BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,564
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 79 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 MESA was a mess last summer. NXT is good for "A" tournaments.
They would get crushed in "AA" tournaments.

The twelve RS kids made the team before tryout started.
Not sure what that says about the legitimacy of the tryout

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Would guess at least 5, probably 7.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Reading isn't a strong point
It said grow younger programs

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, I see that TD is posting on Facebook about how happy he is that 12 of the Rising Sons made NXT. I guess he doesn't care about the other half of the kids that got cut?! What a D*&^ move... And, I see that he removed the post, so someone clued him in that only a total [lacrosse] would do that in the first place. Of course, anyone that knows TD knows that it par for the course with him.
OMG one I can't believe he is friends with you (vomit), 2, he should be happy that he developed kids to play at a high level, 3 you have some serious issues you need to work out with yourself. Good job to those that made it. Oh and 4, the post is still up maybe he just removed you?

1. Not friends with him, but know a parent of a boy who didn't make it. (Who sent a screen shot to me)
2. I tried to tell them years ago not to be associated with him, but they didn't listen. Now they wish they would have. Clearly, he could care less about the boys that didn't make it. He could have at least waited a week to brag
3. He can be as proud as he wants, but there is NO REASON to post them when 1/2 of the team didn't make it.
4. If he still has it up, just proves what a [lacrosse] he is.
5. And it is laughable that you would say he developed anyone, he is nothing more than a over the top lacrosse dad. He has zero experience coaching or playing the sport
Hey this sounds like one of our long island moms that son got cut from the program and probably is a jv football player. I just came on the philly page and you guys don't waste anytime

Is there something wrong with being a "JV football" player? I don't understand what your point is?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2019 MESA was a mess last summer. NXT is good for "A" tournaments.
They would get crushed in "AA" tournaments.

The twelve RS kids made the team before tryout started.
Not sure what that says about the legitimacy of the tryout
totally false. But that fits what you need to tell yourself.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Caught you TD!! You know how you always wonder who the anonymous posters are and you look for similarities to determine who it is?? This is evidence that the below message is from TD!! I have multiple forwarded emails from last year's NXT cheating scandal where TD mentions how "all of his kids love and respect him" and how he was so "pissed that everyone was trying to impugn his character."
Can't fault him though, not sure I could take the constant heat he gets on here without speaking up!

He also won the event this past year. He was a student of the game and the kids all respected and loved him. All of them. Pisses me off that you try to impugn his character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on great defender of all things NXT. Your right, the 12 Sons deserved to make it as they are very good, but they were picked before the tryout. As for the 5 NXT kids that made it only one deserved it. Funny how you did comment on that but started rambling on about LaSalle kids. My point is 17 of the kids were picked before tryouts, leaving 8 spots for the 100 kids left trying out over the weekend. NXT cashed in. Complete farce.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
30-40 defenders competing for 1-2 spots
40-45 attack competing for 1-2 spots
Goalies Thanks for your donation

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a tryout. Kids get cut. Deal with it.
Should NXT be "loyal" to their kids that have played on those joke teams for all those years? No. At this level it gets reshuffled.
It's not about how much you spent so your little princess could make bandits a few years back. It's about their reputation for fielding great teams.
Loyalty? In competitive sports? Go join a club where everyone makes it and if you cut the check you're on the team.
Put princess back in his safe space and tell him how this is all BS and it's all rigged and he's the best lax player ever and if that one kid didn't reclass and if the coach's son wasn't friends w/ so and so and blah blah blah.
Best thing that ever happened to my kid was to get cut once long ago.
Maybe the everyone gets to make the team AND get a trophy mentality isn't preparing your princesses for the reality of life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on great defender of all things NXT. Your right, the 12 Sons deserved to make it as they are very good, but they were picked before the tryout. As for the 5 NXT kids that made it only one deserved it. Funny how you did comment on that but started rambling on about LaSalle kids. My point is 17 of the kids were picked before tryouts, leaving 8 spots for the 100 kids left trying out over the weekend. NXT cashed in. Complete farce.

How were the kids "picked" before the tryout? You mean they're really good and they'd be stupid NOT to take them?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good god. Imagine the inboxes of those NXT and Sons coaches who didn't make it. The venom those parents were spitting I'm sure could keep princess off many future teams.
Remember that some of these teams know the parents. And some of the parents are trainwrecks.
So who's starting another team for Johnny and his buddies that didn't make NXT? You'll show 'em who's boss, won't cha?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly how RS got started
Can't start on one team go start your own

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good god. Imagine the inboxes of those NXT and Sons coaches who didn't make it. The venom those parents were spitting I'm sure could keep princess off many future teams.
Remember that some of these teams know the parents. And some of the parents are trainwrecks.
So who's starting another team for Johnny and his buddies that didn't make NXT? You'll show 'em who's boss, won't cha?

You clearly don't know anything about the Sons 2020 team, because if you did, you would know that the parents that are "train wrecks" all had kids that made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Exactly how RS got started
Can't start on one team go start your own

100% accurate, and that is the "train wreck" parent

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That's the problem with most of these clubs. They get into it for all the wrong reasons. Sons will be done soon and there are a couple others that seem to fit this mold. Sickening!! They give lax a bad rap.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can't pretend to know much about Rising Sons other than they were started by a dad, very successful, they charged alot of money, and they were cheating. But your sickening comment is a bit misguided. Quite a few posters above have linked Brotherly Love to RS and I suspect you are doing the same. BL was started by dads, very succesful, and now being accused of cheating. I can tell you they are not cheating as my son plays on the team and has played with the core Kennett group since he picked up a stick.

Also the one dad's son in my opinion could start on any 2024 club team in the country so he didn't start the club because "Johnny got cut or didn't have enough playing time." What I do know is that they are one of the cheapest options for club lacrosse in Philly. Last year I paid $450 and then between fall and summer for 4 tournaments. Looked up my bank account and my total outlay for the year was $950. Friends and neighbors are saying they are receiving invites from Philly based clubs for $1,600, $2,500, $2,000, and $3,000. Starting your own club isn't sickening that is capitalism. Taking people to the cleaners by charging that much money to play elementary/middle school lacrosse.....SICKENING!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's happening at HHH that there were a dozen kids trying out for NXT 2020?

HHH 2020 players were told they would need to tryout again for next years team. Usually all the 8th graders get an automatic invite back. I think many of them tried out for Team 11, Dukes, and other clubs. The HHH team size is going to be cut back this year in order to make a stronger team.
Evaluations start on the 10th and official tryout is September 25.
New Home for HHH is Germantown Academy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How do people like Mesa?? Is their coaching staff and exposure good?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you think HHH will have a better team because of the reduced roster?
I believe Philly Freedom is a legit 2020 team. Maybe they'll pick up the scraps from the NXT tryouts.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So daddy ball is, indeed, cheaper than the other clubs that are charging $2k.
The difference is in paid coaching.
HHH, the lower RS teams, most other good clubs hire real coaches, not daddys.
I'm sure there's some dads out there that can coach, no doubt.
For me and my money I want paid, professional coaches to develop my kids, not some dude I drink and play golf with on the weekends.
Let your kid out of his comfort zone where he doesn't know the coaches and they don't know him. You'll get more out of that kid than you've seen before. I've seen it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Always a crap shoot. Exposure depends on the team. Coaches are going to watch the teams that are good. 2020's were awful this summer. 2019's were not strong, 2018's have a ton of talent and 2017's were just ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So if your point is true and there may be merit in it why can none of the teams that charge 2K compete with the daddy ball teams? 2022, 2023, 2024, and 2025 name me one team in the Philly area that can consistently beat the daddy ball clubs such as Freedom and Brotherly Love. Not only can they not compete for the most part they get crushed. It is actually embarrasing to sit on the sideline and watch these teams play each other and we are on the winning team and I feel embarassed. Even some of the best teams in MD and LI are coached by dads.

Also, let's be honest HHH is running from the best local Philly teams. Might want to put down the kool aid.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The question is "What is the goal?" And the answer is not to win every tournament and have the best team. The real answer and the goal of all these clubs is to get the kids in front of college coaches and that can be done without winning all your games. You need to be a solid team, win 75% or so, and get invited to the top tournaments and do ok. NXT showed themselves a bit here. If I was a parent of one of the kids who had played for 5 years on that team and now got cut I would tell my kid all the right things, BUT I would not be happy. Loyalty has to count for something and if you take a close look at their team it did....they kept their goalie from last year who is a great kid but was nowhere near the talent level of the other goalies who were at try outs. The question is why only him?

It's a tryout. Kids get cut. Deal with it.
Should NXT be "loyal" to their kids that have played on those joke teams for all those years? No. At this level it gets reshuffled.
It's not about how much you spent so your little princess could make bandits a few years back. It's about their reputation for fielding great teams.
Loyalty? In competitive sports? Go join a club where everyone makes it and if you cut the check you're on the team.
Put princess back in his safe space and tell him how this is all BS and it's all rigged and he's the best lax player ever and if that one kid didn't reclass and if the coach's son wasn't friends w/ so and so and blah blah blah.
Best thing that ever happened to my kid was to get cut once long ago.
Maybe the everyone gets to make the team AND get a trophy mentality isn't preparing your princesses for the reality of life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is so accurate!

You clearly don't know anything about the Sons 2020 team, because if you did, you would know that the parents that are "train wrecks" all had kids that made the team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be clear here. BL did get caught cheating, it was made very clear by NXT already. And they started their program because their founder, and best player's father, was not asked to coach at Freedom and he became incredibly miffed at that. These are facts.
Brotherly Love is cheapest in the area for their age groups. But that is because tourneys at that age are for the most part cheaper to attend. Right now it is most appropriate to look at middle school and high school as the best metric for cost;

7th Grade
BL....1100
Freedom....1300
RoughRiders....1300
Fusion....2000
Rising Sons....2000
Mesa....2500
NXT....2500
HHH.....2500 add in Uprising for another 600

High School

BL....??
Freedom....1800
RoughRiders....1800
Fusion....2500
HHH....2500 add in Uprising for another 600
Mesa....3000
NXT....3000

Can't pretend to know much about Rising Sons other than they were started by a dad, very successful, they charged alot of money, and they were cheating. But your sickening comment is a bit misguided. Quite a few posters above have linked Brotherly Love to RS and I suspect you are doing the same. BL was started by dads, very succesful, and now being accused of cheating. I can tell you they are not cheating as my son plays on the team and has played with the core Kennett group since he picked up a stick.

Also the one dad's son in my opinion could start on any 2024 club team in the country so he didn't start the club because "Johnny got cut or didn't have enough playing time." What I do know is that they are one of the cheapest options for club lacrosse in Philly. Last year I paid $450 and then between fall and summer for 4 tournaments. Looked up my bank account and my total outlay for the year was $950. Friends and neighbors are saying they are receiving invites from Philly based clubs for $1,600, $2,500, $2,000, and $3,000. Starting your own club isn't sickening that is capitalism. Taking people to the cleaners by charging that much money to play elementary/middle school lacrosse.....SICKENING!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Paid coaching is not always better but this argument goes on forever and in circles. Joey Sankey's dad coached him and his buddies, he did pretty well. And Sauers dad coached him in high school and he's a Team USA kid. It depends on the guy.

So daddy ball is, indeed, cheaper than the other clubs that are charging $2k.
The difference is in paid coaching.
HHH, the lower RS teams, most other good clubs hire real coaches, not daddys.
I'm sure there's some dads out there that can coach, no doubt.
For me and my money I want paid, professional coaches to develop my kids, not some dude I drink and play golf with on the weekends.
Let your kid out of his comfort zone where he doesn't know the coaches and they don't know him. You'll get more out of that kid than you've seen before. I've seen it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question and here is how it works.
Coaching quality is team by team and age by age. Exposure is by program and doesn't start until 8th grade, if the program gets invited to the top tourneys they get exposure. The only way to get invited is to have good teams. The only teams in Philly that get invited to the top tourneys are HHH, Mesa, Freedom, and sometimes Sons. When BL gets a team that age they will be invited as well.
The other teams simply go to second tier tourneys and get very minimal exposure. Teams like RoughRiders, Fusion, Dukes Young Guns, Black Bear, etc, etc

Always a crap shoot. Exposure depends on the team. Coaches are going to watch the teams that are good. 2020's were awful this summer. 2019's were not strong, 2018's have a ton of talent and 2017's were just ok.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This statement is inaccurate. Coaches watch the "players" that are good, not the teams. The only trick is to get into/be invited to the right tournaments

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let's be clear here. BL did get caught cheating, it was made very clear by NXT already. And they started their program because their founder, and best player's father, was not asked to coach at Freedom and he became incredibly miffed at that. These are facts.
Brotherly Love is cheapest in the area for their age groups. But that is because tourneys at that age are for the most part cheaper to attend. Right now it is most appropriate to look at middle school and high school as the best metric for cost;

This post was brought to my attention.

In reading these threads, I can't assuage you from the conviction that Brotherly Love is cheating there way to tournament championships and dastardly pursuing wins while laying waste to the Philly youth lacrosse landscape. So I won't try; however, your representation of why I started the club is a gross misrepresentation.

This is how the events transpired. I took my oldest son to tryout for the 2023 Freedom Team, based upon my research I thought it was the best Philly based club. My son is a 2024 player and he made the 2023 team. His experience was excellent. Did they win every game, no. Did they win a single tournament, no. However, loved his two coaches, made new friends, had a blast, and got better. He eventually worked his way to a starting attack spot on the team, so no daddy ball either. The two coaches that Freedom had in place were excellent and he still talks fondly of them to this day and is excited when he sees them at games. After all, we are talking about a kid that is still in elementary school.

Despite the incredibly positive experience, this is why I started the club with another father.

1. It was a pain in the [lacrosse] driving all the way from Kennett to Downingtown and it literally took at least an hour one way during rush hour, anyone that has been on 202 at that time can vouch.

2. Kennett Community Teams were stacked at 2022, 2023, and 2024. I believe we could literally field a national caliber club from just one neighborhood, Hartefeld, and play with any team in the country.

3. Parents that disbursed throughout the various local club offerings asked me to start a club team because they thought 2K for a club team was a ridiculous amount of money.

4. I am an entrepeneur, it is in my DNA.

So there you have it. Freedom experience was fantastic, coaching was excellent, and if I had to do it all over again, would. The impetus came solely from the reasons above and nothing more. I was never asked to coach and after coaching 3 of my own kids at the rec level was looking forward to just lounging in my chair, toes in the grass, drinking a beer. I was spent. All of us that have coached football and lacrosse in particular know the feeling. End of the season there is just very little left in the tank. I was never "miffed" simply just glad to be there.

If you are going to state facts might want to get them straight before traversing the libel route.

Can't let it go... if you are so wrong about why I started Brotherly Love and blatantly fabricated the story it does cast some serious credibility on your ascertions that BL is a nefarious cheater and that NXT has reprimanded us. As one of the owners of the club I can tell you we have not been chided and I personally talked to their tournament director and validated our players oscillating from team to team as long as they played "down" was acceptable.

Step out of the shrouds of anonymity and let the truth set you free.
Jonathan Nurry
Brotherly Love, Co-Founder

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many kids from HHH made 2020nxt??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think five.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Clearly, BL has cheated. Kids are not stupid, when new players show up in playoffs and none of the players know their names...you are cheating. Make whatever excuse you want but it has been witness by people here and on the LI board. We all were a witnesses.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Uh yeah. My kid plays for BL and the two "guest" players they were referring to are a Downgingtown middie and a Kennett Pole. Yeah they were clearly bigger and better. Bad news for other 2023 teams is not only were they not guest players they will be back again next season. Just because they were wearing different shorts and a dad was brought in to help coach last minute who didn't know players names...please I sure hope you aren't in the legal profession. Kids aren't that stupid but you clearly are. Whatever helps you deal with the fact they are clearly better

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We played BL twice in the NXT League and I know the two boys, if it is their face off kid who stays on he is dominant. The pole playing LSM is ridiculous. You will be watching those boys on TV somdeday. Don't know if they are truly 2023 but if they are, scary.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey get your HYPE NIGHT here!! Only 200 bucks. Give little Johnnie some hope of making the team. Ring the cash register. Go team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey get your HYPE NIGHT here!! Only 200 bucks. Give little Johnnie some hope of making the team. Ring the cash register. Go team.

It does make you wonder what Percent of boys who made the team did events like this, and others through NXT, during the year? Did the boys from NXT that made it, habitually pay more for events like this, and the ones that didn't get cut? What about the Rising Sons that made it, did some funnel lots of money to NXT During the last 12 months? Things that make you wonder...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It does make you wonder what Percent of boys who made the team did events like this, and others through NXT, during the year? Did the boys from NXT that made it, habitually pay more for events like this, and the ones that didn't get cut? What about the Rising Sons that made it, did some funnel lots of money to NXT During the last 12 months? Things that make you wonder...
Who knows but the kids that made the team also made the PA Allstar games this year and last year. There were also kid that made the PA Allstar team but did not make the NXT 2020 team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who knows but the kids that made the team also made the PA Allstar games this year and last year. There were also kid that made the PA Allstar team but did not make the NXT 2020 team.

That's my point, is it pay to play? Even to make their "all-star" teams? You line their pockets and they pick your kid

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's my point, is it pay to play? Even to make their "all-star" teams? You line their pockets and they pick your kid
yeah i don't think so their kids paid the most and they didn't get chosen. They picked the top kids, they were very upfront with current nxt parents

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Where are the 2020 philly teams going this Fall?

Like Reply Quote
Page 8 of 79 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard