BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 20 of 97 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 96 97
Re: Westchester NY Youth Lacrosse
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Primetime john jay way is great for recruiting, but horrible for the town- they have always focused on the top 5 kids in each grade and not on building the foundation of the youth program. at the younger ages in john jay- only a small fraction of kids play travel at any level. and rest do whatever. this is often a problem when travel and town are somewhat connected. kids that are not capable of playing travel will fall behind and quit at a young age, other towns are doing it smarter at the younger ages and keeping kids playing together - when a childs only instructional option outside the town season is Primetime, it makes it harder to build that foundation

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid needs to put on some size in order to compete. He's already re-classed but he needs a bit more help. Any of these teams have a doctor on staff to administer human growth hormone?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
DO KIDS JUST SAY - IM GONNA do a pg year and then play a year down ?
Usually a PG year is someone repeating senior year at a Prep School whereas reclassifying usually happens in 8th/9th grade when first enrolling at a Prep High School. Because lacrosse is grade based and not age based it will always look like playing down....

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
My kid needs to put on some size in order to compete. He's already re-classed but he needs a bit more help. Any of these teams have a doctor on staff to administer human growth hormone?
Might have to travel to Baltimore and join the Crabs Travel program...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
the Primetime john jay way is great for recruiting, but horrible for the town- they have always focused on the top 5 kids in each grade and not on building the foundation of the youth program. at the younger ages in john jay- only a small fraction of kids play travel at any level. and rest do whatever. this is often a problem when travel and town are somewhat connected. kids that are not capable of playing travel will fall behind and quit at a young age, other towns are doing it smarter at the younger ages and keeping kids playing together - when a childs only instructional option outside the town season is Primetime, it makes it harder to build that foundation
Which is a shame because the Bocklet's helped build that original foundation idea you mention, but has since disappeared.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Another stupid, uniformed post. Primetime and John Jay are not connected. Primetime is a business run by a former John Jay player and they take the best players, does not matter if you play for John Jay. I'm guessing your kid was cut by them....there are so many options for kids of all ages; Superstar, American Lax Academy, House of Sports, Team 91, Express North, Warriors, Brewster Sports Center, Danbury Sports...and the list goes on.
Quote " when a childs only instructional option outside the town season is Primetime, it makes it harder to build that foundation"
Well if that is the case it is a lazy parents fault, I just listed all of the above options and I'm sure I forgot some.
Another post from a C level parent that is bitter towards the world because his kid can't make an A team or a team like Primetime or Express.....May be time to move on to Choir or some non-athletic activity or just suck it up and play at the B/C level where your kid belongs.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Bladerunner
Another stupid, uniformed post. Primetime and John Jay are not connected. Primetime is a business run by a former John Jay player and they take the best players, does not matter if you play for John Jay. I'm guessing your kid was cut by them....there are so many options for kids of all ages; Superstar, American Lax Academy, House of Sports, Team 91, Express North, Warriors, Brewster Sports Center, Danbury Sports...and the list goes on.
Quote " when a childs only instructional option outside the town season is Primetime, it makes it harder to build that foundation"
Well if that is the case it is a lazy parents fault, I just listed all of the above options and I'm sure I forgot some.
Another post from a C level parent that is bitter towards the world because his kid can't make an A team or a team like Primetime or Express.....May be time to move on to Choir or some non-athletic activity or just suck it up and play at the B/C level where your kid belongs.

Man that is angry. I'm not the one that made the post you are criticizing but I'm thinking you need some medication. I didn't think the JJ post was as critical as you read it but even if it is I think you are a bit too caught up in your own son's lacrosse prowess. If you have a son that is an A,B or C player and think that alone is going to define where they end up in life, I just feel bad for you. Most of the kids accepted to Princeton will not be athletes.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lots of people on this board criticizing programs, they need to look in the mirror. Go out and practice, stop blaming others for your shortcomings

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Says the dad from "Lower Westchester" that has a hold back on the team. Although he may be half right, the turnaround could be attributed to coaching changes not club strategies.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I guess if you were a bit more informed, you would have added, "run by a former John Jay player AND current JJ Varsity assistant coach". But that's ok you still get my vote for Lacrosse Dad of the Year vs the rest of the lazy B & C parents that must be out there. Btw. my original post was just an appreciation for the job the Yorktown Ballers do with all level of players.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that makes a lot of sense....the top youth kids don't even play for the ballers and in HS the kids have basically been forced to play for them by Marr...but that's ok right?? No conflict there!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that North 2022 team imploded over the summer? Played in B and then moved to A and got crushed so they brought in some ringers from LI to win games with 30 kids on team? Heard a bunch of kids never saw the field.....CS just trying to win games to make program look good and forcing coach to sit kids?? If true sounds terrible but somewhat expected

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that story is 10000000% accurate about north22 - 1/2 the team or more went to the warriors

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid and uninformed? your on crack, lets look at the facts here - yes Prime time and John Jay youth are separate organizations. one is for profit, one is not- however they are essentially run by the same people, Daniello, Lupinacci , macmahon. all of the paid pt coaches are also the same ones coaching youth . my point regarding john jay youth is very simple- when a child is forced to seek additional instruction, he or she must pay a travel organization to get that instruction. that price is often a premium. other towns are offering additional training for a reasonable price which naturally attracts more kids given the nature of a multi sport athlete that plays more than one sport . john jay should be offering winter training, fogo, goaltending and they don't. if you want to build an empire, you need to have as many kids playing as possible for a reasonable price. it is that simple, other towns are doing it, jjyl is not . look at towns like Yorktown, garden city, Manhasset, they all try and keep the kids from the town playing together

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
sounds like you have the wrong club

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
stupid and uninformed? your on crack, lets look at the facts here - yes Prime time and John Jay youth are separate organizations. one is for profit, one is not- however they are essentially run by the same people, Daniello, Lupinacci , macmahon. all of the paid pt coaches are also the same ones coaching youth . my point regarding john jay youth is very simple- when a child is forced to seek additional instruction, he or she must pay a travel organization to get that instruction. that price is often a premium. other towns are offering additional training for a reasonable price which naturally attracts more kids given the nature of a multi sport athlete that plays more than one sport . john jay should be offering winter training, fogo, goaltending and they don't. if you want to build an empire, you need to have as many kids playing as possible for a reasonable price. it is that simple, other towns are doing it, jjyl is not . look at towns like Yorktown, garden city, Manhasset, they all try and keep the kids from the town playing together

My kid plays for the JJ youth program and your facts are simply wrong. As far as I know Lupinacci and macmahon don't run primtime only Daniello does so thats simply incorrect. And my kid did attend fogo training by JJ, they brought the lizards guy in to teach and it helped tremendously. I also understand they hold goalie training with one of the varsity coaches every week, I also just signed my kid up for the JJ fall clinics run by the varsity guys. Winter is run by parents at Brewster. There are many, many options for the kids, my kid also goes to Colsey's program every week to workk on box skills. Your facts are just flat out wrong, sounds like a disgruntled parent or former coach that was replaced by a superior paid coach.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that story is 10000000% accurate about north22 - 1/2 the team or more went to the warriors

Maybe that is the right place....stepping down from a B program to a C at best program would be a good choice for those kids that are still developmental. I was at warriors tryouts, they are getting all the kids that can't make the other programs. Hopefully NS and VS can find some C level tournaments to go win and brag about it on social media!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's funny - no one I know got special goalie training this year or fogo training from the beast and lupinacci is co director of primetime, also sits on the board of jjyl and gets paid to schedule - and jjyl is extremely expensive relative to it s peers so obviously you haven't stopped drinking the cool aid - does every grade get the Brewster winter option?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE SAVASTANO BROTHERS ARE very well respected , this is their first year , it will a good program and will thrive as it becomes more established, they got a late start and still managed to put it together - don't be so negative

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
that's funny - no one I know got special goalie training this year or fogo training from the beast and lupinacci is co director of primetime, also sits on the board of jjyl and gets paid to schedule - and jjyl is extremely expensive relative to it s peers so obviously you haven't stopped drinking the cool aid - does every grade get the Brewster winter option?

I heard they are expensive because they have all paid coaches now, no more Dad's which I wish they would do in our town where Johnny's Dad has the team feed him the ball for goals!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't they coach for express north this past summer?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor that North 2022 team imploded over the summer? Played in B and then moved to A and got crushed so they brought in some ringers from LI to win games with 30 kids on team? Heard a bunch of kids never saw the field.....CS just trying to win games to make program look good and forcing coach to sit kids?? If true sounds terrible but somewhat expected

May or may not be true but would be out of character with the older North teams who are some of the leanest club teams around - run with 20 kids tops

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
paid coaches is great at the older ages, but you do tend to lose the ability for that one dad or dads to keep the kiods playing together before or after the season when that paid coach, goes about his business

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well that makes a lot of sense....the top youth kids don't even play for the ballers and in HS the kids have basically been forced to play for them by Marr...but that's ok right?? No conflict there!
While you're absolutely right about a conflict of interest, that does seem to run prevalent in the lacrosse world with HS coaches running programs or coaching summer teams. Colsey/Ridgefield/Superstars Bruce/Brunswick/Two-Way Daniello/Prime-Time/JJ etc. I'd be curious to the Yorktown player and parent point of view. I just see the results of a winning (dominant?) high school program where the kids are playing the best teams on LI and Jersey while advancing to state play-off games and the top players seem to be (some early) committed to top colleges. Again, my first post had more to do with how programs (high school/summer) incorporate or improve that mid-level player...

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
THE SAVASTANO BROTHERS ARE very well respected , this is their first year , it will a good program and will thrive as it becomes more established, they got a late start and still managed to put it together - don't be so negative
Agree !!

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
paid coaches is great at the older ages, but you do tend to lose the ability for that one dad or dads to keep the kiods playing together before or after the season when that paid coach, goes about his business

How do you lose that ability? Why can't that one dad or dad's pull together the kids and go practice on a field or schedule a scrimmage with someone? It's all about stepping up, a lot of talk no action from most people.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Because coaches don't want dad's involved. They want control of the message.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes no sense, you just said paid coaches move on. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
While you're absolutely right about a conflict of interest, that does seem to run prevalent in the lacrosse world with HS coaches running programs or coaching summer teams. Colsey/Ridgefield/Superstars Bruce/Brunswick/Two-Way Daniello/Prime-Time/JJ etc. I'd be curious to the Yorktown player and parent point of view. I just see the results of a winning (dominant?) high school program where the kids are playing the best teams on LI and Jersey while advancing to state play-off games and the top players seem to be (some early) committed to top colleges. Again, my first post had more to do with how programs (high school/summer) incorporate or improve that mid-level player...

be careful what you wish for, is the grass greener because it is watered and cared for, or they just use different manure.

Those Li and Nj program you talk about have there issues and distractions as well

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
IF YOUR GOAL IS TO PLAY college lacrosse at any level- it is no surprise that primetime, express north are geared toward that level of exposure , tristate, warriors, and town affiliated type programs can do the trick, but are not geared towards the best 10 players , in front of the best college s at the best tourneys etc. for now that is the way it is, although that is rapidly changing with the growth of new teams
You're absolutely right when it comes to Prime Time and Express. But it's also interesting to see how well Yorktown Ballers are placing their top players, while integrating mid level players which enables the High School to maintain it's dominance in Westchester. An interesting analysis I heard in the spring from a HS coach when Fox Lane was upset by Mahopac 2 years in a row, and John Jay not really competitive with Yorktown in recent years is part of the Prime Time Effect. (High Scoring Top recruits who are unable to play the team game when it matters most.) That being said , Prime Time does work really hard to get their players recruited which I guess in the end matters the most.

Yorktown 2019 recently committed to Richmond. Looks like Marr and company are doing something right in Ytown.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Marr is a great coach, I don't believe he is involved in the administration of Ballers program. Its not right to smear his name on this board.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Makes no sense, you just said paid coaches move on. Get a life.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yorktown 2019 recently committed to Richmond. Looks like Marr and company are doing something right in Ytown.

Not bad for a suspended coach!! Nice to see he is still working hard getting his players recruited no??

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Not bad for a suspended coach!! Nice to see he is still working hard getting his players recruited no??

You got me hook line and sinker

Who takes credit for that, HS or club? Just like North Rockland Kid earlier this year, HS or Club?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The one's that left were not very good, will not be missed.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

although I'm guessing LI Express would like to take the credit for this

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Kids getting recruited isn't a singular transaction, its a long process of teaching and coaching.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the Yorktown 2019 plays for Express North, as do several others

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You got me hook line and sinker

Who takes credit for that, HS or club? Just like North Rockland Kid earlier this year, HS or Club?

Who gets credit? The player for working hard, parents for their DNA and dedicating time to the player, coaches starting in youth program (Yorktown may be the best around), club coaches and HS coaches. I think each experience is different. Did the player go to a showcase? How did he get invited? Was he seen at the showcase? etc. But, I'm sure the clubs will gladly take the credit.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Pretty sure the Yorktown 2019 plays for Express North, as do several others

A father's dream fulfilled.

Like Reply Quote
Page 20 of 97 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 96 97
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard