BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 78 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
TB and A Team? Not blasting them at all because the kids play hard but they are NO WAY an A team. What happened to the second team? Sounds like a good time to change clubs!

I can tell you if Igloo didn't make at least 5 changes to the B team then we will have to play in B brackets and not the A bracket that most of these kids deserve.

This is not coming from a current Igloo parent.

No. Couldn't be one of them. Lol. Feels like you don't know how all those people behave after only one year.

Just hate it when parents suck up
To keep kid on the team and in the end the team is not as good..I have been there done that

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen... I am of the opinion that most clubs don't invest in 2nd teams. And people have kids that are tweeners. That means they can't really crack the lineup on the top team because the talent is very high and the 2nd team is an after thought. I have noticed that now the top clubs at this age are making an effort to have very competitive, well run teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
From what I have seen... I am of the opinion that most clubs don't invest in 2nd teams. And people have kids that are tweeners. That means they can't really crack the lineup on the top team because the talent is very high and the 2nd team is an after thought. I have noticed that now the top clubs at this age are making an effort to have very competitive, well run teams.

You think second thought , wait until recruiting starts. You do not want to be on any second team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You think second thought , wait until recruiting starts. You do not want to be on any second team.

That's the problem. People have that think you must me on the A team in 7th grade to be recruited. With all the showcase and prospect days out there all you need is a club reference. That's not to say an A team isn't helpful - it's just not critical. Trust me, if your son doesn't make the top team now, it's okay. Just get good coaching/training and if your son can play come HS.... all will be well. Biggest mistake, getting on to a team and not playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some parents can't seam to get it through their thick heads. The only thing colleges are interested in is the finished product! Do you really think in your minds that they care how many championships little johnany when he was 12 years, old just try pulling that crap with college recruiters and see what happens. Their already having a problem with players in college with performance anxiety. That's what you want to do, put even more pressure on your child! Like they don't have enough to worry about getting g their school work done!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]From what I have seen... I am of the opinion that most clubs don't invest in 2nd teams. And people have kids that are tweeners. That means they can't really crack the lineup on the top team because the talent is very high and the 2nd team is an after thought. I have noticed that now the top clubs at this age are making an effort to have very competitive, well run teams.

That's the problem. People have that think you must me on the A team in 7th grade to be recruited. With all the showcase and prospect days out there all you need is a club reference. That's not to say an A team isn't helpful - it's just not critical. Trust me, if your son doesn't make the top team now, it's okay. Just get good coaching/training and if your son can play come HS.... all will be well. Biggest mistake, getting on to a team and not

No college wants a "reference" from your club coach that you pay. If in top high school , maybe your coach can help with process. If not , you need to be in front of college coaches . Like it or not , B teams won't be able to provide the exposure. Not to play at high level college. Recruiting starts summer of 8th grade. It doesn't make any sense, but that's the state of lacrosse recruiting today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]From what I have seen... I am of the opinion that most clubs don't invest in 2nd teams. And people have kids that are tweeners. That means they can't really crack the lineup on the top team because the talent is very high and the 2nd team is an after thought. I have noticed that now the top clubs at this age are making an effort to have very competitive, well run teams.

That's the problem. People have that think you must me on the A team in 7th grade to be recruited. With all the showcase and prospect days out there all you need is a club reference. That's not to say an A team isn't helpful - it's just not critical. Trust me, if your son doesn't make the top team now, it's okay. Just get good coaching/training and if your son can play come HS.... all will be well. Biggest mistake, getting on to a team and not

No college wants a "reference" from your club coach that you pay. If in top high school , maybe your coach can help with process. If not , you need to be in front of college coaches . Like it or not , B teams won't be able to provide the exposure. Not to play at high level college. Recruiting starts summer of 8th grade. It doesn't make any sense, but that's the state of lacrosse recruiting today.

I agree, but you need the club reference to get into showcases. Correct, B teams won't play in Team Showcases, but all players can play in individual showcases and that where you need the club reference. Plenty of A and non A team players received commitments that way, not via the team showcase. B teams if structured correctly is okay to be on. That can be a big 'If' but it's my opinion and I could be wrong.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It more about being the time their parents want them to commit . 9 out of 10 kids have no idea what they want yet..parents want to brag and use it as leverage with other schools to say their kid is the real deal. Answer me this. How does a kid in 9th grade commit then switch schools within a few months. That should say enough of how stupid it is to commit so early

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's absolutely out of control. But it is what is happening. If you are a blue chip kid and want to play at a top 10 school, you are recruited by end of 9th grade.

It more about being the time their parents want them to commit . 9 out of 10 kids have no idea what they want yet..parents want to brag and use it as leverage with other schools to say their kid is the real deal. Answer me this. How does a kid in 9th grade commit then switch schools within a few months. That should say enough of how stupid it is to commit so early

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their are two kinds of kids that play lacrosse in college, the first one is the kid that is average to very good and gets a little help or no rids. And the other one is the kids that plays off the hook and can possibly play D1 and get a little help or a fill ride. You can drag him to every little event an send him to all the show cases, trust me when I tell you it doesn't if he is on a A or B team or what club he plays for, if he's really good they will find hm.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
not sure about Outlaws, I heard their FOGO was MIA at tryouts. Anyone know where he went?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hopkins

not sure about Outlaws, I heard their FOGO was MIA at tryouts. Anyone know where he went?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Their are two kinds of kids that play lacrosse in college, the first one is the kid that is average to very good and gets a little help or no rids. And the other one is the kids that plays off the hook and can possibly play D1 and get a little help or a fill ride. You can drag him to every little event an send him to all the show cases, trust me when I tell you it doesn't if he is on a A or B team or what club he plays for, if he's really good they will find hm.

How does not matter if he is on an A or B team when the A team is the only team going to the best recruiting tournaments? Isn't that where the colleges are?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Where did you hear this? The KID was at tryouts and is not going anywhere.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Was at 2nd tryout. Still on outlaws.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Back to Outlaws-Thanks for your concerns

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How does not matter if he is on an A or B team when the A team is the only team going to the best recruiting tournaments? Isn't that where the colleges are?

Does it matter if the kid is on Outlaws A or B team when both teams play completely different showcases and tourneys??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that what are telling you?,if your son is not on three select or A team he has no chance at playing D1? Sombody is feeding you a load of crap.especially at 12 years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
don't count your chickens....kids come and go!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES!! He didnt even have to tryout what does that tell you about the team! Like everyone says they don't take new players that is why they are a 2nd rate team and can't beat top teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WHO CARES!! He didnt even have to tryout what does that tell you about the team! Like everyone says they don't take new players that is why they are a 2nd rate team and can't beat top teams.

Wow! Seems like you care enough to get your facts wrong about the process. Sounds like someone's kid didn't make a team and now are out for revenge. Worry about your kid and stop commenting on other kids and organizations that your kid can't be a part of.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
well you sound like an arse !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sht Sherlock, don't even bother or waste your time talking about playing college ball. None of this matters until the product is finished, that's 12th grade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow! Seems like you care enough to get your facts wrong about the process. Sounds like someone's kid didn't make a team and now are out for revenge. Worry about your kid and stop commenting on other kids and organizations that your kid can't be a part of.

I will say with conviction that you are out of bounds! My kid did try out and MAKE the select team as a Middie. We chose to go back to ninety two. But I was talking to the parents of the team and they told me 85% of the team will be the same!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws
The cleveland browns of lacrosse talent

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few 2022 questions as summer turns into fall and the "pre-season" tournaments begin (you know, the ones that count when you win but not when you lose) . . .

Will Express start off strong again by winning the Columbus Day Invitational?

Will fl$ continue to make waves as a legit A team after their raid of GC 34?

Will Team Igloo be the first youth lacrosse team to have their own "alternate third road jersey" color scheme?

Will Legacy capitalize off their 2020/21 World Series win to upgrade their team?

Will Team Long Island recover from the rumors of their demise?

Will Outlaws Select show that last year's win over United wasn't a fluke when their off-season pickups help them break their six game losing streak (all from last year) to Team Channy?

Will Team 91 ever name their AA team . . . will it really be called 91 Super Team 2022 AA?

And will the Bandits continue to bring Junior down from Crush/Blaze/Super Team to play in 2022 B brackets so they can say they "played up" and won B brackets?

It's the best time of the year . . .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A few 2022 questions as summer turns into fall and the "pre-season" tournaments begin (you know, the ones that count when you win but not when you lose) . . .

Will Team Igloo be the first youth lacrosse team to have their own "alternate third road jersey" color scheme?

Will Legacy capitalize off their 2020/21 World Series win to upgrade their team?

Will Outlaws Select show that last year's win over United wasn't a fluke when their off-season pickups help them break their six game losing streak (all from last year) to Team Channy?

Will Team 91 ever name their AA team . . . will it really be called 91 Super Team 2022 AA?

And will the Bandits continue to bring Junior down from Crush/Blaze/Super Team to play in 2022 B brackets so they can say they "played up" and won B brackets?

Will the guy who wrote this get a life?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more question
"Is the tool bag that wrote this the biggest loser dad of all time "
This is the only question that can be answered YES

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more question

I actually thought the igloo question was funny!!! with all their swag, I'm shocked they don't have a 3rd jersey.. come on now they have 2 helmets why not a 3rd jersey

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Actually it's called 91 Elite. So they say.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more question

I actually thought the igloo question was funny!!! with all their swag, I'm shocked they don't have a 3rd jersey.. come on now they have 2 helmets why not a 3rd jersey

You are such a tool!!!!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One player is far from a raid... Move on troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Good Post! don't listen to all the naysayers. They love it, that's why they come to this site, that and the information about events (which is awesome) ; )

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Prediction this coming season express falls apart !!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Predictions for this upcoming year?

1. Super Team
2. Express
3. Igloo
4 Outlaws
5. 91 "A"
6. Eff Elle Gee
8. Empire
9. Zummo Team
10. Team LI if they have a team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
explain Super Team please

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Super Team
2. Express
3. Igloo
4 Outlaws
5. 91 "A"
6. Eff Elle Gee
8. Empire
9. Zummo Team

Thanks for the rankings Super Team Dad. At least your kid is on the team. Even if he is the 8/10th middie or 5/7th attackman. But hey , he's on the team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Super Team
2. Express
3. Igloo
4 Outlaws
5. 91 "A"
6. Eff Elle Gee
8. Empire
9. Zummo Team

Thanks for the rankings Super Team Dad. At least your kid is on the team. Even if he is the 8/10th middie or 5/7th attackman. But hey , he's on the team.

Obviously your kid on empire or outlaws!!! lol

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Super Team
2. Express
3. Igloo
4 Outlaws
5. 91 "A"
6. Eff Elle Gee
8. Empire
9. Zummo Team

No love for GC34 on this list?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Super Team
2. Express
3. Igloo
4 Outlaws
5. 91 "A"
6. Eff Elle Gee
8. Empire
9. Zummo Team

No love for GC34 on this list?

............NOPE

Page 7 of 78 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard