BOTC BOTC
The UnD1sputed Showcase (Boys & Girls) in June & the Girls LI Showcase is Open for Registration on CBLaxers.com - Don't Miss Out as 88 Players Only Accepted! | Invest for Growth - ADVERTISE with us!
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY MOST RECENT POSTS
Boys High School Lax
by Anonymous -
Girls High School Lax
by Anonymous -
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Forum Statistics
Forums20
Topics3,802
Posts385,545
Members2,606
Most Online62,980
Feb 6th, 2020
BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY FOLLOW US ON TWITTER
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28
Re: Boys 2020
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Originally Posted by Anonymous
The grade based system is a complete failure. Too many parents chasing early commitments and college scholarship and club owners feeding the frenzy have created an unsavory environment. Age based youth lacrosse until the 8th grade would be the best scenario to create a level playing field. Eventually US Lacrosse will get this done - it's the best for everyone over the long term.

Another idiot dad. News flash - youth lacrosse USED to be age based. It was changed to grade based like the girls side is to make it easier to compare kids within the same grade. Then some dads cried about it and now it may get switched back.

You'll learn that nobody cares who wins a youth tournament or game. The point is for these kids to compete against kids in their same grade. What's next - crying about playing against seniors when your son is a junior?

LOL. It's not that big of a deal, dad.

Actually the idiot is you. It wasnt switched to grade base to make it easier to compare. It all started with some Jerk in Howard County /HOCO making a grade base league instead of age like U9,10,11,12,etc a few years ago. All Howard County leagues in Howard County are age except Lacrosse.

Once that was available the Crabs and a couple others who had major influence in MIAA private schools took it and ran with it. Crabs, etc wanted the best teams and with MIAA holdbacks and the Crabs reputation for having good teams it worked. It also coordinated with the explosion of Club Lacrosse. Frankly many in Maryland were taken aback about Holdbacks. Most people outside the MIAA had NO IDEA that there were that many kids heldback.

Now you apologists want us to believe that you were only thinking of Little Holdback Johnny getting recruited or playing with his friends. Even worst is now the explosion of kids being held back in 8th grade now due to this holdback mentality. .

Yea no one cares according to you. Many care and find Lacrosse has become something less than desirable at the youth level. And it rests on the shoulders of all these clubs promoting holdbacks playing down instead of their age.

And once again you holdback apologists show the hypocrite in you. No one ever complained about HS players playing against older players. But you holdback apologists always want to be the oldest, dont you in youth Lacrosse?? Hypocrite
You big fat crybaby....Uhhg BOO HOO..Tell your kid to work harder and maybe you can play on some of these clubs and then you will know the truth that all you have said is a complete fabrication and generalization... Yup not denying holdbacks....Not the epidemic you speak of....

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY BACK OF THE CAGE SPONSORS

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Diaz vs Mcgregor 3?? Nah... I want to throw "entitled apologist" holdback dads in the cage vs Wendy whiner "aka"..my kid sucks to duke it out.. I just collect another few dollars btw ... Lol ..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please look at the Crabs, FCA, Loonies, etc players/ages. Tell me with a straight face that when of these teams with multiple reclassed players (1 and 2 years) plays anon age team from somewhere outside of Maryland they don't have a HUGE advantage simply because their players are significantly older. Having kids repeat 8th grade for athletic reasons is bush league. Tell yourself it isn't - but it is....

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Please look at the Crabs, FCA, Loonies, etc players/ages. Tell me with a straight face that when of these teams with multiple reclassed players (1 and 2 years) plays anon age team from somewhere outside of Maryland they don't have a HUGE advantage simply because their players are significantly older. Having kids repeat 8th grade for athletic reasons is bush league. Tell yourself it isn't - but it is....

They have an advantage primarily because the sticks have been in their hands since they were three or four years old.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being over 40 in my over 30 hockey league does not help. I tried being a hold back but seems to not work. Please help.

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Yeah the post from some guy saying his 2019 son who reclassed and turned down top schools and finally decided on a "top ivy" is real push league.. If I had the means and could do it over again for that outcome I would be all over it. And if you deny that you wouldn't do the same you are full of sh$$!!! Imagine having the opportunity to get into Princeton for example??? unless you are the top 2% in your class with a weighted 4.3+ and 1350+ SAT you have zero shot.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

They have an advantage primarily because the sticks have been in their hands since they were three or four years old.

you mean primarily because they are bigger and stronger than the kids on age, some cases 18+ months older.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They have an advantage primarily because the sticks have been in their hands since they were three or four years old.

That's rich. Silly argument. 10s thousands of kids play lacrosse at very early ages. Their advantage is that they are older. 16 year 8th graders beat 13 year old 8th graders. Stacking your team with 9th and 10th graders wins games. Field a team with on age kids and see what happens to the vaunted Crabs team.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
[quote=Anonymous]They have an advantage primarily because the sticks have been in their hands since they were three or four years old.

That's rich. Silly argument. 10s thousands of kids play lacrosse at very early ages. Their advantage is that they are older. 16 year 8th graders beat 13 year old 8th graders. Stacking your team with 9th and 10th graders wins games. Field a team with on age kids and see what happens to the vaunted Crabs team.

Crabs took a Kooper's helmet...you know they are desperate.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Was there a petro in it ?

BOTC GIRLS BOTC BOY Sponsored Links
A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

good for the Koopers player, no need to knock the kid though.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ed is that you?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Roughriders too, things must be pretty bleak in Crabland.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Ed is that you?

no Kevin, it isn't Ed.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

There just aren't nearly as many holdbacks as you act like there are.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Being over 40 in my over 30 hockey league does not help. I tried being a hold back but seems to not work. Please help.
Sure, you need to play up in the over 50 league

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Sure, you need to play up in the over 50 league

Oh wait they would not let you play in the over 50 league. You guys are grown men just suck it up and work harder and the 40 year old guy will not run circles around you.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
I do very good in the over 40 as I am 46 years old. Playing my age is OK but playing down is much more fun. The over 30 guys are much faster and I get better every time I play. I agree, Let's all play down. BTW, I know who wrote this. I will get you rrrrrr. LOL

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anychance you fathers encourage your sons to become academics and productive in society, perhaps a doctor or scientist?

Or just come back to town to coach lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Anychance you fathers encourage your sons to become academics and productive in society, perhaps a doctor or scientist?

My oldest graduated from college and is now a teacher and coach. I am damn proud of him. No more noble professional than being a positive mentor to young people. What kind of scientist is your son?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Nope. I encourage my son to kick your son's [lacrosse] on the lacrosse field. You think you are so smart just because you can read...

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

My oldest graduated from college and is now a teacher and coach. I am damn proud of him. No more noble professional than being a positive mentor to young people. What kind of scientist is your son?
Any chance you are [lacrosse]?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^love it. I also love that we all know every time there is a negative comment about anything (holdbacks, lacrosse isn't everything) you name it. It's coming from a Dad who's club coaches phone did not ring once this past summer inquiring about his little Johny.. Hey look at the bright side. rec soccer tryouts haven't happened yet..

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
^^love it. I also love that we all know every time there is a negative comment about anything (holdbacks, lacrosse isn't everything) you name it. It's coming from a Dad who's club coaches phone did not ring once this past summer inquiring about his little Johny.. Hey look at the bright side. rec soccer tryouts haven't happened yet..
Fly off the handle much? Easy there rageaholic

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your son the little elf that wanted to be a dentist?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Hey!!!! Do not pick on Dentist. The average dentist makes 250k per year. I would think that is much more than a teacher or a lacrosse coach.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

you mean primarily because they are bigger and stronger than the kids on age, some cases 18+ months older.

Or just 3 days older….

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Is your son the little elf that wanted to be a dentist?

You're an anti-dentite!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Homophobe, sexist, probably unemployed living thru your son.
Actually my son plays attack for team 91 and is an honor roll student. And I wouldn't care if he were [lacrosse]. Would love him anyway. He's got bigger goals than lacrosse. Loves the sport. Try some introspection. Therapy? Perfect example of what's wrong with youth lacrosse.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor there will be a movie made about coach BJ and Team Nine-d-1 2020 called Dude Where's my team?

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Any truth to the rumor there will be a movie made about coach BJ and Team Nine-d-1 2020 called Dude Where's my team?

This may be the best.....post.....ever.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Homophobe, sexist, probably unemployed living thru your son.
Actually my son plays attack for team 91 and is an honor roll student. And I wouldn't care if he were [lacrosse]. Would love him anyway. He's got bigger goals than lacrosse. Loves the sport. Try some introspection. Therapy? Perfect example of what's wrong with youth lacrosse.

You sound like a "normal" parent, and I totally agree with you! There are some people out there that are way over the top and lazier focused on their son's lacrosse "career" and have lost focus on the fact that it is way more important to be well rounded. I feel bad for the kid in thei situation, because no matter what they do it won't be good enough.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still posting? It gets old your personal issue with that coach and team. Your son must have been one of the kids cut in the past and white or green not working out so well. Let it go,

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Do you really take your son's lacrosse that seriously that you continually have to put everyone down? Very sorry for you and your kid if your kids lacrosse is the most important thing you have to focus on.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the big FCA vs Looneys game- can not wait to see who is the new #1 in Baltimore!

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
Which guy are you siding with.. Sounds like that comment refers to all the negativity about holdback critics who whine every post. So I think I agree, all the negativity about reclassed kids is pathetic. Get a life if you fall into that category

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

Still posting? It gets old your personal issue with that coach and team. Your son must have been one of the kids cut in the past and white or green not working out so well. Let it go,
. Why is it that when someone post something about coach BJ or his team that their son was cut by this coach? Seems you have the problem, you can't handle the truth so you lash out at anyone not praising BJ. For one, I would never have my son play for this idiot coach. Players learn nothing, his lax IQ is not high and he acts like a total a hole at games. Look at what happened to his team this month, most of them moved to other clubs. So buddy boy, WHOOP WHOOP BOOM.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

. Why is it that when someone post something about coach BJ or his team that their son was cut by this coach? Seems you have the problem, you can't handle the truth so you lash out at anyone not praising BJ. For one, I would never have my son play for this idiot coach. Players learn nothing, his lax IQ is not high and he acts like a total a hole at games. Look at what happened to his team this month, most of them moved to other clubs. So buddy boy, WHOOP WHOOP BOOM.

Agree, he is a total bozo. The perfect compliment to Millon

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A
When is the big FCA vs Looneys game- can not wait to see who is the new #1 in Baltimore!

On paper champions rarely win championships. I predict FCA could underachieve with all the committed kids and their egos. You have to actually care and give effort to win. Team chemistry could be a big challenge for them. And Looneys can only compete at the highest level if the Flogo plays AND his head is in the game. Should be an interesting season.

A
Anonymous
Unregistered
Anonymous
Unregistered
A

On paper champions rarely win championships. I predict FCA could underachieve with all the committed kids and their egos. You have to actually care and give effort to win. Team chemistry could be a big challenge for them. And Looneys can only compete at the highest level if the Flogo plays AND his head is in the game. Should be an interesting season.

Interesting take and quite possible. Too many egos.

Page 5 of 28 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 27 28

Link Copied to Clipboard