BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 44 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Same thing at YJ if it makes you feel any better!

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
1. Poor coaching, both in practice and in games. Coaches hung over, not showing for practices, college girl drama interfering with their coaching relationship. This team is going to have a new set of coaches for the fourth time. BS comes over half way through games and reshuffles everything game time, starts barking orders even though
He has spent little time with the team.
2. The program is essentially a 3 month program and
Everyone scatters. Girls can't build continuity,
3. No development model, no plan for the girls. Camps and practices are haphazard and are redundant.
4. Lax IQ is not stressed, the girls
Don't learn the game. They only learn skills. This is a big reason why they can't compete.

Sounds like your daughter rode the pine and you're bitter! What your saying happens at other clubs as well including the YJ

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amazing part is even with all these issues they still managed to consistently beat All Long Island teams except Liberty ...( yellow jackets in a completely different league ) Liberty games are always one goal games not because of talent but because of quality coaching by Liberty ...and next year they will still compete with all including Liberty after the top purple girls move up ...there is always a big gap between top 30 or so in an age group from Long Island and then a lot of evenly skilled players ...it will be interesting to see next seasons results between Liberty top guns elevate leg a sea and express ...I'm assuming all will be close with Liberty leading the way..and express and leg a sea seeing the most improvement ..

There are some ages where YJ is best (on LI) and others where they are not. The younger age YJ like 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021 are not anything special. They are not competitive with MD teams and would at best be competitive with other top LI teams, no blowouts or superstars! I'm not sure where you get your claims but they are not backed by fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Blue is the A team at TE. I don't know why so many are looking to leave. Somewhere on this forum it is mentioned there were about 10 TE girls at TG tryout, they attributed it to moving up the ladder (just like the TG players leaving for YJ).

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Blue is the A team at TE. I don't know why so many are looking to leave. Somewhere on this forum it is mentioned there were about 10 TE girls at TG tryout, they attributed it to moving up the ladder (just like the TG players leaving for YJ). [/quote

Most were TE red not blue. TG would not be an upgrade for most of the top TE players.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amazing part is even with all these issues they still managed to consistently beat All Long Island teams except Liberty ...( yellow jackets in a completely different league ) Liberty games are always one goal games not because of talent but because of quality coaching by Liberty ...and next year they will still compete with all including Liberty after the top purple girls move up ...there is always a big gap between top 30 or so in an age group from Long Island and then a lot of evenly skilled players ...it will be interesting to see next seasons results between Liberty top guns elevate leg a sea and express ...I'm assuming all will be close with Liberty leading the way..and express and leg a sea seeing the most improvement ..

There are some ages where YJ is best (on LI) and others where they are not. The younger age YJ like 2024, 2023, 2022, 2021 are not anything special. They are not competitive with MD teams and would at best be competitive with other top LI teams, no blowouts or superstars! I'm not sure where you get your claims but they are not backed by fact

2021 did not beat M&D this past season I will grant you that but other than M&D you should really get your facts straight about competing with MD. 2021 has never lost to a LI team. Just the facts !

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

M&D is the Gold standard in Maryland, YJ the Gold standard on LI. I give a slight edge to M&D overall as a club. There is a large drop to the club's lagging. Most of those younger age groups you reference, YJ have the best teams on the Island that compete very well with the best teams in MD and will continue to widen the gap every year, like always. Spin it anyway you need to to help you sleep at night, it sounds like you actually believe what your saying.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]Blue is the A team at TE. I don't know why so many are looking to leave. Somewhere on this forum it is mentioned there were about 10 TE girls at TG tryout, they attributed it to moving up the ladder (just like the TG players leaving for YJ). [/quote

Most were TE red not blue. TG would not be an upgrade for most of the top TE players.

I was only replying to the poster who said that there a lot of TE Blue at Liberty Tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe Elevates blue girls were at Liberty tryouts. All the girls seem extremely happy at elevate. I know we are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I find it hard to believe Elevates blue girls were at Liberty tryouts. All the girls seem extremely happy at elevate. I know we are.

I don't understand why you are surprised. There will likely be quite a bit of movement amongst team in this age group as recruiting will really be heating up. And EVERYONE is never happy - with anything.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Again, Liberty, TG or YJ B would not be an upgrade for the majority of TE blue players. The only true upgrade for any of these teams would be YJ A. Any other movement between clubs is just trading uniforms and one set of issues for another.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its VERY true. There were a lot of BLUE and RED Elevate kids at Liberty and TG tryouts from Elevate. The Elevate kids must be happy at their beach parties and pizza gatherings but parents are smartening up on where they are spending dollars! Its more than pizza and Elevate awards dinners. Would you rather be trained by the Liberty Director (a former D1 girls coach and a woman who takes her HS team to the top of LI every year) or Elevate for a guy who never played girls lax and coaches a low level HS team and his daughter who only has HS playing experience? Where would you want to spend your $s? Parents are waking up. Join the club.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Its VERY true. There were a lot of BLUE and RED Elevate kids at Liberty and TG tryouts from Elevate. The Elevate kids must be happy at their beach parties and pizza gatherings but parents are smartening up on where they are spending dollars! Its more than pizza and Elevate awards dinners. Would you rather be trained by the Liberty Director (a former D1 girls coach and a woman who takes her HS team to the top of LI every year) or Elevate for a guy who never played girls lax and coaches a low level HS team and his daughter who only has HS playing experience? Where would you want to spend your $s? Parents are waking up. Join the club.

Nobody from TE will make Liberty A unless you are a GK. There will be plenty of spots on Liberty B as half the current team has already walked away in disgust. When 3/4 of the A team are from Manahasset that's an issue. I would rather take my chance at TE who by the way easily beat Liberty this summer.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no te blue players are even close to making yj blue ...te lost to tg everytime they played last two years ..granted that will change this year with all the changes at tg

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a good point about coaching at these clubs. We spent 2 years at Elevate with little growth. We moved to Liberty last year and my daughter really excelled. After Elevate we were about to abandon travel lacrosse. I am happy we gave it one more shot with Liberty!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
no te blue players are even close to making yj blue ...te lost to tg everytime they played last two years ..granted that will change this year with all the changes at tg

How many spots are up for grabs on YJ A? If you believe what you read, 4 girls have already been offered spots (3 TG, 1 Exp). Will they look to change one or two more?

If they pull up a token B player it doesn't feel like any outsiders have a snowballs chance of making this team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nobody from TE will make Liberty A unless you are a GK. There will be plenty of spots on Liberty B as half the current team has already walked away in disgust. When 3/4 of the A team are from Manahasset that's an issue. I would rather take my chance at TE who by the way easily beat Liberty this summer.

And TG beat Elevate, & Liberty beat TG. These teams all sound on par with each other. What does GK mean?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And TG beat Elevate, & Liberty beat TG. These teams all sound on par with each other. What does GK mean?

Goal Keeper

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Goal Keeper, that's still a big weakness for this team and the position that could make the biggest impact.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you say it's very true but do tell us how you know there were a lot of TE girls at Lib and TG tryouts? Were you at both?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you say it's very true but do tell us how you know there were a lot of TE girls at Lib and TG tryouts? Were you at both?

Idk a out bring at TG tryouts but they were at Liberty tryouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Idk a out bring at TG tryouts but they were at Liberty tryouts.

And I know of some at TG tryouts. And people could have attended both tryouts as one was on Fri and one on Sat.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lookin like integrity entered into the upper tier with mnd an heros!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does it look like that? M&D beat them 20-3 last year and Heros beat them 14-8. Don't forget Skywalkers. They beat Integrity 15-5. You did tie C2 and Diamonds though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why does it look like that? M&D beat them 20-3 last year and Heros beat them 14-8. Don't forget Skywalkers. They beat Integrity 15-5. You did tie C2 and Diamonds though.

WARNING: Do not mess with Intense Lax Dad. He knows all the scores and has appointed himself as the Sergeant in Charge of Keeping it Real. Bottom line? His team is awesome. Your team? Not so much.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

WARNING: Do not mess with Intense Lax Dad. He knows all the scores and has appointed himself as the Sergeant in Charge of Keeping it Real. Bottom line? His team is awesome. Your team? Not so much.

You seem to have a real problem with Heros, M&D and Skywalkers. What's your deal? Please enlighten us as to which club your daughter plays for that is just out to have fun and doesn't prioritize winning.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey guys...like I said earlier this week. I'm not convinced this is Intense Lax Dad. It may be a more intense Intense Lax Mom. The one that poisoned the Integrity sidelines is a real piece of work. This is her m.o. She's the type (just like Intense Lax Dad) that knows all the scores because she wrote them down, recorded her daughter's stats, recorded how many minutes her daughter played AND (somehow) recorded how many minutes others girls played relative to her future full-ride Terp. I would avoid at all costs. She will stop at nothing until Coach Reese knocks on her door, begging.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Hey guys...like I said earlier this week. I'm not convinced this is Intense Lax Dad. It may be a more intense Intense Lax Mom. The one that poisoned the Integrity sidelines is a real piece of work. This is her m.o. She's the type (just like Intense Lax Dad) that knows all the scores because she wrote them down, recorded her daughter's stats, recorded how many minutes her daughter played AND (somehow) recorded how many minutes others girls played relative to her future full-ride Terp. I would avoid at all costs. She will stop at nothing until Coach Reese knocks on her door, begging.

Oh, and here's another example of ILM's outlook. She wasn't a fan of having the 2021 team practice with the 2020's because it made her daughter look bad (the Integrity 2020's are very good). But, she was a fan of having the 2021's practice against the 2022's because it allowed her daughter to look good. Are you freakin' kidding me?! So, as was mentioned earlier...good riddance for Integrity. Her level of "stability" fits perfectly with Md United.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You seem to have a real problem with Heros, M&D and Skywalkers. What's your deal? Please enlighten us as to which club your daughter plays for that is just out to have fun and doesn't prioritize winning.

Intense Lax Dad getting his "dandruff" up.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't say anything about the clubs. He was just talking about YOU. Intense lax dad/mom.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
M&D is still the top team at this age (until someone beats them). In the mid-atlantic, who is #2? Stars from Alexandria? Followed by Heros, Skywalkers and Nems?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Whether it's Lax Mom or Dad, sounds like whatever team she plays for is going to have their hands full. Good luck with that.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He didn't say anything about the clubs. He was just talking about YOU. Intense lax dad/mom.

You guys are funny. It must be so nice to pay $2000 to a club with no intention or desire to win. As long as the girls are having fun right? That's what is important and really is the true intention of club lacrosse. You call people intense for what reason? Because their kids are driven to succeed and improve and take pride and joy out of the fruits of their hard work? No one was on here pumping up their child or their club. The one post was in response to Integrity joining M&D and Heros as a top club at this age. You can sit on your high horse all you want and point fingers and criticize. There's a reason that the top clubs are the same every year and a big reason is that they do not have parents like you involved.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys are funny. It must be so nice to pay $2000 to a club with no intention or desire to win. As long as the girls are having fun right? That's what is important and really is the true intention of club lacrosse. You call people intense for what reason? Because their kids are driven to succeed and improve and take pride and joy out of the fruits of their hard work? No one was on here pumping up their child or their club. The one post was in response to Integrity joining M&D and Heros as a top club at this age. You can sit on your high horse all you want and point fingers and criticize. There's a reason that the top clubs are the same every year and a big reason is that they do not have parents like you involved.

The comments are not directed at ILD's/M's kid. It's been my experience that the kids aren't as intense as the parents say they are. It's ILD and ILM that are the intense ones. So, the comments are toward them. Everyone likes to win but the difference comes when winning at all costs becomes the goal for ILD and M, and not developing a good/very good player who then learns to work hard on her own becomes secondary. Poor ILM's kid...she will be considered a failure (by ILM) if she doesn't get that full-ride to U of Md. Must be something in that Cape water?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The shame of it is essentially like the 2020 team any kid that can make YJ top team leaves and the kids that would be on 2-3 yj team stay and are not really competitive with the top clubs. Not sure how CR does it but somehow manages to keep the top kids in her club while attracting the best players from the other clubs.

We have the same issue here in MD. Although not as good or successful as YJ, Md United seems to be able to convince gullible parents that their kid would be better off at their program. Other clubs, with clearly better coaching, suffer because of the bill-of-goods that Bev Altig is able to sell. What I've learned to do over the many years I've been involved with lax is to look at where the clubs alumni go to school. With the obvious exceptions (Caroline Steele to UMd, Madison Carter to PSU) the schools that the alumni from Md United attend are exactly the same as any other club. Why the parents can't see that is beyond me. I've even seen situations where the parents will pull the kid from the programs she was happy at and move her to Md United, where (not shockingly) she would wind up going to the same school as she would've if she had just stayed where she was in the first place. Plus, I personally know several girls who played at Md United who said it was an absolute s#&t show and they hated it, but MOMMY and DADDY thought she was better off there. Absolutely, freakin' ridiculous. My guess is that YJ does the same thing...big promises to all (mostly donkey MOMMY and DADDY) but in reality only the top few get to go to somewhere they would've have if they stayed at their original team. Everybody else goes to the same kind of school no matter what club they play for. I hate gullible parents who can't see the bigger picture.

It seems the Florist is finally noticing that the Club is falling apart. This is the same bitterness the girls saw all year. About 14 of her 21's are now at three other clubs. I am sure they are not afraid of their new coaches!!! On top of the player who left mid season last year.

Afraid of their coaches? Which ones? I'm curious. Your accusations are insane.

I have to ask...Which coaches was your daughter afraid of? The two coaches they had could not have been nicer. The team went about 15-5 this summer, mix of A and B brackets. Overall a pretty good summer for 8th GRADERS! It's parents like you Ms Poison, that ruin the game for nice parents and players. As was said earlier, take your poison to Md United. It's exactly where you belong.

ILD/M? You were asked which coach(es) were the girls afraid of and you never elaborated. Care to fill us in?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

The comments are not directed at ILD's/M's kid. It's been my experience that the kids aren't as intense as the parents say they are. It's ILD and ILM that are the intense ones. So, the comments are toward them. Everyone likes to win but the difference comes when winning at all costs becomes the goal for ILD and M, and not developing a good/very good player who then learns to work hard on her own becomes secondary. Poor ILM's kid...she will be considered a failure (by ILM) if she doesn't get that full-ride to U of Md. Must be something in that Cape water?

There was an ILD on the sidelines too. He claimed he played in college at the yard, claimed the director of Integrity does not know what she's doing (she's coached NCAA D1, D2, high school and WCLA), etc. He also seemed to have a problem with a male coach or two who did not play in college, yet ILD didn't play women's lax in college either.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been my experience that the really successful programs do in fact have girls that are self-motivated and intense about training and getting better. I don't think they look at it as win at all costs as you say. I also don't think that the majority of the girls have the intention of playing at MD. Many see it as an opportunity to attend whatever school they want academically and that lacrosse can open doors for them. You can label people intense all you want. I agree there are some crazies, but the majority of parents are doing what their kids want.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I'm confused. How is Integrity joining Heros and M&D in the top echelon if, according to previous posters, 14 kids have left Integrity for other clubs?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

It's been my experience that the really successful programs do in fact have girls that are self-motivated and intense about training and getting better. I don't think they look at it as win at all costs as you say. I also don't think that the majority of the girls have the intention of playing at MD. Many see it as an opportunity to attend whatever school they want academically and that lacrosse can open doors for them. You can label people intense all you want. I agree there are some crazies, but the majority of parents are doing what their kids want.

We are not talking about the "majority of the parents." We are talking about ILD. He's nuts. The majority of parents do not come onto this forum to chest-thump, recite scores, or to tell you how good their team is. In fact, the majority of parents are unaware of this board.

You are right, many parents are not ILD. But this guy is. Look out below, here come some game scores!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

We are not talking about the "majority of the parents." We are talking about ILD. He's nuts. The majority of parents do not come onto this forum to chest-thump, recite scores, or to tell you how good their team is. In fact, the majority of parents are unaware of this board.

You are right, many parents are not ILD. But this guy is. Look out below, here come some game scores!!!

The game scores were in reference to someone claiming that Integrity was going to join the top teams. The person didn't even reference who their daughter played for just pointed out that the top teams had easily beaten Integrity this year. Not sure how you take that as chest thumping, but whatever. Seems to me you are pretty intense as you are on here posting multiple times a day.

Page 9 of 44 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard