BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Boys 2018- 11th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
It's the start of the Fall 2016/Spring 2017 season. Use this thread for your posts regarding this age group

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

Re: Boys 2018- 11th Grade Fall 2016/Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How have the turnouts been for this age group ? How about True Blue, Express, 91,TLI ,etc ? My kid will just play 3 tournaments with his HS school summer team and do a showcase camp and some prospect days. I think at this point looking at D2-D3 schools the prospect days are a better option than another club team. Any thoughts ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
How have the turnouts been for this age group ? How about True Blue, Express, 91,TLI ,etc ? My kid will just play 3 tournaments with his HS school summer team and do a showcase camp and some prospect days. I think at this point looking at D2-D3 schools the prospect days are a better option than another club team. Any thoughts ?

If your son is interested in D3 schools, this is the way to go. My son really enjoyed his last two summers playing lacrosse on a team to have fun. The prospect days were the most beneficial, but make sure he contacts the coach to let him know his interest. A lot of D3 coaches wanted to know the GPA and Test scores right up front. The money was much better spent on prospect days and showcases than another year of club tuition, especially this year with substantially higher club fees. You should know that many D3 schools might wait to see his full Junior year grades before offering him a spot on the team. They just want to make sure he has the grades to get accepted AND get some merit money so he will be admitted and financially able to attend. Good luck to your son.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club fees are now officially out of control.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
without bashing, can you guys post the actual fees this year for club teams?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Club fees are now officially out of control.

Have you been living under a rock for the past decade? Club fees have been out of control for some time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

If your son is interested in D3 schools, this is the way to go. My son really enjoyed his last two summers playing lacrosse on a team to have fun. The prospect days were the most beneficial, but make sure he contacts the coach to let him know his interest. A lot of D3 coaches wanted to know the GPA and Test scores right up front. The money was much better spent on prospect days and showcases than another year of club tuition, especially this year with substantially higher club fees. You should know that many D3 schools might wait to see his full Junior year grades before offering him a spot on the team. They just want to make sure he has the grades to get accepted AND get some merit money so he will be admitted and financially able to attend. Good luck to your son.

Keep in mind, the D3 Coaches have a tremendous amount of leverage with admissions. The key is to get them interested in the athletic side sooner rather than later. The D3 coaches also have leverage on the merit side as well. My older son went into a holding pattern, waiting for his first choice's overnight. In the mean time his number two magically found another scholarship that brought his merit money well over 50%. His number one then came in with a decent offer. His application was submitted to both admissions and the coach. He had a verbal acceptance from the coach in two days after submission of the application. Within am week we had a written offer on his merit money from the AD. Then a day or two later an acceptance packet showed up at his door. In October of his Senior year. Point of the story is, you need to make sure the Coach is fully supporting the application. If not, your son is not a recruit. He is essentially applying like every other student. The coach will have him on the team if accepted to the school. Don't confuse the two.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
right on all points. unfortunately that doesn't preclude some from telling people otherwise. it all comes out when they get cut early in the fall sophomore year

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Keep in mind, the D3 Coaches have a tremendous amount of leverage with admissions. The key is to get them interested in the athletic side sooner rather than later. The D3 coaches also have leverage on the merit side as well. My older son went into a holding pattern, waiting for his first choice's overnight. In the mean time his number two magically found another scholarship that brought his merit money well over 50%. His number one then came in with a decent offer. His application was submitted to both admissions and the coach. He had a verbal acceptance from the coach in two days after submission of the application. Within am week we had a written offer on his merit money from the AD. Then a day or two later an acceptance packet showed up at his door. In October of his Senior year. Point of the story is, you need to make sure the Coach is fully supporting the application. If not, your son is not a recruit. He is essentially applying like every other student. The coach will have him on the team if accepted to the school. Don't confuse the two.

Thanks for this information. So in order to get the merit money offer, your son had to officially apply to these schools, correct? I am just trying to clarify that the coach cannot offer money until admissions sees the application. Coach is supporting application and wants early action - are we doing this right?

You say that your son sent applications to two schools, his first and second choices, I am assuming neither of these schools were binding applications for early decision. Thanks again.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
D3 coaches do not offer money either athletic or academic.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They find you scholarships and help with academic packages. some schools have more control than others.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Thanks for this information. So in order to get the merit money offer, your son had to officially apply to these schools, correct? I am just trying to clarify that the coach cannot offer money until admissions sees the application. Coach is supporting application and wants early action - are we doing this right?

You say that your son sent applications to two schools, his first and second choices, I am assuming neither of these schools were binding applications for early decision. Thanks again.

Actually, merit money offers were made verbally before he even applied. Based in initial read of transcripts sand Sats. Official offer came upon submission of app. Every school is different, we found. One school he visited, the coach had an interview with admissions set up for my son and me. Offer was made in writing on the spot, prior to meeting with Coach. All applications sent were non-binding.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Coach G's posting on Team Long Islands 2018 commits. Impressive. My sons team does not run into this 2018 team at many of the premier events. Do they still play together as a Team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Saw Coach G's posting on Team Long Islands 2018 commits. Impressive. My sons team does not run into this 2018 team at many of the premier events. Do they still play together as a Team.

where did you see this?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where did you see this?

you can google " Team Long Islands 2018 commits" and it shows a link to TLI web page - if you have internet access

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

where did you see this?

you can google " Team Long Islands 2018 commits" and it shows a link to TLI web page - if you have internet access

Yeah because that was so obvious....

5 Marist commits from the same team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lmfao Look up who the asst coach at Marist is . Then it would explain eveything

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They do not. However, as stated above, at many schools they have tremendous leverage. My friends son got over 60% merit at the highest academic NESCAC level. He was a top level recruit that chose a higher academic path. BTW he never would have come close to being accepted at the school without lax. Kid was high C band low B band at best academically. It should be noted that his monetary award was not need based. Family has the funds. This is what people don't understand about D3, there is a lot of money out there. It many cases, more than D1.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes we do. and would love to play your sons team that goes to all of the premier events. just email coach g and set something up

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
yes we do. and would love to play your sons team that goes to all of the premier events. just email coach g and set something up

This is best 2018 team on long Island. And we saw them at 3 premier events this summer. Very solid, well coached team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
It seems that a certain team had a very light turnout at their tryouts yesterday. Not enough to even have a scrimmage.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Bad day to have tryouts with Football

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

This is best 2018 team on long Island. And we saw them at 3 premier events this summer. Very solid, well coached team.

I would relax with the whole best 2018 team on Long Island deal. Good team yes, but lets relax there dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

I would relax with the whole best 2018 team on Long Island deal. Good team yes, but lets relax there dad.

Who is better ?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
who's the best is a conversation for the 4th - 7th grade teams once you get into HS years too many other factors come into play, but it is mostly who shows up, kids verbally commit to a college and are not as committed to their summer team as well as pressure to play for their HS teams summer program. Having said that - If the team that shall not be named but rhymes with "mighty fun" has their full and healthy roster they are at least 5 goals better then Marist Class of 2022

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is better ?

The 91 "extreme" team is definitely better and I would say the Top Choo choo team would be there as well. Having said that isnt Team LI comprised of 2018 and some on age 2017s?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Who is better ?

The 91 "extreme" team is definitely better and I would say the Top Choo choo team would be there as well. Having said that isnt Team LI comprised of 2018 and some on age 2017s?

Extreme forfeited second day of last tournament this summer. Not enough kids to play. If all kids from two years ago still played , I would agree. But they don't. Express , no way!

And that team is all 2018. No 2017

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
It seems that a certain team had a very light turnout at their tryouts yesterday. Not enough to even have a scrimmage.

What team are you talking about?

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Timo941

Please don't feed the trolls.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE
Originally Posted by Larry LarryMiller

I want to know as my son is still looking for a team

B_O_T_C Offline OP
Back of THE CAGE
OP Offline
Back of THE CAGE

I shudder to think that you would listen seriously to anyone here. Take a look at the Tryouts Thread and go from there.

Back of THE CAGE
Back of THE CAGE

I shudder to think that you would listen seriously to anyone here. Take a look at the Tryouts Thread and go from there.

Ok, I will try and figure it out, Thanks!!!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one add new information (e.g., SAT scores, updated GPA) to previously submitted recruiting questionnaires filed with colleges?

If the college is part of RecruitSpot I know that you can update there, but for a number of schools my son submitted the initial form and I don't know where to find and update it. Any guidance greatly appreciated!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Just email the Head Coach or recruiting coordinator.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
How does one add new information (e.g., SAT scores, updated GPA) to previously submitted recruiting questionnaires filed with colleges?

If the college is part of RecruitSpot I know that you can update there, but for a number of schools my son submitted the initial form and I don't know where to find and update it. Any guidance greatly appreciated!

My advice. Enroll on the NCAA eligibility center. And have your schools guidience office load it there and school admissions can access it. Tell the coach your gpa and scores, sure. But committed doesn't mean admitted and you want your high school college admissions officier handling transcripts amd test scores.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lotsa good games at 3d this weekend. Where was the location where teams playing.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Lotsa good games at 3d this weekend. Where was the location where teams playing.

No one seems to care. Lots of NLI's lately, plenty of kids who didn't early commit, so there is still normal life and plenty of room for these boys.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

No one seems to care. Lots of NLI's lately, plenty of kids who didn't early commit, so there is still normal life and plenty of room for these boys.

One has nothing to do with another. Commitments happen early but NLI cannot be signed until senior year with specific dates for each sport.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

One has nothing to do with another. Commitments happen early but NLI cannot be signed until senior year with specific dates for each sport.

JAck as$ a lot has to do with it. It saying dont worry 2018's plenty of kids who signed NLI their senior year werent verbals Fall Jr year. next 12 months are huge! Same goes for those 2019's

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

JAck as$ a lot has to do with it. It saying dont worry 2018's plenty of kids who signed NLI their senior year werent verbals Fall Jr year. next 12 months are huge! Same goes for those 2019's

Exactly my point. Thanks for getting it. I'll say it again.

You do not have to committ early to get to sign a NLI with a good school.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard