BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 77 78
Re: Boys 2022- 7th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

Sour grapes. First class organization.

First class organization? They don't even have the decency to call repeat players that didn't make the team again and tell them they didn't make it Bs first class organization- more like disgusting moneymaker

Wouldn't have gone back if they paid ? That's exactly what you asked for. Lol. And we are supposed to believe you son got a "great scholarship" and you are here in the 2022 thread mouthing off about it?? Kids get cut from programs for two reasons.

1. Ability
2.parents

If any of your story is credible , I would say your problem was number 2 based on what I have read so far.

Ok fl$ Dad or director, take it easy. fl$ has a well documented track record on this site of playing politics and games with their tryouts. Post is 100% true. The veracity with which you seek to discredit it, only bolsters it's truthfulness. Good Luck to you. fl$ in our distant rear view mirror. Hopefully, another young man and his parents can learn from our experience. Ughhhh, by the way, we asked for the free tuition just to get under their skin, like I've successfully done to you. A small payback for the way the treated rmy son. But I'm sure you saw that? Right Dopey? Lol

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Winkoff is a crook just like the others. He'll take your tryout money but make a deal with certain towns and cut kids who have been on the team.

Sour grapes. First class organization.

First class organization? They don't even have the decency to call repeat players that didn't make the team again and tell them they didn't make it Bs first class organization- more like disgusting moneymaker

Wouldn't have gone back if they paid ? That's exactly what you asked for. Lol. And we are supposed to believe you son got a "great scholarship" and you are here in the 2022 thread mouthing off about it?? Kids get cut from programs for two reasons.

1. Ability
2.parents

If any of your story is credible , I would say your problem was number 2 based on what I have read so far.

Ok fl$ Dad or director, take it easy. fl$ has a well documented track record on this site of playing politics and games with their tryouts. Post is 100% true. The veracity with which you seek to discredit it, only bolsters it's truthfulness. Good Luck to you. fl$ in our distant rear view mirror. Hopefully, another young man and his parents can learn from our experience. Ughhhh, by the way, we asked for the free tuition just to get under their skin, like I've successfully done to you. A small payback for the way the treated rmy son. But I'm sure you saw that? Right Dopey? Lol

So your saying your kid is in college, this is in your rear view mirror and you are on 2022 daily spouting off ? Can't all be true ! And I am a Dad , who is very happy with program with all 3 of my sons. Name calling is classy. That type of behavior was more likely your problem.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
We had a fine season w fl$ a few years ago. Respected their philosophy for the younger guys (skills vs winning). Practices / communications weren't great, Lost all respect for Mike W when our son decided to move on. He was nasty and condescending. It validated our son's decision for us.

That's a common theme when dealing with Mike. The rest of the management of that organization is much better, but Mike ruins it.

My son has got a great deal better playing under Mike's system. Mike is a stand up guy and man of his word. Probably the most organized program on LI. Very active program, year round. They play everybody, not just the chosen 10 or 12.

Keep drinking that Kool Aid pal. Spent several years there and moved on. Wankoff is a petty little man. A handful of good coaches there (i.e. Dunne) but Wank himself is a disaster on the sideline. If you enjoy spending your summer with a bunch of incredibly annoying and pretentious Manhasset, CSH and GC parents, you will fit right in at For the Love of Wank.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

Where would you put Express and Blue Fish in that order?

Blue fish 4. Express is in a different league

Depends on which express team you are talking about. Their 1st team is in a different league but the 2nd team is right in the mix with Hitmen based on last year. I don't think anyone really knows what their 2nd team is going to be this year. It depends on who is willing to pay top dollar for a 2nd team they can be very good but I think most people will not accept and pay $$$ for a 2nd team. They will find a cheaper alternative which has the A team attached to it even though it's really a B team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

If you’re talking about competition wise it would be:
1)Hitmen
2)Express B
3)Recon
4)True Blue
Don’t know anything about Bluefish to new..

Hitmen is also a good well run organization
with some very good talent my son has played with them for the past two years and I will tell you the only teams we should lose two this year are the big 3(Igloo, Express & 91)

Don’t waste your time with True Blue I've heard nothing but bad reviews about the directors..My son made the better team last year run by SB and I have friends that played on the second team..They give a great speech at tryouts and will tell you what you want to hear but way over promise and way under deliver
in my opion it sounds like they are all about the money ( which is fine but dont tell parents your only in it for the kids and that you dont make any money off this..haha!)

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I admire the optimism but outlaws are not in the same conversation as express , 91 or Igloo. At least not yet. Good luck though. Parity is good for everyone.

Same crap different year.. probably the same guy spewing this against the outlaws. He doesn't give up.

Not in the same conversation? Yes Express beat the outlaws every time they played but NEVER was it a blowout. They beat United and lost to Smash by a couple of goals and didn't play Igloo A but beat the other Igloo team thoroughly like they should have. It's time to stop bashing a team because your son didn't make it. The bottom line is that the Outlaws play EVERYBODY and can compete with anybody. They are not a B team. Put them against any of these other programs like legacy, team li, empire, hitmen, etc. and they will destroy them so please don't tell us they are not in the same conversation.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
any invites go out for Igloo yet?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Some calls went out today.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I admire the optimism but outlaws are not in the same conversation as express , 91 or Igloo. At least not yet. Good luck though. Parity is good for everyone.

Same crap different year.. probably the same guy spewing this against the outlaws. He doesn't give up.

Not in the same conversation? Yes Express beat the outlaws every time they played but NEVER was it a blowout. They beat United and lost to Smash by a couple of goals and didn't play Igloo A but beat the other Igloo team thoroughly like they should have. It's time to stop bashing a team because your son didn't make it. The bottom line is that the Outlaws play EVERYBODY and can compete with anybody. They are not a B team. Put them against any of these other programs like legacy, team li, empire, hitmen, etc. and they will destroy them so please don't tell us they are not in the same conversation.

So you are saying good B team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

Depends on which express team you are talking about. Their 1st team is in a different league but the 2nd team is right in the mix with Hitmen based on last year. I don't think anyone really knows what their 2nd team is going to be this year. It depends on who is willing to pay top dollar for a 2nd team they can be very good but I think most people will not accept and pay $$$ for a 2nd team. They will find a cheaper alternative which has the A team attached to it even though it's really a B team

Which makes zero sense. In my opinion, you should place your son on the best team he can make, with committed coaches. That can be A, B, or C. And if convenience is a factor, you should maybe reconsider. Obviously cost is a big factor, but research the your son's options, call the director, call people on the team, wtc.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]I admire the optimism but outlaws are not in the same conversation as express , 91 or Igloo. At least not yet. Good luck though. Parity is good for everyone.

So you are saying good B team?

You never give up do you? Can't we all just get along!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why are you worried about a club team that lost to GC ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Didn't team Li beat outlaws? Just sayin...to which the outlaws dad will respond...but then outlaws destroyed them in the finals

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Stop pounding your GC chest
most of that team played for Igloo when they were little, and could play for most clubs right now

Bottom line, GC has a huge pool of kids that play lax...
they coach them up right and they play well together.

No need to put down Igloo or any other club.
Be proud; not pompous.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

most of that team played for Igloo when they were little, and could play for most clubs right now

Be proud; not pompous.

Highly doubt the previous comment came from anyone from GC. Igloo is a class organization that has strings ties back to GC.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
And same crap he says about Express. Go away you troll.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Be proud; not pompous.

Highly doubt the previous comment came from anyone from GC. Igloo is a class organization that has strings ties back to GC.

Agreed. That post did not come from GC parent. GC is a class team. Great kids and parents; and yes, a large number of them were on the original Igloo team. GC is good; very good. It was a great win for them, and most of the Igloo parents were upset that Igloo lost (obviously), but enjoyed an exciting game of lax. With that said, igloo is better than GC. Igloo played a horrible game and it still came down to a braveheart. If they play 5 times, igloo wins 4. But on that day, GC won and they deserved it. Again, very good team and a class act.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

Based on last year, yes.team totally different this year. Will be much stronger than Hitmen. Players from A last year moving to second team. Too many on A last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
we just got an acceptance letter from true Blue which is weird because our boy didn't try out for true blue.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Obviously a clerical error.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express really take 30 kids per team? That's a huge roster!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

1)Hitmen
2)Express B
3)Recon
4)True Blue

with some very good talent my son has played with them for the past two years and I will tell you the only teams we should lose two this year are the big 3(Igloo, Express & 91)

Don’t waste your time with True Blue I've heard nothing but bad reviews about the directors..My son made the better team last year run by SB and I have friends that played on the second team..They give a great speech at tryouts and will tell you what you want to hear but way over promise and way under deliver
in my opion it sounds like they are all about the money ( which is fine but dont tell parents your only in it for the kids and that you dont make any money off this..haha!)

You are basing that on last year. Express has a completely different team

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Does Express really take 30 kids per team? That's a huge roster!

Call and ask.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
True Blue oh Geez deez nuts! Another Byer Be Ware. Promises coaching will be Adelphi Coaches and what do you know, they are NOT. They lost to Hitmen and at best are C+.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

1)Hitmen
2)Express B
3)Recon
4)True Blue

Keep drinking that Express kool-aid..I've heard the same thing for the past three years..hopefully you'll be a good solid B+ team and the boys have fun..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is also a WSOL (World Series of Lacrosse) year so teams will consolidate talent on their A teams.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This is also a WSOL (World Series of Lacrosse) year so teams will consolidate talent on their A teams.

i think this why smash and united combined to from a super team. I think the organization had a tough time not making the final's this year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

1)Hitmen
2)Express B
3)Recon
4)True Blue

Keep drinking that Express kool-aid..I've heard the same thing for the past three years..hopefully you'll be a good solid B+ team and the boys have fun..

new coaches and many solid kids from other express team as well as other programs. we will have fun and will be competitive. wish the same for you too. what flavor is your Kool-Aid over there at 90 plus 1 and or igloo.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1- Hitmen
2- True Blue
3- Recon

1)Hitmen
2)Express B
3)Recon
4)True Blue

That's the goal.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super team? Wasn't smash a super team too? How'd that work out. Express still team to beat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Have all igloo 2022 A and B calls went out?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
By Thursday.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Why does everyone on here hate True Blue? My son played last year and I was very happy, great parents great kids. My son is not an elite player but found a home at TB.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Super team? Wasn't smash a super team too? How'd that work out. Express still team to beat.

Didn't Express and 32 merge this year to form a super team? my prediction is that the Smash/United super team will beat the Express/32 Super team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Didn't Express and 32 merge this year to form a super team? my prediction is that the Smash/United super team will beat the Express/32 Super team.

Thanks for your prediction Smash/United dad

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

just like you predicted United would be the team to beat last year.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

the smash and united coaches deserve each other. both lost their minds last year when they were losing. the behavior trickled down to the teams. they better win. wouldn't want to see that meltdown.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
good luck with that 91

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WSYL changed age cutoff, so very few MD teams will attend - the only possible challenge. Whatever LI teams decide to go will take the crown (again). It's a long way to go to play your neighbors.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So you have inside information that no Md teams will attend ? Maybe they should send age appropriate kids like the rest of the teams. You sound bitter that your sons team will not be going. As if going to Fla for a camp in January for a 7th grader is better ?? Oh I forgot , he's gonna get recruited.

Page 5 of 78 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 77 78

Link Copied to Clipboard