BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18
Re: Boys 2021
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The took Madlax's #2 goalie so that was a nice pickup

Well this puts to rest who this guy thinks is a better club. They got Madlax's second string goalie and he is happy. LOL

Whenever I'm on this forum, I see posts where I think to myself "Man, this is the dumbest post I've ever seen on here - where do these people come from". Congrats - you're the current winner! LOL

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Real Classy.

How would you feel if someone described your son that way on an open forum?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not sure making fun of the KIDS on the VLC team is needed

But it is good to point out that it will be hard for them to play with 2 poles.

5 Attack and 5 mid/attack is a bit much

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the names are displayed as people are signing up, do you really think this is the final roster? Do you really think they will only have 2 poles on the field?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Kielbasa is a nut ball hack that run's 21 like a B level rec team.

Nothing would be surprising at this point given the train wreck that team has been since he took the helm. Unfortunately, the really talented and dedicated kids suffer being a part of that mess.

Another embarrassing year folks....have fun with that.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nothing would be surprising at this point given the train wreck that team has been since he took the helm. Unfortunately, the really talented and dedicated kids suffer being a part of that mess.

Hi, Madlax dad!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think it's going to be hard to play with 2 poles, imagine the 2018s - they only have one guy period, as a middie/attack, who's going to cover the goal??

Ok enough sarcasm - I'm not certain how hard the concept is to understand, but as has been mentioned previously, the online roster updates as the players register. 2021s will have plenty of poles, and they have at least 5 more players who need to register.

To the guy who made the comment about them taking the Madlax 2nd goalie, have you ever even played lacrosse or any other sport? Every starting line player begins somewhere - it's just an ignorant comment.

Thank God Pannell didn't have morons like you influencing his career...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your kid got cut...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad the moderator took down that awful post. But the poster was probably just frustrated. You can't blame the kids for trying out (and being selected) for the team. You can blame the parents for being delusional. It should be obvious by now which kids have real talent, and which are just good players. I'm sure what's happening at VLC is what's happening everwhere else including my kid's club - delusional parents refusing to let their dream of college recruitment die. Unforunately, they screw over the really talented kids (and parents) in the process.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sounds like your kid got cut...

Nah, I think this is the asshat poster who criticized that 13 year old player on the earlier, and thankfully deleted, post. My son was a member of the team last year. Yes, he did not make it this year. It is a true blessing in disguise. Don't have to spend time with said asshat. Oh, by the way asshat, your kid is not as good as you think he is...

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If you think it's going to be hard to play with 2 poles, imagine the 2018s - they only have one guy period, as a middie/attack, who's going to cover the goal??

Ok enough sarcasm - I'm not certain how hard the concept is to understand, but as has been mentioned previously, the online roster updates as the players register. 2021s will have plenty of poles, and they have at least 5 more players who need to register.

To the guy who made the comment about them taking the Madlax 2nd goalie, have you ever even played lacrosse or any other sport? Every starting line player begins somewhere - it's just an ignorant comment.

Thank God Pannell didn't have morons like you influencing his career...

Hurray. A voice of reason. I'm no Madlax fan, but their second goalies are typically exceptional. Whether you love Madlax or hate Madlax, you have to admit they have amazing talent, and their "second stringers" are all potential college players. VLC is lucky to get him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi, Madlax dad!

I truly hope this is a troll rather than a parent at VLC. I know Coach K has thick skin. He'll have a good chuckle when he reads this. Still, it's an unseemly and UNFAIR post. By the way, you do know we are talking about an 8th grade team? Why are your panties in such a bunch?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If the names are displayed as people are signing up, do you really think this is the final roster? Do you really think they will only have 2 poles on the field?

I'm sure they'll have more than 2 poles. The fact that only 2 are listed when most of the rest of the roster is listed is not a good sign however. Certainly means that last year's poles decided to go elsewhere, never a good sign. For the current crop, either offers were rejected and now they are scrambling to find decent backups. Or the invitees are on the fence, considering other offers. Either way, not a good sign for this team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm glad the moderator took down that awful post. But the poster was probably just frustrated. You can't blame the kids for trying out (and being selected) for the team. You can blame the parents for being delusional. It should be obvious by now which kids have real talent, and which are just good players. I'm sure what's happening at VLC is what's happening everwhere else including my kid's club - delusional parents refusing to let their dream of college recruitment die. Unforunately, they screw over the really talented kids (and parents) in the process.

How are the merely good players screwing over the really talent kids? Isn't this 2021 8th grade? Rabil and Pannell were merely good players at this age. And screwing the parents? Talk about delusional - you may want to look in the mirror.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I'm sure they'll have more than 2 poles. The fact that only 2 are listed when most of the rest of the roster is listed is not a good sign however. Certainly means that last year's poles decided to go elsewhere, never a good sign. For the current crop, either offers were rejected and now they are scrambling to find decent backups. Or the invitees are on the fence, considering other offers. Either way, not a good sign for this team.

LOL. Some people are later than others in terms of signing up. Look at the 2018 roster. Do you really think only 1 person is going to be on that team?

I just talked to a dad on that team and there are several people who were offered and accepted and are just slow to pay up the fee.

Really weird that some guys spend their days scanning roster of boys lacrosse players.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi, Madlax dad!

+1...Never seen a more obnoxious bunch of blowhards. Sorry your kid got cut!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not true at all - from a first-hand perspective, when you get your invite, you accept it by e-mailing the coach back. You have a couple of weeks to register/pay on the website - that is not what holds your spot, the acceptance of the invite with the coach does. No one rushes to pay, as long as you've registered by the first fall practice you're good. Look at their 2018 team - there is one player registered, they are one of the best teams around and everyone is returning, they simply haven't paid yet. Same goes with all of their other teams, the 2019s aren't showing a few stellar players I know are returning, same with 2020s, etc. You should know the system prior to commenting.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hi, Madlax dad!

I truly hope this is a troll rather than a parent at VLC. I know Coach K has thick skin. He'll have a good chuckle when he reads this. Still, it's an unseemly and UNFAIR post. By the way, you do know we are talking about an 8th grade team? Why are your panties in such a bunch?

The funniest part of the statement is "since he took the helm" - he's been the ONLY head coach for that age group of VLC ALWAYS. When VLC had their first 2020 team, he coached that, then when 2020s were in 8th grade (last year), Coach K took the 2021s, and is staying with them this year now that they are in 8th grade. There has never been anyone else steering that ship, and he's a good coach and a good guy all-around.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 is 8th grade, right? Hard to keep up with these numbers.

It sounds pretty consistent with how VLC operates, at least since I've been observing them. 7th grade is their first team, so it's always their weakest. Nearly all the best AA players have been playing for a different club for a few seasons, so that team has to be built from scratch. Their roster always seem to change dramatically as they go to 8th. Maybe some kids come from different clubs, maybe some move to the area, etc. I've seen a VLC team go from a terrible 7th grade team to a great one in 1 year.

I'm sure most clubs see a big change from their youngest team to the following year, but it isn't as dramatic because many clubs have younger youth teams.

As for the coach, I know him and he is a great guy. Just some idiot trying to make up stuff or maybe his son got cut. Parents whose kids play for him love him.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
2021 head coach is a great coach. So devoted to the boys and understands the game,. For good measure, you have Langley as one of the assistants. That guy can make lemonade out of lemons and is a true student if the game.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express 2021 is the Top 2021 Team in area . BLC 2021 has always been the best has never lost a game to MadLax, NL, VLC, CB - not even a game within 5 goals and beat NL 20-0 and CB 13-3 last year and only 2021 team in Maryland that beat Crabs. Those are just facts. 100% of the players from BLC returned for DCE and also added 8 new players - including players from Annapolis, Baltimore, Northern VA, and Olney - so drawing kids from other areas. NL had two good players - both now DCE. One CB player came over this year.

2021 is first DCE organically formed team - meaning - BLC boys fed into the mix. The older Teams formed do not have that benefit. DCE 21 is the best of BLC 21 - which was already the best and added several players.

No top players went to NL 2021 Tryouts - only boys who did not make DCE 2021 Black - why would anyone go to NL from BLC after a 20-0 win - that would be a waste of time.

NL will never play DCE at 2021. Would be waste of time.

MadLax 21 likely added players and closed the gap, but please stop talking about NL or VLC - at 2021 they will be aweful. FCA too - BLC beat them 18-2 this spring in hoco.

Crabs and BLC were top 2021 Teams last year and will be again this year and till this year group graduates.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
DC Express 2021 is the Top 2021 Team in area . BLC 2021 has always been the best has never lost a game to MadLax, NL, VLC, CB - not even a game within 5 goals and beat NL 20-0 and CB 13-3 last year and only 2021 team in Maryland that beat Crabs. Those are just facts. 100% of the players from BLC returned for DCE and also added 8 new players - including players from Annapolis, Baltimore, Northern VA, and Olney - so drawing kids from other areas. NL had two good players - both now DCE. One CB player came over this year.

2021 is first DCE organically formed team - meaning - BLC boys fed into the mix. The older Teams formed do not have that benefit. DCE 21 is the best of BLC 21 - which was already the best and added several players.

No top players went to NL 2021 Tryouts - only boys who did not make DCE 2021 Black - why would anyone go to NL from BLC after a 20-0 win - that would be a waste of time.

MadLax 21 likely added players and closed the gap, but please stop talking about NL or VLC - at 2021 they will be aweful. FCA too - BLC beat them 18-2 this spring in hoco.

Crabs and BLC were top 2021 Teams last year and will be again this year and till this year group graduates.

It sounds like there are 40+ kids on this DCE roster. The way BLC changes their lineups moving kids up and down week to week, I guess I am not surprised.

Is this the same BLC team that lost to Hawks 2022?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow - you seem to know everything, can you tell us what the next set of Powerball numbers are too? LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Take a step back and re-read your post.

You are talking about which 8th graders are good, and which ones are "bad". You are making absolute assertions about 8th graders and how they will be years from now.

Get a grip. Your bold assertions about boys is downright bizarre. You should seek help.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BLC 2021 Black is the best.......blah blah blah. What are you 13 YOA?

Village Idiot

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In terms of top teams, seems like you are forgetting GT, Kooper's and Hawks, but you probably are talking about the DC area.

Your post certainly got under folks's skins, surely as intended. Tweaking Madlax parents isn't the worst vice.

DC Express seems to offer a heck of a program. Do none of those kids have school lacrosse in 8th grade?

Makes a lot of sense in a world where almost 40 2020's were committed by the end of August.

I wonder if the Madlax 2021 AAAA team did close the gap or is 3d MidAtlantic's team the one that improved?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Wow - you seem to know everything, can you tell us what the next set of Powerball numbers are too? LOL

And this is why nobody likes the blc parents and their attitude

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you really think college coaches give a [lacrosse] who wins games at recruitment tourneys? If so, you don't know scat. It's all about having 2-3 studs on a team that draws the coaches attention. That's when they get to see the other 23. Madlax and VLC and Blackwolf have at least those 2-3 studs every year, and usually more. That's why they will continue to crush the wannabes like NL and Express. So, great, win all those meaningless games NL and Express. The real game is recruitment and y'all are gonna lose that to the DMV Big Boys every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect .

You don't need any studs to attract !! , its contact the college coach and they will come take a look and more importantly goto college camps and you will build a contact with that coach They do not specifically waste there time watching a team in general or don't give a rats [lacrosse] what program they are in although connections from that program helps. It's a huge pick of the litter and not feasible for a coach to goto a random game to take the gamble . people are so hung up on Gotta play in A bracket , or We need to win that tournament . It's individualism at this age group now. How well that player performs will be noted by the coach , they look for certain traits that may be of value for their program.

Do you really think college coaches give a [lacrosse] who wins games at recruitment tourneys? If so, you don't know scat. It's all about having 2-3 studs on a team that draws the coaches attention. That's when they get to see the other 23. Madlax and VLC and Blackwolf have at least those 2-3 studs every year, and usually more. That's why they will continue to crush the wannabes like NL and Express. So, great, win all those meaningless games NL and Express. The real game is recruitment and y'all are gonna lose that to the DMV Big Boys every time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thinking that VLC and Madlax will crush upstarts like NL and Express. For 2020 NL beat Madlax and their National team every time this past season. VLC isn't even close to NL2020.
As for the 2021 kids, the DC Express will dominate including Madlax/VLC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Funny thinking that VLC and Madlax will crush upstarts like NL and Express. For 2020 NL beat Madlax and their National team every time this past season. VLC isn't even close to NL2020.
As for the 2021 kids, the DC Express will dominate including Madlax/VLC.

Dead Bubble Dad,

Someday you'll learn that nobody cares who wins a particular game or even a tournament. It's all about your son having fun and getting better in order to get to the next level.

As for NL 2020, it's a good team. When they last played VLC 2020, they won by 2 goals. I'm sure VLC has improved since then as I'm sure NL has as well. Madlax is behind both of those clubs, but I'm sure their 2020 has gotten better.

Assuming this new Express team gets all of the Bethesda 2021 kids, it will be a good team. The rest of Express, however, has marginal talent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
NL has struggled for years. That 2020 team is very competitive, but the rest of the club is garbage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear VLC bubble dad,
sorry to give you the news but winning is very important to attracting better players to improve your program. Clubs like Madlax 2020 learned this last year by not playing in the Howard County League and lost most of their games and tournaments. VLC 2020 will continue to win at the 2nd tier but can't hang with any of the the top 2020 clubs. Having fun is of course important but if your kid is on a bad team they're not going to be invited to the better tournaments where all the college coaches are recruiting players for the "next level".

What years with VLC dominate? Certainly not 2020 or 2021. Guess your kid is having too much fun playing in Halloween Havoc.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear VLC bubble dad,
sorry to give you the news but winning is very important to attracting better players to improve your program. Clubs like Madlax 2020 learned this last year by not playing in the Howard County League and lost most of their games and tournaments. VLC 2020 will continue to win at the 2nd tier but can't hang with any of the the top 2020 clubs. Having fun is of course important but if your kid is on a bad team they're not going to be invited to the better tournaments where all the college coaches are recruiting players for the "next level".

What years with VLC dominate? Certainly not 2020 or 2021. Guess your kid is having too much fun playing in Halloween Havoc.

LOL.

I am the guy who wrote the post at 2:56 pm. I am not a VLC dad at all. Our son played for BW and graduated two years ago. He used to play for NL and it was a complete disaster.

BW, Madlax and VLC are light years ahead of NL and Express. BW has had 150+ college recruits in a short amount of time and I'm sure VLC isn't far behind. Madlax is run by a jerk, but they have a lot of great players. All three are on a completely different tier than NL or this new Express thing. Are you kidding me? I've heard NL has a good freshman team and Express has a good 8th grade team. That's not the same as playing for a great club.

You missed my point. Of course winning is important (for the program and for kids). But nobody cares who wins a middle school game. The point is playing for a good program that teaches the game and can help you get to the next level (recruiting, playing in HS). Neither Express or NL have that reputation yet. They could get there eventually, but competition is pretty fierce up there from Madlax and BW.

I don't know anything about the VLC freshman team except that they have one of the best freshman in the country. I also know that BW, VLC and Madlax play in the best tournaments. NL never played in good tournaments and I seriously doubt this new Express team will, either

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Dear VLC bubble dad,

LOL.

I am the guy who wrote the post at 2:56 pm. I am not a VLC dad at all. Our son played for BW and graduated two years ago. He used to play for NL and it was a complete disaster.

BW, Madlax and VLC are light years ahead of NL and Express. BW has had 150+ college recruits in a short amount of time and I'm sure VLC isn't far behind. Madlax is run by a jerk, but they have a lot of great players. All three are on a completely different tier than NL or this new Express thing. Are you kidding me? I've heard NL has a good freshman team and Express has a good 8th grade team. That's not the same as playing for a great club.

You missed my point. Of course winning is important (for the program and for kids). But nobody cares who wins a middle school game. The point is playing for a good program that teaches the game and can help you get to the next level (recruiting, playing in HS). Neither Express or NL have that reputation yet. They could get there eventually, but competition is pretty fierce up there from Madlax and BW.

I don't know anything about the VLC freshman team except that they have one of the best freshman in the country. I also know that BW, VLC and Madlax play in the best tournaments. NL never played in good tournaments and I seriously doubt this new Express team will, either

I have seen VLC 2020 many times over the last 2 years. VLC 2020 has that best freshman in the country you alluded to. That's no exageration. But talent pool falls of pretty quickly after that. I have seen VLC 2021 about half as often. But I predict VLC 2021 will be a better example of what you are talking about - VLC 2021 8th grade team will only win slightly more than they lose. But they have a core group of about 6 boys who with the right coaching (which VLC consistenly provides) will develop into superstar players, and since it's how many people actually take score, will likely be early commits.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Who is the best freshman in the country that is on VLC 2020.

I know they have a few good players who just started at PVI, but best freshman in the country?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
First of all - who determines who is THE BEST Freshman in the country? Second - the BEST Freshman is probably a double holdback.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Completely subjective as to who is the "best" in any class. But that kid clearly is on the list of the highest regarded in his class.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen the VLC 2020 team play several times this year and they don't have any kid that would come close to "the best 2020" in the country. I have seen plenty of other top 2020 from teams like FCA/NinetyOne/Looneys/Crabs/LIE who do have some of the top 2020's in the country. VLC is a good B team at best. If they did have the best kid he'd be playing for another club that would provide better exposure.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I've seen the VLC 2020 team play several times this year and they don't have any kid that would come close to "the best 2020" in the country. I have seen plenty of other top 2020 from teams like FCA/NinetyOne/Looneys/Crabs/LIE who do have some of the top 2020's in the country. VLC is a good B team at best. If they did have the best kid he'd be playing for another club that would provide better exposure.

Hi, Madlax Dad! Sorry BW 2020 took away all your best players!

Page 3 of 18 1 2 3 4 5 17 18

Link Copied to Clipboard