BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,579
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Re: Complaint Department
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
i like sitting away from groups of parents so i dont have to listen to the BS .

you must be that one guy who hides by himself sitting in your chair yelling at your son and think you are the team yenta.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sounds like a smithtown thing !
Especially the dirtbag part.

quote=Anonymous]But there is always one D-Bag parent who the rookie parents who don't know all the facts flock to to hear them hold court on the state of everything, travel program, school team, booster club, college commits etc while the rest of us just roll our eyes [/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Since we are in the fall... Why are town football programs cheaper then town lacrosse programs when football gives you just as many games plus jerseys, helmets and pads while lacrosse gives you nothing? Not complaining about the price just wondering about the socioeconomics of these sports.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this is all good stuff keep it coming , the father with the pop belly with the lacrosse stick in hand practices and games that wouldn't able to run a mile under 9:00 or even cradle a ball. Funny stuff !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
casually wanders over behind college reps on sideline trying to read notes

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you must be that one guy who hides by himself sitting in your chair yelling at your son and think you are the team yenta.

actually i keep quiet let the boys play , coaches coach and refs ref

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

challenge

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Flock of yentas congregating and telling each other what they want to hear , but nobody else is listening including their kids coaches, whaa whaa whaa .

Sounds like a smithtown thing !
Especially the dirtbag part.

quote=Anonymous]But there is always one D-Bag parent who the rookie parents who don't know all the facts flock to to hear them hold court on the state of everything, travel program, school team, booster club, college commits etc while the rest of us just roll our eyes
[/quote]

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
No chair. He is the guy that paces back and forth in front of the attack area and "coaches" his son between mumbling to himself.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

challenge

believe what you want dont matter to me

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Man this is all good stuff keep it coming , the father with the pop belly with the lacrosse stick in hand practices and games that wouldn't able to run a mile under 9:00 or even cradle a ball. Funny stuff !!
I have a complaint, I don't have a pot belly and i still can't run a mile under 9:00!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I have a complaint, I don't have a pot belly and i still can't run a mile under 9:00!

I will just say that there seems to be a direct relationship between the size of a dad's belly and the amount of "coaching" he provides. It is always the guy with what looks like a beach ball under his shirt who leads the way yelling at games and providing all his in depth scoring to the other parents. Meanwhile Dad either (1) never played any competitive sport and almost definitely never played lacrosse; and (2) forget about 9:00 Mike, couldn't run to the comer without an oxygen tank. (And yet yells at his kid for not hustling on 90 degree day and the kid is on game #3)

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lol Funny I was gonna say 8:00 min mile but thru the 9 in there to be safe !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint: In every facet of travel acrosse (from tryouts to annual tuition) these clubs charge twice as much for boys as they do for girls. Same length of tryouts, same number of coaches, same number of tournaments, uniforms, etc. and yet you pay double if you have a boy.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Here is my complaint: In every facet of travel acrosse (from tryouts to annual tuition) these clubs charge twice as much for boys as they do for girls. Same length of tryouts, same number of coaches, same number of tournaments, uniforms, etc. and yet you pay double if you have a boy.

Not true. My 2022 daughter's fees are much more than my 2020 son's.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

In most cases girls pay much less than boys, why is that?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because people keep paying whatever fee is required. I'm sure as girls prices continue to rise, people will pay those too.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because people keep paying whatever fee is required. I'm sure as girls prices continue to rise, people will pay those too.

So,......Does that make us Sheep or Lemmings?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So,......Does that make us Sheep or Lemmings?

Depends on what you're after - if following the crowd because your kid likes to play, a sheep; if doing it as a financial investment hoping for the scholarship payoff, a lemming.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Because we morons keep paying it....It's simple economics. If people are willing to pay $2,500, why would a club only charge $1,000.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Let me ask this, if you are a coach of one of the big lacrosse clubs you get paid to coach? If you are one of the big lacrosse club coaches and your kid plays on the team, you get free tuition? Plus paid?

Like Reply Quote
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Let me ask this, if you are a coach of one of the big lacrosse clubs you get paid to coach? If you are one of the big lacrosse club coaches and your kid plays on the team, you get free tuition? Plus paid?

Probably but that's life.. Perks are just that! Hopefully you earn them.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

each club is different and each team is different - a parent coach that is not a HS coach and not bringing a lot of other kids to the team/program is probably getting just tuition and maybe travel expenses. A HS varsity coach with has a kid on the team and is a draw to the organization is probably getting paid in addition to free tuition, I am aware of both situations

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a big strong slightly held back kid that plays physical and aggressive and really likes to use intimidation to scare his opponent and then take advantage of that fear. My complaint is that the officials try to take that strength away from him by calling any hard slash or high checks to the head on him and it is getting frustrating watch. There really should not be a rule limiting kids from five steps for a hit. part of the game. The strong survive and the weak get broken. Looking forward to 4th grade lacrosse this year when they let them play a little...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA Now that's funny!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My son is a big strong slightly held back kid that plays physical and aggressive and really likes to use intimidation to scare his opponent and then take advantage of that fear. My complaint is that the officials try to take that strength away from him by calling any hard slash or high checks to the head on him and it is getting frustrating watch. There really should not be a rule limiting kids from five steps for a hit. part of the game. The strong survive and the weak get broken. Looking forward to 4th grade lacrosse this year when they let them play a little...

Sarcasm, I hope.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You're getting frustrated because the refs are calling admitted penalties against your son??! I think your problem might be you!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't believe what I just read.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

LMAO...Slightly Held back that's great!!!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I can't believe what I just read.

snap out of it, snapper head....called tongue- in- cheek you freakin' dolt

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
how does your husband feel?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just the big clubs, that's standard policy for most. Pay is roughly $5,000 (+/- depending on club) plus free tuition for your child. Not really staggering numbers either way. At least that way clubs can select coaches from a field of qualified candidates. If they're not paid, you may end up with a guy with limited knowledge who just wants to coach the team so his kid plays free and high minutes. Obviously, there are teams who's description fits the latter. If that's the situation you're in, run!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not just the big clubs, that's standard policy for most. Pay is roughly $5,000 (+/- depending on club) plus free tuition for your child. Not really staggering numbers either way. At least that way clubs can select coaches from a field of qualified candidates. If they're not paid, you may end up with a guy with limited knowledge who just wants to coach the team so his kid plays free and high minutes. Obviously, there are teams who's description fits the latter. If that's the situation you're in, run!

Are you saying that paying the coach (with free tuition) guarantees that the coach is qualified, while giving tuition only would attract more candidates, but they might not be qualified? Hope I'm missing something because that makes absolutely no sense.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
HAHAH. Yes I was joking about "my son". Some of you really thought that was real...pls. Get a grip.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like this board for humor, its a great outlet. I wrote last year about the tauntauns as well...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I like this board for humor, its a great outlet. I wrote last year about the tauntauns as well...

I'm a big fan of the Complaint Department thread. In a perfect world, BOTC would have a thread dedicated to sarcasm & overreactions.....but that would pull the entire site into one thread!!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
If anyone thought that was a real post, you seriously need to take a timeout and smell the flowers in the summer and have a cold one.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love BOTC hahahaha

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They discriminate against him just because he is old enough to drive to the 4th grade games and his coach pays a bounty.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They discriminate against him just because he is old enough to drive to the 4th grade games and his coach pays a bounty.

The kid needs the bounty money to buy razor blades...

Like Reply Quote
Page 16 of 17 1 2 14 15 16 17
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard