BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,538
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44
Re: Girls 2021 - 8th Grade Fall 2016/ Summer 2017
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When winning gets you deeper into tournaments and extra looks by coaches the girls are better off. It's also a lot more fun to be on a winning sideline. In Maryland after tryouts M&D and Heros had little roster change (1 or 2 players), Skywalkers kept their key players in tact while adding depth, and TLC has undergone a significant roster change by cutting or losing more than half of their players. Should be a fun Fall to look at the teams before they play in the Spring league.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
When winning gets you deeper into tournaments and extra looks by coaches the girls are better off. It's also a lot more fun to be on a winning sideline. In Maryland after tryouts M&D and Heros had little roster change (1 or 2 players), Skywalkers kept their key players in tact while adding depth, and TLC has undergone a significant roster change by cutting or losing more than half of their players. Should be a fun Fall to look at the teams before they play in the Spring league.

Sometimes it is fun to be on a winning sideline. Sometimes it isn't. Depends on the sideline.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Winning and "fun" are one in the same to Intense Lax Dad.

For the rest of us, it is much more complex.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like someone that has never won anything nor had to the drive to do so. You don't think that the girls feel that winning is confirmation to them that all of the extra work they put in pays off? There's a reason that the same teams win year after year and it's not all about their natural ability. Some girls work out on their own 3 or 4 days a week on top of their team practices. How nice of you to belittle their accomplishments so that you can feel better about your daughter's team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Tryouts are over in Baltimore/Central MD and it looks like TLC and Skywalkers picked up several good players from C2, Diamonds and MD United. There should be three very good teams here going forward.

The lavel of competition in the M&D/TLC/Skywalkers fames should be much improved. It will be an interesting Fall.

I hope you're right, but TLC had a LONG way to go to get to that level. Pulling girls from C2 and Diamonds isn't going to be enough to make up that difference. Happy that you are pleased with your new girls though.

Why do you hope they are right? Does it actually matter if they can compete with M&D or not? This winning/losing stuff is all so fleeting. Keep your eye on the ball. Only Intense Lax Dad thinks winning (as compared to a making a winning effort) is truly important. Do not be that guy.

Thanks Captain Fairplay. I hope they are right because it is not fun winning every game by 8-10 goals. The more quality competition that the girls play the better. They improve by playing with and against better players.

I don't thing M&D has to worry anymore about beating TLC and Skywalkers by 8-10 goals.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This week, appearing in the role of Defender of the Girls is Competitive Lax Dad.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Absolutely correct. I'd rather have my daughter play on a club that might go .500 during the tournament season if she plays (as opposed to limited minutes on one of the powerhouses) for a strong coach and enjoys her teammates. Most, if not all, college coaches don't even know who is winning the game. They scout the kids they're interested for 10-15 minutes and then move to the next field. There's validity a previous post that winning teams advance farther into the playoffs, but typically you might have 1-2 extra games at 20 minutes a pop. Not sure how much extra scouting is going on. Top teams usually play their thoroughbreeds anyway with the girls on bottom end of the roster seeing limited, if any time on the field.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Integrity even fielding a 2021 team this year? Sounds like they might not even be able to get enough girls to fill out a roster.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
This week, appearing in the role of Defender of the Girls is Competitive Lax Dad.

It's "Intense Lax Dad." Easy to remember because it always starts with a capital "I"

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Spoken like someone that has never won anything nor had to the drive to do so. You don't think that the girls feel that winning is confirmation to them that all of the extra work they put in pays off? There's a reason that the same teams win year after year and it's not all about their natural ability. Some girls work out on their own 3 or 4 days a week on top of their team practices. How nice of you to belittle their accomplishments so that you can feel better about your daughter's team.

OK. It's official. You are nuts.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nice try, but he didn't brlitte anybody. But you kinda did. I think you have been pegged.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Think its time for you guys(?) to have a slap fight or a pinching contest to settle this hissy stuff..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time to the rodeo, huh? I guess, when you get to G8/G16 next year or the showcase tournaments - you can see how many coaches are at these "deeper into tournaments" games.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some non-biased feedback here (no bashers please). It seems like YJ has it out for TG organization. Repeatedly I see bashing of TG teams and yet YJ keeps poaching their players. It's almost like TG is scouting for future YJ players. Is YJ recruiting players from other organizations besides TG? I am sincerely just trying to understand, once again, please no negativity.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They are having supplemental tryouts. They'll be OK

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

That's a nice theory but I have news for you no coach is sticking around to get extra looks in the hope that a player they are interested in makes the playoffs. Not happening , they will most definately be around on Sat but won't be around on Sun afternoon.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is Integrity even fielding a 2021 team this year? Sounds like they might not even be able to get enough girls to fill out a roster.

I'm not sure. You'll have to ask the person who seems to know how many players they lost. They (she) seem to have intimate knowledge of the inner workings of the team. I would refer all questions to her.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Looking for some non-biased feedback here (no bashers please). It seems like YJ has it out for TG organization. Repeatedly I see bashing of TG teams and yet YJ keeps poaching their players. It's almost like TG is scouting for future YJ players. Is YJ recruiting players from other organizations besides TG? I am sincerely just trying to understand, once again, please no negativity.

What is YJ supposed to do, play nice and NOT try to snatch up the best talent?
I don't know if you know who runs that business but I assure you, it ain't the Boy Scouts.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the best talent only comes from TG and no other organizations?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So the best talent only comes from TG and no other organizations?

Seems that way. Big drop off after YJ and TG, although I'm sure some talented girls start out on other teams before moving on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

First time to the rodeo, huh? I guess, when you get to G8/G16 next year or the showcase tournaments - you can see how many coaches are at these "deeper into tournaments" games.

Since when did playing a sport to try to win the game become a bad thing? Just curious. Do you have to labeled Intense if you are a girl who wants to win? Is this just in girl's sports that the players and coaches aren't supposed to want to win? Seems kinda sexist. Whether college coaches are watching or not should be irrelevant. Making great plays under pressure and coming out on top should be celebrated, no? I am NOT saying it's the only thing that makes sports "worth it", but certainly it's something to aspire to and work towards?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nothing wrong with winning. Everything wrong with that being the sole factor that defines success. Most people realize that. Intense Lax Dad does not.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
PS Nobody on this side was labeling girls. Just their Intense Lax Dads.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on folks. This Intense Lax Dad may be an Intense Lax MOM! I know one who will stop at nothing to make sure her kid always looks like the star of the team, even when it's apparent she is not. Do, don't be so quick to stereotype.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, it's one of the many ways a club like YJ keeps the competition down, and (in a way) it's an admittance that they know they're not good at developing players, so they let other clubs do it for them, then swoop in, promise the world to the parents and reap the rewards. The same thing happens in MD. Md United is infamous for attempting to do the same thing. You do not see M&D, Heros or (to a lesser degree) SkyWalkers poach players. Girls will freely tryout for those teams, but Md United actively poaches players in the 2020/2021 age group...very similarly to YJ. The problem comes later for them though, when the parents and kids realize they could've just stayed where they were and gotten to the same schools without all of the YJ or Md United s*#t show drama. But, by that time the damage is done and CR and BA are laughing all the way to the bank. When will parents learn to think for themselves?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
You do not see M&D, Heros or (to a lesser degree) SkyWalkers poach players.

Dude.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold on folks. This Intense Lax Dad may be an Intense Lax MOM! I know one who will stop at nothing to make sure her kid always looks like the star of the team, even when it's apparent she is not. Do, don't be so quick to stereotype.

Trust me. This one is a dad. Spot 'em a mile away.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is totally wrong !! Non of these clubs develope the kids ..they just showcase ...kids develop on their own time ...better kids just gravitate together ....the better kids make each other better ...just seems that m&d and yj have best overall coaching on top teams ..just a fact

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
In my opinion, it's one of the many ways a club like YJ keeps the competition down, and (in a way) it's an admittance that they know they're not good at developing players, so they let other clubs do it for them, then swoop in, promise the world to the parents and reap the rewards. The same thing happens in MD. Md United is infamous for attempting to do the same thing. You do not see M&D, Heros or (to a lesser degree) SkyWalkers poach players. Girls will freely tryout for those teams, but Md United actively poaches players in the 2020/2021 age group...very similarly to YJ. The problem comes later for them though, when the parents and kids realize they could've just stayed where they were and gotten to the same schools without all of the YJ or Md United s*#t show drama. But, by that time the damage is done and CR and BA are laughing all the way to the bank. When will parents learn to think for themselves?

You guys have it flat out wrong. All these best TG players are not being poached, they are willingly and actively looking to jump ship, I know from experience. It is a one way exchange and more would try to jump but only a couple top girls are up to the jump talent wise. They rest have to weigh TG black vs YJ 2nd team maybe even 3rd team and other clubs. And it looks like most are even choosing those options these days. You would think people would be happy with a secure spot on black but many of us were not. No ill will, good luck to all who choose TG, there are many paths one can take to get to the same place.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
That is totally wrong !! Non of these clubs develope the kids ..they just showcase ...kids develop on their own time ...better kids just gravitate together ....the better kids make each other better ...just seems that m&d and yj have best overall coaching on top teams ..just a fact

YJ lost bad in most age groups to Maryland teams. While parent coaches had their kids in the whole game. How is that good coaching? would agree with the statement that the best get better by working hard on their own time.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

You guys have it flat out wrong. All these best TG players are not being poached, they are willingly and actively looking to jump ship, I know from experience. It is a one way exchange and more would try to jump but only a couple top girls are up to the jump talent wise. They rest have to weigh TG black vs YJ 2nd team maybe even 3rd team and other clubs. And it looks like most are even choosing those options these days. You would think people would be happy with a secure spot on black but many of us were not. No ill will, good luck to all who choose TG, there are many paths one can take to get to the same place.

TG has been bleeding talent and they seem to care less and less. No need to care about and do more for the top team, as purple and black pay the same. Once they collect their fall payments, you wont hear or do anything until they start up their cheeseball winter clinic which is sub par. After that you wont hear from them for months until you start practice in May. You wont even meet your coaches until the first tournament. No wonder top players are running from this program. The ones who stay are the ones who don't know any better the ill informed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

TG has been bleeding talent and they seem to care less and less. No need to care about and do more for the top team, as purple and black pay the same. Once they collect their fall payments, you wont hear or do anything until they start up their cheeseball winter clinic which is sub par. After that you wont hear from them for months until you start practice in May. You wont even meet your coaches until the first tournament. No wonder top players are running from this program. The ones who stay are the ones who don't know any better the ill informed.

And other teams are different. YJ does the same, and I'm sure others as well

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which yj age groups are you talking about that lost bad to Maryland teams?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

And other teams are different. YJ does the same, and I'm sure others as well

I don't understand, YJ does the same thing as TG?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why were you unhappy?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Why were you unhappy?

There are many reasons why people are unhappy at TG. Promised "world class" coaching and you get 2 college girls on their phones during practice. 10 extra practices for more money and half of them are canceled. During practices, no defensive schemes are taught. Teams are not balanced by position. Ball hogs are encouraged. And if that's not enough, watching SS walk past a family with two girls in their TG uniforms and she doesn't even say hi to them. That shows me why families are jumping ship. Like any business transaction, you want to be satisfied with your purchase. If you're not getting what you want you look at other choices.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
1. Poor coaching, both in practice and in games. Coaches hung over, not showing for practices, college girl drama interfering with their coaching relationship. This team is going to have a new set of coaches for the fourth time. BS comes over half way through games and reshuffles everything game time, starts barking orders even though
He has spent little time with the team.
2. The program is essentially a 3 month program and
Everyone scatters. Girls can't build continuity,
3. No development model, no plan for the girls. Camps and practices are haphazard and are redundant.
4. Lax IQ is not stressed, the girls
Don't learn the game. They only learn skills. This is a big reason why they can't compete.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which yj age groups are you talking about that lost bad to Maryland teams?

2021, 2022 and 2023. Don't think any of them beat one of the top MD teams all summer

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
The amazing part is even with all these issues they still managed to consistently beat All Long Island teams except Liberty ...( yellow jackets in a completely different league ) Liberty games are always one goal games not because of talent but because of quality coaching by Liberty ...and next year they will still compete with all including Liberty after the top purple girls move up ...there is always a big gap between top 30 or so in an age group from Long Island and then a lot of evenly skilled players ...it will be interesting to see next seasons results between Liberty top guns elevate leg a sea and express ...I'm assuming all will be close with Liberty leading the way..and express and leg a sea seeing the most improvement ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I saw A LOT of Elevate bags walking into Liberty tryouts this weekend. During tryouts my daughter asked a few which team they played on and they said the blue team at Elevate. Two questions. Is blue the higher Elevate team in that age group and why are there so many kids leaving Elevate? Thanks for the input.

Page 8 of 44 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard