BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 18 of 102 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

BM is going to get Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

The next post will be to come over to the Tornados.

lol

Come over to Tornados because Igloo's 2nd team has to pay the same price for less quality tournaments, and the turnover will be huge.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
i am looking for some intel on twenty four lacrosse. does anyone out there have any impartial, unbiased information on this club and what positions they are looking to fill. thanks.

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
i am looking for some intel on twenty four lacrosse. does anyone out there have any impartial, unbiased information on this club and what positions they are looking to fill. thanks.

Before you start believing what an anonymous poster might say to you, ask the club directly.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
=i am looking for some intel on twenty four lacrosse. does anyone out there have any impartial, unbiased information on this club and what positions they are looking to fill. thanks.

My son is playing on the 2025 team and I have to say I really like what I saw. Coaches were cool. Seemed to be talent at all levels. Most important my son is happy so I am happy.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Those kids cut from Express saw little playing time last year. Some of them for 2 years. Coach gave them a shot but they were behind. They were 3rd string and those are the kids that get cut. Nice kids but it wasn't a surprise they were cut. Maybe only their Dads were surprised. They didn't land on a competitive team so that tells you what you need to know. It's not harsh it's reality.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Stop. Those kids cut from Express saw little playing time last year. Some of them for 2 years. Coach gave them a shot but they were behind. They were 3rd string and those are the kids that get cut. Nice kids but it wasn't a surprise they were cut. Maybe only their Dads were surprised. They didn't land on a competitive team so that tells you what you need to know. It's not harsh it's reality.

LY wasn't there 28 kids on the roster? It's impossible for any kid to get decent playing time when you are playing 40 minute games in a tournament.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Recon decides to enter an A bracket then they will see TB. They enter B Brackets because the coach knows that they are a B team. If they got that much better this year then enter A brackets. This is a joke until then.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop the press! The Simon Cowell of youth lacrosse has deemed a bunch of 11, 12 year old kids playing lax not good enough. I wonder what will happen to them now that they were not able to make a competitive team at 11. We should do a trading places style experiment to see how they will turn out. Will they turn to crime and whatever else to survive the rough streets of Long Island or will they work hard and find a way to take the (MC who by the way looks like one of the duke brothers) down.

This is so laughable. Have some of you ever heard about this great equalizer call puberty. It's coming and up will be down and down will be sideways. Good luck to all and I hope you can hold Nike and the D1 offers from poring in for your 6th grader.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When Recon decides to enter an A bracket then they will see TB. They enter B Brackets because the coach knows that they are a B team. If they got that much better this year then enter A brackets. This is a joke until then.

I'm assuming this is just someone trying to stir the pot. Otherwise I didn't realize true blue played a brackets

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No. Express 1 (Honey Badgers to some) had 21 kids. But AJ didn't play kids equally, like most A teams. So the 5th and 6th attackman and the 6th and 7th middy and the 5th and 6th defender didn't play a lot. This isn't specific to Express. But if by the end of the year your kid isn't playing a lot there's a risk he will be replaced by the next shinny toy at tryouts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm assuming this is just someone trying to stir the pot. Otherwise I didn't realize true blue played a brackets

Pot , this is kettle...you're black.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They don't play A brackets. It was someone stirring the pot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
=i am looking for some intel on twenty four lacrosse. does anyone out there have any impartial, unbiased information on this club and what positions they are looking to fill. thanks.

My son is playing on the 2025 team and I have to say I really like what I saw. Coaches were cool. Seemed to be talent at all levels. Most important my son is happy so I am happy.

Have they even started practicing yet for your to really know that? Aren't they still holding tryouts to feild teams also?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one said Recon is an A team, they said a solid B+ team. Your problem is that True Blue is a B team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What happened to the Express A team? They cut some awesome players that were devoted to the club for the past several years. If this is the case, should I pull my son from the team knowing they're going to kick him off at some point? I'd rather have security of knowing where my money is going and where my son is playing.

BM is going to get Carpel Tunnel Syndrome.

The next post will be to come over to the Tornados.

lol

Where are the Tornados from?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Have they even started practicing yet for your to really know that? Aren't they still holding tryouts to feild teams also?

My sons team has been practicing for about 3 weeks now. Got sized for uniforms last night and got our fall tourny schedule. Like I said well run. They are looking to fill holes at the other levels but the 2025 team is all set.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why saying kids got cut is putting them down. It's not. Kids get cut all the time. It's part of playing competitive sports. Sounds like you support participation trophys.
Truth shouldn't hurt you so much daddy. Your kid is probably over it. You should be too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure why saying kids got cut is putting them down. It's not. Kids get cut all the time. It's part of playing competitive sports. Sounds like you support participation trophys.
Truth shouldn't hurt you so much daddy. Your kid is probably over it. You should be too.
Just curious Mrs Anonymous, what team does your little Paul Rabil play on?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What about when they are relaced by holdbacks in 6th grade.
Insane. But it happened.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give you a hint. It's either the team you got cut from. Or the team whose tryout you ran to the next weekend and didn't make.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nice. Why?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]No. Express 1 (Honey Badgers to some) had 21 kids. But AJ didn't play kids equally, like most A teams. So the 5th and 6th attackman and the 6th and 7th middy and the 5th and 6th defender didn't play a lot. This isn't specific to Express. But if by the end of the year your kid isn't playing a lot there's a risk he will be replaced by the next shinny toy at tryouts. [/quote

That's ridiculous. Repeating 6th grade? Really? Can you honestly say that doesn't affect a child psychologically? What is happening to Lax parents. This is the only sport this is happening more and more frequently.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's funny it seems like the parents with all the issues are the ones from the so called Elite programs.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]No. Express 1 (Honey Badgers to some) had 21 kids. But AJ didn't play kids equally, like most A teams. So the 5th and 6th attackman and the 6th and 7th middy and the 5th and 6th defender didn't play a lot. This isn't specific to Express. But if by the end of the year your kid isn't playing a lot there's a risk he will be replaced by the next shinny toy at tryouts. [/quote

That's ridiculous. Repeating 6th grade? Really? Can you honestly say that doesn't affect a child psychologically? What is happening to Lax parents. This is the only sport this is happening more and more frequently.

A Bandit backup player just moved and reclassed. Didn't like his position and couldn't play anywhere else.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

A Bandit backup player just moved and reclassed. Didn't like his position and couldn't play anywhere else.

Maybe the kid is stupid like his parents and needed to get left back.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should know the story. The kid reclassified to 2024. He is still 10 and doesn't turn until later this year. And he still plays 2023.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What does that mean? My son is 11 and in 7th grade. 2022. Doesn't turn 12 until late October. Would never think of reclassifying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Maybe you should know the story. The kid reclassified to 2024. He is still 10 and doesn't turn until later this year. And he still plays 2023.

You people are desperate. Listen to yourself. The Kid reclassified. As if he has any idea what his parents are doing to him. So pathetic you people are chasing $5k in scholarship money. By the time a '23 is ready to recruit , the whole country will be playing. Good luck. I'm sure he's happy not being in class with his friends since kindergarten anymore. Losers !!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds fishy

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was on the Bandits you moron!!! No need to reclass because he would be one of the best players out there in the sport. Now he can go beat on weaker players in 4th grade, awesome. Got to love bone head parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue played in nothing but A brackets all season last year and won a couple of tournaments. If your kid was on some of the "elite" teams that now play in the NLF then you probably didn't see them. Unfortunately there are a few talented teams that aren't making Channy richer just to avoid the new age guidelines!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He was on the Bandits you moron!!! No need to reclass because he would be one of the best players out there in the sport. Now he can go beat on weaker players in 4th grade, awesome. Got to love bone head parents.

Until the "new flavor" comes around and the kid is just another kid. I've seen it happen a lot . Good luck parents

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue played in nothing but A brackets all season last year and won a couple of tournaments. If your kid was on some of the "elite" teams that now play in the NLF then you probably didn't see them. Unfortunately there are a few talented teams that aren't making Channy richer just to avoid the new age guidelines!

What ones did they win ?
Town tournaments don't count

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What ones did they win ?
Town tournaments don't count

A brackets in B tournaments don't count. If your playing in B tournaments play up like the real A teams do!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every knows AJ doesn't have say in who makes that team. The badgers practice is he only one where you'll see Mrs AJ carrying AJ balls out on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little late to the tryouts. Is anyone going to Recon or Outlaw tryouts, and if so which is a better option? Thank you for any trusted advice.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Every knows AJ doesn't have say in who makes that team. The badgers practice is he only one where you'll see Mrs AJ carrying AJ balls out on the field.

Classic !!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I am a little late to the tryouts. Is anyone going to Recon or Outlaw tryouts, and if so which is a better option? Thank you for any trusted advice.

Recon is a great program. They do so much with the kids and building them to become better adults as well as great Lacrosse players/teammates. That is my biased review as my son plays with them.
My friends son plays Outlaws and both he and the his son love the program.

Go to both and see what you prefer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I notice a lot of the top clubs are quiet. I'm going to give you fair warning, the Tornados have improved at every level and will be chasing the top club next season!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is it possible they are a little quiet because its mid september, football season and some people have other things besides youth lacrosse in their lives.

Page 18 of 102 1 2 16 17 18 19 20 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard