BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 264 1 2 3 4 5 6 263 264
Re: Boys High School Lax
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Y
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.

please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.

hardly the only prodigy i the last 20 years but the others also left after 8th grade

Ah yeah he is , kid is by far the most prolific player at the age to EVER play at that school, was the leading scorer on Long Island scoring around 98 /99 points for the regular season as a 13 year old 8th grader, BS program a joke. Just a fact numbers don't lie , coaches DO NOTHING at any level to develop those kids.

not saying the kid isn't great, because he is, I am sayig he is ot the "lone" prodigy to come out of BS - a couple of pretty good kids who wet to Chammy also

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

let's hope he drops his new "side" job now that he's back again..... if he wants to do the right thing by the kids and the district he should. If he wasn't coming back it was a good idea but now that he's back it's a major conflict of interest from many standpoints especially bc of who he is working for. Just going to put him right back in trouble and being questioned, the kids don't deserve the turmoil.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

Great news he is back!!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

let's hope he drops his new "side" job now that he's back again..... if he wants to do the right thing by the kids and the district he should. If he wasn't coming back it was a good idea but now that he's back it's a major conflict of interest from many standpoints especially bc of who he is working for. Just going to put him right back in trouble and being questioned, the kids don't deserve the turmoil.

Who is he working for?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

What is the side job?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Y
Cox and Spruyt coaches are great. Those kids leaving are going to be terribly disappointed they went to st ants and Sjb. Buyer beware. Bay shore coaches are very good. Academics better too at BS.

please stop. I just threw up in my mouth. BS is BS at every level except the track team. don't let the average coaches take credit for the lone prodigy in the last 20 years that sharpened his skills on the club lax circuit. good for him for getting out of that S hole.

hardly the only prodigy i the last 20 years but the others also left after 8th grade

Ah yeah he is , kid is by far the most prolific player at the age to EVER play at that school, was the leading scorer on Long Island scoring around 98 /99 points for the regular season as a 13 year old 8th grader, BS program a joke. Just a fact numbers don't lie , coaches DO NOTHING at any level to develop those kids.

not saying the kid isn't great, because he is, I am sayig he is ot the "lone" prodigy to come out of BS - a couple of pretty good kids who wet to Chammy also

Yes Chamindae saw some great Bay Shore residents wear the Flyer uniform. Imagine if they stayed, but no prodigy that went to Chaminade ever slipped a Bay Shore uniform on.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

Who is he working for?

peeps need to chill, he is coaching his sons summer team, same orginization that the new Manhasset coach works for.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

Who is he working for?

peeps need to chill, he is coaching his sons summer team, same orginization that the new Manhasset coach works for.

It's dope! Gonna be a good season!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call it a shole but can see how many explore their options. I do agree that the HS doesn't have a history of developing sports talent, outside of maybe volleyball and cheerleading. But I dont think anyone was saying the coaches were taking responsibility, could be wrong, but they do manage what they have. In this day and age it is rare that a HS or PAL coach could take responsibility.

If the town had any leadership, like Massapequa Smithtown or 3 Village, the sports as a whole would be a lot better. Talent is there and has been. Just no cohesion to help the HS get better in the sports. The "not my problem" and "it's good enough" atmosphere shows by the assortment of athletes roaming the halls and not the playing fields.

Rumor has it legendary JC Mr Ward Melville wanted to start his Lacrosse Legacy at Bay Shore but they turned down one of the best down. Imagine that.

Looking into the future, my bet is basketball and Baseball will prosper in the near future. No disrespect there. I also suspect the future of the sport administration will change rather quickly through both natural attrituon and replacement. Can't happen soon enough.

Some say you cant argue the academics, ill bite. what facts, show where they rank as a public school. Not Newsday latest ranking where 60 NY schools ranked top 500 in the country 19 of the 60 on LI closest school sayville. Lots of other lax districts on that list. Okay maybe that is to high of a bar to set, but as a rebutal, please don't give me the survey which is taken from the 39 parents who give it a glowing recommendation. Give qualified rankings with legitimate objective ranking. They do have one heck of a drama department though.

This being a sports site concentrated on lacrosse, I also wonder if the 2018 teams will be playing on those once fanciful fields. Another rumor is they will be condemned and mark as unsuitable to play on. What's the plan? If lacrosse is still big part of your HS life away games or games at the MS are not what you want.

Ps. Nice move not allowing the team to utilize the fields this winter or summer. That's one way to make the lax community know where they rank. Just confusing when West Ilsip and Islip can use theirs.

"And when my prayers to God were, meet with indifference, I picked up a pen and wrote my own deliverance"

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I wouldn't call it a shole but can see how many explore their options. I do agree that the HS doesn't have a history of developing sports talent, outside of maybe volleyball and cheerleading. But I dont think anyone was saying the coaches were taking responsibility, could be wrong, but they do manage what they have. In this day and age it is rare that a HS or PAL coach could take responsibility.

If the town had any leadership, like Massapequa Smithtown or 3 Village, the sports as a whole would be a lot better. Talent is there and has been. Just no cohesion to help the HS get better in the sports. The "not my problem" and "it's good enough" atmosphere shows by the assortment of athletes roaming the halls and not the playing fields.

Rumor has it legendary JC Mr Ward Melville wanted to start his Lacrosse Legacy at Bay Shore but they turned down one of the best down. Imagine that.

Looking into the future, my bet is basketball and Baseball will prosper in the near future. No disrespect there. I also suspect the future of the sport administration will change rather quickly through both natural attrituon and replacement. Can't happen soon enough.

Some say you cant argue the academics, ill bite. what facts, show where they rank as a public school. Not Newsday latest ranking where 60 NY schools ranked top 500 in the country 19 of the 60 on LI closest school sayville. Lots of other lax districts on that list. Okay maybe that is to high of a bar to set, but as a rebutal, please don't give me the survey which is taken from the 39 parents who give it a glowing recommendation. Give qualified rankings with legitimate objective ranking. They do have one heck of a drama department though.

This being a sports site concentrated on lacrosse, I also wonder if the 2018 teams will be playing on those once fanciful fields. Another rumor is they will be condemned and mark as unsuitable to play on. What's the plan? If lacrosse is still big part of your HS life away games or games at the MS are not what you want.

Ps. Nice move not allowing the team to utilize the fields this winter or summer. That's one way to make the lax community know where they rank. Just confusing when West Ilsip and Islip can use theirs.

"And when my prayers to God were, meet with indifference, I picked up a pen and wrote my own deliverance"

Are you referring to the two turf fields ? What is the issue ? I see kids on them all the time.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
After reading these posts off and on for a few months, I've come to the conclusion that these so called "adults" have way too much time on their hands,

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
he's baaaaaaaaaack

Who is he working for?

Yes but the owner of the club team that Calabria will be coaching for has a son that will be playing for Calabria. I'm sure if the coaching check is large enough, he will be brought up to varsity no later than 9th grade. Complete conflict of interest.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes but the owner of the club team that Calabria will be coaching for has a son that will be playing for Calabria. I'm sure if the coaching check is large enough, he will be brought up to varsity no later than 9th grade. Complete conflict of interest.

there are conflicts of interest in everything,deal with it - I think that there is a conflict of interest in a web site that does not allow negative comments about clubs and club owners that advertise on there site but there is nothing we can do about it. My suggestion to you is start a youth program and hire people that can help advance your child

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

there are conflicts of interest in everything,deal with it - I think that there is a conflict of interest in a web site that does not allow negative comments about clubs and club owners that advertise on there site but there is nothing we can do about it. My suggestion to you is start a youth program and hire people that can help advance your child

I dont think his son will need any help why dont you stop stirring the pot with your bs .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What club team does JC coach?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Many coaches were investigated this year and got fired. Too much bs and favortism as very talented players are benched. It's pay to play with the hs crap. Look at was written up in Newsday about an AD and coach retaliating against a girl player not sure if it was lax but how disguisting was that! Shame Shame Shame on you coaches.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]What club team does JC coach? [/quote

How is the Igloo 2020 team supposed to be this year ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dad

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly how many coaches were investigated? What a completely asinine statement. Where are you getting your facts?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks Dad
YOU ARE SOOOOO STUPID

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's coaching?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's coaching?

Lol this is to funny!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who's coaching?

The guy with the whistle

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The guy who's going to have to jump when his boss whistles.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any surprises if a player left to go to another school. Whether incoming freshman or Sophomores. I guess you can only really tell if they play football.

Winners and losers this year from the exodus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any surprises if a player left to go to another school. Whether incoming freshman or Sophomores. I guess you can only really tell if they play football.

Winners and losers this year from the exodus

Huh ? Come again.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you mean coming or going to privates ? The dust is settling. Could be a few surprises I am sure.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but the 8th grade Bay Shore attackman that left was the points leader for all of long island during the regular season prior to playoffs, difficult in a program like Bay Shore to replace nearly 100 points from one position. The town has a lot of lax talent, unfortunately most of the true talent goes to the either SA or SJB as freshman. REAL question is why do they leave?

They leave because Bay Shore school district is terrible. Better education and environment elsewhere. Simple.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real question is do they leave because of the demographics or the education? Good luck answering that one honestly.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Question. So the Brentwood stars and Bay Shore star are all attending SA?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Yes Sir, they will be majoring in Lacrosse

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real question is do they leave because of the demographics or the education? Good luck answering that one honestly.

Both. That was another simple one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should be an interesting year with these 'stars', let's see what the siblings and Bay Shore star bring out.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Both, especially when you live in Brightwaters and attend Bay Shore schools.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It should be an interesting year with these 'stars', let's see what the siblings and Bay Shore star bring out.

You just can't quit it can you? stop with the "star" references and BS....You are the epitome of jealousy. if you spent more time helping your kid rather than being on different threads asking the same stupid questions and hating on kids your kid would be a better player. your kid won't get better when you're always sitting on your butt on the pc spewing venom at all these kids. How about we see what your kid brings out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True, but the 8th grade Bay Shore attackman that left was the points leader for all of long island during the regular season prior to playoffs, difficult in a program like Bay Shore to replace nearly 100 points from one position. The town has a lot of lax talent, unfortunately most of the true talent goes to the either SA or SJB as freshman. REAL question is why do they leave?

They leave because Bay Shore school district is terrible. Better education and environment elsewhere. Simple.

Agreed.

Experienced the 8th grade graduation. Experience that once and you may see things differently.

Speak with the HS principle and you realize as it may be for some, who can adapt, it may not be best for yours. Why take the chance.

Was great a few years ago, don't see that returning.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm, actually Bay Shore happens to be a very good school district, do the research and get your facts straight before making asinine statements.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Umm, actually Bay Shore happens to be a very good school district, do the research and get your facts straight before making asinine statements.

Bay shore school district def has a bad reputation regardless of what your research shows. Not sure how you change that...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
All you "kids" welcome to the big leagues.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Bay shore school district def has a bad reputation regardless of what your research shows. Not sure how you change that...

Bad reputation in what regard? Im gonna go out on a limb here and say that people are more concerned with the demographics of the school than the quality of the education, which happens to be top notch.

Like Reply Quote
Page 4 of 264 1 2 3 4 5 6 263 264
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard