BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,610
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 30 of 144 1 2 28 29 30 31 32 143 144
Re: Long Island Express Lacrosse
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
2015 outlaws had 4 at Jake Reed

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How many 2015 kids did Outlaws or Jesters get into Jake Reed or Maverick last year? I can think of two.

Maybe a kid that can't crack express orange is a very good player but not good enough to get an invite to Jake Reed or Showtime? anybody that wanted to go to Jake Reed and did not get a direct invite had the opportunity to go to 3D in Fla and earn an invitation on the field, 1/2 of all of Jake Reed campers went this route so it didn't matter who they played for. there are 175 invites for showtime and it is a national event so how many invites can LI have 30? 40? if 25% come from LI, that would be about 44 kids> You have, Jester, Express, Ballers, 91, fl$ as well as a lot of kids playing town (WI, WM ect) so all I am saying is if a kid can't make Orange and can't make fl$ chances are that finding another club just to get invites may not be practical, also with invitations going out this week for showtime and end of month for Jake Reed changing clubs now will not even help for next summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How many 2015 kids did Outlaws or Jesters get into Jake Reed or Maverick last year? I can think of two.

And how many of the express kids on under armour team were gifted their spots by their express directors, who coincidentally were the under armour coaches?.....I can think of a lot more than two. The point is that these spots have a lot more to do with politics than people will admit, and many more talented players are ignored to make room for kids that are connected. Sonletsnnot pretend that the number of camp invites is an accurate measure of level of play of any specific club team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue has already made moves for kids..good things going on there.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Maybe a kid that can't crack express orange is a very good player but not good enough to get an invite to Jake Reed or Showtime? anybody that wanted to go to Jake Reed and did not get a direct invite had the opportunity to go to 3D in Fla and earn an invitation on the field, 1/2 of all of Jake Reed campers went this route so it didn't matter who they played for. there are 175 invites for showtime and it is a national event so how many invites can LI have 30? 40? if 25% come from LI, that would be about 44 kids> You have, Jester, Express, Ballers, 91, fl$ as well as a lot of kids playing town (WI, WM ect) so all I am saying is if a kid can't make Orange and can't make fl$ chances are that finding another club just to get invites may not be practical, also with invitations going out this week for showtime and end of month for Jake Reed changing clubs now will not even help for next summer.

Don't get crazy over Jake and Showtime. We know lots of families that have had their sons recruited by several top 20 schools that did not go to either camp. Its not the only game in town by any stretch and if you don't go its not the end of the world. There are tons of other great camps - school specific as well that are open to just about everybody. If your son does well at those venues he'll be recruited along with the rest of the "chosen". Besides, if your kid doesn't have the work ethic in the classroom, neither Jake now Showtime can make up for that. Trust me.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not making comments about Jake Reed or Maverick - just responding to a previous post who said "A LOT" of kids from Jesters and Outlaws make Jake Reed and Maverick. That simply isn't accurate. Both teams had very successful 2014 teams with lots of talented kids. The dropoff from those teams to younger teams is dramatic. It simply is a fact.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not making comments about Jake Reed or Maverick - just responding to a previous post who said "A LOT" of kids from Jesters and Outlaws make Jake Reed and Maverick. That simply isn't accurate. Both teams had very successful 2014 teams with lots of talented kids. The dropoff from those teams to younger teams is dramatic. It simply is a fact.

That maybe for the Jesters, but not Outlaws.

Outlaws 2016 is very very good, probably will be better than 2014. They also have a very good team at the 2017, 2018, and 2019 age levels. And like most people know, the outlaws teams develop over years and become very very talented. Outlaws are well respected by showtime, jake Reid and many other camps.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That maybe for the Jesters, but not Outlaws.

Outlaws 2016 is very very good, probably will be better than 2014. They also have a very good team at the 2017, 2018, and 2019 age levels. And like most people know, the outlaws teams develop over years and become very very talented. Outlaws are well respected by showtime, jake Reid and many other camps.

2017? Really??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are respected because they are a class organization. No doubt. But to say they get "A LOT" of kids into Maverick and Jake Reed is inaccurate.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue has already made moves for kids..good things going on there.

The work on the street is that they are taking kids from other organizations "b" teams and promising them they will play on the a team for them. A bunch of "b" players still makes them a "b" team no matter what TB calls them.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Outlaws are respected because they are a class organization. No doubt. But to say they get "A LOT" of kids into Maverick and Jake Reed is inaccurate.

My video of the 2016 coach doesn't reflect any class.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a little heavy handed and not entirely accurate. There are definately kids who play for the Express Blue that are getting invites to Jake Reed - becasue they are very good players. Sometimes not making Orange is either a numbers game, injury issue or a school game and not necessarily a talent thing. Some of those kids on the Blue could play for any other club if they tried out but they decide to stay with Express because it is generally a solid expreience and a nationally recognized program with the college coaches. Interesting fact, at least two 2015 kids who made the fl$ 2015 team this summer didn't even make the Express Blue - they were placed on the Express White and then decided to try out for fl$. You can read whatever you want into that about Express, fl$ or the process in general, which is hardly an exact science.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is a little heavy handed and not entirely accurate. There are definately kids who play for the Express Blue that are getting invites to Jake Reed - becasue they are very good players. Sometimes not making Orange is either a numbers game, injury issue or a school game and not necessarily a talent thing. Some of those kids on the Blue could play for any other club if they tried out but they decide to stay with Express because it is generally a solid expreience and a nationally recognized program with the college coaches. Interesting fact, at least two 2015 kids who made the fl$ 2015 team this summer didn't even make the Express Blue - they were placed on the Express White and then decided to try out for fl$. You can read whatever you want into that about Express, fl$ or the process in general, which is hardly an exact science.

And I think I remember hearing that Will Manny (Yes - the UMASS Will Manny) never made Express Orange.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What does that mean?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anybody see the 2 page Long Island Express advertisement in the latest edition of Inside Lacrosse? Any thoughts? 825 kids, wow.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot of 91 helmets at Express tryout tonight.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ahh, yes. They had heard how virtuous the organization has beecome.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not virtuous just better..and yes my son was part of the 91 organization...not a god experience

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a lot of helmets, period. about 140 kids - 45 defense alone - i think they could make 5 teams in the 2018 if all these kids stay and aren't just there for Orange or out

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess their 91 tryouts didn't go as well as planned....they have to find somewhere to play it may as well be the express..............I'm guessing that wasn't the point you were trying to make. Lol

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's the prediction on number of teams for Express for 2020?
St. A's coach has the Orange team locked in. Heard the 2020 Blue team last year wasn't much fun or worthwhile.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
my point is more than a few people had bad experiences with 91 last year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

a lot of helmets, period. about 140 kids - 45 defense alone - i think they could make 5 teams in the 2018 if all these kids stay and aren't just there for Orange or out

Express will probably make as many as possible (teams). Whether or not they line up good coaching, or ANY coaching is the issue to be weighed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Express will probably make as many as possible (teams). Whether or not they line up good coaching, or ANY coaching is the issue to be weighed.

they will always take the money!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anyone at the 2016 tryouts yesterday have an idea of how many teams they are planning for 2016?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Alot of kids...talent pool looked shallow
As long as people want to pay, there were enough for 4 or 5 teams of varying quality

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Give me a break ,post the video or shut up.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I guess their 91 tryouts didn't go as well as planned....they have to find somewhere to play it may as well be the express..............I'm guessing that wasn't the point you were trying to make. Lol

Exactly. Parents of "B" and "C" players who think their kids are superstars when they are not. Reality will come when their kids are not offered positions on the orange express teams.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of Outlaws kids at the 2020 tryouts this weekend. Also a lot of Express helmets. If all those kids come back they will have enough for 3 teams. Best of luck to all.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know when the 2016 invitations for 2013 express teams will go out?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
There were only 3 spots 2020 was looking to fill on the orange team. Curious to see what the roster would look like if no one was allowed to wear Express helmets or gear for the tryout

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We just got the e-mail for the Philly Showcase with the list of kids. My son on Express got invited along with a lot of other express kids. There also seemed to be a lot of Outlaws, but no 91 kids.

What's up with that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A lot of Outlaws kids at the 2020 tryouts this weekend. Also a lot of Express helmets. If all those kids come back they will have enough for 3 teams. Best of luck to all.

That is funny because last years Outlaws team was combined 2019/2020. With only 5 or 6 2020.

1 of them being the directors son.

So if there were a lot of kids with Outlaws Helmets I hope the director doesnt find out his 5th grade son was at another tryout!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does anyone know if Lynott will be coaching on the 2018 orange this year? He wasn't at the Express tryout and rumor has it that he isn't coaching this year.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I was at the Express evals this weekend too, saw a "few" Outlawas helmets (4 or 5). One kid looked real talented, fast middie. You cant go by this, older brother could have new helmet and younger brother wearing the old one. I wouldnt worry to much about this stuff, worry about all the express helmets. Cheers!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He was at the 2016 tryout.

Like Reply Quote
A