's the same tape.
I'll go back to lurking.

Not my world but was listening to Lars Tiffany pod cast before last season. He was talking on many subjects , some was about recruiting. Seemed to be a pretty frank discussion on how he did some of his recruiting.He said he was in contact with Club coaches and he trusted some of their opinions and he didnt trust others. Sounded like he was in contact with many club coaches. I know that wasnt only way he recruited but it did seem like it was a part of his recruiting process.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's - crappiest parents and food in MD.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
College coaches absolutely reach out to club coaches to express interest in particular players. Get a kids highlight reel, see him at a tournament/prospect day, reach out to club coach. It's how it works.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'll go back to lurking.

Well when I was talking about TY Xanders list it was just that A LIST not the articles he writes about kids. He has a link at the top of the page with all the kids and what school they have committed to. He also list the club/High school team they play for. This should be pretty close to 100% true. So how would you explain the same 25 clubs at at 85 to 95% rate for the classes of 2018 to 2020. Also unnamed college coach you ask for full 2 full HS game tapes. You want me to believe you just grab a in coming package of game tapes and start watching to full games. I would say that is not how you do it. You might watch these two full HS games tapes but not before a club coach or top high school coach calls you or you call them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No a hole, that would be you, the biggest d bag not only in Md. but on the east coast.
Funny how you are so jealous you just can't help yourself to degrade anything that wants no parts of you.
Your break is over so get the men's room cleaned before the dinner crowd shows up at McDonalds, it is probably the best paying job you ever had.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No a hole, that would be you, the biggest d bag not only in Md. but on the east coast.
Funny how you are so jealous you just can't help yourself to degrade anything that wants no parts of you.
Your break is over so get the men's room cleaned before the dinner crowd shows up at McDonalds, it is probably the best paying job you ever had.

Good one. I didn't write the post you are referring to, but your post pretty much backs up everything that guy wrote about Looney's parents.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good one. I didn't write the post you are referring to, but your post pretty much backs up everything that guy wrote about Looney's parents.

Sorry bunk, I didn't write that post either, but whoever did clearly shows how much buttheads come on an anonymous board and acts like a total idiot. I don't think it backs anything up other than some people (adults) are completely childish and hide behind their computer. Bet if you had to post your name to post a thread that would have never been posted. I'm not associated with Looney's in any way but I really do not like seeing people taking cheap shots at clubs that are trying to help kids learn and grow in a great sport. That is what this board is about, lacrosse, not taking cheap shots at clubs and parents. If I have time later tonight I'll come back on here and see some childish post, maybe from you, who knows.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little baby baby Ty Ty Xanders is parasite that feeds off young kids aspirations. The National Inquirer of youth lacrosse. We all would be better off without his ilk. No self respecting college coach pays attention to what he says except for entertainment purposes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looney's parents = red cups forever

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

As usual it always takes some a hole to try and start sh*t on a lacrosse board. Why not just go somewhere else and live your miserable life and stay away from here.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so what, 2020's beat every maryland teams [lacrosse]. Red cup is the only exciting thing they have to see.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have also lost to the Crabs and other MD teams. Looney's dads are the toughest dads on the Internet. Internet strength.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He has literally taken $200-$500 cash on arrival to 'cover' prep school games. The write ups tend to involve a flattering review of kids whose parents seed the pots. Yes, there's a going rate for the exposure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Little baby baby Ty Ty Xanders is parasite that feeds off young kids aspirations. The National Inquirer of youth lacrosse. We all would be better off without his ilk. No self respecting college coach pays attention to what he says except for entertainment purposes.

Right, ER wouldn't exist if Xanders didn't report on it. Coaches probably don't put stock in his rankings but I'm certain they follow to see who made verbal. Admit it. You go to his site too and would be tickled pink to have your son written up

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Honestly - I could care less what Ty has to say. Pure paid fluff.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have also lost to the Crabs and other MD teams. Looney's dads are the toughest dads on the Internet. Internet strength.

Well, big man, why don't you tell us your name and what club you are associated with? Just as I thought, that would never happen, like making a hole comments while hiding behind your computer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was thinking the same thing about your dumb [lacrosse] comment...could care less......Pure fluff

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then how to you explain the kids he writes about showing up as a ER weeks later. He must talk to the correct people or have a eye for it?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Then how to you explain the kids he writes about showing up as a ER weeks later. He must talk to the correct people or have a eye for it?

Not a big fan of the whole ER recruiting process. But Ty does a decent job with it. I dont agree with the whole ranking of 9 graders, etc..But someone will do it and his site is a decent one.

Wonder what it will look like once the NCAA hopefully changes the Early recruiting date to JR year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played looneys today. Beat them 10-2. Parents were fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Looney's team/age group? Looney's parents, from my experience have always been fine.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are loud and obnoxious as any parents out there. It's what you expect from a club that disbands teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Which Looney's team/age group? Looney's parents, from my experience have always been fine.

The 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

Must be a Looneys parent writing these as in our experience they have never been fine at 2020. Rude. Arrogant. Laugh at kids getting hurt. Heckle. The coaches are just as bad and the players follow the adults lead.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

Must be a Looneys parent writing these as in our experience they have never been fine at 2020. Rude. Arrogant. Laugh at kids getting hurt. Heckle. The coaches are just as bad and the players follow the adults lead.

So you think a looneys parent posted how they lost a game 9-2 in order to brag about how well behaved the parents are?edfn8b

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is "we" that beat Looney's?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

Wrong. I wrote the above and I am not a Looney's parent or have any association with them. But it is assho*es like you that come on an anonymous board and start posting [lacrosse] that is far from the truth. My son has played their 2020 team several times and the parents/coaches and players were all fine. It is just buttheads like you that want to just stir up crap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

If it was the 2020 team, it was not their 2020 Orange team. My sons friend plays for them and they have not started any games/tournaments until next week. Don't know if their other 2020 team started yet.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

You are describing FCA, not Looney's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

To be more clear, Looneys 2020 Orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

Gee, thanks for the inaccurate BS statement FCA dad. FCA parents, regardless of the age team, are the most rude, ill mattered, disrespectful and arrogant people associated with lacrosse in Md. Don't believe me, ask any parent from other teams and they will quickly confirm. Hiding behind a religious front is far from who they really are and how they act.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
FCA = Looney's parents. Both equally horrible.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The 2020 team.

Your clarity sucks. 2020 Orange didn't get beat this weekend by anyone because they didn't play. It was the Green team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]FCA = Looney's parents. Both equally horrible. [/quote

Says a Team91 Md. dad, the worst of the worst, a real close second to FCA.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wonder if backofcage can do a poll.
Lets vote on The most complete worst team in MD,,second worst team..third worst team etc...maybe even a special category for worst of the worst!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Lets vote on The most complete worst team in MD,,second worst team..third worst team etc...maybe even a special category for worst of the worst!

Congratulations, you've already won the award for the most idiotic post of the month!! Special second prize for your terrible grammar. You must be so proud.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Your kid's team and Rock

Like Reply Quote
Page 34 of 66 1 2 32 33 34 35 36 65 66
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard