BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Girls High School
by Anonymous -
Boys High School
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,595
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
New Reply
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79
Re: Welcome Philadelphia & Vicinity
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Actually, my kids all went to CB West, which is also an amazing school. Through sports (I have 3 kids that all played multiple sports and my 2020 son is my youngest), I have met many amazing families from all over SE PA. You sound incredibly silly when you say "there are only 15 good schools in PA and they are all in Chester county". There are AMAZING public schools in Bucks, Montgomery and Delaware counties, in fact there are great public schools in every county in our state. You say I sound like a teacher, well, I am not, I own my own company. You ask how I know? Well, let me tell you some experience I have had.
1. A friend of mine decided to try a private school because it really was sold to them as a very strong academic experience. Their sons, who live in the Pheonixville SD, ended up lasting at this "elite" school for 3 months, they were not being challenged and their parents realized it was a giant waste of money. Not to mention, they thought their sons were going to suffer academically in the long run.
2. Another family I know has children who have gotten into Ivey schools, they attended the Rose Tree Media Schools district
3. Another friend had a son get a perfect score on their math SAT, they went to Spring Ford
If you feel the need to spend hundreds of thousands of dollars for your kids to go to a private school, more power to you. However, you are very misinformed (or just plain dumb) when you say there aren't good public schools all over the place.
Hopefully CBW won't have to cancel any football games because of hazing

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be very curious to see what happens with the 2020 NXT team. Over 100 kids at tryouts. Seems like the previous poster thinks all of the former rising sons are shoe ins, I guess time will tell if NXT picks the best or if the tryout is a farce
Doubt it. Coaches said 125 kids, maybe some come tomorrow. Sons definitely will fill spots but maybe 10-12? Not sure there were a few Malvern helmets there that I'm assuming may be Sons as well. All the MP helmets could play. Definitely more than 2-3 changes. HHH helmets that were there may be 2-3 that looked legit. There was a ton of talent. Dukes, HHH, Sons, Mesa all in the mix. We will not be going back. Clearly my kid has not shot.

You're funny Malvern daddy

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Is that the same BL team that used older guest players against S2S in semi finals at NXT Cup?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Will be very curious to see what happens with the 2020 NXT team. Over 100 kids at tryouts. Seems like the previous poster thinks all of the former rising sons are shoe ins, I guess time will tell if NXT picks the best or if the tryout is a farce
Doubt it. Coaches said 125 kids, maybe some come tomorrow. Sons definitely will fill spots but maybe 10-12? Not sure there were a few Malvern helmets there that I'm assuming may be Sons as well. All the MP helmets could play. Definitely more than 2-3 changes. HHH helmets that were there may be 2-3 that looked legit. There was a ton of talent. Dukes, HHH, Sons, Mesa all in the mix. We will not be going back. Clearly my kid has not shot.
Nope not even close. Not a Malvern Daddy although I was there today for roughriders tryouts. Just stating facts. Be surprised if they all didn't make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yep everyone was a 2022 and frankly were the better team. The 2 boys in question one was a Kennett pole the other a Lionville middie all rostered and members of the team

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Nope not even close. Not a Malvern Daddy although I was there today for roughriders tryouts. Just stating facts. Be surprised if they all didn't make it.

So you're telling us that out of 125 kids, a random dad (you) picked out MP helmets and noticed that they were all great players? Really, because I have been to plenty of tryouts and usually I am focused on my kid. Don't buy it

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

So you're telling us that out of 125 kids, a random dad (you) picked out MP helmets and noticed that they were all great players? Really, because I have been to plenty of tryouts and usually I am focused on my kid. Don't buy it
Maybe because their helmets were so nice and shiny, I don't know sorry I said anything. Their helmets did stand out and were easy to spot because they were playing well and the sons were practicing at malvern last year. troll

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Did the pick the team yet?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
They did. We have not received notification either way but based on what my son said the invites went out to those who made it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Better talent at BL, but that loss just proves that you cannot just throw kids together at game time and expect to have the chemistry needed to beat a quality team like S2S.

Like Reply Quote
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Do you sit at home an think this stuff up? BL didn't use anyone that was not a 2023, there were no guest players. The Kennett pole played every game at the NXT league, but was out for most of the summer. The lionville middies Dad is one of the assistant coaches, but was away for the weekend.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree with you more; however, I can tell you that we didn't throw anything together. We just simply don't practice enough, and that will be rectifiied.

To put this into context this was a response from a post that Philly based teams can't beat the best Long Island and Baltimore Teams and that simply isn't true, and when we do beat them the Long Island guys are convinced we are cheating. Freedom 2022 has consistently beaten the top teams for several years and Brotherly Love 2023 and 2024 has as well. But in my opinion it is for one reason and one reason only. The Philly kids don't practice as much as those teams. If the BL 2023 team loses in sudden death to S2S, which was an excellent team, after practicing literally only 8 times in the Spring, how would they fare if they practiced 9 months out of the year like the LI and MD teams.

Then that same team beat Long Island Express in the consolation game withouth 2 starting poles.

Therer is little doubt the LI teams are more skilled but that can be addressed by the Philly Teams practicing more and I see that gap being closed in the next two years.

To stir the pot further I do think that it is interesting that at 2022 and below that the clubs that charge 50% less than the big name clubs and run by dads are the only ones in the discussion capable of beating the powerhouse clubs from LI and MD. Throw in the Freedom 2025 Team which looks impressive and it is a shutout.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Couldn't agree with you more; however, I can tell you that we didn't throw anything together. We just simply don't practice enough, and that will be rectifiied.

To put this into context this was a response from a post that Philly based teams can't beat the best Long Island and Baltimore Teams and that simply isn't true, and when we do beat them the Long Island guys are convinced we are cheating. Freedom 2022 has consistently beaten the top teams for several years and Brotherly Love 2023 and 2024 has as well. But in my opinion it is for one reason and one reason only. The Philly kids don't practice as much as those teams. If the BL 2023 team loses in sudden death to S2S, which was an excellent team, after practicing literally only 8 times in the Spring, how would they fare if they practiced 9 months out of the year like the LI and MD teams.

Then that same team beat Long Island Express in the consolation game withouth 2 starting poles.

Therer is little doubt the LI teams are more skilled but that can be addressed by the Philly Teams practicing more and I see that gap being closed in the next two years.

To stir the pot further I do think that it is interesting that at 2022 and below that the clubs that charge 50% less than the big name clubs and run by dads are the only ones in the discussion capable of beating the powerhouse clubs from LI and MD. Throw in the Freedom 2025 Team which looks impressive and it is a shutout.

Which Philly 2022 or 2021 club won any tournament attended by the top LI and MD clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
What's happening at HHH that there were a dozen kids trying out for NXT 2020?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I think their best days are behind them. The divorce between Dukes and HHH left both organization worse off. Dukes is struggling without a quality feeder program and HHH trying to be Dukes has alot more competition than when Dukes was the premier program.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't believe anyone said they "won" the tournament and don't recall anyone mentioning 2021 in the mix. The Freedom 2022 has consistenly beaten and also played well against the best MD and LI Teams. Nobody is saying they are the best 2022 out there, just they can play with those teams. I would put them top 10 in that class. If your point is that LI and MD club teams are superior across the board they are; however, there is little doubt that Philly Teams are closing the gap and isn't that a good thing for the sport?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I see that TD is posting on Facebook about how happy he is that 12 of the Rising Sons made NXT. I guess he doesn't care about the other half of the kids that got cut?! What a D*&^ move... And, I see that he removed the post, so someone clued him in that only a total [lacrosse] would do that in the first place. Of course, anyone that knows TD knows that it par for the course with him.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Well, I see that TD is posting on Facebook about how happy he is that 12 of the Rising Sons made NXT. I guess he doesn't care about the other half of the kids that got cut?! What a D*&^ move... And, I see that he removed the post, so someone clued him in that only a total [lacrosse] would do that in the first place. Of course, anyone that knows TD knows that it par for the course with him.
OMG one I can't believe he is friends with you (vomit), 2, he should be happy that he developed kids to play at a high level, 3 you have some serious issues you need to work out with yourself. Good job to those that made it. Oh and 4, the post is still up maybe he just removed you?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any word on how the younger RS teams are doing? when you look on the site there seems to be no mention of a 2025 team and the 24's don't.... have a coach listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
says his daughter

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
OMG one I can't believe he is friends with you (vomit), 2, he should be happy that he developed kids to play at a high level, 3 you have some serious issues you need to work out with yourself. Good job to those that made it. Oh and 4, the post is still up maybe he just removed you?

1. Not friends with him, but know a parent of a boy who didn't make it. (Who sent a screen shot to me)
2. I tried to tell them years ago not to be associated with him, but they didn't listen. Now they wish they would have. Clearly, he could care less about the boys that didn't make it. He could have at least waited a week to brag
3. He can be as proud as he wants, but there is NO REASON to post them when 1/2 of the team didn't make it.
4. If he still has it up, just proves what a [lacrosse] he is.
5. And it is laughable that you would say he developed anyone, he is nothing more than a over the top lacrosse dad. He has zero experience coaching or playing the sport

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Quit being a bunch of cry babies. Tad took these kids to florida twice denver all over the place to play. All while not making a fortune off them like other clubs. At some point they were going to have to part ways.

He was excited for the kids who made and will probably look out for the kids who didnt as much as he can.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
He also won the event this past year. He was a student of the game and the kids all respected and loved him. All of them. Pisses me off that you try to impugn his character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Him cheating when he already had the best team shows al you need to know about his character.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Its lacrosse everyone cheats.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Twelve Sons: 5 Attack, 4 Defenders, 1 goalie, 2 mid
Five NXT: 2 defenders, 2 mid, 1 goalie

Hard to believe that those 17 should have all been included
in the top 25 out of 125

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Of course it's hard for you to believe. You can't even believe your son has to play for black bear

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

1. Not friends with him, but know a parent of a boy who didn't make it. (Who sent a screen shot to me)
2. I tried to tell them years ago not to be associated with him, but they didn't listen. Now they wish they would have. Clearly, he could care less about the boys that didn't make it. He could have at least waited a week to brag
3. He can be as proud as he wants, but there is NO REASON to post them when 1/2 of the team didn't make it.
4. If he still has it up, just proves what a [lacrosse] he is.
5. And it is laughable that you would say he developed anyone, he is nothing more than a over the top lacrosse dad. He has zero experience coaching or playing the sport
Hey this sounds like one of our long island moms that son got cut from the program and probably is a jv football player. I just came on the philly page and you guys don't waste anytime

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
So I thought NXT offered the best training for lacrosse players. So they had a team of 25 kids who played for them this past summer, NXT trained them up, spent 12 months with them and now only 5 of 25 make the team for the next 12 months. So, where is the loyalty - there is none among Club Lacrosse teams. Would not want to be a player on the 2021 team this year - most likely you do not have a spot after this summer.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Basically it is NXT admitting that they don't develop kids in their youth program. Only (5) made high school team. So they will take your $2,000 per year until a team of better kids come along.

Start little Johnnie with the HYPE in 4th grade. Drop 10 grand on training. Then lose your spot to reclassified kids that are at least one year older then Johnnie. But NXT will still train Johnnie for a huge fee. Oh yeah they are so nice that they will even find Johhnie a new club.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I don't think any kids are reclassed on that HS team.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Come on man, the constant homophobia is absurd and totally not needed.

Not at all my perverse friend. Ask other people that have kids on the team if BL cheats, you know some (come out of the closet) You yourself stated: (cut / paste from your post below)

" Their 2023 "B" team was playing and the second the game ended (and there were a few player that didn't look like "B" players) we all witnessed 3 players sprint from that field to the one above it (where they immediately joined the "A" BL team for a game.

It was the only game that BL played where the 3 players team came from a lower field to join the A game playing on the Stadium Field.

But again if the tournament director approved it as stated then it aint cheating why don't you call NXT and ask them since you seem desparate to prove a point.

Better yet go back to your favorite past time of watching young boys running around playing with their sticks.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rising Sons folded their 24 and 25 teams due to lack of interest. As everyone said 3 years ago, once the "head Son's" kid committed the program was over.

Very confused Rising Sons is done? Should my son attend tryouts?
The Sons will have 2021-2025 teams. They are working with NXT to create a training model specifically for their kids in these grades with hope that they choose NXT HS as rising freshman. Their highly successful 2020s are headed to NXT via an open tryout. I'd imagine a good majority of their kids will make it.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Incorrect! HHH did it for 3 years and realized they had to do more because the model of just having 6,7,8th grade teams was silly and proved nothing. And as far as respect for Rising Sons, they don't have the level of respect you are stating. They were denied entry into the NLF and also were severely reprimanded by the Philly Spring League. Hogan at Hawks and the old Bethesda guys would no longer play them because of the cheating allegations and their real only friend was Igloo....who now couldn't care less.

And thats exactly what they did. In a huge way. Developed players and continue to develop players. When HHH was running just 6,7,8 grade and funneling kids to Dukes were they not worth their salt? Are they worth their salt?? What an [lacrosse]. Look what they did in a few short years. Go ask around the top clubs in the country if their worth their salt. They are well respected despite what you keep saying to your self.
Any program worth their salt should be able to keep and run teams through high school. I would be suspect of a club that couldn't. What is their real motivation in running their club? Anyone can find some youth kids to put together and win a tournament. A real club will develop players.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Rumor is Wave One is helping get the team off the ground. Problem there is Wave One is run by a dad who has had his kid play on 5 or 6 different teams and he always moves because he does not believe coaches are being fair to his son. If he has money in Team 11 he will play an active role which could get very ugly, he and his wife can be really disruptive.

Sankey needs to break away from Wave One though. They are supposedly funding Team 11 which means things will get ugly fast!

Can anyone expand on this. Not familiar with the relationship.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Good question. HHH has some great coaches but yes, they are expensive and yes, the tryouts are costly. Many of the stud kids just go to the last official tryout so you really don't know how your kid stacks up until then.

Can anyone offer information on HHH? The rolling tryout process seems like it's all about the money.

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I love it. NXT blows up social media with "elite team in country". Tryouts were a farce. 12 Sons pre ordained and 5 token NXT kids make team. Only one of the five NXT kids would have made the Sons let alone "one of the best 2020 teams in the country". Feel bad for the Sons that were thrown under the bus and feel worse for essentially the whole team/parents of NXT lead down a dead end street. NXT couldn't train\field an elite team so they destroyed one to meet their "business model".

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Mesa 21 won Young Guns this year

Which Philly 2022 or 2021 club won any tournament attended by the top LI and MD clubs?

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Both teams just folded as of Sunday! Completely screwed their kids over. TD doesn't care about the program anymore, his kid committed and he is washing his hands of it. TBH I don't blame him. I just feel bad for the younger kids.

Any word on how the younger RS teams are doing? when you look on the site there seems to be no mention of a 2025 team and the 24's don't.... have a coach listed

Like Reply Quote
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hold up there angry one. NXT has fielded highly competitive teams at the High School level. 2016-2019 all are very strong. Over 60 committed kids as well. The 12 Sons players are some of the best in Philly. There were actually a bunch of Lasalle kids that did not make the team and the 2020 coach is being coached by the head Lasalle Coach. Not so much of a farce. And by the way Nxt 2019 whooped on Mesa. To say they can't field an elite team is absurd.
I love it. NXT blows up social media with "elite team in country". Tryouts were a farce. 12 Sons pre ordained and 5 token NXT kids make team. Only one of the five NXT kids would have made the Sons let alone "one of the best 2020 teams in the country". Feel bad for the Sons that were thrown under the bus and feel worse for essentially the whole team/parents of NXT lead down a dead end street. NXT couldn't train\field an elite team so they destroyed one to meet their "business model".

Like Reply Quote
Page 7 of 79 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 78 79
Quick Reply

Options
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled
CAPTCHA Verification

Link Copied to Clipboard