BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,621
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 53 of 111 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 110 111
Re: CHAMINADE Lacrosse. Stories and news.
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
You don't get a degree for graduating from chaminade. It's a diploma.

since you are nit-picking, its Chaminade..not chaminade...

You want to capitalize, have at it, but I think the place doesn't rate capitalization. You chammy boys want to make everything bigger associated with the place, let's get it straight, its a high school. If you are still talking about that instead of your college degree then something is wrong.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
man, you are one angry guy...let it go already....think Festivus

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
what will happen when the HC of Chaminade leaves the school in 2 years. Do you think the new HC is going to care abt Channy and his crew...

I am sure Channy will appoint the next coach!! If it is not him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw I know you are a moron

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Throw I know you are a moron

"Throw I know you are a moron" ???

Is that English ?? What are you attempting to say?

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Too many of these 2020 incoming to Chammy or St Ants claiming they are "scholarshipped" to these schools. I have not heard of this for purposes of lacrosse. Top students do receive waivers based on tests or grades obtained as time goes on. The kids and parents are putting this statement out there of tuition free for lax. I cant imagine it to be true. Please confirm. Poor taste to be stating this on the parent and players part.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Call Chaminade and report the offenders. they would be anxious to protect their integrity and stifle bad info.

(516) 742 - 5555

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
ever think they may be top students as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have stated its for lax, at St Ants I have heard. This is inappropriate if true or just parent lies. Either way its wrong.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They have stated its for lax, at St Ants I have heard. This is inappropriate if true or just parent lies. Either way its wrong.

Agree, but who cares if some kid (or parent) runs their mouth pretending to be on scholarship when they aren't. Been around Chaminade for 25 years. Do athletes get a little nudge through admissions when their test scores are borderline? Yes. Are scholarships given? Yes, but only for academics. Those are the facts. Anybody saying they were given an athletic scholarship to attend Chaminade is not telling the truth.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Agree, but who cares if some kid (or parent) runs their mouth pretending to be on scholarship when they aren't. Been around Chaminade for 25 years. Do athletes get a little nudge through admissions when their test scores are borderline? Yes. Are scholarships given? Yes, but only for academics. Those are the facts. Anybody saying they were given an athletic scholarship to attend Chaminade is not telling the truth.

One more fact - How about another group of reclassed 2019's joining the ranks of this year's entering freshmen classes at these schools? Really something that chips away at the integrity of their programs. Too bad the schools are not above this!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That can't be going on at Chaminade. U must be speaking of StA

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That absolutely goes on at Chaminade. Athletic scholarship thing doesn't. That's St Ant's!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

it's a fact its going on at chaminade

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sports scholarships at Chaminade? Where are u getting your facts from?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sports scholarships at Chaminade. I'm sure there are great students that received a scholarship who also play lax.....

Chaminade will never take a kid who can't get through the academics rigors.....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If top end academic Division III colleges can give 'academic' scholarships to athletes, don't think it is beyond Chaminade to do it . . .

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Chammy and Channy.... sounds similar. I wonder if the same ongoings also happen.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
St ants do this ?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No sports scholarships at Chaminade. I'm sure there are great students that received a scholarship who also play lax.....

Chaminade will never take a kid who can't get through the academics rigors.....

That's because Chaminade doesn't make great students. They accept great students, that in turn, make the academic stats look good. These are kids that would be AP type kids if they stayed public. No ESL kids, no behavioral kids, no learning disabilities, no ADHD. They weed out anyone that brings down the numbers. Now, if they took average kids and turned them into great students, I'd be impressed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly statement, they are private, parents pay to send their kids, therefore the school can be selective, public must accept everyone who wants to go. Can't compare, cant be angry. That's the system, you don't like it....don't send your son.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One more fact - How about another group of reclassed 2019's joining the ranks of this year's entering freshmen classes at these schools? Really something that chips away at the integrity of their programs. Too bad the schools are not above this!

Reclassed 2019's? I thought only Maryland and Canadian kids are reclassed?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope. The holdback trend has moved to Long Island.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
cant believe a kid at chaminade reclassed to 2020 . he is a special player

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You say trend, come on now, I don't think it is as prevalent to call it a trend

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever consider that his parents might have done it for academic and/or social reasons?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Has he committed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A special player plays against kids a year younger.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Silly statement, they are private, parents pay to send their kids, therefore the school can be selective, public must accept everyone who wants to go. Can't compare, cant be angry. That's the system, you don't like it....don't send your son.

Not silly at all, in fact you just agreed with me. Yes they are selective. All kids were great students to begin with. They only selected top scorers. Chaminade doesn't "make kids great". The kids make Chaminade great. Not sure why you can't comprehend that. These same kids would be AP kids in their respective districts. Not comparing anything. Simply stating the school didn't make them great students, they already were to begin with. Chaminade does not take average student and make them better, the simply don't let them in. Not angry in the least. I think you're a bit defensive. n

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Chaminade kid should NOT be reclassifying for academic reasons by virtue of . . . you know . . . being a student at Chaminade!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Not for a second

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

You say trend, come on now, I don't think it is as prevalent to call it a trend

The trend is all over the lacrosse club scene. Especially in MD and MA. The other thing is parents just holding their kids back in kindergarten and then repeating 9th as they transfer to a private. This trend has been going on for a while and has started to become more prevalent on Long Island. Many so called elite players have been playing down for most of their playing days in club ball.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
is there a difference between a reclassified and a hold back? Chaminade has at least one hold back should have been class of 2016

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
is there a difference between a reclassified and a hold back? Chaminade has at least one hold back should have been class of 2016

semantics

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Lets do this comparison. You have states like MD where the kindergarten cutoff date is Sept. So now a Sept 2000 kid in NY would be a 2018 grad. In Maryland he or she is now going to start school next Sept so will be a 2019. Parents hold back and now is a 2020 graduate. Now this MD kid decides to go to a private after doing a 9th grade year in public school and will repeat that 9th grade year at private so is now a 2021 graduate of high school. Happens all the time.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by America's Game
Lets do this comparison. You have states like MD where the kindergarten cutoff date is Sept. So now a Sept 2000 kid in NY would be a 2018 grad. In Maryland he or she is now going to start school next Sept so will be a 2019. Parents hold back and now is a 2020 graduate. Now this MD kid decides to go to a private after doing a 9th grade year in public school and will repeat that 9th grade year at private so is now a 2021 graduate of high school. Happens all the time.

What I don;t get is that if a kid is a holdback AND reclassifies, before 10th grade, don't recruiters see through this and basically realize they are watching a 'high school' kid dominate middle schoolers??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Usually reclassified is when they change grades after starting school (the "re-" part) and hold backs are when they don't start kindergarten according to their age (hold back from starting school).

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
A Chaminade kid should NOT be reclassifying for academic reasons by virtue of . . . you know . . . being a student at Chaminade!!

exactly

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Ever consider that his parents might have done it for academic and/or social reasons?

not a chance 3 sport star qb in football , point guard in basketball was a top scorer on long island as a hold back 8th grader brother plays at a top d1 school

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
so to be clear. if you repeat a year when you enter say, Chaminade, its reclassification not hold back?

Like Reply Quote
Page 53 of 111 1 2 51 52 53 54 55 110 111
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard