BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then please 'xplain to me Lucy. How do you know or remember the scores then? And, why?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
He didn't say anything about the clubs. He was just talking about YOU. Intense lax dad/mom.

You guys are funny. It must be so nice to pay $2000 to a club with no intention or desire to win. As long as the girls are having fun right? That's what is important and really is the true intention of club lacrosse. You call people intense for what reason? Because their kids are driven to succeed and improve and take pride and joy out of the fruits of their hard work? No one was on here pumping up their child or their club. The one post was in response to Integrity joining M&D and Heros as a top club at this age. You can sit on your high horse all you want and point fingers and criticize. There's a reason that the top clubs are the same every year and a big reason is that they do not have parents like you involved.

The comments are not directed at ILD's/M's kid. It's been my experience that the kids aren't as intense as the parents say they are. It's ILD and ILM that are the intense ones. So, the comments are toward them. Everyone likes to win but the difference comes when winning at all costs becomes the goal for ILD and M, and not developing a good/very good player who then learns to work hard on her own becomes secondary. Poor ILM's kid...she will be considered a failure (by ILM) if she doesn't get that full-ride to U of Md. Must be something in that Cape water?

It's been my experience that the really successful programs do in fact have girls that are self-motivated and intense about training and getting better. I don't think they look at it as win at all costs as you say. I also don't think that the majority of the girls have the intention of playing at MD. Many see it as an opportunity to attend whatever school they want academically and that lacrosse can open doors for them. You can label people intense all you want. I agree there are some crazies, but the majority of parents are doing what their kids want.

We are not talking about the "majority of the parents." We are talking about ILD. He's nuts. The majority of parents do not come onto this forum to chest-thump, recite scores, or to tell you how good their team is. In fact, the majority of parents are unaware of this board.

You are right, many parents are not ILD. But this guy is. Look out below, here come some game scores!!!

The game scores were in reference to someone claiming that Integrity was going to join the top teams. The person didn't even reference who their daughter played for just pointed out that the top teams had easily beaten Integrity this year. Not sure how you take that as chest thumping, but whatever. Seems to me you are pretty intense as you are on here posting multiple times a day.

Thanks ILD/M. Scoreboard!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Then please 'xplain to me Lucy. How do you know or remember the scores then? And, why?

Don't you know that Al Gore created this place where you can lookup scores? Who the [lacrosse] remembers scores of their own games, let alone those of other teams? Unless the poster is a former Integrity parent that was at all the games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you morons take your Integrity pissing match to the MD boards? We don't care.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the rest of the world gives a crap about whether the 2nd string YJ goalie is moving to TG or Liberty.....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Can you morons take your Integrity pissing match to the MD boards? We don't care.

ILD's Response: Hey, we beat all the Long Island teams this year. 14-4, 13-2, 16-1, 10-4 (20 minute game, that's the only reason it was close), 19-0, 18-3, and 12-1. It's a shame, we could really use some more competition. Our girls are bored. It's a shame that we are the only awesome team. Our girls work harder than everybody else though, so it figures. Gotta hand it to them, they really do outwork everybody else. I wish you all would work hard too. See ya at the fields!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Oh, I don't know about that. Nothing like watching a good cat fight every now and then. Hopefully out of this spat we will find out if Integrity will even have enough players to compete in the fall tournaments.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

ILD's Response: Hey, we beat all the Long Island teams this year. 14-4, 13-2, 16-1, 10-4 (20 minute game, that's the only reason it was close), 19-0, 18-3, and 12-1. It's a shame, we could really use some more competition. Our girls are bored. It's a shame that we are the only awesome team. Our girls work harder than everybody else though, so it figures. Gotta hand it to them, they really do outwork everybody else. I wish you all would work hard too. See ya at the fields!!!

What's so funny is that you're the only one worked up here. You seem the most intense lax dad on here these days.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't say anything about the clubs. He was just talking about YOU. Intense lax dad/mom.

You guys are funny. It must be so nice to pay $2000 to a club with no intention or desire to win. As long as the girls are having fun right? That's what is important and really is the true intention of club lacrosse. You call people intense for what reason? Because their kids are driven to succeed and improve and take pride and joy out of the fruits of their hard work? No one was on here pumping up their child or their club. The one post was in response to Integrity joining M&D and Heros as a top club at this age. You can sit on your high horse all you want and point fingers and criticize. There's a reason that the top clubs are the same every year and a big reason is that they do not have parents like you involved.

The comments are not directed at ILD's/M's kid. It's been my experience that the kids aren't as intense as the parents say they are. It's ILD and ILM that are the intense ones. So, the comments are toward them. Everyone likes to win but the difference comes when winning at all costs becomes the goal for ILD and M, and not developing a good/very good player who then learns to work hard on her own becomes secondary. Poor ILM's kid...she will be considered a failure (by ILM) if she doesn't get that full-ride to U of Md. Must be something in that Cape water?

It's been my experience that the really successful programs do in fact have girls that are self-motivated and intense about training and getting better. I don't think they look at it as win at all costs as you say. I also don't think that the majority of the girls have the intention of playing at MD. Many see it as an opportunity to attend whatever school they want academically and that lacrosse can open doors for them. You can label people intense all you want. I agree there are some crazies, but the majority of parents are doing what their kids want.

With UMD taking 10 new recruits tops it would appear that there would not be a spot for every Maryland kid on the roster, for that matter if you added Hopkins, Loyola, towson, umbc, etc there still wouldn't be enough spots, and those schools will cost 5X what UMD cost

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

What's so funny is that you're the only one worked up here. You seem the most intense lax dad on here these days.

There are many funny things about this thread. Probably the most funny is you looking up scores (or remembering them?) of 13 year old girl lacrosse games.

You need to get off the computer and get outside and monitor the bounce back. There is too much on the line to be wasting time with us haters ILD.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And the rest of the world gives a crap about whether the 2nd string YJ goalie is moving to TG or Liberty.....

It's the first string TG goalie moving to YJ, but if you don't care about Long Island lacrosse, don't read the "Northeast Lacrosse" forums - stay on your own.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's the first string TG goalie moving to YJ, but if you don't care about Long Island lacrosse, don't read the "Northeast Lacrosse" forums - stay on your own.

Considering MD owns LI at this age, we can post where we want.:)

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Considering MD owns LI at this age, we can post where we want.:)

Boom! Yes we do, and it sweet

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give YJ some credit , they had train wreck daddy coach for the summer . Obviously a big drop off from the summer before but if your coach is clueless , is a daddy coach homer , is too small to see over 12 y.o. And is only there to attempt to showcase his kid what did you expect. You parents let it happen so you can be on blue , you were too weak to stand up for what you deserve so you got what u deserve .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Give YJ some credit , they had train wreck daddy coach for the summer . Obviously a big drop off from the summer before but if your coach is clueless , is a daddy coach homer , is too small to see over 12 y.o. And is only there to attempt to showcase his kid what did you expect. You parents let it happen so you can be on blue , you were too weak to stand up for what you deserve so you got what u deserve .

I get that you are disappointed that things didn't work out the way you planned. Perhaps it's time to move along. Just for the record the coaching has been the same for the last few years. Some years have been more successful than others but we'll keep the coaches we have. Thanks for your concern and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I get that you are disappointed that things didn't work out the way you planned. Perhaps it's time to move along. Just for the record the coaching has been the same for the last few years. Some years have been more successful than others but we'll keep the coaches we have. Thanks for your concern and enjoy the upcoming weekend!

Sorry my mistake, I was under the impression that the actual head coach barely showed this past season . She actually knows the game well and is a nice person . Seemed like something was different from the summer prior . Can guarantee you the coaching will not be the same next summer CR is no fool and does not like losing . The good news is when she takes over she does not care about the friends and family plan so your starting line up will change .

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Sorry my mistake, I was under the impression that the actual head coach barely showed this past season . She actually knows the game well and is a nice person . Seemed like something was different from the summer prior . Can guarantee you the coaching will not be the same next summer CR is no fool and does not like losing . The good news is when she takes over she does not care about the friends and family plan so your starting line up will change .

The YJ team didn't really change last summer which was the problem. The MD teams got better and YJ was the same. Still one of the best teams at this grade. Sure they will come back strong this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

B parent wishful thinking! I would expect a few new outside girls for targeted positions and no change to coaching.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The YJ team didn't really change last summer which was the problem. The MD teams got better and YJ was the same. Still one of the best teams at this grade. Sure they will come back strong this year.

Win the draw and rule the world. Summer before last all the games with M&D were going back and forth with the wins, many to OT and 1 goal games. They all had even split of draw controls. Last year they won 90 percent of the draws. The one and only thing YJ needs to work on is draw control. Maybe spend a good amount of time with the draw girls and the girls on the circle to actually have a game plan. Offense, defense, goaltending are certainly not the issue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at size of stony Brook girls attack. 5' to 5'4". Get over yourself. Smaller girls on attack have advantages just like taller ones. Don't compare it to boys

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Win the draw and rule the world. Summer before last all the games with M&D were going back and forth with the wins, many to OT and 1 goal games. They all had even split of draw controls. Last year they won 90 percent of the draws. The one and only thing YJ needs to work on is draw control. Maybe spend a good amount of time with the draw girls and the girls on the circle to actually have a game plan. Offense, defense, goaltending are certainly not the issue.

Would be 99% sure CR has a solution coming and the circle won't be an issue. Add a few of the top B players and this team will be humming along nicely next summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ding ! Ding! Ding! ...... Give that man a prize ! Spot on assessment. In any game that draws were 50% YJ were either winning or tied. In games where they did not do well at the draw they did not have any thing left in the tank from constantly playing defense.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Look at size of stony Brook girls attack. 5' to 5'4". Get over yourself. Smaller girls on attack have advantages just like taller ones. Don't compare it to boys

Who said anything about size? Are we going to go there again??

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Would be 99% sure CR has a solution coming and the circle won't be an issue. Add a few of the top B players and this team will be humming along nicely next summer.

They will pull up one B team kid to keep dangling the carrot. Then the contract to bring in a group from TG will kick in . A couple of girls will get bumped down to B team and the roster will have 25+ players seen t happen before. Wouldn't want my daughter to be on the lower half of the roster...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe Elevates blue girls were at Liberty tryouts. All the girls seem extremely happy at elevate. I know we are.

Its VERY true. There were a lot of BLUE and RED Elevate kids at Liberty and TG tryouts from Elevate. The Elevate kids must be happy at their beach parties and pizza gatherings but parents are smartening up on where they are spending dollars! Its more than pizza and Elevate awards dinners. Would you rather be trained by the Liberty Director (a former D1 girls coach and a woman who takes her HS team to the top of LI every year) or Elevate for a guy who never played girls lax and coaches a low level HS team and his daughter who only has HS playing experience? Where would you want to spend your $s? Parents are waking up. Join the club.

We too left Elevate due the daughter director. When you compare the people running these programs and teaching my kid there is NO comparison. I would much rather have my kid at Liberty with a director who has a top resume in all of girls lacrosse rather than a girl who played HS lax on Long Island. Its an investment in my kid and I want somebody with real experience teaching her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is M&D 2021 so strong. Not sure if they lost a game this past summer. I'm assuming they will only get stronger?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks m&d parent.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why is M&D 2021 so strong. Not sure if they lost a game this past summer. I'm assuming they will only get stronger?

LOL. Can't make this stuff up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You left out Vandyke and Murphy who are like 6' and 5'7" respectively, lol.Good players come in all shapes and sizes but would not be surprised to see Mitchel and little Ohmiller 5'7" ish playing some attack this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

How do DI teams fill out their rosters when there are only 22 M&D Black kids each year? I mean if you gave each team 1 you would still be 80 short. The math does not add up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Thanks m&d parent.

No M&D parent said that. You guys know people stir up crap on here. Usually Heros parents.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted By: Anonymous

How do DI teams fill out their rosters when there are only 22 M&D Black kids each year? I mean if you gave each team 1 you would still be 80 short. The math does not add up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The epitome of classless ignorance. ^^^^^

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know their roster that well. I do know they coach to a system with quality coaches. When CR was pitching me about the program he said each team is taught early on to put in place two M&D offensive and defensive patterns, a ride and a clear. I do know they also picked off the top player from Redshirts before that program imploded and also their big, stud goalie came from MD United. They also picked up one of Skywalkers best players last year, but that was a bad fit for some reason. They stuck her on D and now that girl is back at SW. I am sure there are other tales on top talent joining as well. They are indeed a force to be reckoned with with evidently only a couple C changes from this Summer. It will be interesting to see if M&D parent confirms what I was told by CR.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They use filler. There are only so many girls that can go hard 5 days a week. The rest are filler.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't know their roster that well. I do know they coach to a system with quality coaches. When CR was pitching me about the program he said each team is taught early on to put in place two M&D offensive and defensive patterns, a ride and a clear. I do know they also picked off the top player from Redshirts before that program imploded and also their big, stud goalie came from MD United. They also picked up one of Skywalkers best players last year, but that was a bad fit for some reason. They stuck her on D and now that girl is back at SW. I am sure there are other tales on top talent joining as well. They are indeed a force to be reckoned with with evidently only a couple C changes from this Summer. It will be interesting to see if M&D parent confirms what I was told by CR.

Don't worry. "M&D parent" will arrive shortly to answer all your questions.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You mean M&D Goalie Parent. Wow, nothing like making it so obvious.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well....my gender fluid "boys" team can whip your M & D team every day of week. So there.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Just because it is getting old watching someone with an axe to grind with this coach I am compelled to respond. So we get YOU have a problem, was your kid sent away from team? kid rode the bench? whatever.... By large and far most everyone really likes the guy and very much appreciates the time and energy he puts into the team and is very comfortable with his coaching ability. We love our Summer coach and this guy fills in all rest of the gaps. His daughter is very good and would see the field no matter who is coaching. I am sure he recognizes you for what you are, but just so he can see the other side of what he does, I would like to take this opportunity and say thanks KC!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does this KC coach a high school team? What's this other posters problem?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well....my gender fluid "boys" team can whip your M & D team every day of week. So there.

Seriously, having been involved in a number of youth sports I have come to two conclusions:

1. Parents in general are huge pains in the ***
2. Nowhere are parents worse than in girls lacrosse.

Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard