BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,814
Posts387,695
Members2,608
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 12 of 102 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 101 102
Re: Boys 2023 - 6th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
BM will be the 3rd coach there if he lasts and he only brought 2-3 kids, one of which is his kid........

After he gets fired from Tornados he'll be taking the Igloo coach's spot.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM will be the 3rd coach there if he lasts and he only brought 2-3 kids, one of which is his kid........

I don't know who this BM is but he must be really popular. It seems like he's the most talked about person in youth lax on LI. Is he that crazy or wronged so many people? I am officially curious

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I don't know who this BM is but he must be really popular. It seems like he's the most talked about person in youth lax on LI. Is he that crazy or wronged so many people? I am officially curious

He's one of the best and will be replacing Igloo next year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It's a balancing act. If coaching is good on the A/B team, then I would say go there to get the increased playing time. However, if the coaching is better on the A team and you have questions about the A/B team, then stay put.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That depends on the coach. Once you go to a B team coaching usually drops off. Also a lot of kids run from B teams so you end up with kids that still can't catch and throw good! That could frustrate your kid. See what the talent level is before you jump because your kid will get better by playing with the better kids in practice. 5 tournaments compared to 40 practices.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That depends on the coach. Once you go to a B team coaching usually drops off. Also a lot of kids run from B teams so you end up with kids that still can't catch and throw good! That could frustrate your kid. See what the talent level is before you jump because your kid will get better by playing with the better kids in practice. 5 tournaments compared to 40 practices.

If your kid never gets to hit the field and execute what he learned in practice, he will not get better. His enthusiasm as well as his IQ will suffer. There is a lot to be said for game play. And when time comes for recruiting and showcases he needs to be where he will stand out most. College coaches go to tournaments -- not practices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's true, and clubs don't matter once you hit high school. Your high school coach will be your sons advocate for the school he wants to go to. [/quote]

So wrong....good luck if that is your approach

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's true, and clubs don't matter once you hit high school. Your high school coach will be your sons advocate for the school he wants to go to.

So wrong....good luck if that is your approach[/quote]
Really..... Tell me how all of the top kids around the country (not LI or MD) get recruited.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's true, and clubs don't matter once you hit high school. Your high school coach will be your sons advocate for the school he wants to go to.

Really..... Tell me how all of the top kids around the country (not LI or MD) get recruited. [/quote]

High school coaches come and go -- one BOE meeting and they can be out. Also how many high schools have dedicated resources and funds for college recruiting - from showcases to highlight reels to simply keeping stats. Maybe a few select privates. The directors of the top Clubs have far deeper relationships with College coaches. They have been feeding colleges top talent in the regions for years.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really..... Tell me how all of the top kids around the country (not LI or MD) get recruited. [/quote]

Summer lacrosse my friend...club coaches do the majority of the work. I can't tell you how many people I know that thought their varsity coach would help and it did not go anywhere. I'm sure there are a few good ones out there but in today's environment its mainly done over the summer.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Really..... Tell me how all of the top kids around the country (not LI or MD) get recruited.

High school coaches come and go -- one BOE meeting and they can be out. Also how many high schools have dedicated resources and funds for college recruiting - from showcases to highlight reels to simply keeping stats. Maybe a few select privates. The directors of the top Clubs have far deeper relationships with College coaches. They have been feeding colleges top talent in the regions for years.[/quote]
There are no major top clubs in Ohio, California, Texas, etc. Kids are coming from all over the country in areas that lacrosse doesn't even reach the map. How are all of those players recruited without being on a top club, or any club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There are no major top clubs in Ohio, California, Texas, etc. Kids are coming from all over the country in areas that lacrosse doesn't even reach the map. How are all of those players recruited without being on a top club, or any club?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

High school coaches come and go -- one BOE meeting and they can be out. Also how many high schools have dedicated resources and funds for college recruiting - from showcases to highlight reels to simply keeping stats. Maybe a few select privates. The directors of the top Clubs have far deeper relationships with College coaches. They have been feeding colleges top talent in the regions for years.

There are no major top clubs in Ohio, California, Texas, etc. Kids are coming from all over the country in areas that lacrosse doesn't even reach the map. How are all of those players recruited without being on a top club, or any club? [/quote]

Incorrect. All of those States have big elite lacrosse clubs with focus (and success) in college recruiting. Texas Elite, Sentry, Mustangs, West Coast Starz ( who have beaten LI teams many times!) 3D. Lacrosse is barley on the map in Massachusetts and Laxachussetts has very impressive list of commits

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read Myles jones article on the players tribune site. He explains how he got recruited to duke. Not one word of club teams or the outlaws he played for. He credited trying out for the Empire State games, which was a function of high school. He also threw a mention to his PAL club for getting him interested in lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Read Myles jones article on the players tribune site. He explains how he got recruited to duke. Not one word of club teams or the outlaws he played for. He credited trying out for the Empire State games, which was a function of high school. He also threw a mention to his PAL club for getting him interested in lacrosse.

True. Most D1 player interviews about how they were recruited rarely acknowledge a club team, and most always talk about the influence of their head coach in High School.The best way to get recruited is Individual showcases and Prospect camps for the schools you want to go to.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If your kid is a freak athlete like Myles J that I'm sure it doesn't matter, for all the rest of the mortals, like I said good luck if you rely on your HS coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7/8 new kids. Some came from Badgers and others came because they knew he was coaching. 1st practice was pretty good from where I was standing. Extremely up tempo. Teams looks pretty good and there were 5 missing due to football. Time will tell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rob Pannell never played club lax. He only played at Smithtown West.5 foot 8, and 170 lbs. Very smart kid got him into Cornell, the list goes on.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Uh, pretty sure Pannell played Team LI...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rob Pannell never played club lax. He only played at Smithtown West.5 foot 8, and 170 lbs. Very smart kid got him into Cornell, the list goes on.

He only got into Cornell after a PG year at Deerfield. He was a Quinipiac commit before that. I think he even signed a NLI. He supposedly was 5'5" Soph yr of HS. Apples and Oranges. He is the ultimate late bloomer. He played for the Jesters too.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

7/8 new kids. Some came from Badgers and others came because they knew he was coaching. 1st practice was pretty good from where I was standing. Extremely up tempo. Teams looks pretty good and there were 5 missing due to football. Time will tell.

Let's be honest, shall we? I really don't understand guys that come on here and say their team is the best after a single practice. Wait till you play a tournament in the A division against the top 5 or 6 teams and then tell how good they are. BM is not the head coach. He's the assistant to the assistant. The kids who came to Tornados did so because they never saw the field on their previous teams. Maybe it was badgers, bandits, igloo, etc... But if they didn't play it means they were not good enough to be on those teams. Tornados will be better than last year, but no one came because of BM. Except his kid and his friends.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
outside of JS, BM is the best youth coach on Long Island.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Can he get my kid recruited?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's laughable. He was terrible, demoralizing and could not relate to young children. Yelling doesn't always work. Sometimes a coach needs to teach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not even by Chaminade.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Even though Pannell is not old, the landscape of club lacrosse and recruitment has changed dramatically in the last 6 years. There are now more clubs, more tournaments, more showcases. AD's and college coaches are not going to HS games to watch one player when they can go to a showcase and see 100. That's not my opinion, it's the way it works now. Football being the obvious exception.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zummo can

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's laughable. He was terrible, demoralizing and could not relate to young children. Yelling doesn't always work. Sometimes a coach needs to teach.

Terrible??? He developed one of the best teams in the grade. Stop being angry. He's a good coach. he's loud and does a great job instructing the kids. and btw get use to it, college coaches are going to baby your kid. Petro, Tierney, Corrigan all yell.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Based on all the movement to other clubs this year, who do you think improved or dropped in ranking?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No club coach "gets" any kid recruited. If your kid is good, college coaches will find him and the ONLY thing a club coach does is be the liaison between the player and college coach. This whole notion that Channy/Express gets kids recruited is such BS. He does nothing special and trust me,
If a player on BM's team is highly desirable,
Yes he can be the go-between and get him recruited. You people need to stop drinking the koolaide.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was a holdback too.

quote=Anonymous]

Even though Pannell is not old, the landscape of club lacrosse and recruitment has changed dramatically in the last 6 years. There are now more clubs, more tournaments, more showcases. AD's and college coaches are not going to HS games to watch one player when they can go to a showcase and see 100. That's not my opinion, it's the way it works now. Football being the obvious exception. [/quote]

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Zummo can

But only if he's on one of the Taz teams. Otherwise, you're [lacrosse] out of luck.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Terrible??? He developed one of the best teams in the grade. Stop being angry. He's a good coach. he's loud and does a great job instructing the kids. and btw get use to it, college coaches are going to baby your kid. Petro, Tierney, Corrigan all yell.

He didn't develop that team. He was handed the players, had two good seasons and then got shown the door because he was ruining the team. Call a spade a spade. 4 years ago all the Suffolk kids that could catch went to the Bandits and all the kids that could catch in Nassau went to Badgers. He had nothing to do with it. Anyone can coach the best kids.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was a holdback too.

quote=Anonymous]

Even though Pannell is not old, the landscape of club lacrosse and recruitment has changed dramatically in the last 6 years. There are now more clubs, more tournaments, more showcases. AD's and college coaches are not going to HS games to watch one player when they can go to a showcase and see 100. That's not my opinion, it's the way it works now. Football being the obvious exception.
[/quote]

That's what everyone wants you to believe.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didn't develop that team. He was handed the players, had two good seasons and then got shown the door because he was ruining the team. Call a spade a spade. 4 years ago all the Suffolk kids that could catch went to the Bandits and all the kids that could catch in Nassau went to Badgers. He had nothing to do with it. Anyone can coach the best kids

I hate when this one Dad keeps bashing the guy. Do not speak for the entire team because you're Not even close to being true. He recruited our 5 best players from the South Shore who were not coming if not for his contacting those parents. The big attackman was a family friend and wanted to play for him for years, he put our best middy on the team without a trying out because the kid has a broken collarbone ar that time,he found and developed our best goalie at the hub and convinced the Dad to bring him to pracfice.

His departure had to do with differences with AJ and the Express directors who should leave our team alone.

He developed our team. That's the spade you shoukd be calling.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didn't develop that team. He was handed the players, had two good seasons and then got shown the door because he was ruining the team. Call a spade a spade. 4 years ago all the Suffolk kids that could catch went to the Bandits and all the kids that could catch in Nassau went to Badgers. He had nothing to do with it. Anyone can coach the best kids.

anyone can coach the best kids?????

That shows how uneducated you are. That is 100% NOT TRUE!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM took group of second grade boys and developed them into great team, the same way that JS did with the Bandits. Both are top notch coaches. Let's see where the Tornados are at the end of the year. My guess is that they are top 5.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
BM took group of second grade boys and developed them into great team, the same way that JS did with the Bandits. Both are top notch coaches. Let's see where the Tornados are at the end of the year. My guess is that they are top 5.

Maybe if he was head coach. But he's 2nd assistant. He just needed to get his kid on a team and only wanted to coach him himself.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

He didn't develop that team. He was handed the players, had two good seasons and then got shown the door because he was ruining the team. Call a spade a spade. 4 years ago all the Suffolk kids that could catch went to the Bandits and all the kids that could catch in Nassau went to Badgers. He had nothing to do with it. Anyone can coach the best kids

I hate when this one Dad keeps bashing the guy. Do not speak for the entire team because you're Not even close to being true. He recruited our 5 best players from the South Shore who were not coming if not for his contacting those parents. The big attackman was a family friend and wanted to play for him for years, he put our best middy on the team without a trying out because the kid has a broken collarbone ar that time,he found and developed our best goalie at the hub and convinced the Dad to bring him to pracfice.

His departure had to do with differences with AJ and the Express directors who should leave our team alone.

He developed our team. That's the spade you shoukd be calling.

I'm really not sure which team you're talking about, but he didn't develop the Badgers. Clearly this is the egomaniac himself posting as a Badger parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe if he was head coach. But he's 2nd assistant. He just needed to get his kid on a team and only wanted to coach him himself.

He's calling the shots. Head coach. It was the only reason I was bringng my kid there.

Page 12 of 102 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 101 102

Link Copied to Clipboard